View Full Version : My Hero Academia

Pages : [1] 2 3

Papenbrook
09-22-2017, 10:16 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/017/282/wp1874080.png

How do you feel about it?

Powder
09-22-2017, 10:18 PM
I love it. Cool designs/characters, fun arcs, high stakes, good stuff.

Utrommaniac
09-22-2017, 10:51 PM
My boyfriend is into it and I watch a little when I'm with him. Though I binge watched the first season at his house.

Tsuyu/Froppy is his favorite character and I don't blame him in the slightest.

PApagreg
09-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Tsuyu/Froppy is his favorite character and I don't blame him in the slightest.

She is best girl after all

Papenbrook
09-23-2017, 11:33 AM
My personal favorite is Deku. He's just too cute. ❤

https://animeblurayuk.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/my-hero-academia-screen.jpg

MsMarvelDuckie
09-23-2017, 09:35 PM
Looks like a cross between Ash and Luffy.....

Redeemer
09-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Looks like a cross between Ash and Luffy.....

nah I think he looks exactly like Jake Long from American Dragon :lol:

Leofan26
09-24-2017, 02:26 PM
nah I think he looks exactly like Jake Long from American Dragon :lol:

Wo, not that you mention it....He does :lol:

I love this series, I've been reading the manga and watching the Anime. Hopefully the Anime announces a season three soon, next weeks looks boss.

Main character is my favorite character too, he's adorable yet when he gets bad ass moments there amazing :D

Redeemer
09-25-2017, 11:03 AM
Been watching the dub for a bit now, can't wait for the big upcoming fight All Might vs Deku and Konchun

DestronMirage22
09-26-2017, 01:13 AM
I’ve been watching the show for awhile and reading through the manga.
It’s fantastic!
The character designs, the story, the action, it’s all great and really well executed.
The dub is very good, and I highly recommend it (although subbed is also good).
Some of my favorite characters:
Hatsume
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/85/a8/ed/85a8ed1387414d1c41fc9ad7ac240451--my-hero-academia-anime-art.jpg
Himiko
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/bokunoheroacademia/images/1/1d/Toga_himiko_v2.png/revision/latest?cb=20170705023627
I really love their character designs and personalities. I can’t wait for Himiko to get her chance to shine whenever we get a season 3 (which we hopefully will).

Papenbrook
10-08-2017, 11:35 PM
This is now one of my favorite songs.

9aJVr5tTTWk

It's so inspirational. ✌

DestronMirage22
10-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Latest episode was really good.
The fight between All Might and Midoriya and Bakugo was handled really well.
Can’t wait for the next episode. I always liked the part in the manga where Tomura Shigaraki confronts Midoriya im the mall. Been waiting to see it animated.

Papenbrook
10-10-2017, 10:55 PM
The "My Hero Academia" anime series is receiving its third season! :D

http://thehypedgeek.com/my-hero-academias-3rd-season-is-on-the-way/

This makes me hope that Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals will be receiving its very own series.

That would make me ecstatic! ✮

Powder
10-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Ah, good to hear! I still needa finish S2, myself.

Dude, look at this-

https://twitter.com/Aicosplays/status/917802441252380672

:tlol: Hilariously good.

DestronMirage22
10-10-2017, 11:24 PM
The "My Hero Academia" anime series is receiving its third season! :D

http://thehypedgeek.com/my-hero-academias-3rd-season-is-on-the-way/

Great news!! :D

Dude, look at this-

https://twitter.com/Aicosplays/status/917802441252380672

:tlol: Hilariously good.

That’s awesome. :lol:
The “fanservice” one’s hilarious.
Makes you wonder how they did it.

PApagreg
04-07-2018, 11:10 PM
If there is one thing I dislike about MHA being a seasonal anime is that its going to be a long time for me to see best boy animated. On the upside the fight with Deku and Muscular is going to be awesome.

Papenbrook
09-13-2019, 11:06 PM
... Aaaannnddd, this show has now been cancelled (https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/02/19/my-hero-academia-drama-cd-controversy-sexual-harassment-anime/) ( ,at least for me ).

Disgusting. To think that I once respected this series - ugh!

Allio
09-13-2019, 11:17 PM
Wow...a CD audio drama that literally no one but Fujoshis will listen to.

How horrifying.:tsad:

TurtleTitan97
09-14-2019, 12:16 AM
Literally no one cares.

Redeemer
09-14-2019, 01:23 AM
So the page was taken down by "CR" and I can not find any adverse news about the series or its creator so I am assuming what ever you were/are upset about is fake news or.....or you could be just overreacting :lol: to something extremely trivial.

Papenbrook
04-16-2021, 01:15 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that this series is getting more and more bland.

I ... don't think I can enjoy it anymore.

I'm having more fun reading Jujutsu Kaisen.

superstaff
04-16-2021, 09:14 AM
... Aaaannnddd, this show has now been cancelled (https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/02/19/my-hero-academia-drama-cd-controversy-sexual-harassment-anime/) ( ,at least for me ).

Disgusting. To think that I once respected this series - ugh!

I'm sure in the MHA universe, there are people who exploit their quirks to commit acts like this.

Was this played for laughs? If so, I can see there being a problem.

But the summary provided on the page seems to imply it was taken seriously, and Izuku saves them before anything happened.

The lone comment on the article sums things up for me:

So it's ok for a villain to disintegrate people because he thinks life is a video game, or poison them with a nerve agent and shoot them, but a more realistic threat like a creep preying on minors is insane to comprehend for generation snowflake. Grow the f*** up. These kinds of things happen all the time. Especially in the catholic church. All that aside, the heroes were able to defeat the villain and save the day. What's your problem people? Isn't this how you'd want a story like this to end?

