PDA

View Full Version : what is the best type and brand of paint to use for customizing figures

Ninturtle
03-15-2015, 07:48 PM
lately I've been disappointed with the paint job on the new Nick TMNT figures and I've decided to get in to customize and because of all bad paint jobs are. my question is what type of paint should I use on a on figures? I've heard acrylic paint is good but I'm not sure what brand to use. Sorry if this question has been brought up in other threads.

jazzmatazz
03-15-2015, 08:11 PM
I use acrylic and I've been happy with the results. As for brand I have a variety of random leftovers at my house I've been using up. For longevity it is recommended to use only one brand of acrylic. Paints don't always mix so well.

I have yet to figure out what type of sealant to use. Thus far I haven't been sealing the few figures I've painted but I know my Casey is going to need it on all his weapons since the paint is going to rub off without sealer when posing for pictures.

Huzzah
03-15-2015, 08:58 PM
I tend to avoid the cheapo acryls from places like walmart for figures, though they work well enough on my dios. Primarily I have Games Workshop Citadel paints, or Model Masters. Most customizers tend to use those as well, in my experience, especially the Citadel Acryls.

inksb
03-16-2015, 04:44 PM
I just started doing custom painting. From what I can tell Citadel are awesome paints but way too expensive for me right now so I just use Testors Acrylics. They are not terrible but definitely feel on the cheaper side.

Tankster
03-19-2015, 07:21 AM
I use Model Master Acrylics and some Citadel paints but Acrylic only on soft plastic do not use enamel paint!! trust me I have been painting for over 8 years