PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 info: 2k3 turtles confirmed for second crossover, with original Voice Actors

FredWolfLeonardo
04-01-2017, 05:21 AM
April Fools!

Seriously though, I think this idea would've been great considering the second crossover is a 3 parter. What are your thoughts?

Vicky82
04-01-2017, 06:01 AM
If you want to make it a April Fools joke, make sure it's new, not the same one from last year.

Also April fools ends at 12, you were 21 mins late.

Anarchistguy
04-01-2017, 06:01 AM
Nice try lol

JH24
04-01-2017, 09:52 AM
If you want to make it a April Fools joke, make sure it's new, not the same one from last year.

Also April fools ends at 12, you were 21 mins late.

Someone doesn't really have a sense of humor. ;)

I thought it was a good one. The whole day I was on my guard and I fell for it anyway.

ProphetofGanja
04-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Y'all must be way ahead, it's still only just after noon on April Fool's Day

Vicky82
04-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Someone doesn't really have a sense of humor. ;)

I thought it was a good one. The whole day I was on my guard and I fell for it anyway.

I do have a sense of humour, Neatoman April Fools joke was the best one

I didn't fell for it because we had this joke last year from Brandon Auman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqkp3uIBxE/?taken-by=brandon_auman

I would have liked a completely new one not a old joke.

Redworld96
04-01-2017, 10:48 AM

Last year ..... and right now XDDDD https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWZfAxhdA5/

Vicky82
04-01-2017, 10:57 AM

Did he ran out of ideas or something.

ToTheNines
04-01-2017, 11:39 AM
It's funny to see all those IG commenters getting worked up. Even if they did do this, the Nick writers would just try to say Ch'rell was a Nick Utrom, or Demon Shredder was the father of Koga Takuza. Or another equally lazy attempt at half-baked world building. They'd also lampoon the sh*t out of the 4kids turtles and amplify their melodramatic side, causing much butthurt in the fandom.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 11:44 AM
I can't even imagine what the 2k3 Turtles would look like in CG.

ToTheNines
04-01-2017, 11:46 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_WBdpIHvTlI/maxresdefault.jpg

FredWolfLeonardo
04-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Fingers crossed that the 2k3 turtles Atleast make a small cameo. The crossover will be 3 episodes long, it can't be that hard to put them in.

Maybe Auman isn't completely joking Vicky lol. The upcoming crossover is 3 episodes long, he's done this "joke" twice so I'm betting we'll get a reference like a scene in turtles forever where they're showing all the turtle realities.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-01-2017, 12:48 PM
They'd also lampoon the sh*t out of the 4kids turtles and amplify their melodramatic side, causing much butthurt in the fandom.

Where have I heard something like this before? Hmmmm

ToTheNines
04-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Where have I heard something like this before? Hmmmm

I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve a little of their own medicine lol. But people tend to give Transdimensional Turtles a pass, even if it painted FW in a very negative light at times. They probably forgave it because the real VA's were there.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-01-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve a little of their own medicine lol. But people tend to give Transdimensional Turtles a pass, even if it painted FW in a very negative light at times. They probably forgave it because the real VA's were there.

As a huge FW fan who watched all the episodes, I found Transdimensional Turtles just fine. The turtles running out for pizza without wearing disguises was completely understandable, they did that all the time since they were public heroes in their world. They were even confused when the 2k12 turtles grabbed them, and the FW turtles started being serious when they realized they weren't supposed to be seen in the 2k12 world.

However in turtles forever, they ignored people screaming around them, weren't aware they were in a different dimension (even after the 2k3 turtles stared them in the face), robbed the store and then ran away from the police, all while trying to ignore the plot. The same scene played out quite differently.

I don't believe in revenge though, and if the 2k3 turtles appeared, Id not want them exaggerated at all and with the original VAs.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2k3 show technically CG animated despite being 2D? I could see the current team manage to make their world look near identical to the original show with a bit of hard work.

I feel like Brandon's "jokes" have some truth to them, even if its just gonna be a reference.

edit: I dig those 3D designs Nines posted. Remember when people said they couldn't imagine the FW designs in 3D? Same situation here, and when they show their designs, everyone's gonna be drooling in amazement.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2k3 show technically CG animated despite being 2D? I could see the current team manage to make their world look near identical to the original show with a bit of hard work.

I feel like Brandon's "jokes" have some truth to them, even if its just gonna be a reference.

All 2D cartoons are done digitally on computers these days, but it's still 2D.

IndigoErth
04-01-2017, 01:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AW3EHBF.gif

Jokes that disappoint people kind of suck (and can purposely be badly intended by some people which comes across a little malicious). Why Neatoman's was good, it plays the relief angle.

Not that I assume Brandon Auman meant it badly then or now, but... eh, it could still be a small jab.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2k3 show technically CG animated despite being 2D?
I suppose technically since "CG" would mean "computer generated" that would be the case if the series made use of computers.

Why those that use 3D animation is and should be more accurately referred to as 3D since there is a big difference between that and the creation of computer-made 2D. (Although some 3D software does have the ability to give 3D a somewhat 2D look, but may not be worth that amount of effort if regular 2D would suffice.) Though 3D is a bit more literally "generated" by it since it doesn't require creating every frame by hand; if 2D software can generate the 'in-betweens' now, that's a new one on me. (And a loss of jobs in the industry.)