Papenbrook
08-12-2021, 10:53 PM
I wish Studio BONES would just halt the production of the My Hero Academia films.

I know it's mainly for monetary reasons, but still. It's starting to hamper the anime production.

CyberCubed
08-13-2021, 09:09 AM
I don't watch this series, but doesn't it have a creepy pervert character like Master Roshi from Dragonball Z who gropes all the female characters breasts or something?

Papenbrook
08-13-2021, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately, yes.

Why did the author feel the need to add that?

Allio
08-13-2021, 12:30 PM
Gotta have a punching bag.

CyberCubed
08-13-2021, 12:48 PM
The reason I ask is this anime seems popular with zoomers on twitter, and in today's "politically correct" society, I'm surprised today's generation would put up with female characters being gropes for comedy or treated like sex objects.

It isn't 1985 anymore.

Sumac
08-13-2021, 01:24 PM
The reason I ask is this anime seems popular with zoomers on twitter, and in today's "politically correct" society, I'm surprised today's generation would put up with female characters being gropes for comedy or treated like sex objects.

It isn't 1985 anymore.
Gladly, Japan mostly doesn't give a single **** about Western SJW / Puritans.

Papenbrook
08-13-2021, 03:30 PM
I wish Studio BONES would just halt the production of the My Hero Academia films.

I know it's mainly for monetary reasons, but still. It's starting to affect the anime production.

In related news, Shinsuke Sato will direct the live-action My Hero Academia movie. (https://deadline.com/2021/08/my-hero-academia-live-action-movie-shinsuke-sato-director-1234814520/)

At least it won't hamper the anime production.

Papenbrook
11-21-2021, 06:38 PM
I am getting more and more frustrated with the way MHA treats its female characters/heroines.

They are either sidelined, injured, or killed. Frankly, it's disheartening.

Allio
11-21-2021, 06:54 PM
Hate to tell you this, every character has been sidelined for the Deku/AFO fight.

Papenbrook
11-21-2021, 07:19 PM
I know. It's inevitable.

It's just that, on top of them being groped/sexualized/objectified, the female characters don't even get a chance to shine.

It's saddening. The women/girls of MHA are being neglected.

Allio
11-21-2021, 07:47 PM
You keep using Sexualized and objectified in MHA, but the worst that’s happened to was MT. Lady and that was intentionally in character.

Heck the only time the franchise has “objectified” anyone was the boys in an audio drama.

You can make an argument for POP from Vigilante, but I don’t expect you to have read that.

My Hero Academia is Vanilla as all hell. As horny as he is I bet even Cyber agrees.

Papenbrook
11-21-2021, 08:29 PM
You keep using Sexualized and objectified in MHA, but the worst that’s happened to was MT. Lady and that was intentionally in character.

Virtually every female character is sexualized/objectified, whether on screen/page or in passing.

Heck the only time the franchise has “objectified” anyone was the boys in an audio drama.

They weren't objectified; they were sexually assaulted.

You can make an argument for POP from Vigilante, but I don’t expect you to have read that.

I have read through Vigilantes.

It's even worse than the main manga.

My Hero Academia is Vanilla as all hell. As horny as he is I bet even Cyber agrees.

I don't really care that it's "vanilla", as that doesn't justify/excuse its treatment of women/girls.

It's horrible.

Coola Yagami
11-22-2021, 12:15 AM
OMG.... just grow up. Maybe anime/manga just isn't for you? Stick to the American stuff that censors and tip-toes around such thing then.

People complain about gate-keeping but it's there for a reason. To keep the damn normies out that just 'don't get it' or can't handle it.

I'm not saying sexualizing the female characters is right or wrong, I'm just saying, it's Japan, and unlike most of the crazy SJW weirdos out there, no, us American fans have absolutely NO say and NO right to tell Japan how to make their shows.

These shows are made for a Japanese audience first and foremost, the fact they can also be popular in America and other countries is a happy (and very lucrative) side effect, but the main audience is always gonna be Japan and they love their lewd humor and stuff. If you can't deal, choose another hobby. Maybe Star Wars is more your deal.

Sumac
11-22-2021, 04:38 AM
Virtually every female character is sexualized/objectified, whether on screen/page or in passing.
Just watch Western stuff, if you can't stomach sexy things.

Also, imagine, writers don't care about your opinion, because, they are aiming at different, much saner audience.

On that note, I am starting to thing that gatekeeping is actually a good thing, since at every instance, when "gates were breached" the franchise in question turned into pile of **** or close getting to it.

Coola Yagami
11-22-2021, 07:40 AM
Exactly. It's basically

Show is good but niche or underground
Stupid Normies discover it and they love it
It becomes super popular and mainstream
Despite the fact normies first liked it 'as is', they still wish to change it to suit their stupid needs
Mainstream changes it and ****s it up, ironically try to gatekeep the original fans out of it despite it being their show to begin with
Show is now shadow of its former self, either no one likes it anymore or the fans wished it was like before, normies bash the fans and calls them losers, nerds, incels, etc
Normies move on to next underground hit

Sumac
11-22-2021, 07:50 AM
It is not that bad when it comes to relatively mainstream stuff, like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, but when it comes to niche stuff, like boardgames, anime or video games, those "gatebreakers" are like locusts - they come in, **** all over the place, kick out people who make those things popular in the first place and then move on onto the next thing.

