PDA

View Full Version : Cross-promotional things you'd like to see for the sequel?

IndigoErth
01-16-2015, 07:37 PM
I still jokingly kind of think they should get together with Kleenex (come on, TMNT print tissue boxes would be awesome lol) and ChapStick after last year's debates. :trazz:

That aside, I think Jelly Belly could very easily jump in. They've got several green shaded flavors, including a few speckled ones, they could use. Include a flavor matching each Turtle's signature color. Make a special limited edition pizza flavored jelly bean. (Hey, it sounds less gross than the Harry Potter flavors... lol) Movie ties it in with Mikey and jelly bean pizza. :twink:

Might be overdoing it and losing the noticeable color mix concept but there are of course also brown ones to pick from for Splinter, include a yellow for April if we must, if Casey is there maybe the speckled vanilla (mask coloration, certainly not personality). If Shredder is back he's black liquorice of course because he's evil.

snake
01-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Bring back turtle pies. I want to try one so bad!

IndigoErth
01-16-2015, 10:07 PM
:tthumbsu: Agree with this! Don't think I ever had one.

Leo656
01-17-2015, 03:55 AM
They were okay. Basically just a regular Hostess Fruit Pie with goopier filling and green food coloring. Taste-wise, I can't recall any Earth-shattering difference from regular ones.

Mew
01-17-2015, 06:16 AM
They should make a cereal.
I LOVE CEREAL.

Leo656
01-17-2015, 06:39 AM
Is Ralston even still around? They more or less had the market cornered on crappy licensed breakfast cereals in the late-80s and early-90s. :lol:

The old TMNT cereal was GHASTLY.

Powder
01-17-2015, 07:04 AM
I think one of the biggest irks I had with the flick outside of writing problems (which covers most of its flaws) was all of the shameless product placement. So I'd rather they do close to none, if possible.

If we're just talking about edibles you can find on the shelf at wal-mart, I'd love them to link up with Skittles. I'm totally biased here, because they're my favorite candy, but due to the color-coding, it could totally make sense. Cherry/strawberry/raspberry/watermelon/whatever for Raph, blueberry/blue raspberry/blue hawaii/whatever for Leo, orange/pear/mango/whatever for Mikey, grape/blackberry/plum/whatever for Donnie, lemon/pineapple/banana/whatever for April, something grey for Shredder (Coconut?), something brown for Splinter (I don't even know. Chocolate skittles would be gross.), bada bing.

Mew
01-17-2015, 10:22 AM
IDK.
If Kellogg's could.
Just Frosties in a special box.

IndigoErth
01-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Surprised Nick hasn't gotten someone to make a new cereal. lol Not sure I ever got the chance to try that one either.

Skittles would work nicely. Edit: Actually... now that I think about it, extra nicely since (gather 'round youngins) back in the day "bald headed skittle" was some kind of term and, well... baldy McGreen Team over there. :D

I demand green Skittles printed with TMNT (line art "classic") faces!

Oh and listen up Pizza Hut. Seriously. If you get the promo, try to actually do something for the average non-comic con customer this time, k? A simple purchasable plastic TMNT cup at the very least?

MsMarvelDuckie
01-17-2015, 02:13 PM
I'd like some Happy Meal toys, myself. They already do the Nick toon ones!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2015, 02:23 PM
Absolutely agreed. I think the worst part of the movie for me is Mikey ushering April to safety and bragging about Orange Crush. WTF!? His home and family is being destroyed, but hey, I've got drinks, don't tell Raph!?

Oh, and the Bluetooth was pretty eye-rollingly terrible. 'Cause, y'know, time travel? Did the Doctor provide the O'Neils with future tech?

I think one of the biggest irks I had with the flick outside of writing problems (which covers most of its flaws) was all of the shameless product placement. So I'd rather they do close to none, if possible.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
01-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Cross promotional stuff I would like to see? I can't think of anything right now and probably won't down the road.

Commenter 42
01-17-2015, 02:59 PM
It would be nice if they did more with environmental or animal protection, not generate more plastic and waste for landfills. Yeah, I'm totally being that guy.