ToTheNines
04-01-2017, 02:08 PM
As a huge FW fan who watched all the episodes, I found Transdimensional Turtles just fine. The turtles running out for pizza without wearing disguises was completely understandable, they did that all the time since they were public heroes in their world. They were even confused when the 2k12 turtles grabbed them, and the FW turtles started being serious when they realized they weren't supposed to be seen in the 2k12 world.

However in turtles forever, they ignored people screaming around them, weren't aware they were in a different dimension (even after the 2k3 turtles stared them in the face), robbed the store and then ran away from the police, all while trying to ignore the plot. The same scene played out quite differently.

I don't believe in revenge though, and if the 2k3 turtles appeared, Id not want them exaggerated at all and with the original VAs.

Even though Nick Raph called the FW fighting style totally lame? And Nick Leo kept telling them to shut the fu*k up with the "Turtle power!"?

I mean yeah, there was no inexplicable noogies and wet-willlies and mutant bowling balls. But it was still pretty disrespectful in other ways. Plus the FW gang saved the day in TF with their exploding throwing stars, didn't really get that big of a moment in Transdimensional.

About revenge... I'd say the damage is already done anyways. Mirage Raph called them all pussies lol.

FredWolfLeonardo
04-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Even though Nick Raph called the FW fighting style totally lame? And Nick Leo kept telling them to shut the fu*k up with the "Turtle power!"

That was the Nick turtles saying that and not a problem with the FW turtles portrayal. Even then, Raph only said that for one line and Nick Leo said Turtle Power himself by the end.

The difference here is that the jabs were at things actually in the show so it was funny and didn't feel disrespectful. FW Leo did yell turtle power all the damn time and the turtles did fight using pizzas and fire hydrants. Whereas I don't ever recall the 80s turtles ignoring screaming people on the streets and robbing pizza stores like in Turtles Forever, while giggling all the way throughout.

Since the 80s turtles were competent in the Nick crossover, they didn't need a moment like the shooting stars just to prove "we can fight too! See! We're competent!". I was quite content with the Nick and FW turtles defeating Kraang Subprime together using team-work, showed both teams are skilled and competent without bashing either.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 02:43 PM
You guys do realize the Mirage Turtles made fun of the 2k3 Turtles too, right?

ToTheNines
04-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I totally didn't say that in my last post or anything. Silly me.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 02:52 PM
Ironically enough almost every way the 80's Turtles fought in both Turtles Forever and the Nick crossover....is exactly how most of their fight scenes went in the original cartoon itself. They were just being faithful to the source material.

ToTheNines
04-01-2017, 02:54 PM
You are really bad at the word "irony", and its variations. You abuse them almost daily.

JH24
04-01-2017, 02:58 PM

Oh, I missed that last year. In that case I understand what you mean.

Neatoman's joke was a good one. Cleverly done.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 03:01 PM
You are really bad at the word "irony", and its variations. You abuse them almost daily.

Then I guess this is relevant for me:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/982/077/839.png

FredWolfLeonardo
04-02-2017, 12:09 AM
If the 2k3 turtles don't appear in the crossover at all, Brandon's joke (done twice) is going to feel like an arrow to the chest.

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 01:11 AM
If the 2k3 turtles don't appear in the crossover at all, Brandon's joke (done twice) is going to feel like an arrow to the chest.

They won't appear obviously. It is possible they could get something like a split second cameo, if they do what Turtles Forever did and show all the other universes in images/pictures floating aorund.

Leofan26
04-02-2017, 02:14 AM
I hate April Fools day on the Internet, do you know how excited I was seeing the title? Curse you! :x

I've been dying forever for this to happen, is it that hard to get the OK to get a crossover with the 4kids version? Imagine how boss it'd be seeing 4kids Leo work together with Nick Leo? UGH!

FredWolfLeonardo
04-02-2017, 02:55 AM
I hate April Fools day on the Internet, do you know how excited I was seeing the title? Curse you! :x

I've been dying forever for this to happen, is it that hard to get the OK to get a crossover with the 4kids version? Imagine how boss it'd be seeing 4kids Leo work together with Nick Leo? UGH!

I feel your pain. I want them to meet as well. As much as I love them meeting FW, 4Kids always will have a special place in my heart as it is the one I grew up watching.

neatoman
04-02-2017, 03:02 AM
So Brandon Auman lacks imagination, what a shocker. Who would have thought a man writing a TV show that pretends to have an ongoing story and character development by saying it happened off screen, when all it really does is run in circles and introduce new characters that barely come back, wouldn't be able to come up with anything new? Boy am I shocked.

Seriously though, if he really does intend to be mean spirited here, the show already acknowledges the 2003 show by having Hun and Bishop run around, so why bother ******** on something they have drawn inspiration from?

CyberCubed
04-02-2017, 03:32 AM
Why do people think they have to in the first place? They obviously can't use their voice actors, beyond maybe Donatello's, and taking the time to make CG models of them and then involving them with the 80's and Nick turtles at the same time is too much work.

I swear some of you just look for things to complain about.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-03-2017, 10:06 PM
The voice actors for the turtles and April have done voice work for shows outside 4Kids (of which as far as I know, are know longer behind TV shows). There maybe other reasons but I doubt that's one of them.