Twice as funny that those shitpies, cover the fact that they turn franchise into crap, by saying that they "made it more accessible" and "more modern"...yeah, sure, except original version was already pretty accessible to everyone who wanted to get in. Key word: "wanted".

There is a reason why those works where niche - not, because, there were bunch of evil "white males" keeping everyone out, but, because, very few people wanted to access them in the first place. So, those "gatebreakers" create problem that doesn't exist and bring ruin to the stuff at the same time.

Ironic that SJW trash constantly cries, that: "we are here not to take away your games", except Western media tells a different thing: what with Ghostbastards 2016, Feminist's Angels, Terminator: Dark Flop and some video games.

Its like mandatory quotas in companies to add more "diversity" - they don't work, because, those who really wanted to get in the companies already got there by receiving good education or having connections with right people.

Coola Yagami
11-22-2021, 11:29 AM
I feel the problem with most normies is they feel that weird need to fit in and hop on whatever is popular as if their life depends on it. That's why you have all these shows like Game of Thrones and whatever else, I think now the current flavor is Squid Game where its like 'omg you just have to watch it, WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEVER WATCHED SQUID GAME???' and all that nonsense.

The problem is, sometimes the thing in question is still niche, despite it being mainstream, so these people can't get into the show but since they insist they HAVE to like it cause it's mainstream (what do you mean you never seen My Hero Academia???? PLUS ULTRA AMIRITE???) they now want to dumb it down, woke it up, **** it up to fit their current SJW narrative of the day and other crap.

The irony is first they complain when the actual fans want to gatekeep, then they take over the series and want to gatekeep their woke version while at the same time telling the fans that made it big enough so it would become mainstream in the first place that the series is 'not for you'.

**** that nonsense. Here's hoping anime never gets woke unless it's a parody to make fun of the woke normie idiots.

Sumac
11-22-2021, 01:22 PM
I am fairly sure that Japan-only shows won't get woke, partially, because, of Japanese culture, partially, because, of their national pride. Not so sure about shows that would be made with international audience in mind, but its telling that a lot of creators in Japan itself are pushing against SJW crap.

So, if anything SJW would be able to massacre dubs, but that's why subs exist.

Coola Yagami
11-22-2021, 02:20 PM
I am fairly sure that Japan-only shows won't get woke, partially, because, of Japanese culture, partially, because, of their national pride. Not so sure about shows that would be made with international audience in mind, but its telling that a lot of creators in Japan itself are pushing against SJW crap.

So, if anything SJW would be able to massacre dubs, but that's why subs exist.

I don't even think it's that. They're just doing what they're doing. I've seen posts on Twitter from Mangaka literally confused as to what us stupid Americans are squawking about.

They have a story, an idea, what if s guy can sprout chainsaws from his arms, what if a guy has an alien fused to his hand, what if girls discover they have magic powers, etc and just run with it. They don't care about forced diversity or other woke ******** unless it naturally comes to mind in the story.

Ironically anime has messages too. Messages that oppose the left. Work hard, earn your reward, value friendship, all of this falls against the left that feels entitled to everything cause POC and are willing to drop their friends at the drop of the bat cause someone voted from for the wrong guy.

Bahamut810
11-22-2021, 05:07 PM
Stop cultural imperial imperialism...let PoC make their own stories!

Papenbrook
11-26-2021, 03:07 PM
On another note, I feel that Izuku has gotten less ... fresh-faced, as time went on.

He became less like Steven Universe, and became more of a generic, good-looking anime boy.

I don't like it one bit.

Coola Yagami
11-26-2021, 03:15 PM
On another not, I feel that Izuku has gotten less ... fresh-faced, as time went on.

He became less like Steven Universe, and became more of a generic, good-looking anime boy.

I don't like it one bit.

I guess? Midoriya was never chubby or anything? Maybe the art style got more defined, but he always looked like generic good-looking hero character.... especially when he's not crying and whatnot.

Papenbrook
11-26-2021, 03:23 PM
I know.

It just feels like the overall stylization/aesthetic of his character design became ... superficial. It feels like Horikoshi wants to market him as a well-defined boy toy. Even when he already has characters who serve that purpose ...

He no longer feels like a relatable cinnamon roll. It's disappointing.

Allio
11-26-2021, 04:42 PM
You should probably just watch Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kin. Probably more up your alley.

Prowler
11-26-2021, 04:56 PM
I Enjoyed the first 2 seasons of MHA a lot. But seasons 3, 4 and 5 have pretty much been more of the same and it feels like not much has changed.

The series has an interesting concept, but the author doesn't seem to explore it well enough and doesn't seem to be good at doing world building. It's basically just Heros and UA Students fighting against the League of Villains over and over again. The formula doesn't change and the series doesn't take any risks to break the status quo.

It's still entertaining enough, but it's not a great series by any means. Not every major shounen series can be One Piece and not every shounen mangaka can be Oda, I guess.

Papenbrook
11-29-2021, 01:01 AM
Based on the signals present, it feels like the author definitely desires an ending for this series. I don't begrudge his decision. In fact, I am glad that he ceasing work on this franchise.

Imagine working day in and day out, with planning, storyboarding, sketching, drawing, inking, writing, and coloring - that's time-consuming. So, you do all of that on a step-by-step basis, while finishing with the last step. Seemingly, you're noticing that you're having time to spare. Then, you're coming to the realization that you have get going on the next chapter assignment. You're not even getting a chance at checking/correcting your mistates; you better be filling out those manga panels.

Crunching in a small office/apartment is just not the way to live. It's just not worth the physical, emotional, and mental toll it takes on the human body, nor is it worth the time that would/will certainly become irreplaceable.

