PDA

View Full Version : Open World TMNT Game

Pxndx
11-22-2014, 01:44 PM
If there was a open world TMNT game similar to GTA but with retro tmnt villians etc, cartoonish open world. Missions, weapon upgrades, foot soldiers to beat up on your way to missions. I mean there's endless possiblities to make this game possible and sucessful.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Candy Kappa
11-22-2014, 01:47 PM
This topic have popped up now and then before, and honestly. Not really, unless it's a super Fred Wolf based game where the turtles can walk among human civilians, or late Mirage Volume 4 where the Turtles pose as Aliens.

Pxndx
11-22-2014, 01:50 PM
This topic have popped up now and then before, and honestly. Not really, unless it's a super Fred Wolf based game where the turtles can walk among human civilians, or late Mirage Volume 4 where the Turtles pose as Aliens.

Lame ! Still probably better than the games they will actually put out based on the nick turtles. Kind of mad that my idea is unoriginal :tcry:

TigerClaw
11-22-2014, 02:15 PM
If they did, It would probably be based around the Nick series.

Autbot_Benz
11-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Have Lego and Travelers Tales do a TMNT game. They have done a great job with Batman and Marvel.

snake
11-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Have Lego and Travelers Tales do a TMNT game. They have done a great job with Batman and Marvel.

This. Lego makes great games.

nellyp
11-30-2014, 06:41 PM
This. Lego makes great games.

People are still asking for more lego games? My son is playing the Demo of Lego Batman 3 as I write this and the gameplay is tired and worn out I find. I am sure they have their audience but it seems to be people whose age match their shoe size. But in that same vein they aren't obvious enough puzzles that a parent wont have to help often and when my son hands me the controller it really feels like a chore.

A lego TMNT game would be even more annoying as you would find yourself swapping between 4 characters instead of the normal 2 or 3. "What is this a door that needs some brainy tinkering to unlock? Lets just cycle through until we get Donnie. There we go. Ok Donnie we will see you again when we have another door that needs opening."

Other than that the other turtles would not really stand out as they all can beat stuff up so Raph's anger would not really be anything special unless there are really big walls that only he can bust down like the Hulk in Lego Marvel. Leo would be designated to the guy who can use his swords to cut silver shiny blocks and Mikey would be the Dry humor the games are known for.

Pretty much any turtle would work most of the time until they need to do something techie so you might as well just play as Donatello the whole time just like in the first NES turtles game.

If you really wanted to stay in character for Donatello you could also have it so he is the only one who could build stuff out of lego bricks building on the master builder mechanic of the Lego movie game. "Donnie we have these bouncing bricks on the ground here. You mind building us a ladder so we can get out of here?"

Not that the turtles can't be adapted to this style of game but the lego games are so stagnant in their gameplay recently it is pretty much just slap a new licence on it and call it a day which TMNT needs a better game than that.

DevilSpooky
11-30-2014, 06:56 PM
People are still asking for more lego games? My son is playing the Demo of Lego Batman 3 as I write this and the gameplay is tired and worn out I find. I am sure they have their audience but it seems to be people whose age match their shoe size. But in that same vein they aren't obvious enough puzzles that a parent wont have to help often and when my son hands me the controller it really feels like a chore.

A lego TMNT game would be even more annoying as you would find yourself swapping between 4 characters instead of the normal 2 or 3. "What is this a door that needs some brainy tinkering to unlock? Lets just cycle through until we get Donnie. There we go. Ok Donnie we will see you again when we have another door that needs opening."

Other than that the other turtles would not really stand out as they all can beat stuff up so Raph's anger would not really be anything special unless there are really big walls that only he can bust down like the Hulk in Lego Marvel. Leo would be designated to the guy who can use his swords to cut silver shiny blocks and Mikey would be the Dry humor the games are known for.

Pretty much any turtle would work most of the time until they need to do something techie so you might as well just play as Donatello the whole time just like in the first NES turtles game.

If you really wanted to stay in character for Donatello you could also have it so he is the only one who could build stuff out of lego bricks building on the master builder mechanic of the Lego movie game. "Donnie we have these bouncing bricks on the ground here. You mind building us a ladder so we can get out of here?"

Not that the turtles can't be adapted to this style of game but the lego games are so stagnant in their gameplay recently it is pretty much just slap a new licence on it and call it a day which TMNT needs a better game than that.

There's a reason why LEGO games are bestsellers, and it's not because they only appeal to kids...

Ninjinister
11-30-2014, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a "fan" of the Lego games but I do enjoy the hell out of them when I play with my brother. Couldn't do it alone (own Lego Batman 2 on OUYA and Lego Indiana Jones on 360 and got bored a few levels in) but it's a lot of fun with someone who also is enjoying themselves. Plus, especially the newer games they've done, are just completely loaded with fan service.

I'd definitely buy a Lego TMNT.

nellyp
11-30-2014, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a "fan" of the Lego games but I do enjoy the hell out of them when I play with my brother. Couldn't do it alone (own Lego Batman 2 on OUYA and Lego Indiana Jones on 360 and got bored a few levels in) but it's a lot of fun with someone who also is enjoying themselves. Plus, especially the newer games they've done, are just completely loaded with fan service.

I'd definitely buy a Lego TMNT.

I would buy a Lego TMNT game too...for my sons. I might get a bit of fun out of it for the fan service but I can't get into the gameplay at all.

As far as not only kids enjoying them I do know a few adults who play them but only for PSN/XBL trophies/achievments but they tell me they are a grind and a chore so I dont know why they bother.

They sell lots to kids parents then they sell more to the ppl who scrounge through the bargin bins when they drop to $20 4 months after release.

Also for what it is worth, I hated the Lego Movie too, so theres that.

DevilSpooky
11-30-2014, 09:46 PM
I would buy a Lego TMNT game too...for my sons. I might get a bit of fun out of it for the fan service but I can't get into the gameplay at all.

As far as not only kids enjoying them I do know a few adults who play them but only for PSN/XBL trophies/achievments but they tell me they are a grind and a chore so I dont know why they bother.

They sell lots to kids parents then they sell more to the ppl who scrounge through the bargin bins when they drop to $20 4 months after release.

Also for what it is worth, I hated the Lego Movie too, so theres that.

Critics love them, gaming journalists love them, parents love them, kids love them, seriously, everyone and their mother love them, it's a freaking gold mine that sold more then 100 million copies worldwide across all releases. They're far from being my favorite games of all time but there's no denying the charm and brilliancy in them.

Ninjinister
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Now now... "everyone else likes it" is a piss-poor argument for why you don't agree with his opinion.

On the flip-side, nelly, you seem a bit too defensive against the theoretical existence of a product that would not affect you whether it came out or not :|

nellyp
12-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Now now... "everyone else likes it" is a piss-poor argument for why you don't agree with his opinion.

On the flip-side, nelly, you seem a bit too defensive against the theoretical existence of a product that would not affect you whether it came out or not :|

Just getting tired of subpar TMNT games is all. While I am sure a Lego game would sell well enough I dont think it would fill the void for a great TMNT game I have been looking for.

When playing games like Batman Arkham City I just wished that TMNT would get a game that could play like that. The sad thing is a Lego game would see the light of day before something with the high production values of the Batman Arkham games in the TMNT univeerse.

DevilSpooky
12-02-2014, 06:57 PM

No, you guys got it all wrong, I'm not saying that everyone should like it, I'm saying that it would be a good thing for the franchise, let's face it, the TMNT games today are not exactly "good games", but a LEGO game would do wonders for the franchise, not only are they fun and actually good games on their own, it would sell like crazy and might open the doors for a AAA game.