PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dudes!

Nick Pitarra
10-31-2016, 06:38 PM
I'm Nick Pitarra...TMNT fan and occasional TMNT artist.

New to the forum... found it when researching TMNT IDW comics a while back. I originally became a fan though the 80's TMNT cartoon and toy-line. Bebop is my favorite character...I collect commissions of him.

Artwise, I've done about 12 or so TMNT covers for IDW, the most recent ones being the big connecting Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything Cover(s) illustration. I'm currently working with writer John Lees to bring WYRM to the IDW comic universe in January (TMNT Universe #6).

I plan on opening a thread in the comics section to show a few teaser images, process stuff, and maybe host some type of art give away to keep interest up in our WYRM story (and to generally entertain myself with human interaction away the drawing board).

Happy to be apart of the community.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-31-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm Nick Pitarra...TMNT fan and occasional TMNT artist.

New to the forum... found it when researching TMNT IDW comics a while back. I originally became a fan though the 80's TMNT cartoon and toy-line. Bebop is my favorite character...I collect commissions of him.

Artwise, I've done about 12 or so TMNT covers for IDW, the most recent ones being the big connecting Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything Cover(s) illustration. I'm currently working with writer John Lees to bring WYRM to the IDW comic universe in January (TMNT Universe #6).

I plan on opening a thread in the comics section to show a few teaser images, process stuff, and maybe host some type of art give away to keep interest up in our WYRM story (and to generally entertain myself with human interaction away the drawing board).

Happy to be apart of the community.

Welcome, sir! Glad to have you!

MikeandRaph87
10-31-2016, 07:18 PM
Welcome aboard! I hope to have you contribute in various sections as a fan but also in the comic section as a creator. I hope to see the commissions of Bebop you have collected. I always preferred Bebop over Rocksteady. He had a cooler design and had more potential of the two IMHO.

Edit: Btw, one of the mods need to turn your user green as a creator.

Powder
10-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Nice to have you here! I'm a fan of your work.

I tried to meet you at Heroes Con last summer but your table was gone. Bummer. :(

snake
10-31-2016, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the forums! I'm hyped for IDW Wyrm! Love the B/R covers as well.

TMNTChris1980
10-31-2016, 09:26 PM
Hey Nick!!!

Not sure if you remember, but we met at Boston Comic Con. I was lucky enough to do a bad ass Bebop sketch (on a blank cover), and you even gave me some candy.

Your stuff is great, glad to see you on here.

Nick Pitarra
10-31-2016, 10:25 PM
Welcome, sir! Glad to have you!

Thanks man!

Nick Pitarra
10-31-2016, 10:26 PM
Hey Nick!!!

Not sure if you remember, but we met at Boston Comic Con. I was lucky enough to do a bad ass Bebop sketch (on a blank cover), and you even gave me some candy.

Your stuff is great, glad to see you on here.

Awesome! Yeah i remember that! Did I make you get Bebop? Can't recall (I always kind of suggest Bebop to people).

Nick Pitarra
10-31-2016, 10:27 PM
Nice to have you here! I'm a fan of your work.

I tried to meet you at Heroes Con last summer but your table was gone. Bummer. :(

Aw man...I was there! Maybe I was off to lunch or something? Hope to see you at the next one.

Nick Pitarra
10-31-2016, 10:31 PM
Welcome aboard! I hope to have you contribute in various sections as a fan but also in the comic section as a creator. I hope to see the commissions of Bebop you have collected. I always preferred Bebop over Rocksteady. He had a cooler design and had more potential of the two IMHO.

Edit: Btw, one of the mods need to turn your user green as a creator.

I'll def share some Bebop commissions...I have a bunch of killer ones. Bebop was always my fav...like you said...mainly for the design...I loved his general street punk vibe...and humor. I collect bebop action figures as well...I have a little TMNT/Bebop shrine going in my studio. B and R are the best henchmen ever.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Nick Pitarra
10-31-2016, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forums! I'm hyped for IDW Wyrm! Love the B/R covers as well.

Thanks man! I'm really excited about it. We wanted to try and bring that weird vibe from his archie comic appearance and stay true to some of his general design elements from the original toy. I'll post more in the comic section about it w an art give away in the coming days.

Those B/R covers were a blast to work on, thanks!

n

Gin Rummy
10-31-2016, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

Mzx10484
11-01-2016, 03:36 AM
Welcome & greetings from Germany to Texas 8) !!

ToTheNines
11-01-2016, 03:51 AM
Hey Nick, I'm a big fan, pleased to meet you. Can't wait to see your cover for TMNTU #6!

Powder
11-01-2016, 03:56 AM
Aw man...I was there! Maybe I was off to lunch or something? Hope to see you at the next one.

Dunno! It was near closing on a Sunday, so I just figured you & Erik Burnham alike took off early. :tsad: Hopefully some other time, yeah!

On a different note, maybe you'd like to see a Dan Berger (who should need no introduction!) commission I got a few years ago which features Bebop-

http://i63.tinypic.com/20sw009.png

He's easily the better of the two safari mutants. :tlol: While I'm not always big on these guys getting involved in series' outside of the old 'toon (though y'alls mini was amazing), they're still classics that will always hold a place in my heart.

Candy Kappa
11-01-2016, 05:01 AM
Welcome to the 'Drome

TheBlueTurtle1
11-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Lets see some of your art!

The Deadman
11-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Hello and welcome!

Utrommaniac
11-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Hey, man :D . Cool to have you here. At some point, you'll probably be getting the green text to your name, which will be awesome.

Icebot
11-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!