My heart aches heavily for him and his colleagues. I genuinely hope that they're able to recuperate after this experience.

Sumac
11-29-2021, 03:59 AM
Yeah, poor author...making millions from his work...what a poor guy, my heart bleeds for him and his piles of money...damn, I wish I was poor like that!

Coola Yagami
11-29-2021, 12:50 PM
Yeah, poor author...making millions from his work...what a poor guy, my heart bleeds for him and his piles of money...damn, I wish I was poor like that!

What good is wealth when you're practically working yourself to the bone with no time to actually enjoy it? Sure, he might have a hell of a retirement saved, but most of us enjoy spending money while we're still young.

Papenbrook
11-29-2021, 01:12 PM
Manga authors don't even get paid that much.

The money mostly goes to the top executives and production committees.

Sumac
11-29-2021, 01:29 PM
What good is wealth when you're practically working yourself to the bone with no time to actually enjoy it? Sure, he might have a hell of a retirement saved, but most of us enjoy spending money while we're still young.
He can stop at any time.
Knowing insane work-ethic of Asians it is unlikely, but still.

Papenbrook
12-01-2021, 02:03 AM
For sure, the author can take a(n) definite ( ,or even indefinite ) intermission.

Over time, however, the total viewership and monetary value would decrease as a result. The rate of manga volumes/chapters would slowly deplenish. The higher-ups would be displeased with the ongoing development, and would then force the author to continue work.

That's why I hope he will be able to finish his manga definitively. He shouldn't be pressured to work on something that he's increasingly become weary towards.

Papenbrook
12-13-2021, 05:01 AM
So, I had just waded through Chapter #337 of My Hero Academia.

It mostly sucked. The author had suddenly introduced an important plotline, and then quickly concluded the same plotline. Why make it pointlessly short and inelaborate?

Also, the last page made me laugh ... again.

I can't comprehend it. It just doesn't make sense.

Bahamut810
12-19-2021, 08:17 AM
The series is planned to end in about a year. Im glad that they are actually going through with ending it!

My Hero Academia Manga Series Will End In 1 Year (https://animesenpai.net/my-hero-academia-manga-series-will-end-in-1-year/?fbclid=IwAR2zzoDOzk1zIwVj7OmbLAKB-464-iAK_lGH_ZQoXP5njgjPCjTaUpM9eM8)

Papenbrook
12-19-2021, 01:04 PM
That's actually an estimate of the time frame. It may take until early 2023 to finish it all.

But still, that's good.

On a related note, a fan-favorite will play a significant role within the final act. (https://mobile.twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1472453282878869505)

Also, I just read Chapter 338. It's a tonal dissonance that meshes tired, sexist objectification with an underdeveloped, undignified story/character arc. Just, what a way for a chapter to go.

I'm only reading the manga on a sunk cost fallacy. Otherwise, this manga ...

neatoman
12-19-2021, 02:34 PM
Just like how Dragon Ball ended in 1988... Wait...

Allio
12-19-2021, 04:00 PM
Truly the boku no hero academia zetto shippuden was the best arc of the franchise.

Bahamut810
12-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Also, I just read Chapter 338. It's a tonal dissonance that meshes tired, sexist objectification with an underdeveloped, undignified story/character arc. Just, what a way for a chapter to go.

Im not sure how I feel about the story right now...its in a home stretch and is going fast. However, a little bit of fan service never hurt no one.

Papenbrook
12-19-2021, 05:13 PM
But still, was it really necessary?

It just felt tone deaf to the chapter at hand. Not to mention, it felt massively disturbing.

I ... just don't know why Horikoshi felt the need to insert that in.

Bahamut810
12-19-2021, 05:57 PM
But still, was it really necessary?

It just felt tone deaf to the chapter at hand. Not to mention, it felt massively disturbing.

I ... just don't know why Horikoshi felt the need to insert in ... that.

It was a call back to the first time they visited her lab and broke up the super seriousness of everything with a little bit more comedic character. I don't know why you are disturbed by cheesecake in manga.

Allio
12-19-2021, 06:26 PM
I take Papen as seriously as CC. As in not at all.

Papenbrook
12-20-2021, 07:35 AM
It was a call back to the first time they visited her lab and broke up the super seriousness of everything with a little bit more comedic character. I don't know why you are disturbed by cheesecake in manga.

He could have chosen to present the character in a respectable manner.

The fact that he chose not to do just that is ... confounding. At the very least, he could have omitted the scene altogether.

Bahamut810
12-20-2021, 10:12 AM
He could have chosen to present the character in a respectable manner.

The fact that he chose not to do just that is ... confounding. At the very least, he could have omitted the scene altogether.

He presented her in a way consistent with the history and personality of the character. Why do you think that falling back on the history of the series and trope is confounding?

Papenbrook
12-21-2021, 02:06 PM
The trope/"history" was never that endearing to begin with.

Personally, I always found those moments to be bothersome. Not to mention, they are usually time-wasters.

Bahamut810
12-21-2021, 10:11 PM
The trope/"history" was never that endearing to begin with.

Personally, I always found those moments to be bothersome. Not to mention, they are usually time-wasters.

You can argue about if the trope is endearing if you like, but the fact that its a trope and commonly used in a well beloved industry would disagree with your assessment. The target audience of that industry even heavily makes fun of people with that opinion.

Your attitudes sound like something like when christian's were trying to censor more naughty things.

Allio
12-28-2021, 09:29 PM
mQ858Fss95Y

An 18+ rap of MHA. Pretty funny.

