PDA

View Full Version : My PS3 might have a little problem!!!

Splinter the boss
12-10-2016, 11:53 AM
I put a game in, the system read it, the disc was rolling when all of a sudden it stopped. I did not start the game yet, it was on the homepage of the system. All I did was putting the game in. is that supposed to happen?

FredWolfLeonardo
12-10-2016, 11:55 AM
I've never had this issue before. Are you using the slim ps3 or one of the old models?

Splinter the boss
12-10-2016, 11:59 AM
I have the super slim one.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-10-2016, 12:04 PM
I have the super slim one.

Oh, I'm not sure what the problem might be exactly but Id suggest two things:

1. Gently clean off any dust that might have gathered in the disk area
2. Go the ps3 setting and turn off the option to auto start games if you have a disk inside (if this setting is on)
3. Try other disks, maybe the problem is with the disk and not the console

Splinter the boss
12-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks, what do you clean your system's disk area with? I'm not quite sure how to approach that.

Turo602
12-10-2016, 06:46 PM
My PS3 stopped reading discs over a year ago too. I was halfway through God of War, stopped to put on a movie and no dice. Couldn't watch anything or even continue through God of War. Apparently it's a common issue and people usually just have to replace the disc reader in the system or something. I never done it, so my PS3 has been collecting dust for a while now which really sucks. I don't know if that's your issue too, but I thought I'd share anyway.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Thanks, what do you clean your system's disk area with? I'm not quite sure how to approach that.

I don't clear the inside because I use the older ps3 slim which ejects disks automatically, so dust doesn't generally go in there.

Super slim on the other hand, I think would need cleaning on the inside if the disks aren't working

Splinter the boss
12-11-2016, 05:38 AM
Alright, thank you everyone.