That's what I would actually like to see. Not as fun as jelly beans or other food gimmicks, but I actually care about animals, not getting a sugar high or eating trashy fast food. Sure it's fun, It tastes good at the time, but man do I regret the poisons I ate as a young guy.

If they do Rocksteady, maybe mention the White Rhino is almost extinct, because people believe in magic medicine? I know environmental issues are "annoying" to some of you, but so is doing the dishes, cleaning the litter-box, and laundry. At some point all of them need to be dealt with.

Bay mentioned he might do a wildlife documentary on endangered animals. would be nice to see cross promotion there.

Powder
01-17-2015, 03:01 PM
That's a solid idea, & the turtles have had environmental messages in most of their previous iterations. But to expect it from the new film series... well, prepare for disappointment.

Leo656
01-17-2015, 03:06 PM
"This summer... From the guys who told you that flushing your turtle pets down a sewer was the same as 'setting them free'... comes the second movie, where they tell you... ummm, please don't do that, it's a terrible idea and we were really irresponsible last time." :lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
01-17-2015, 03:08 PM
It would be nice if they did more with environmental or animal protection, not generate more plastic and waste for landfills. Yeah, I'm totally being that guy.

That's what I would actually like to see. Not as fun as jelly beans or other food gimmicks, but I actually care about animals, not getting a sugar high or eating trashy fast food. Sure it's fun, It tastes good at the time, but man do I regret the poisons I ate as a young guy.

If they do Rocksteady, maybe mention the White Rhino is almost extinct, because people believe in magic medicine? I know environmental issues are "annoying" to some of you, but so is doing the dishes, cleaning the litter-box, and laundry. At some point all of them need to be dealt with.

Bay mentioned he might do a wildlife documentary on endangered animals. would be nice to see cross promotion there.

You know, that's a REALLY good idea! Love it. It would be cool if they at least had a nod or two to them being environmentally conscious like in SotO.

IndigoErth
01-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Environmental stuff is a great idea. Snarky or otherwise. They're bound to partner with various brand names though, adding a strong recycling element would be a plus.

Hell, look at all the stuff the Turtles save from landfills by fixing or repurposing stuff they find, esp in this movie, they're (still) perfect spokesmen. (Edit: Discovery channels/related channels had done some "Turtle takeover week," they need to go further into that idea and environmental stuff, not just a movie sneak peeks.)

Oh dear god I hate to think. Can't see them not promoting environmentalism there though, they'd be stupid not to.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-17-2015, 03:28 PM
I will laugh my shell off if PETA gets involved in promoting this movie.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Doubt it. They're probably still stewing over April "rescuing" them by dropping them into the sewer.

massakre
01-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Campbells = Turtle Soup :lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
01-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Turtle soup??!! ROFLMFAO!! :teek::tlol::trazz::twink:

IndigoErth
01-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Campbells = Turtle Soup :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/nE3AtuI.jpg

:lol:

You mean TMNT shaped pasta in a cheesy tomato soup made from a pizza sauce base, right? :P

MsMarvelDuckie
01-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Hope so. REAL turtle soup would just be wrong on SOO many levels....

Ninjinister
01-18-2015, 08:21 PM
Bring back turtle pies. I want to try one so bad!

Yes.
I keep e-mailing Hostess telling them I'd buy them by the case if they made them again.

Refractive Reflections
02-21-2015, 03:04 AM
How about TMNT toilet paper? That way, both fans and haters can send their comments (of all written kinds) to the shelled-ones using the sewer system. ;)

Mew
02-21-2015, 05:23 AM
How bout Turtles soap? Or a god awful tasting yogurt? If it has TMNT on it, you buy!

IndigoErth
02-21-2015, 06:07 AM
How about TMNT toilet paper? That way, both fans and haters can send their comments (of all written kinds) to the shelled-ones using the sewer system. ;)
:lol::lol::lol:

I'd rather just clog the film maker's toilets with such 'hate wipes.' They "ruined" the Turtles' childhood just as much as the fan's. :P :tlol: