PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Street Fighter characters?

Prowler
04-28-2015, 04:19 AM
So which are your favorite fighters in the Street Fighter series?

I usually fare best with Ryu, M. Bison, Ken and Guile. Notice that I've only played the Street Fighter 2 series. So I dunno if their movesets have changed much from Alpha on or not.

Ryu is easy for a beginner to pick up but he's also a pretty decent fighter to play as in higher difficulty. M. Bison is a beast. It's almost cheating to play as him in the Street Fighter 2 series. :lol:

I find Sagat and Vega the toughest opponents. Vega just jumps all over the place and dodges many of your attacks with constant backflips in the higher difficulty levels, and Sagat just spams his viper fireballs and his uppercuts. M. Bison is tough too, but he's the final boss, so unsurprising. Honda and Ryu/Ken can be a pain in the ass in higher difficulty levels as well.

What about you?

Mayhem
04-28-2015, 04:33 AM
I mainly played as Ken or Guile in SF2 but then when CE and Turbo came out, I was playing a bit more as Sagat. I liked the high/low tiger shot mixup with the long legs to counter air attacks. With SF4, Sagat has been my main, he was a beast in the vanilla release, and understandably was toned down a bit in later versions of the game. I have also been known to play as Akuma and Cammy as well, and occasionally Zangief.

Prowler
04-28-2015, 04:44 AM
I mainly played as Ken or Guile in SF2 but then when CE and Turbo came out, I was playing a bit more as Sagat. I liked the high/low tiger shot mixup with the long legs to counter air attacks. With SF4, Sagat has been my main, he was a beast in the vanilla release, and understandably was toned down a bit in later versions of the game. I have also been known to play as Akuma and Cammy as well, and occasionally Zangief.
Of the 4 bosses, I played mostly as M. Bison and then Vega. He was quick and deadly and his attacks had cool animations. Definitely a character you want to master.

Slade
04-28-2015, 05:07 AM
First game I ever played, Street Fighter II. I picked Ryu and almost beat the game at 5 years old.

I mostly stuck with him, but I learned to really dig Akuma. So it's Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Evil Ryu, Oni.

turtlefanforever
04-28-2015, 08:27 AM
maybe not my favorite but i like dhalsim and seth just cause u can spam those long arm attacks haha. Ken has probably always been my fav along with vega in general but to play with i really like E.honda

Prowler
04-28-2015, 08:56 AM
maybe not my favorite but i like dhalsim and seth just cause u can spam those long arm attacks haha. Ken has probably always been my fav along with vega in general but to play with i really like E.honda
Dhalsim is actually one of my least favorite characters to play as.

Slade
04-28-2015, 10:52 AM
Dhalsim is to slow for me. I've seen some people go into beast mode with him before.

I'm not good with charge characters. I don't like to turtle.

oldmanwinters
04-28-2015, 12:04 PM
In any version of SFII: Ryu

I'm pretty dull in that regard.

For whatever reason, I usually have more success against the AI with Ryu than Ken.

Cure
04-28-2015, 12:12 PM
I'm not as attached to Street Fighter characters as I am to like, Smash Brothers characters or even Mortal Kombat characters so I always just pick random. I guess I like Ken, though.

Netkeeper
04-28-2015, 03:18 PM
M. Bison and Dudley!

I LOVED M. Bison as a kid. Not even sure why.

Mew
04-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Blanka!
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/c/c4/Blanka_movie-1-.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091118075336

Wingnut
04-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Ryu or Fei Long.

Vega or Cody if I really like my chances.

Prowler
04-29-2015, 02:07 AM
In any version of SFII: Ryu

I'm pretty dull in that regard.

For whatever reason, I usually have more success against the AI with Ryu than Ken.
Ryu is cool, man! And he's quite a tough opponent as well in the higher difficulty levels.

But yea, who doesn't like to do shoryukens and throw hadoukens? It NEVER gets old.

Another character I like playing as, but don't play very often with, is Chun-Li.

I'm not as attached to Street Fighter characters as I am to like, Smash Brothers characters or even Mortal Kombat characters so I always just pick random. I guess I like Ken, though.
I kinda relate to that. In Street Fighter there's a nice balance and each character seems to have something that you like about, unlike Mortal Kombat where there's characters I don't even bother playing with. And if it wasn't for the trophies, I wouldn't play with every SSB character in every mode either.

M. Bison and Dudley!

I LOVED M. Bison as a kid. Not even sure why.
Because he's a badass mofo and one of the best fighters in SF II?

