PDA

View Full Version : Character Discussion: Pigeon Pete

Glitter Wand
07-16-2017, 08:17 PM
He may not be the easiest on the eyes, but you got to love that bread-crazy birdman! Personally, I think he's sweet and absolutely hilarious! I love his klutzy flight and the cooing noises he makes. He will literally bulldoze anyone and anything to have a piece of that sourdough bread!
What are your thoughts?

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-16-2017, 09:40 PM
I think your post reads like one of the crappier bio-cards for a vintage Playmates action figure.

neatoman
07-17-2017, 03:58 AM
You know, the IDW version of this character is written to be annoying but he's somehow less annoying than this version, maybe because he's not just a running gag about bread or maybe it is because you don't have to hear his voice. Regardless of which, the bottomline is that the character is far too annoying in this show.

GoldMutant
07-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Pete really hasn't done much to stand out at all.

His design I don't care for, except the hat after he joins the Mighty Mutanimals. After that, he's just bland in all of his appearances and hasn't stood out personally. There have been better mutants introduced in this series.

As pointed out by neatoman, he's better in IDW. He's expanded on much more there by a small amount.

CyberCubed
07-17-2017, 07:36 PM
You know, the IDW version of this character is written to be annoying but he's somehow less annoying than this version, maybe because he's not just a running gag about bread or maybe it is because you don't have to hear his voice. Regardless of which, the bottomline is that the character is far too annoying in this show.

IDW's Pete is exactly the same character as the Nick version. It's probably just because as you said, he's not really in your face and is just kept to the background. He's the one IDW verse character that's about the Nick cartoon.

Glitter Wand
07-17-2017, 10:47 PM
I can see why people would be annoyed by Pete. I mean, Raph practically hated him.

Powder
07-18-2017, 01:15 AM
IDW Pete > Nick Pete

Optimus Primer
07-18-2017, 10:40 AM
IDW Pete > Nick Pete

Agreed. Never loved Nick Pete.

neatoman
07-18-2017, 11:33 AM
IDW Pete > Nick Pete

And in the next battle for popularity, having an open wound or an open wound with salt on it!

Glitter Wand
07-18-2017, 08:05 PM
To this day, we still have no inkling what happened to Pete. Either he quit the Mutanimals for an unknown reason, he was kicked off, or the reception was so negative, they simply dropped him.
The world may never know.

victory_angel
07-18-2017, 08:14 PM
To this day, we still have no inkling what happened to Pete. Either he quit the Mutanimals for an unknown reason, he was kicked off, or the reception was so negative, they simply dropped him.

The last time we see him is during Splinter's funeral service. But yeah, this character does absolutely nothing to the story. He could work as a messenger between the Mutanimals and the Turtles, same thing with Mondo Gecko. But as a fighter, he really doesn't have much to offer. And I don't think I would care if this character never gets recycled into the TMNT lore like other characters have in the past.

Glitter Wand
07-19-2017, 12:09 AM
I know this is off topic, but it could be possible for Mondo to be taught some new moves.
Anyway, I'm still kind of hoping Pete will make an appearance this season.

CyberCubed
07-19-2017, 12:12 AM

We see him attending Splinter's funeral at the beginning of this season. The reason he doesn't fight alongside the Mutanimals is for the obvious reason he's helpless, so they obviously don't want him hurt on the team.

Granted you can say the same for Mondo Gecko, but he was essentially his replacement.

PApagreg
07-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Granted you can say the same for Mondo Gecko, but he was essentially his replacement.

So they replaced a useless character with a more useless character, that makes sense.

CyberCubed
07-19-2017, 12:36 AM
So they replaced a useless character with a more useless character, that makes sense.

Mondo Gecko is a popular old school character and his voice actor is the live-action Michaelangelo from the original movie trilogy. So it makes sense why they have him here instead.

Glitter Wand
07-19-2017, 12:59 AM
I wonder what would happen if Pete tried to rejoin the Mutanimals. It probably wouldn't go too well.

neatoman
07-19-2017, 03:45 AM
Mondo Gecko is a popular old school character and his voice actor is the live-action Michaelangelo from the original movie trilogy. So it makes sense why they have him here instead.

I seriously doubt Mondo Gecko is actually popular.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-19-2017, 06:01 AM
Pigeon Pete was Michaelangelo's pet in the original cartoon.

Splinter the boss
07-19-2017, 06:22 AM
I can see why people would be annoyed by Pete. I mean, Raph practically hated him.
Raph's Not the only one who hates him

CyberCubed
07-19-2017, 12:00 PM
I seriously doubt Mondo Gecko is actually popular.

Mondo Gecko was tremendously popular in the 80's and 90's. It's one of the main reasons both IDW and Nick revived him rather quickly.

neatoman
07-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Mondo Gecko was tremendously popular in the 80's and 90's. It's one of the main reasons both IDW and Nick revived him rather quickly.

A character who only appeared twice in a TV show and was killed off in a comic because his team-book got cancelled after nine issues? Yeah, sounds like kids couldn't get enough of him...

Mondo and most other toy characters being brought back has a more likely reason, they're blank slates for writers to do whatever they want with. Someone out there will kinda remember them but not enough to care if any changes were made.

CyberCubed
07-19-2017, 12:57 PM
He was already popular because of his toy and Archie appearances, and his character lived on in fanfiction/fanart for years before his revival.

Honestly the most popular of all the Mutanimals back in the day, not counting Leatherhead who was popular individually, was always Mondo Gecko. He was more popular than Dreadmon/Jagwar, and Man Ray and Wingnut/Screwloose.

