PDA

View Full Version : What's your age?

DisKosh
02-27-2017, 08:49 PM
I couldn't find a thread for this which is, quite frankly, very surprising but I thought 'what the hell, I'll make my own'.

So, I'm 23 (born 1993). :tsmile:

CyberCubed
02-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Sadly I'm middle age now, just recently turned 31 having been born in 1985.

It seems like only yesterday I was in my 20's and even my teens, I have no idea where the time goes. God when I registered to this forum back in 2004 I was only 18 years old. You can literally read old posts of mine from over a decade ago with 18 year old me ranting on the forums. Back then the 2k3 series was airing and I was all over it and the review threads.

Hell I have posts on other forums like IGN dating back to when I was a 13 year old. Jesus. Some of us original TMNT fans are so old now it's ridiculous. If only there was a way to stop time from moving forward. God I miss being a whiny teen posting rants on message boards in the early 2000's. Believe it or not this is me "calmed down" from what I used to be like. I used to be quite a ranting fiend in my younger days.

IndigoErth
02-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Close to being old enough to decline such questions.

In other words, the late end of 37, or finely aged since April '79. (Not even sure how that happened.)

Sadly I'm middle age now
You only intend to live until young 60s? The cut off of "young adult" isn't even until after 35. Though some sources say 40.

But that's the bad thing about the 20s... they fly by at the exact opposite speed the teens dragged through in. The 30s seems to speed up even more. :ohwell: Kind of makes you not want to wait too long for more TMNT films and shows.

Good news for you younger ones though, I can't say I actually FEEL any older than say 25-ish. If anyone does feel old at this age then that is sad.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-27-2017, 09:14 PM
New thread about age? Check. Cubed ranting about getting old? Double check. BINGO!! Just filled up my Cybercubed Bingo card for the day....

And I'm 40 for those wondering.

Prowler
02-27-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty sure this is one of those threads that gets made every year or so, but I guess there's no harm in creating it again.

Me, I'm 26 years old(born in 1990). Turned 26 about 3 months ago.

Close to being old enough to decline such questions.

You only intend to live until young 60s? The cut off of "young adult" isn't even until after 35. Though some sources say 40.

But that's the bad thing about the 20s... they fly by at the exact opposite speed the teens dragged through in. The 30s seems to speed up even more. :ohwell: Kind of makes you not want to wait too long for more TMNT films and shows.

Good news for you younger ones though, I can't say I actually FEEL any older than say 25-ish. If anyone does feel old at this age then that is sad.
Time has sped up from 2013 or so on. After turning 22 the years have been going by just like that. It's been like this ever since I've gotten into university.

I feel a bit different from when I was 20-22. Less idealistic and less impulsive. Can't really put my finger on it, but also my opinion on some things has changed a bit over the last few years. Maybe I'm maturing an starting to feel like an actual adult. When I was 20-23 I still felt like a "kid" somewhat. But then I hit 25 and something sunk in on me.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-27-2017, 09:41 PM
Yeah it happened the same for me. I think it's that moment when you realize you really ARE an adult and can't go back to being the "innocent, carefree" days of being a kid. That's life for ya though!

Prowler
02-27-2017, 09:46 PM
Yeah it happened the same for me. I think it's that moment when you realize you really ARE an adult and can't go back to being the "innocent, carefree" days of being a kid. That's life for ya though!
Well it wasn't an overnight click or anything. When I turned 23 I was like "damn time is just moving forward". And then came 24 and 25. I barely remember being 23 and 24. It's like those years just slipped my fingers. 25 didn't go by as fast, actually.

I think when you're 20-22 you still have a little bit of that teenage mentality left in you until ti eventually goes away. Plus most people are still studying at the time, while people aged 25-26 usually are already done with their studies(or bachelors at least) and already getting into the full time working routine, living on their own, being in long term relationships, etc.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Exactly. I think it happens around that age for MOST people. (Eternal man-children excluded.)

Prowler
02-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Exactly. I think it happens around that age for MOST people. (Eternal man-children excluded.)
Well I still don't consider myself very mature, tbh lol

MsMarvelDuckie
02-27-2017, 10:16 PM
I think you're pretty mature actually. Levelheaded and rational.

