PDA

View Full Version : Voices of the Turtles for second movie

aliena
11-27-2015, 05:53 PM
I thought the actors did an amazing job and their voices were perfect to me. I love that they bonded just like the guys do in the movie. One thing I did not like was Leo's voice. I am hopeful that they get rid of Knoxville for the next movie. I haven't looked to find out if that happened since I don't want to hear that it's staying the same.

But this is just my opinion. Others might have loved Leo's voice. I just didn't think it sounded like Leo. It was a little too creepy in some cases. It sort of kept me from connecting to Leo in this movie when he's usually my favorite. I am also curious as to why they didn't keep the actors voice as Leo. Was there some problem with him?

On an ironic note, I never cared for any of Leo's voices in any TMNT movie. My favorite Leo voice is 2k3 or Biggs on Nick.

IndigoErth
11-27-2015, 06:10 PM
You guys know I'm chomping at the bit over that one... I admit, every now and then I look online, hoping to find any hint that Pete will be doing it this time and/or that Knoxville will be busy with other junk... I hope they keep Pete in and don't change anyone else.

Really though, it was imo clearly just a name grab. (And you saddle Leo with him?? :ohwell: It just feels like it was done so thoughtlessly and for it made me feel a bit offended for Leo.) They could have just given him a cameo or saved him for Bebop or Rocksteady if they were going to go with the bumbling '87 duo version.

Among my least fav things about the film honestly, just too one-tone gruff the entire time, he turned screechy when trying to speak louder or sounding stressed >.< (where as in the one snow chase clip online that appears to be Pete's vocal tones he did not sound that way... only thing Knoxville added was screechiness *facepalm*), and here and there his accent is noticeable. Then there was Knoxville answering the question if he'd done any research... just irked me further and makes it seem like no consideration for the character was given, it was just for the name. :ohwell:

Gah, shouldn't get me started on this... lol

LeotheLateBloomer
11-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Does anyone have any clips of Pete's voice as Leo? I'm curious to hear how he sounded.

pdizzle
11-28-2015, 07:19 AM
There are clips of his voice on the speacial features of the dvd or bluray

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Honestly for me, the voices where nothing special, and not really that iconic

compared to past Turtles series and films these just dont stand out to me over others

ands it not even the actors they where just blah

i mean do this when you think of a certain turtle who is your go to voice for the..ill bet you guys its someone from the fw toon or 90s movies

...but again this falls under the they wanted "big names" and "pretty faces"..instead of anything iconic

Amaranthus
11-28-2015, 09:39 AM
The Nick voices are perfect, imo. Especially Donnie's.

turtlefanforever
11-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Should keep knoxville and change all the rest.

Foombamaroom
11-28-2015, 02:26 PM

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Autbot_Benz
11-28-2015, 02:45 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/5buyas.jpg

The guys who did Mike Raph and Don were excellent they should stay

IndigoErth
11-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Favorite TMNT Character
Michelangelo
Not surprised. :trazz:

Can't even say how often I've seen it turn out like that, many who thought it was great, or perfect even, in fact have some other character as their fave. Not that there aren't Leo fans who liked it, but they seem to be in the minority vs those who weren't too thrilled.

Powder
11-28-2015, 05:53 PM
They all did just fine. Nothing special, but no major complaints from me. & I liked Knoxille's Leo, but I was not sober when I saw it & there's no way I'm watching it a second time, so I can't say if that opinion stands or not. Prolly does. I dunno. Can't afford to get hopped up about the thing anymore at this point. There's no light at the end of the tunnel as far as I'm concerned.

But I will say that if there was anything decent about the film it was their performances. They had an awful script to work with, however. I wish Donnie had been less of an offensive geek stereotype, but that's not exactly the actor's fault. He did was he was paid to do.

graphic_content
12-01-2015, 09:12 AM
To this day, I still don't understand why Paramount felt the need to swap out Pete's voice, for Knoxville. Is Knoxville really that much of a box office draw that Paramount felt like his involvement would significantly increase sales?

In any case, I hope Pete's voice is retained for this film - while these kinds of films aren't known for their Oscar worthy performances, I can't imagine it's easy for an actor to properly portray a character, when he knows in the back of his head that half of performance will be cut from the final film. He's basically a glorified stand-in. Which sucks.

From the little I heard of Pete voicing Leo, its sounded good, and I hope he gets the chance to actually completely portray the character he signed on to be.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Listening to Leo's voice in the new trailer, it sounds like Pete is voicing Leo.

beeshaw
12-10-2015, 09:47 AM
From the little I heard of Pete voicing Leo, its sounded good, and I hope he gets the chance to actually completely portray the character he signed on to be.

Listening to Leo's voice in the new trailer, it sounds like Pete is voicing Leo.

Sounds like he's doing a little bit of a Knoxville impression though. Not sure if that was his 'original' Leo voice, or if they asked him to gruff it up a bit. But it's not as...friendly sounding as his normal speaking voice.