Papenbrook
01-31-2022, 04:13 AM
Horikoshi-san should slow down the pacing of the stortyline.

I know that he wants to finish it soon. Still, it is moving way too quickly.

Allio
04-25-2022, 02:18 AM
Finally watch The third my hero academia movie. Overall… just not as good as the second film. I mean the film has some flash, but the story had potential, but I felt it butchered it.

Papenbrook
05-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Well, it looks like Horikoshi-sensei is exhausted. (https://mobile.twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1520809226951557120?s=20&t=HjZxS72pdsmslIsJn98hqA)

Personally, I don't blame him. I would be fed up too.

Also, the traitor reveal was supposed to occur in either volumes nine or ten.

It makes me wonder why he waited until the final act ...

Allio
05-26-2022, 05:07 AM
Whelp, the final chapter of. Vigilantes is coming out this week. It was fun, but nice to see it end on a pretty good note.

superstaff
05-26-2022, 05:41 AM
Whelp, the final chapter of. Vigilantes is coming out this week. It was fun, but nice to see it end on a pretty good note.

Could you tell me what happens behind a spoiler cut? Curious, but too lazy to finish reading it, and am not really sure I'll ever get around to finishing Vigilantes at this point.

Allio
05-28-2022, 09:26 PM
It’s basically been revealed that the main bad guy is ultimately the prototype to the Nomu. Koichi now works in America under the new name Skycrawler, but now KnuckleDuster is taking Koichi’s role of helping the little man.

As for the final chapter itself. Kind of typical considering they had to write off Koichi since he isn’t part of the main series.

superstaff
05-29-2022, 05:28 AM
Wow, I like that ending.

What about Pop Step? Anything on her?

Allio
05-29-2022, 08:48 AM
Since because of the wasp incident, Pop’s body is damaged to a point to where she can’t go bouncing around as she used to and she retires.

Papenbrook
05-29-2022, 07:15 PM
I know. It's inevitable.

It's just that, on top of them being groped/sexualized/objectified, the female characters don't even get a chance to shine.

It's saddening. The women/girls of MHA are being neglected.

Well, I was wrong.

Even when they get a moment to shine, the manga still manages to sexualize them.

It's a shame.

Sumac
05-29-2022, 10:53 PM
Well, I was wrong.

Even when they get a moment to shine, the manga still manages to sexualize them.

It's a shame.
Your obsession with sex is unhealthy.

superstaff
05-30-2022, 08:20 AM
Well, I was wrong.

It's a shame.

Aside from the Mineta shenanigans and some of the girls' costumes, what are other examples of females being sexualized, in your opinion?

Bahamut810
05-30-2022, 10:16 AM
Well, I was wrong.

It's a shame.

If the female form offends you, then perhaps you should look for different media to consume. Manga/anime will have cheesecake. If you don't like it...its not made for you.

Papenbrook
05-30-2022, 02:42 PM
I'm referring to the latest chapter of My Hero Academia.

When Jirou and Tokoyami save Hawks from All For One's attack, Tokoyami makes a sexist comment concerning Jirou's ... "movement".

I'm just tired of it.

Bahamut810
05-30-2022, 03:44 PM
I'm referring to the latest chapter of My Hero Academia.

When Jirou and Tokoyami save Hawks from All For One's attack, Tokoyami makes a sexist comment concerning Jirou's ... "movement".

I'm just tired of it.

In my translation that I read it was *at worst* a little passing naughty-ness that amounted to him saying stop squirming. I don't know how it was worded in the original context. If you keep crying sexism wolf, I will not believe you if you call something sexist.

HOWEVER, I stand behind my statement. If you don't like it, or you cant stand it anymore...maybe its not for you and your western colonialist sensibilities.

superstaff
05-30-2022, 04:07 PM
In my translation that I read it was *at worst* a little passing naughty-ness that amounted to him saying stop squirming. I don't know how it was worded in the original context. If you keep crying sexism wolf, I will not believe you if you call something sexist.

HOWEVER, I stand behind my statement. If you don't like it, or you cant stand it anymore...maybe its not for you and your western colonialist sensibilities.

Come on, man, there's more civil ways of telling someone something might not be their cup of tea without resorting to insults.

Anyway, Papenbrook, I haven't read the recent chapters so I don't know what scene you're discussing here. But if it's anything like past MHA chapters then I...don't really see the intent as anything more than a slightly raunchy joke about Tokoyami feeling embarrassed by Jirou being too close (aka "yikes this girl being this close to me is giving me a boner" :lol:).

I think a lot of it boils down to the differences between Japanese and western humor. It's a little difficult to explain but in a lot of these jokes, we're supposed to laugh at the male in question, not the girls. I don't think the intent is to say that female characters are somehow inferior to the males, quite the opposite. The boys are the ones who are the butt of the joke. An example is those jokes where a male character accidentally walks in on a female character bathing, and gets a nosebleed as a result (and often pelted by stuff by said female in retribution).

For me, I...have mixed feelings on these sort of jokes. Sometimes they are very dumb, and I kind of roll my eyes at how juvenile it feels. Sometimes they can be funny. It depends on the context, the characters used, etc.

I think in MHA, this sort of humor is a lot more tame than other manga, believe it or not. Even Mineta's stuff (which I tend to not find very funny because it's a very one note running gag that I get annoyed with like Brock in Pokemon, for example) is not as perverted as in other manga/anime.