Prowler
02-27-2017, 10:25 PM
I think you're pretty mature actually. Levelheaded and rational.
Well I might come across that way but keep in mind that talking to someone online is different form talking to someone irl. Not only you don't see how I act/carry myself on a daily basis but I also have more time to think of how to answer your questions or how to address your points in an online forum.

DisKosh
02-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Hell I have posts on other forums like IGN dating back to when I was a 13 year old. Jesus. Some of us original TMNT fans are so old now it's ridiculous. If only there was a way to stop time from moving forward. God I miss being a whiny teen posting rants on message boards in the early 2000's. Believe it or not this is me "calmed down" from what I used to be like. I used to be quite a ranting fiend in my younger days.

Yeah, me too. I used to be a massive fan of Futurama and I remember posting in the PEEL forum as well as using the forums on StarTrek.com.

You don't seem too bad as far as ranting goes, in fact you seem more level headed than many other fans I've come across. :)

Well I might come across that way but keep in mind that talking to someone online is different form talking to someone irl. Not only you don't see how I act/carry myself on a daily basis but I also have more time to think of how to answer your questions or how to address your points in an online forum.

I often find that's the way online. When I was thirteen people tended to think I was older than I was though with facebook profile pictures it's not really an issue anymore.

plastroncafe
02-28-2017, 07:58 AM
Old enough to know better, young enough not to care.

TigerClaw
02-28-2017, 08:21 AM
I'm 44, born in 1973.

Krutch
02-28-2017, 09:56 AM
31, and really starting to feel the pinch of getting my ass in gear. I want to be so much further ahead than I am right now.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Old enough to feel old, young enough to have nobody sympathize when I say that I feel old.

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 11:22 AM
When do people generally go through mid-life crisis? Is it during your 30's or 40's?

AT-Man
02-28-2017, 11:33 AM
When do people generally go through mid-life crisis? Is it during your 30's or 40's?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between 45–65:[2] "The period between early adulthood and old age, usually considered as the years from about 45 to 65." The US Census lists the category middle age from 45 to 65.

Prowler
02-28-2017, 11:38 AM
What's the origin of the term "mid-life crisis" anyway? Is it used by medical professionals and such?

Admittedly I don't know really know any people aged 45-65 on a personal level(except my parents, that is) but I never really heard of a real life case of someone going through a mid-life crisis.

DarkFell
02-28-2017, 11:39 AM
I'm young enough to ignore how old I am.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2017, 11:47 AM

The mid-life crisis depends on how old someone actually lives.

For instance, if you're going to die next year due to choking on an inferior burrito, you would have actually had your mid-life crisis around age 15!

BUT, if aliens abduct you and their unholy medical experimentation results in you possessing an unnaturally long lifespan, you could live to the ripe age of 150 and not have a true mid-life crisis until the astonishing age of 75!

Prowler
02-28-2017, 11:58 AM
I wonder if CyberCubed will still be posting in online message boards like this one 40 years from now.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2017, 12:07 PM
I wonder if CyberCubed will still be posting in online message boards like this one 40 years from now.

Not if he asphyxiated on an inferior burrito.

Prowler
02-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Death by choking sounds so unpleasant and also so embarrassing. I've almost choked a few times in my life and it was scary. I sometimes tend to eat a bit fast.

Jesus imagine talking about someone who did a lot of cool things in their life and then when people ask you how said guy died you say "well he choked on his mid-night snack". Several coolness points instantly lost, I bet.

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 12:12 PM
I think people are often surprised how long people have been on online internet communities or forums. While some people come and go, it's only because they visit other forums instead. So no matter what, you're still online *somewhere*.

Just look at how many people have been in this place for a decade already. Did any of you think that when you first registered here you'd still be around 5-10 years later? Probably not, yet here you are.

Prowler
02-28-2017, 12:16 PM
I think people are often surprised how long people have been on online internet communities or forums. While some people come and go, it's only because they visit other forums instead. So no matter what, you're still online *somewhere*.