Cure
04-29-2015, 10:57 AM
I kinda relate to that. In Street Fighter there's a nice balance and each character seems to have something that you like about, unlike Mortal Kombat where there's characters I don't even bother playing with. And if it wasn't for the trophies, I wouldn't play with every SSB character in every mode either.

Not what I meant at all. I meant I don't really like Street Fighter characters, whereas I like Smash Brothers and Mortal Kombat characters a lot.

AT-Man
04-29-2015, 11:33 AM
I like Sagat and E. Honda.

Prowler
04-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Not what I meant at all. I meant I don't really like Street Fighter characters, whereas I like Smash Brothers and Mortal Kombat characters a lot.
Ah ok.

A fighting game series whose characters I don't like... Tekken.

Netkeeper
04-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Tekken's characters are very uninteresting to me.

Brodie
04-29-2015, 08:54 PM
I guess I like Ken, though.

Thanks buddy.

I like Ken too. Ryu as well, but Ken is my ish.

Prowler
04-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Tekken's characters are very uninteresting to me.
Tekken games as a whole are quite uninteresting and boring to me. It's not that they're bad games or anything, but they come across as all flash and no substance. I just can't connect with them.

And for all that's worth it, you and I aren't the only ones who feel that way regarding Tekken characters.

Thanks buddy.

I like Ken too. Ryu as well, but Ken is my ish.

Even though both Ken and Ryu are borderline identical in the SF II games, I seem to be more comfortable playing as Ryu.

turtle1237
05-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Cammy is pretty much who I use in the SFII games,

With just SFII though I think Turbo, its either Ryu or Vega. Cammy came and I just feel in love with her.

snake
05-25-2015, 11:16 PM
Ken and Cammy are my mains.

I'm good with Vega and to a lesser extent, Cody.

Prowler
05-26-2015, 06:13 AM
Cammy is pretty much who I use in the SFII games,

With just SFII though I think Turbo, its either Ryu or Vega. Cammy came and I just feel in love with her.
Cammy kinda sucked in SSF2, from what I recall. In fact, from the 4 new challengers, Fei Long was the only good one at the time.

Ken and Cammy are my mains.

I'm good with Vega and to a lesser extent, Cody.
I've been maining Cammy in USFIV as well.

chrisdude
05-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Cammy and Ken, generally. I also enjoy using Sakura, Cody and Sean.

sdp
05-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Street Fighter has so many iconic characters and amazing character design, I don't think many other franchises can match it. I like most of them but I definitely have favorites. As a kid Blanka was my favorite character but I don't find him very appealing anymore and only like him because of nostalgia now. I think I actually like more girls than guys in SF but a quick list of top tier character designs for me in no order include: Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Chun-Li, Sakura and Ibuki. But of course there's many more I like a lot that I'm missing like Vega, Ken, Ryu, etc.

Prowler
05-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Street Fighter has so many iconic characters and amazing character design, I don't think many other franchises can match it. I like most of them but I definitely have favorites. As a kid Blanka was my favorite character but I don't find him very appealing anymore and only like him because of nostalgia now. I think I actually like more girls than guys in SF but a quick list of top tier character designs for me in no order include: Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Chun-Li, Sakura and Ibuki. But of course there's many more I like a lot that I'm missing like Vega, Ken, Ryu, etc.
I liked Blanka as a kid, too. Not only because I found playing as an animal/beast to be pretty cool, but also because he was easy to control. I think he's the first character whose special moves I've learned. They were all easy to pull back in SF2: The World Warrior.

But Ryu and Ken quickly overcame him as my favorites. It's hard to explain but the first time I saw Ryu performing a Hadoken I thought it was the coolest **** I had ever seen. And the way he assertively shouted the name of his fireball move made it seem even cooler.

I also liked Guile due to the Johnny Bravo hair, but he was a bit harder to control and as a little kid, I wasn't patient enough at the time to play defensively.

Dhalsim and Zangief are the only ones I could never get the hang of. Also, I used to think Dhalsim yelled "Yoda" instead of "Yoga" :lol:. And the 4 new fighters in Super Street Fighter 2 all sucked but Fei Long. Even Cammy was pretty weak back then.

As for SF having a great character design, well I dunno, I find the likes of Cody, Yang and Jun to be pretty generic looking. The best characters were all introduced in the SF2 series, imo.

Sumac
06-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Chun Li in pirate SF2 on NES and arcade SF2 and SF3TS as well.
Karin in SFA3.

Prowler
06-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Cammy and Ken, generally. I also enjoy using Sakura, Cody and Sean.
I find Ken better than Ryu in USFIV. Or at least more fun to play as.