For me, the issue I have with MHA is that I felt like a lot of Class 1-A girls didn't get as much prominence as I'd have liked, particularly Ochako. But then again, I feel this way about some of the males as well. MHA gets pretty sloppy midway through, if you ask me. I don't hate it, mind you. It's just going to end up being filed under 'disappointment' for me. The traitor plot, from what I've seen/heard, was a huuuuge missed opportunity, and just...not well baked at all. I understand that there are circumstances as to why MHA ended up the way it did. Still, I can't help but feel critical about how it all panned out.

Coola Yagami
05-30-2022, 04:09 PM

Isn't Tokoyami (the bird guy) the serious type? He doesn't seem the type to be leering over her. What exactly was said?

Sumac
05-30-2022, 07:42 PM
I'm just tired of it.
Then don't look at it.

Leo656
05-30-2022, 07:47 PM
I have no idea what "My Hero Academia" is and don't care.

I'm only here to remind anyone who didn't already know that PapenKraken is the 'Drome's resident professional "Offended By Everything, All The Time" person. That's their one and only function.

They're either putting on an act (I refuse to believe anyone is as hyper-sensitive as they put forth) or their skin is on inside out.

In other words... "Saxon = Joke Account". Keep that in mind when replying to them, regardless of topic. You'll save a lot of rationalizing/typing.

superstaff
05-30-2022, 08:08 PM
I'm only here to remind anyone who didn't already know that PapenKraken is the 'Drome's resident professional "Offended By Everything, All The Time" person. That's their one and only function.

They're either putting on an act (I refuse to believe anyone is as hyper-sensitive as they put forth) or their skin is on inside out.

In other words... "Saxon = Joke Account". Keep that in mind when replying to them, regardless of topic. You'll save a lot of rationalizing/typing.

I'm guessing this is directed at me, isn't it? :lol:

It's okay, I can handle myself. :tgrin:

Leo656
05-30-2022, 08:10 PM
Nah, just in general. Kraken being offended by a passing cloud is so old-hat by now that I'm surprised anyone bothers to reply to them.

superstaff
05-30-2022, 08:14 PM
I think you mentioned not liking anime, huh, Leo?

I won't pester you to try it like other anime fans (I get it's not for everyone). If you ever feel interested, let me know. Maybe I can scrounge up some recommendations that aren't the typical Cowboy Bebop or Boku no Pico...

Leo656
05-30-2022, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't say I don't like it. I certainly appreciate it.

There's a few I like a lot. Speed Racer, Voltron... La Blue Girl. :trazz:

It's just that it's not really "my thing", I have "too many" interests as it is and thus not a ton of inclination to "go deep" into another "hobby" or area of interest. Anime fans seem incredibly dedicated and passionate, and I just don't have time.

There's a few I've always wanted to check out for a long time, though, like "Space Adventure Cobra" and "Patlabor: The Movie", due to their being prominently featured in music videos by Matthew Sweet and KMFDM, respectively. I've never gotten around to it, but hopefully one day soon.

I don't discourage recommendations of anything, I just have to make it clear that I might not get around to actually watching any of it for decades because that's just how I roll. When I say "eventually", I mean that extremely literally. :lol:

superstaff
05-30-2022, 08:29 PM
Gotcha. :)

Just stay away from Boku no Pico. Trust no one that recommends that thing, lol.

Leo656
05-30-2022, 08:38 PM
I have no idea what that is.

I think some of it has to do with Sailor Moon becoming huge in the mid/late 1990s. That was the first "big" anime thing in modern times to become an American sensation and opinions on it were pretty split; it was either the coolest or dumbest thing ever, and it just did nothing for me. I used to catch it on weekday mornings because it was either on right before or right after Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and I could never be assed to change the channel, and despite ogling the chicks I just couldn't follow it. I'm aware it was butchered in the translation but that wasn't really on my mind at the time at age 12 or 13.

I was more intrigued upon hearing that "Some of those Japanese cartoons have, like, boobs and f*cking and stuff!", because in case it's not already clear, I am, and always have been, a gigantic f*cking pervert. So I got my "anime fix" at that age from La Blue Girl and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie and never really got into it beyond that.

These are all Me Problems, I have no issue with the art form at all. "Not caring" and "Not liking" have many miles in between them. :) And I'm not beyond caring, by any means, when something happens to catch my fancy. Speed Racer, once again, is one of my favorite cartoons of allllll tiiiime, dawg. And I don't even know why! I hate cars and car racing! But I just love that stupid show so much for reasons I can't even explain.

Nothing about me makes any sense. My CD and DVD collections both look like I just robbed an FYE and got outta there with whatever I could fit in a van. Who the f*ck loves KMFDM and New Found Glory in absolute equal measure? ONLY This Asshole Right Here, I assure you. :lol:

superstaff
05-30-2022, 08:48 PM
I have no idea what that is.

I think some of it has to do with Sailor Moon becoming huge in the mid/late 1990s. That was the first "big" anime thing in modern times to become an American sensation and opinions on it were pretty split; it was either the coolest or dumbest thing ever, and it just did nothing for me. I used to catch it on weekday mornings because it was either on right before or right after Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and I could never be assed to change the channel, and despite ogling the chicks I just couldn't follow it. I'm aware it was butchered in the translation but that wasn't really on my mind at the time at age 12 or 13.

I was more intrigued upon hearing that "Some of those Japanese cartoons have, like, boobs and f*cking and stuff!", because in case it's not already clear, I am, and always have been, a gigantic f*cking pervert. So I got my "anime fix" at that age from La Blue Girl and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie and never really got into it beyond that.