Just look at how many people have been in this place for a decade already. Did any of you think that when you first registered here you'd still be around 5-10 years later? Probably not, yet here you are.
The first ever internet forum I joined was in 2001 or so, I think. And that forum doesn't seem to exist any longer.

Honestly, I'm surprised I've been on the 'Drome for eight years now. It just doesn't feel like I've been here that long. I don't consider myself a veteran or anything. I think it's because I only became truly active around late 2013 or 2014. From 2009 to mid 2003 I must have made about 200 posts at best. I'd log in, make 3 posts, and then not show up again until 2 months later or so again. Plus, in 2009-2010 these forums were a bit "dead" in comparison to nowadays.

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Most of the big gaming boards from the early 2000's still exist. IGN, gamefaqs, neogaf, etc...or the big communities for pokemon like Serebii, Kazenshuu for Dragonball, etc.

Plus all those comic book websites for the big DC and Marvel stuff.

Andrew NDB
02-28-2017, 12:25 PM
On a sidenote... IMDB removed all of their message boards. You can no longer go on a movie's page and post questions/comments/anything.

Too much pressure from Sony about trolls when their female Ghostbusters movie came out, I'd wager.

Prowler
02-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Most of the big gaming boards from the early 2000's still exist. IGN, gamefaqs, neogaf, etc...or the big communities for pokemon like Serebii, Kazenshuu for Dragonball, etc.

Plus all those comic book websites for the big DC and Marvel stuff.
IGN was a lot more active before they updated the boards around 2009, though. Also IGN doesn't seem to care about promoting their boards considering no one seems to pay for Premium anymore.

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 12:28 PM
Yeah, IGN was crazy active during the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era. Even the non-gaming boards like The Vestibule and all the communities had tons of new posts and threads every day.

It was the rise of social media in the mid 2000's like twitter, tumblr, etc. that has pretty much killed off traditional forums. Now people are just to content to post what they like on their social media accounts and follow tags rather than post on boards or forums.

Sad really, I'll always find traditional forums/boards like this one better to follow than social media accounts.

Prowler
02-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Yeah, IGN was crazy active during the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era. Even the non-gaming boards like The Vestibule and all the communities had tons of new posts and threads every day.

It was the rise of social media in the mid 2000's like twitter, tumblr, etc. that has pretty much killed off traditional forums. Now people are just to content to post what they like on their social media accounts and follow tags rather than post on boards or forums.

Sad really, I'll always find traditional forums/boards like this one better to follow than social media accounts.
The vestibule was crazier back in the day. Nowadays it's just basically full of political arguments. You have SJWs and redpilled alt righters arguing with each other back and forth.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
02-28-2017, 12:51 PM
On a sidenote... IMDB removed all of their message boards. You can no longer go on a movie's page and post questions/comments/anything.

Too much pressure from Sony about trolls when their female Ghostbusters movie came out, I'd wager.

Yeah, I saw that... honestly, I never got any useful information or opinions whenever I'd read over the message boards. And I wasn't a member... so no loss to me.

Ninjinister
02-28-2017, 01:26 PM
What's your age?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Pqtmoeq68SU/hqdefault.jpg

DisKosh
02-28-2017, 02:07 PM
31, and really starting to feel the pinch of getting my ass in gear. I want to be so much further ahead than I am right now.

Sorry to hear that, I think in this economy many people feel like that these days. I have a degree and everyone made it seem like after graduating I'd walk straight into a well paid graduate job and buy my own house etc.

Fortunately even in my teens I knew that was bulls**t and university was not a 'get rich quick scheme', but not everyone sees that way which puts more pressure on graduates and makes them more likely to feel like failures when actually it's in part down to the economy.

So yeah, please don't feel bad. You are more than your career and your paycheck. :)

Yeah, I saw that... honestly, I never got any useful information or opinions whenever I'd read over the message boards. And I wasn't a member... so no loss to me.

I go on them sometimes but I think I lost faith in them when I failed at convincing someone that plants weren't homosexual (I wish I was kidding).

Andrew NDB
02-28-2017, 02:20 PM

I go on them sometimes but I think I lost faith in them when I failed at convincing someone that plants weren't homosexual (I wish I was kidding).