Ninjinister
06-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Elena and Dudley for gameplay; I like Charlie too but can't play him.

Prowler, btw I'm not ignoring your PM; I just can't load up your message on mobile for some reason. Next time I'm at a computer for more than 60 seconds I'll shoot you a reply
(Also I can't leave a profile comment so this is where this explanation goes)

Prowler
06-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Elena and Dudley for gameplay; I like Charlie too but can't play him.

Prowler, btw I'm not ignoring your PM; I just can't load up your message on mobile for some reason. Next time I'm at a computer for more than 60 seconds I'll shoot you a reply
(Also I can't leave a profile comment so this is where this explanation goes)
No problem, dude. :)

Dunno if Elena is my thing. I've been meaning to try Dudley out, though. I'm trying to finish the Arcade mode with every character at least once.

Garreth
06-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Bison and Balrog in SF4
Ryu and Akuma in a3
Guile in SFII purely because guile theme blows my ****ing ears out
Akuma in 3rd strike

turtle1237
06-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Cammy kinda sucked in SSF2, from what I recall. In fact, from the 4 new challengers, Fei Long was the only good one at the time.

I've been maining Cammy in USFIV as well.

Hoolem, is and her cannon moves make her pretty dangerous. Go into Hoodlem speed, and she is pretty fast, she should be able to get a body slam or what ever you like if it lands, She also has good combo sets up with a mix of punch and kicks, you have to play pretty aggressive with her though.

Prowler
06-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Hoolem, is and her cannon moves make her pretty dangerous. Go into Hoodlem speed, and she is pretty fast, she should be able to get a body slam or what ever you like if it lands, She also has good combo sets up with a mix of punch and kicks, you have to play pretty aggressive with her though.
What do you mean by "hoolem speed"?

Well in Ultra she's been nerfed compared to vanilla and Super, from what I've heard. Spiral Arrow is kinda unsafe a lot of times, unless it's EX.

As for SF2, I only play it solo, so it doesn't really matter, I guess. A good player will be able to beat it with anyone. And I'm better with Cammy in SSF2 and SSF2T than with Zangief or T. hawk. Grapplers aren't my thing.

Cammy's main issue is the same as any female: low health. And if she's cornered, then it's practically game over.

Cannon Spike is a great move, though, since you can't air block in SF4. It's won me several rounds and matches. She also has good footsies.

Funny enough, Cammy is pretty damn lethal in the Capcom vs. SNK games, and I've been told that she's also pretty strong in the Marvel vs. Capcom series as well.

turtle1237
06-29-2015, 03:18 PM
What do you mean by "hoolem speed"?

Well in Ultra she's been nerfed compared to vanilla and Super, from what I've heard. Spiral Arrow is kinda unsafe a lot of times, unless it's EX.

As for SF2, I only play it solo, so it doesn't really matter, I guess. A good player will be able to beat it with anyone. And I'm better with Cammy in SSF2 and SSF2T than with Zangief or T. hawk. Grapplers aren't my thing.

Cammy's main issue is the same as any female: low health. And if she's cornered, then it's practically game over.

Cannon Spike is a great move, though, since you can't air block in SF4. It's won me several rounds and matches. She also has good footsies.

Funny enough, Cammy is pretty damn lethal in the Capcom vs. SNK games, and I've been told that she's also pretty strong in the Marvel vs. Capcom series as well.

I meant the move was pretty fast, and could catch people off guard, Yeah if corner its game over, but no fighter in SF2 is "perfect" All have there flaws, Cammy is fast, and is a pretty good grappler, Not on the level of Zangief, but were Zangief has strength on his side, he lacks speed, and Cammy has speed and thus can dash in on any Hadoken ryu and pretty much mess up there day.

Zangief would have a harder time closing the gap than Cammy, but when Zangief gets there, the pain is coming lol.

Prowler
06-29-2015, 03:32 PM
I meant the move was pretty fast, and could catch people off guard, Yeah if corner its game over, but no fighter in SF2 is "perfect" All have there flaws, Cammy is fast, and is a pretty good grappler, Not on the level of Zangief, but were Zangief has strength on his side, he lacks speed, and Cammy has speed and thus can dash in on any Hadoken ryu and pretty much mess up there day.

Zangief would have a harder time closing the gap than Cammy, but when Zangief gets there, the pain is coming lol.
Well, obv SF2 isn't as balanced as 4. In fact, pretty much every fighter has some balance issues, some more than others. The only series that probably doesn't, or at least they're very subtle and barely noticeable, is Virtua Fighter.