Glitter Wand
07-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Guys, we're getting off topic here. This is about Pigeon Pete.

Powder
07-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Guys, we're getting off topic here.

If you really are a new guy, you're gonna have to get used to that. :tlol:

BubblyShell22
07-19-2017, 03:39 PM
I have nothing against Pete and feel he has potential, but like others have said, there's only so much he can do. My guess is that he was kicked off the team for some reason though I do feel that if he wanted to join them again, they would take him back with some exceptions. At least we know he isn't dead.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-19-2017, 04:06 PM
He did appear at Splinter's funeral after the mysterious disappearance though. I'm guessing that Pigeon Pete probably just got jealous of Mondo Gecko joining, argued with the Mutanimals, left for a while and will eventually come back later on in season 5.

Anyways back on topic, I like Nick Pigeon Pete, I feel its unfair to judge him as a fully developed character when he's meant to be little more than a gag. For what he is, I find him enjoyable and funny.

Glitter Wand
07-19-2017, 04:12 PM
If you really are a new guy, you're gonna have to get used to that. :tlol:

Right, sorry.:)
Anyway, I'm with you on that, Bubbly. They'd probably give him minor tasks, like cleaning the laire.
Can you imagine what would happen if he went near a bakery?
Pete: (Peaks through window, smiling dreamily): So...much...bread...:D

Glitter Wand
07-24-2017, 09:05 PM
It would be very neat if they made a toy out of Pete. It'd stand about a foot tall and come with a remote control and a slice of sourdough bread. It'd have two modes: play and follow. In play mode, you can make Pete walk, peck, fly, and speak. In follow mode, he sees the loaf of bread and zooms towards it and pecks happily at it.

Powder
07-24-2017, 09:08 PM
They prototyped a Halfshell Heroes figure of him but it (among many others) never saw release. Too bad.

Glitter Wand
07-24-2017, 09:39 PM
Pete is the epitome of "looks can be deceiving."

Glitter Wand
08-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Mondo also has potential, in my opinion. Slash, Leatherhead, and Dr. Rockwell could teach him some new moves and how to utilize his natural defenses, such as his claws and teeth. As for what happened to Pete, my theory is that they were on patrol, when he spotted a bakery, and, overcome by the urge to have some bread, took off, slamming into the window and jeopardizing the patrol.

Prototype
08-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Pigeon-Pete feels like a generic Godzooky.

I like bread.. Deeerp!

Glitter Wand
08-01-2017, 08:53 PM
He'll literally bulldoze anyone in his way just to have some bread. It's hilarious.
Oh, I like your signature.

snake
08-01-2017, 09:47 PM
What the f*ck even happened to Pigeon Pete? Could the VA just not make it to the recording session? The show doesn't usually drop lines like that.

Glitter Wand
08-01-2017, 10:45 PM
That, or, as I stated previously, he probably received too much negative. Pete isn't the only one to have met the same fate. Spider Bitez, Muckman, and Timothy have disappeared. It's a shame.

Utrommaniac
08-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I'm fine without Spider Bytz...he wasn't really the most exciting of the antagonists, and not sure if he's one I would want to remodel for my own take (Snakeweed, on the other hand, has gotten an enormous lift...)

Glitter Wand
08-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Once I found out Pete was at Splinter's funeral, that led me to believe he either left the team or was kicked off. I think they did that to leave it all up to the viewers.

Glitter Wand
08-02-2017, 03:04 PM

CyberCubed
08-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Go away, Mew/Esty/Super Goku.

FredWolfLeonardo
08-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Go away, Mew/Esty/Super Goku.

I don't think he's any of them.

Glitter Wand
08-02-2017, 04:02 PM
:oUh, who are you referring to?

GoldMutant
08-02-2017, 04:35 PM
:oUh, who are you referring to?

Cube's referring to three of the drome's most infamous members, who keep returning at points.

FredWolfLeonardo
08-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Cube's referring to three of the drome's most infamous members, who keep returning at points.

The unholy Trinity, as it is known.

Glitter Wand
08-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Oh, I see.
Anyway, I don't think Pete will return, in spite of people's hopes. Plus, we'll never know what happened to the pulverizer.

Powder
08-02-2017, 05:08 PM
I don't think people are really hoping for his return. :tlol:

FredWolfLeonardo
08-02-2017, 05:14 PM
I think Pigeon Pete will appear in the second crossover since it has been confirmed that the Mighty Mutanimals will appear in it.

Glitter Wand
08-02-2017, 06:48 PM
I certainly hope so, though I'm not sure I want to watch the new incarnation. I think the mutanimals will consist of Slash, Leatherhead, Rockwell, and Mondo.

FredWolfLeonardo
08-02-2017, 06:58 PM
I certainly hope so, though I'm not sure I want to watch the new incarnation. I think the mutanimals will consist of Slash, Leatherhead, Rockwell, and Mondo.

Don't forget Mona Lisa as well, she's now a member as well.

Glitter Wand
08-02-2017, 08:10 PM
True, she'd make a grate addition. Even though we'll never know what exactly happened to Pete, that doesn't mean we can't stop coming up with ideas.

Glitter Wand
08-03-2017, 05:18 PM
I've noticed Pete isn't completely covered in feathers. Also, I love the cooing noises he makes.

Shiro Kame
08-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Pete was such a lousy character. He has a very ugly design, has wings he should NOT be able to fly with, is useless in a fight, and can be VERY annoying.

Glitter Wand
08-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Pete may not be the prettiest character to look at, but I still consider him a good character.