They were always useful to me when I'd have some nagging question about random movies. I'd always get a ton of answers back.

FredWolfLeonardo
02-28-2017, 02:29 PM
19. It feels really weird hanging around people here who are old enough to be my parents.

DisKosh
02-28-2017, 02:56 PM
19. It feels really weird hanging around people here who are old enough to be my parents.

Really? I find age means little when you have something in common. For instance, I may be 23 but I will talk to my aunt and uncle's friend Harry who's in his 60's about Babylon 5, likewise, I have a friend who's only 17 but we both love TMNT.

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 02:57 PM

Heh, I remember being a teenager on a forum full of 20+ year olds and back then I felt like such a kid too.

I was like 14 years old on this sci-fi forum where everyone else was like 21-26 year old adults. Funny thing is nobody there knew how young I was, I just kept posting my opinions on things and was talking with people 10 years older than me.

Now *I'm* the old person and now I'm interacting with young teenagers. :lol:

DisKosh
02-28-2017, 03:01 PM
Heh, I remember being a teenager on a forum full of 20+ year olds and back then I felt like such a kid too.

I was like 14 years old on this sci-fi forum where everyone else was like 21-26 year old adults. Funny thing is nobody there knew how young I was, I just kept posting my opinions on things and was talking with people 10 years older than me.

I was kind of in the same boat but I didn't really feel like a kid in comparison. Anyone under 25 felt like a peer.

Although now if I talk to teenagers online although I try not to treat them like kids, I feel really protective over them (have said that, I feel protective over many adults too).

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 03:14 PM
I was kind of in the same boat but I didn't really feel like a kid in comparison. Anyone under 25 felt like a peer.

Although now if I talk to teenagers online although I try not to treat them like kids, I feel really protective over them (have said that, I feel protective over many adults too).

Yeah, I think people don't realize how much young teenagers are influenced by the things they read online, or the things people say to them. I know I was.

Also a lot of flamewars in various forums with people hating each other over stupid things, most of it is because teenagers treat it like they're in school and have grudges over forum members.

I learned a lot when I first came online around the time I was 13 or so.

Prowler
02-28-2017, 03:32 PM

I was 18 when I joined this place. At the time lots of older users were still posting here. Most of them already at least 25 or already in their early 30s. I felt so young at the time.

Yeah, I think people don't realize how much young teenagers are influenced by the things they read online, or the things people say to them. I know I was.

Also a lot of flamewars in various forums with people hating each other over stupid things, most of it is because teenagers treat it like they're in school and have grudges over forum members.

I learned a lot when I first came online around the time I was 13 or so.
Lots of adults seem to hold grudges here too, though. In fact, I think I've seen worse attitudes from adult users here than from younger ones. Some example we're to the youngsters, eh?

Wesley
02-28-2017, 03:35 PM
I'm 30 years old (born in 1986).

DisKosh
02-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Lots of adults seem to hold grudges here too, though. In fact, I think I've seen worse attitudes from adult users here than from younger ones.

That's often the case. I don't hang out in the Phantom of the Opera community any more because even though there are plenty of adults there, many of whom have read the book, they are still extremely immature. Many of them treat you like crap for disagreeing over certain points. I also had a similar experience with a historical society to celebrate the life of Joseph Merrick.

Where as, I've found many TMNT fans, especially of the Nick series, are accepting of people with different views of the show.

Cyndaquilfan123
02-28-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm 17, I'll be 18 in a little over a month.

TigerClaw
02-28-2017, 06:51 PM
I was 18 when I joined this place. At the time lots of older users were still posting here. Most of them already at least 25 or already in their early 30s. I felt so young at the time.

Lots of adults seem to hold grudges here too, though. In fact, I think I've seen worse attitudes from adult users here than from younger ones. Some example we're to the youngsters, eh?
That's because a lot of the adults hold to the older stuff very dearly, and when they remake it, they would have fits when it's not how they remembered it.

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Here is the Life expectancy chart. Average age of death is 71 years old now, which seems oddly low to me given how many people live to their 80's and 90's nowadays:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

Also look at the older years when people only made it to 35. Yikes.