Anyway, it only really matters if you play competitively. Apparently, Ryu and ken are the lowest tiered fighters in SF2: World Warrior, but if you play against the CPU, they're the easiest ones to start with when you move onto higher difficulty.

turtle1237
06-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Well, obv SF2 isn't as balanced as 4. In fact, pretty much every fighter has some balance issues, some more than others. The only series that probably doesn't, or at least they're very subtle and barely noticeable, is Virtua Fighter.

Anyway, it only really matters if you play competitively. Apparently, Ryu and ken are the lowest tiered fighters in SF2: World Warrior, but if you play against the CPU, they're the easiest ones to start with when you move onto higher difficulty.

When I played the first SF2 in arcades, I was Ryu, Ken or perhaps Chun Li or Guile, This was before there was a million SF2's. It was just SF2 the world Warrior, Ryu and to some extant Ken had more to do with there SF1 roots,(I played the arcade of that too in the late 80's as kid, I had no ideal that the harder you hit the button determined the power of the punch. So I lost a lot) So seeing Ryu and Ken in SF2 after there SF1 fame, was pretty neat.

Than SF2 the new challengers came, and I just feel in loved with Cammy, She was hard to master, but in the right hands could be a problem. I have not played the new Challengers in ages, BUT I do recall her being pretty good in my hands.

Prowler
07-01-2015, 01:11 AM
When I played the first SF2 in arcades, I was Ryu, Ken or perhaps Chun Li or Guile, This was before there was a million SF2's. It was just SF2 the world Warrior, Ryu and to some extant Ken had more to do with there SF1 roots,(I played the arcade of that too in the late 80's as kid, I had no ideal that the harder you hit the button determined the power of the punch. So I lost a lot) So seeing Ryu and Ken in SF2 after there SF1 fame, was pretty neat.

Than SF2 the new challengers came, and I just feel in loved with Cammy, She was hard to master, but in the right hands could be a problem. I have not played the new Challengers in ages, BUT I do recall her being pretty good in my hands.
Well any good player can be deadly with any character, I suppose.

I had World Warrior and The New Challengers. Also have Turbo on the VC. Didn't get the chance to try Champion Edition and Super Turbo out until this year.

World Warrior I mostly like due to the nostalgia factor, but it's clearly barren and unbalanced compared to the later editions of SF2. New Challengers was a big change for me and it was like having 8 new characters to play as.... but I found T-hawk, Cammy and Dee jay all uninteresting and weak at the time. I loved finally playing with the bosses, though. M. Bison particularly. And then Vega was my 2nd favorite. Least fave of the bosses was Balrog. All he did was punch and I love kicking.

Never been good with the likes of Zangief and T-hawk. I'm not good with grapplers.

Never saw a SF arcade in my life. When I was 5-6 years old(back in 1995-1996) I had a Virtua Fighter arcade near my place and played on it a few tiems but always against the CPU and would lose pretty early in. Obviously my mother wouldn't let me play for a long time because, you know, it cost money to keep on playing. :lol:

Spike Spiegel
07-03-2015, 05:32 PM
I really like Poison in USFIV.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/3/3d/Poisonart.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150322215423
Others:
Ryu
Bison
Chun-Li
Dudley, Elena, and Q in 3rd Strike

shuriken
07-09-2015, 05:01 AM
Guy, Ken, Cammi, Chun-Li, Guile and Charlie are my faves. I don't really have a main, I guess it just depends on what I feel like on that day and time.

HotJuicyBurgers
07-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Chun all day erry day.

Gotta love those legs.

JTH
07-09-2015, 03:03 PM
I always liked Zangief.

He crush man's skull like sparrow egg between thighs!

Prowler
07-10-2015, 03:16 AM
Chun all day erry day.

Got love those legs.
And her boobs, too. :P

I always liked Zangief.

He crush man's skull like sparrow egg between thighs!
Zangief had the best ending in SF2:

TWmv2gZMRu0

Mzx10484
07-12-2015, 12:48 AM
I played SFII (SNES) Turbo and my fav characters were Guile, Ken & Ruy. A very cheap opponent was Balrog in my opinion. Not really able to jump :P

Sumac
07-12-2015, 05:56 AM
Currently playing SFII series. My favorite characters so far: Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Sagat and Vega. Especially Vega. I like fast characters.

Prowler
07-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Currently playing SFII series. My favorite characters so far: Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Sagat and Vega. Especially Vega. I like fast characters.
Vega and Chun-Li are deadly in Super Turbo. Chun-Li isn't that great in Champion Edition, though.