- but it's better than Knoxville and I'm glad he's getting to do the FULL performance.

IndigoErth
12-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Indeed. Esp the first line heard, "What's happening out there, Donnie?" That's gotta be him.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/912049a754cc3a87205ced3e3018e5e4/tumblr_inline_nua2c71be61tz7qk1_500.gif

I barely even know anything about the guy, but whoever cast the four guys for the Turtles did their job well and I trusted that he was cast for good reason. (Plus video of the guy talking about the first film showed he'd have be a great fit.) Justice, finally; Leo and Pete both deserved this.

Leo656
12-10-2015, 09:26 PM
They didn't, and don't, thrill me. "Passable", I guess.

The guys are never going to sound in my head like these guys do, so I kind of don't care. They did okay, but they could get four other guys and I don't see what difference it would make. "Good job doin' what you're supposed to do," and all that.

Frankly I think Leo's voice is a little too deep and Mikey's is a little too high.

TerranigmaFreak
12-10-2015, 09:29 PM
I don't get the hate for Knoxville as Leo. Of all the problems, he wasn't even an issue for me. If fact, I like his voice for Leo.

Shark_Blade
12-11-2015, 05:12 AM
I think it's Pete Ploszek's voice in the trailer. If it is, then I'm happy for him. :tlove::D

srmff
12-11-2015, 08:19 AM
I don't get the hate for Knoxville as Leo. Of all the problems, he wasn't even an issue for me. If fact, I like his voice for Leo.

I think the issue is that people felt that Pete was hard done by. He probably thought that he'd be playing Leo but it turned out that he wouldn't be voicing him. It seemed unfair when the other guys were able to voice the character they were playing while he wasn't.

IndigoErth
12-11-2015, 12:02 PM
That (Pete and Leo both getting gypped), but also felt that Knoxville was also rather flat, one-tone 95% of the time, there really wasn't much variation in the vocal acting which I found disappointing. Along with the moments that his accent is obvious and at other times he sounded screechy. *cringe* (No offense intended toward those who share accents similar to Knoxville, but that just isn't Leo... And that screehiness has got to go.) Some may have liked it ok and that's fine for them, but I just really didn't care what he "brought" (or didn't) to it.

ranger_scout
12-11-2015, 06:37 PM
I think the issue is that people felt that Pete was hard done by. He probably thought that he'd be playing Leo but it turned out that he wouldn't be voicing him. It seemed unfair when the other guys were able to voice the character they were playing while he wasn't.

He was the only one of the four turtle actors to not have his voice included in the film, but he was NOT THE ONLY actor who went through that situation. Danny Woodburn's voice for Splinter was not included in the movie. Paramount had Tony Shalhoub voice the character instead. I can see why they did that though. Woodburn did not sound good as Splinter on the mobile game.

Candy Kappa
12-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Woodburn's mo-cap wasn't used either. They hand animated the CG model using the mo-cap as reference. So all in all, Woodburn is not in the movie at all.

turtlefanforever
12-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Hate the voices, Don & Leo the most. Shoulda kept knoxville.

Etsyturtle2
12-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Hate the voices, Don & Leo the most. Shoulda kept knoxville.

AGREEd.:x:tcry:

Shark_Blade
12-12-2015, 05:46 PM
I thought it's an improvement; Leo sounded better here. The last one he sounded like a 50 year old chainsmoker with a throat cancer.

Autbot_Benz
12-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Don's voice is great Jeremy Howard's Donnie has a hint of Rob Palusen's donnie in his voice.

IndigoErth
12-12-2015, 06:01 PM
I thought it's an improvement; Leo sounded better here. The last one he sounded like a 50 year old chainsmoker with a throat cancer.
:lol: Yup yup.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-12-2015, 08:05 PM

I thought you didn't mind Knoxville's voice.

Shark_Blade
12-12-2015, 08:11 PM
When was that? :-?

Leolead
12-15-2015, 07:11 PM
I'm SOOO glad they got rid of Knoxville. Pete's voice is perfect.

Foombamaroom
12-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Based on the first movie, I honestly loved Donnie's voice the most. Then Raph's, then Mikey's, then Leo's.

I thought the Turtle voices were great, one of the highlights of the film.

Xav
12-15-2015, 09:29 PM
I'm SOOO glad they got rid of Knoxville.They didn't get rid of Knoxville. He's confirmed as returning.

Leolead
12-15-2015, 09:57 PM
They didn't get rid of Knoxville. He's confirmed as returning.
What? why was Pete's voice in the trailer then? I don't even see Knoxville's name in the cast.

Link?

samxsteal
12-15-2015, 11:09 PM
They didn't get rid of Knoxville. He's confirmed as returning.

Pretty sure that was just a mistake from that one website.

newhire13
12-16-2015, 09:50 AM
To me Pete's Leo voice sounds really similar to Johnny's (judging from what little I've heard). Actually made me wonder if for the first one Johnny listened to Pete's voice over work and was trying to emulate it.