IndigoErth
02-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Only if I'd been a teenage mother. :P No thanks.

DisKosh
02-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Here is the Life expectancy chart. Average age of death is 71 years old now, which seems oddly low to me given how many people live to their 80's and 90's nowadays

Anyone find it strange how TMNT: Fast Forward was set in 2105 which is less than 100 year in the future. If I live to 112 it will be in my lifetime and I don't for a second think it's going to be accurate.

We'll look at it the same way we look at Space 1999 now.

MsMarvelDuckie
02-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Well yeah it is NOW, but when that season aired (late 2005) it WAS 100 years in the future. But yeah I don't see it being accurate either.

IndigoErth
02-28-2017, 09:11 PM
I dunno... them there Turtles have had a knack for predicting things. :twink::trazz: Back in that '80s show they had Turtlecoms before we had cell phones; Donnie hooked up his dimensional teleportal thing so that it basically doubled as something like a big flat screen tv; April could look up stuff on her computer at Channel 6 as if she had internet. These things seem common place now until you realize their real life equivalents didn't exist yet.

Goodness knows what these Turtles, esp other versions, have also predicted that we don't know about yet... lol

Being nearing the last couple years of the 30s as I am, is it weird that I'd lately been feeling a touch sad about my vehicle pushing the big 4-0...000 (miles) itself? lol It finally hit it on the way to work this afternoon. Although given it's age this is really low mileage. But that reminder that I'll catch up to it in a couple years, minus the last three digits...

DarkFell
02-28-2017, 09:31 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Pqtmoeq68SU/hqdefault.jpg
That was just awesome. :)

CyberCubed
02-28-2017, 10:03 PM
It's hard to believe we'll all drop dead at some point in the future.

Cure
02-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Yeah, real hard. It's not like it's the most common thing in all of existence or anything.

DisKosh
02-28-2017, 11:08 PM
Imagine if there was a scene in a fantasy movie where the hero visits an oracle who looks them straight in the eye and solemnly proclaims: 'You will die.'

Hero starts freaking out and asks when.

Oracle: 'At the end of your life.'

Andrew NDB
02-28-2017, 11:37 PM
I dunno... them there Turtles have had a knack for predicting things. :twink::trazz: Back in that '80s show they had Turtlecoms before we had cell phones

Pretty sure many other film things "predicted" those way before the Fred Wolf crap. Like, I dunno, Star Trek TOS in the 60s.

DestronMirage22
02-28-2017, 11:50 PM
I feel like I'm old enough as I am. Getting old sucks. I like where I'm at now. The thought of getting married and having kids in a few years or whatever is enthralling, but I want to enjoy my relative youth while I still can.

AT-Man
03-01-2017, 04:10 AM
They were always useful to me when I'd have some nagging question about random movies. I'd always get a ton of answers back.

Exactly, you could always rely on there being answers, if you wanted to dig through filth. I would be all for strong authentication for IMDB message boards, if they ever come back. Sometimes it was even funny to read messages from haters.

ProactiveMan
03-01-2017, 08:01 AM
I'm waiting for the 'what is your mother's maiden name?' thread, followed by a call from the credit card company.

CyberCubed
03-01-2017, 04:02 PM
It would make sense most TMNT fans skew older, as many of us were around for the original TMNT fad in the 80's and 90's. We would HAVE to be in our late 20's or early 30's if we were around back then.

What would be interesting to me is the young teens/20 year olds who came on board during the 2k3 or Nick era.

snake
03-01-2017, 04:03 PM
15. Joined when I was 11.

Jester
03-01-2017, 04:31 PM
I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth.

CyberCubed
03-01-2017, 05:10 PM
I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth.

According to your profile you're 32. Weird, I always thought you were much older than me. From the pictures you posted here I thought you were in your late 30's, like around 36-37 or something.

Jester
03-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Really? I guess the beard DOES work...

CyberCubed
03-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Believe me, if you and me were standing side by side, I'd look like a kid in comparison to you.