Dang. Well, Sailor Moon was one of those shows that had upskirt shots every so often, even in the dub version so 12/13 year old you missed out! :lol:

A lot of my male friends have admitted that Sailor Moon was their 'spring awakening' if you catch my drift. For me, it was probably the first show that I religiously followed like some kind of novella. I liked it in the way a lot of girls liked it back then, I suppose. I didn't have my 'spring awakening' until I was much older. Actually, aside from two or three little tiny crushes as a kid, I was very much 'asexual' until I hit eleven or so, and didn't really care about how hot anybody was or anything like that. My female friends all loved Tuxedo Mask, and wanted him as their boyfriend, and I'd be like, "Okay, uh, I wanna transform into Sailor Jupiter, and fight monsters!"

Coola Yagami
05-30-2022, 08:54 PM
Is no one going to mentioned what happened in that one MHA scene the guy was talking about?

Leo656
05-30-2022, 08:56 PM
Dang. Well, Sailor Moon was one of those shows that had upskirt shots every so often, even in the dub version so 12/13 year old you missed out! :lol:

No, no, I saw and appreciated those! :lol: I just couldn't follow the plot.

I've always been kinda curious to see the "authentic" version of that series but there's been so many box sets and reissues of it that I can't tell up from down or ass from balls with it. So I wouldn't even know where to start.

Is no one going to mentioned what happened in that one MHA scene the guy was talking about?

Let me ruin things, asshole. :lol: S'what I do! :trazz:

Coola Yagami
05-30-2022, 09:04 PM
No, no, I saw and appreciated those! :lol: I just couldn't follow the plot.

I've always been kinda curious to see the "authentic" version of that series but there's been so many box sets and reissues of it that I can't tell up from down or ass from balls with it. So I wouldn't even know where to start.

Kinda has a sorta repetitive plot but still so good.

Once they introduce all the characters, they usually have set of 4 or 5 bad guys all serving one true demonic bad guy. Each bad guy has several monster-of-the-week schemes not too unlike Power Rangers. Like, there's a big event happening, let's fashion our evil plan around that, or there's a new fad, let's use that in our plan, etc. Eventually the bad guys get taken out one by one (after one is down, the next one does the monster of the week stuff until they got down).

Eventually we get lore hints and clues on the big bad guy and whatever else. Then they end the season facing the big bad guy that usually has some sort of 'end of all reality' type plan.

Rinse and repeat for the next seasons, give or take adding more Sailor Soldiers.

superstaff
05-31-2022, 05:56 AM
Kinda has a sorta repetitive plot but still so good.

Once they introduce all the characters, they usually have set of 4 or 5 bad guys all serving one true demonic bad guy. Each bad guy has several monster-of-the-week schemes not too unlike Power Rangers. Like, there's a big event happening, let's fashion our evil plan around that, or there's a new fad, let's use that in our plan, etc. Eventually the bad guys get taken out one by one (after one is down, the next one does the monster of the week stuff until they got down).

Eventually we get lore hints and clues on the big bad guy and whatever else. Then they end the season facing the big bad guy that usually has some sort of 'end of all reality' type plan.

Rinse and repeat for the next seasons, give or take adding more Sailor Soldiers.

The repetitiveness (particularly after the first season) is Sailor Moon's biggest flaw. I wish we could get something similar to the manga's structure that's less "Monster of the Week". ...And not Sailor Moon Crystal because that was poorly written drivel.

Coola Yagami
05-31-2022, 08:44 AM
The repetitiveness (particularly after the first season) is Sailor Moon's biggest flaw. I wish we could get something similar to the manga's structure that's less "Monster of the Week". ...And not Sailor Moon Crystal because that was poorly written drivel.

I thought Crystal was closer to the manga, or did it deviate?

I heard Crystal focuses more on Usagi and everyone is more focused on the mission, pretty much without the monster of the week eps, you miss out on all the personality quirks from the rest of the crew.

superstaff
05-31-2022, 08:55 AM
I thought Crystal was closer to the manga, or did it deviate?

I heard Crystal focuses more on Usagi and everyone is more focused on the mission, pretty much without the monster of the week eps, you miss out on all the personality quirks from the rest of the crew.

Just because it's closer to the manga doesn't make it better. It sucked.

Bahamut810
05-31-2022, 10:24 AM
Come on, man, there's more civil ways of telling someone something might not be their cup of tea without resorting to insults.

I could have insulted him, but I didn't. I just pointed out that it seems like a staple in Anime and Manga is not to his taste and he might want to pass it by.

Isn't Tokoyami (the bird guy) the serious type? He doesn't seem the type to be leering over her. What exactly was said?

He is a teenager who is one of those edgy guy steriotypes who "revels in darkness". He just wants to looks super serious.

Just stay away from Boku no Pico. Trust no one that recommends that thing, lol.

Knowing of this makes you a true weeb. You are awesome.

So...

Huge end game combat is going on. During the fight Takoyami (bird boy) and Jiro (sound girl) fly in to smack big bad guy with massive sound waves. Bird Boy tells Jiro to (in my translation) "Stop moving your butt so much! I cant focus" then she tells him to shut up. The next page gives her the final word as she has a witty retort to the main villian.

superstaff
05-31-2022, 10:32 AM
I could have insulted him, but I didn't. I just pointed out that it seems like a staple in Anime and Manga is not to his taste and he might want to pass it by.

It's the 'western colonialist sensibilities' part that felt like an insult.

Knowing of this makes you a true weeb. You are awesome.

:lol: Oh, noes, I've been exposed!

So...