Xiewin
12-16-2015, 10:11 AM
"Tony Shaloub is returning to voice splinter and Johnny Knoxville will again voice Leonardo, making Ploszek the only Turtle actor who doesn’t get to use his voice. But there will be a new actor for Shredder and a new actress for Karai, Form said."

http://collider.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-interview-stephen-amell/

Not sure if this is true or not.

turtlefanforever
12-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Don's voice is great Jeremy Howard's Donnie has a hint of Rob Palusen's donnie in his voice.

:tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::t lol::tlol::trolleye:

Autbot_Benz
12-16-2015, 11:08 AM
:tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol::t lol::tlol::trolleye:

whatever troll

letscook89
12-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Guys please don't complain about the original voices cause they are way better than the french dubbing which is godamn awful. :tcry:

Leolead
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM

Not sure if this is true or not.
Don't buy it. If PD/Paramount didn't plan on using Pete's voice, they wouldn't have put it in the trailer. (Leo was the only turtle who didn't speak in the trailer for the first film) Probably just a mistake on Collider's part *Cough Power Rangers Cough*

IndigoErth
12-16-2015, 03:54 PM
That article got me disappointed for a sec when I saw it the other day, but then I was thinking that along with all the others that were posted - that I guess the people who did them finally got the go ahead to publish - it sounds like they are all from information that is many months old at this point. So... unless it's proven otherwise, I'm not buying that old info as anything confirmed about that. They could have just as easily intended to bring Knoxville back at that time (or someone they spoke to simply assumed so), but changed their minds since then.

Don't buy it. If PD/Paramount didn't plan on using Pete's voice, they wouldn't have put it in the trailer. (Leo was the only turtle who didn't speak in the trailer for the first film)
Exactly what I'd been thinking.

aliena
12-16-2015, 07:58 PM
That article got me disappointed for a sec when I saw it the other day, but then I was thinking that along with all the others that were posted - that I guess the people who did them finally got the go ahead to publish - it sounds like they are all from information that is many months old at this point. So... unless it's proven otherwise, I'm not buying that old info as anything confirmed about that. They could have just as easily intended to bring Knoxville back at that time (or someone they spoke to simply assumed so), but changed their minds since then.

Exactly what I'd been thinking.

I'm thinking that perhaps they haven't filmed Knoxville yet and decided to use Pete for the Preview. I mean, is the movie completely finished this early on? I'm hoping that is not the case, but I did see Knoxville is on IMBD as Leo's voice. Bummer.

IndigoErth
12-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Although I think the sequel has had an IMDB page since not long after it was green lit (lighted?), with some of the credits, esp actors, already there at the time based on assumption alone well before filming actually even started. Pretty sure users (or at least the Pro ones) can edit stuff, right? So, taking IMDB with a grain of salt personally.

sethmartin
12-16-2015, 08:14 PM
IMDb isn't always accurate, especially for movies not yet released. They've had Johnny Knoxville on there since the sequel was first announced. I've listened to the trailer several times and it doesn't sound like Knoxville. I don't know if it's Pete or someone else but I don't think it's Knoxville, at least not in the trailer

aliena
12-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Although I think the sequel has had an IMDB page since not long after it was green lit (lighted?), with some of the credits, esp actors, already there at the time based on assumption alone well before filming actually even started. Pretty sure users (or at least the Pro ones) can edit stuff, right? So, taking IMDB with a grain of salt personally.

I'm really hoping it's Pete. I like it so much more in the preview so I'm holding out hope. If they listened to the fans like they said they did, they may have decided to go with him on this movie.

ranger_scout
12-17-2015, 07:41 PM

However, they acknowledged, “Leonardo’s no one’s favorite.”

:tconfuse: What? When it came to voting on seeing the posters of the turtles for the first film, Leonardo was voted in 1st place by the fans. Even Cam Clarke says that people have come up to him and said that Leonardo was their favorite turtle from 18:34 to 18:50.

1vIYwNiDgWU

IndigoErth
12-17-2015, 08:00 PM
More-so than just being leader, there's a lot to the guy that's quite respectable. But maybe he's just too clean cut for some, he's not the sort who's there to be someone else's entertainment. :trazz:

Although this interview - http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-cast-interview/3/ - has:
Fisher: Leo was your favorite? Leo’s no one’s favorite.

So I don't know where that one interview got "they" from. Hmph. lol

samxsteal
12-17-2015, 08:46 PM
You guys do realize he was joking about Leo right? Thats just Fisher being Fisher.

Leolead
12-18-2015, 02:44 AM
IMDb isn't always accurate, especially for movies not yet released. They've had Johnny Knoxville on there since the sequel was first announced. I've listened to the trailer several times and it doesn't sound like Knoxville. I don't know if it's Pete or someone else but I don't think it's Knoxville, at least not in the trailer
it's Pete. Watch any interview and you can easily tell it's him. I doubt they would have put him in trailer if they didn't intend on using him in the movie.

And they know Knoxville wasn't received well by many fans.