IndigoErth
03-01-2017, 05:59 PM
We would HAVE to be in our late 20's or early 30's if we were around back then.
Psh. What, older 30s is somehow outside the group? Late 20s/early 30s wouldn't even remember the start of the first cartoon (and some not even the film), while I was within their target age at 8; and 11 (or almost 11) for the first film. (And 40-somethings of course who beat us all for having been old enough to have and remember Mirage.)

Prowler
03-01-2017, 06:02 PM
My brother grew up with the FW series. He's 34 years old, but not a member of this forum.

I also grew up with the FW series but that's thanks to constant reruns from the late 90s to the early-mid 2000s here.

CyberCubed
03-01-2017, 06:07 PM
The original cartoon started in 1987. I was 2 by then, I don't think I started watching it till around 1989 or so when I was 4.

Prowler
03-01-2017, 06:09 PM
The original cartoon started in 1987. I was 2 by then, I don't think I started watching it till around 1989 or so when I was 4.
I watched from episode 1 to the middle of the 3rd season(Turtle,s Turtles Everywhere me thinks) in 1996-1997 or so. Then watched the rest of the show in 2002-2003.

CyberCubed
03-01-2017, 06:11 PM
The original cartoon was rerun to death on TV in the 90's, so even the kids who were too young or not even born yet probably caught it all through reruns rather than when it originally aired.

It's easy to forget how huge TMNT was back then in the height of Turtlemania. Basically as big as Pokemon was when it first came out in 1998.

Prowler
03-01-2017, 06:20 PM
The original cartoon was rerun to death on TV in the 90's, so even the kids who were too young or not even born yet probably caught it all through reruns rather than when it originally aired.

It's easy to forget how huge TMNT was back then in the height of Turtlemania. Basically as big as Pokemon was when it first came out in 1998.
Was it easy to find on American TV in the late 90s, though? I mean you guys have tons of channels since you make so many goddamn cartoons and tv shows. Gotta make room for all of them.

CyberCubed
03-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Was it easy to find on American TV in the late 90s, though? I mean you guys have tons of channels since you make so many goddamn cartoons and tv shows. Gotta make room for all of them.

Yeah, reruns aired regularly up to 1995-1996 or so on USA Express, in addition to CBS.

By 1997 though the OT was off in the air completely, and Next Mutation was airing on Fox.

Prowler
03-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Yeah, reruns aired regularly up to 1995-1996 or so on USA Express, in addition to CBS.

By 1997 though the OT was off in the air completely, and Next Mutation was airing on Fox.
One crappy thing though, no TMNT toys to be found here in the late 90s/early 2000s. It wasn't until I was 13 or so that I got my first ever TMNT toys... but obviously they were of the 2k3 series.

DisKosh
03-01-2017, 11:03 PM
I never had any TMNT toys as a kid because I never saw them in shops. Looking back, I think part of that could be because they would have been in the boys' section and I never really thought of it as a boys' show.

I remember asking my grandma if she could knit me toy turtles because I thought they were cute. :tsmile:

Utrommaniac
03-01-2017, 11:12 PM
23, turning 24 in June.

Too young to have enjoyed Turtlemania, and too old when the 2003 show was on. I think I recall the toy commercials just a little bit on Kids WB, but not much else besides that.

I frequently say I recall the tail end of the Next Mutation movie when one of them stumbled upon an ordinary turtle in the park, seeing it in a VMD of all places.

Prowler
03-02-2017, 12:08 PM
23, turning 24 in June.

Too young to have enjoyed Turtlemania, and too old when the 2003 show was on. I think I recall the toy commercials just a little bit on Kids WB, but not much else besides that.

I frequently say I recall the tail end of the Next Mutation movie when one of them stumbled upon an ordinary turtle in the park, seeing it in a VMD of all places.
I am 26 and didn't fel "too old" to enjoy 2k3 turtles at the time it came out. I was 13 the first time I saw an episode and liked it. Also, I played with toys up until 17 or so. :tgrin:

DisKosh
03-02-2017, 02:19 PM
I am 26 and didn't fel "too old" to enjoy 2k3 turtles at the time it came out. I was 13 the first time I saw an episode and liked it. Also, I played with toys up until 17 or so. :tgrin:

Sometimes I still try to play with random objects around the house because it helps me come up with ideas for my fantasy novels. :tsmile:

MsMarvelDuckie
03-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Hey I collect and play with the toys NOW at 40, as a creative outlet. And I was "too old" when the OT was popular, but watched it anyway. Came into the fandom in late 6th grade in 1990(I was 12 or 13?) and stayed until the show died out. Watched it all through high school, even until TNM came out. Tried to get back in a bit when 4Kids came out but kind of missed out due to work and life getting in the way. Didnt really get to check it out until FF season. Found it weird at the time. Missed the CG movie entirely and only came back when an online writer friend suggested I revisit my old TMNT story. Now I am back to stay!

CyberCubed
03-05-2017, 07:02 PM
30 is the new 20, does that mean 40 is the new 30?

Prowler
03-05-2017, 07:10 PM
30 is the new 20, does that mean 40 is the new 30?
I don't even know what "30 is the new 20" even means. What can you do at the age of 33 nowadays that you couldn't 20 years ago?

And I remember in the 40 Year Old Virgin Paul Rudd telling Andy that "40 is the new 30" whatever that means also.

CyberCubed
03-05-2017, 07:14 PM
I don't even know what "30 is the new 20" even means. What can you do at the age of 33 nowadays that you couldn't 20 years ago?

And I remember in the 40 Year Old Virgin Paul Rudd telling Andy that "40 is the new 30" whatever that means also.

It means 30 year olds can now live their lives like 20 year olds and still have hopes and dreams for the future to change their lives or careers.

Decades ago once you turned 30 you were expected to settle into your career or lifestyle and it was "too late" to change it. Nowadays people like to think 30 isn't "old" anymore so they can still live like they want.

Today's 30 year olds party like they're in their early 20's.

Prowler
03-05-2017, 07:17 PM
It means 30 year olds can now live their lives like 20 year olds and still have hopes and dreams for the future to change their lives or careers.

Decades ago once you turned 30 you were expected to settle into your career or lifestyle and it was "too late" to change it. Nowadays people like to think 30 isn't "old" anymore so they can still live like they want.

Today's 30 year olds party like they're in their early 20's.
Oh, I see. Well depends what you mean by "back in the day". People born in the 50s were pretty much doomed to have the same job/career forever. My mother's old job ever was teaching, per example. I guess part time jobs and such for people aged 16 to 30 where not a "rule" until the 80s-90s or something.

Depends what do you mean by partying. I'm only 26 so I have no idea what people aged 33-38 are doing out there, but I'm pretty sure most people I know around my age have already outgrown their going out every Friday night to get drunk.

CyberCubed
03-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Old people in the 70's looked old as hell.

For example I watched the movie Jaws from 1975 the other day. The parents of the boy (aged around 8-10) died earlier in the movie, and the parents looked like grandparents. They looked like 60 year olds, whereas in the movie they were only intended to be around 30-40 at most. And this is from a 70's movie.

I have no idea why old people looked so "old" back then. Even in the first Rocky movie, Rocky's trainer was 69 in real life at the time the movie was made and he looked like an old man. Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone himself was 69 when Creed came out in 2015....and he looks far younger at aged 69 in 2015 than his trainer Mickey looked back in Rocky 1 in 1979 who was also 69 at that time.

Prowler
03-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Old people in the 70's looked old as hell.

For example I watched the movie Jaws from 1975 the other day. The parents of the boy (aged around 8-10) died earlier in the movie, and the parents looked like grandparents. They looked like 60 year olds, whereas in the movie they were only intended to be around 30-40 at most. And this is from a 70's movie.

I have no idea why old people looked so "old" back then. Even in the first Rocky movie, Rocky's trainer was 69 in real life at the time the movie was made and he looked like an old man. Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone himself was 69 when Creed came out in 2015....and he looks far younger at aged 69 in 2015 than his trainer Mickey looked back in Rocky 1 in 1979 who was also 69 at that time.
Well, for one thing, maybe actors and celebrities back in the 70s didn't have access to medical technology which was advanced enough to give them plastic surgery?

And let's not forget that back then, life expectancy was lower on average. Also, we still didn't know much about the dangers of tobacco and alcohol abuse like we do nowadays. Although there's still lots of smokers, and I have no idea if the people you've mentioned as examples in your post partook in that or not.

CyberCubed
03-05-2017, 07:25 PM
It's just so funny when you watch old movies from the 80's and 90's, and look at the elderly actors at the time and think about how old they are....but in real life they were only in their 50's-60's at the time.

For example James Earl Jones in Coming to America in the 80's looks the same as he does now, whereas back then he was only in his 60's. Now he is 86.

GoldMutant
03-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Compared to how I actually talk on here, I'm actually only 16 years old, I'll be 17 next month.

Prowler
03-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Compared to how I actually talk on here, I'm actually only 16 years old, I'll be 17 next month.
Oh man, I'm sorry to know that. :tlol:

In all seriousness, I dunno about yourself, but I wasn't very happy when I was 15-17. That was the height of "being a teenager sucks". If you happen to be going a crappy phase right now, then chin up because it will be over before you know it.By the time you're graduating HS you'll notice you've changed significantly in the previous 3-4 years. Also, get ready, because once yo hit 18-19 years old, time will start to fly, but ESPECIALLY after you hit 22. I'm 26 and barely remember being 22-23. And it's not just due to all the alcohol I've consumed in 2013-2014, trust me. :tlol:

...wow can't believe I've attempted to give out life advice in this thread.

shuriken
03-05-2017, 09:48 PM
27, going to be 28. Been on this board on and off since I was 15.

DisKosh
03-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Oh man, I'm sorry to know that. :tlol:

In all seriousness, I dunno about yourself, but I wasn't very happy when I was 15-17. That was the height of "being a teenager sucks". If you happen to be going a crappy phase right now, then chin up because it will be over before you know it.By the time you're graduating HS you'll notice you've changed significantly in the previous 3-4 years. Also, get ready, because once yo hit 18-19 years old, time will start to fly, but ESPECIALLY after you hit 22. I'm 26 and barely remember being 22-23. And it's not just due to all the alcohol I've consumed in 2013-2014, trust me. :tlol:

...wow can't believe I've attempted to give out life advice in this thread.

Go for it, I'm all for fandoms as a base of support and empowerment particularly for younger people. :tsmile:

Redworld96
04-22-2017, 12:50 PM
I recently turned 21 in last month, born in 1996 (which it's not a surprise if you read my nickname :lol:). I read the forum since 2014 but I didn't decide to create an account until a year later.

I always thought I was the younger around here, but it looks like 15 is the younger. We really have a diversity of ages, and that's cool

IndigoErth
04-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Ah, you're still at least A younger-ish one. Agree, I like that the age range is so broad, and good for TMNT.

38 as of today. While I no longer look forward to an increase in digit, 38 feels like a good number, and weirdly already had since last year. 37 wasn't an easy number to remember for some reason.

Prowler
04-22-2017, 01:46 PM
I recently turned 21 in last month, born in 1996 (which it's not a surprise if you read my nickname :lol:). I read the forum since 2014 but I didn't decide to create an account until a year later.

I always thought I was the younger around here, but it looks like 15 is the younger. We really have a diversity of ages, and that's cool
Enjoy your early 20s. They'll be over before you know it.

I feel like I was just turning 22 yesterday.

Ah, you're still at least A younger-ish one. Agree, I like that the age range is so broad, and good for TMNT.

38 as of today. While I no longer look forward to an increase in digit, 38 feels like a good number, and weirdly already had since last year. 37 wasn't an easy number to remember for some reason.
26 here. Meh. I found 24-25 "cooler sounding". Just like I preferred 20, 21 and 22 to 23. Silly thing but wtv.

Redeemer
04-22-2017, 08:32 PM

Happy Birthday :D

IndigoErth
04-22-2017, 09:37 PM

Lethal Lullaby
04-26-2017, 07:27 PM
20 at the current moment. Been here since late January 2012.
In 9 more days I'm hitting the 21 mark. QuQ

Netkeeper
04-26-2017, 10:33 PM
Turned 26 today. :tgrin:

DestronMirage22
04-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Turned 26 today. :tgrin:

How lucky, you were born on Alien Day!