Huge end game combat is going on. During the fight Takoyami (bird boy) and Jiro (sound girl) fly in to smack big bad guy with massive sound waves. Bird Boy tells Jiro to (in my translation) "Stop moving your butt so much! I cant focus" then she tells him to shut up. The next page gives her the final word as she has a witty retort to the main villian.

Yeah, it's what I told Papenbrook in my other comment. He was embarrassed that he was close to a girl, and it was turning him on. Don't worry, Tokoyami, just have a textbook on you next time you team up with Jirou.

Bahamut810
05-31-2022, 11:00 AM
It's the 'western colonialist sensibilities' part that felt like an insult.

It was more pointing out a hypocrisy for people who commonly have his view point. He is essentially saying that a POC culture is inferior to ours because they hold a view that his western sensibilities find distasteful and wants it to change to his western taste.

superstaff
05-31-2022, 11:12 AM
It was more pointing out a hypocrisy for people who commonly have his view point. He is essentially saying that a POC culture is inferior to ours because they hold a view that his western sensibilities find distasteful and wants it to change to his western taste.

I mean.

There's Japanese people who don't like fanservice too so it's not strictly a 'western sensibilities' thing. It all ends up being more about tastes and what one can tolerate in their fiction, at the end of the day. I don't find all anime gags to be funny either, personally, and it's not due to hating Japanese culture, it's more that I find certain jokes repetitive and/or unfunny.

Papenbrook apparently has a reputation of disliking...a lot of things relating to fanservice and other 'controversial' material apparently. At the end of the day, she (profile says the user is female) can either drop the manga if it's that offensive, or...put up with disagreements about it on here.

Coola Yagami
05-31-2022, 12:23 PM
So...

That's hilarious, lmao. Though why was she shaking her butt mid-battle or whatever? Did she take a twerk break?

Bahamut810
05-31-2022, 04:49 PM
Papenbrook apparently has a reputation of disliking...a lot of things relating to fanservice and other 'controversial' material apparently. At the end of the day, she (profile says the user is female) can either drop the manga if it's that offensive, or...put up with disagreements about it on here.

Yeah. Normally I might let it go when people say XYZ is sexist just because a little skin is shown or a naughty joke is told...but Papen is tiresome and going on about a pretty 'progressive' manga/anime. For its naughtyness, it gives cheesecake of guys and even has 2 Trans characters.

superstaff
05-31-2022, 05:57 PM
For its naughtyness, it gives cheesecake of guys and even has 2 Trans characters.

Yeah, that's something else I point out in my initial reply to her. MHA is actually pretty tame overall. It doesn't have annoying "dude falls into girl's t*ts" type ecchi or anything like that. It's mostly Mineta stuff (which is annoying 95% of the time because it's so repetitive), the boys being embarrassed about being too close to the girls, the sexy costumes (I don't have any problems with the girls showing skin, the manga itself even addresses this), and the one scene in the bathhouse that has the girls bathing (and tbh, it shows the boys too, and there's an extended scene of Izuku in only a towel as he speaks to Mandalay). I wish it did more for the female leads because while they have their moments, they don't really contribute too much to the overall story either. This applies to some of the guys as well, too, really.

When I see people claim Horikoshi is bigoted, I...do a doubletake, honestly. For a Japanese man, he is very progressive. Having trans characters that aren't a joke (tbh, I don't like many of the jokey trans characters in anime because they are there to be exhibited as 'freaks' rather than be taken seriously, and some of them tend to be 'man crazy' and basically force themselves on the male characters as a FuNnY) is actually pretty innovative in a country as reserved as Japan. Magne and Tiger are actually treated very well, in my book. I see some people say Japan is a LGBT+ paradise, but.............no. Japan's take on homosexuality and the like is...complicated, but no, they have their own breed of homophobia (and racism and xenophobia, to boot).

Autbot_Benz
06-19-2022, 10:38 AM
Season 6 Trailer

mezyq2OX6TM

Bahamut810
06-19-2022, 02:12 PM
Rumi in all her BUNNY GLORY!

Papenbrook
07-06-2022, 08:59 PM
There's going to be an eighth ( and, likely final ) popularity poll. (https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1544594003618050053)

I wonder who'll make it ...

Papenbrook
08-07-2022, 07:51 PM
So, the latest chapter of My Hero Academia has ...

... a major character death ...

Bahamut810
08-10-2022, 10:23 AM
So, the latest chapter of My Hero Academia has ...

... a major character death ...

Potentially. Even though the author is not really shying away from maiming all characters and killing off secondary characters...its a shonen manga.

Autbot_Benz
09-04-2022, 10:50 AM
WxCJMYbGtzA

October 1st in Japan and on Crunchyroll

Papenbrook
10-04-2022, 04:18 AM
I just checked out the latest chapter of My Hero Academia, and wow ...

That cover ...

With a sixteen year-old, no less ...

It's disgusting. I hope that Horikoshi looks back on it with disdain.

Oh, I guess this applies here, too. Quite literally, in this case ...

Well, I was wrong.

It's a shame.

CyberCubed
10-04-2022, 05:32 AM
Nobody really minds from what I can tell. I saw that discussed on twitter and reddit and nobody cares.

Papenbrook
10-04-2022, 07:35 AM
That cover was widely condemned.

A majority of people care about its implications.

Sumac
10-06-2022, 12:14 PM
That cover was widely condemned.

A majority of people care about its implications.
Widely condemned by voices in your head?

Papenbrook
10-06-2022, 12:27 PM
It was widely condemned by actual women and girls.

Personally, I share their sentiment; that cover is indefensible.

Allio
10-06-2022, 02:23 PM
Oh no, Papen is complaining about something that literally means nothing.

Anyways…

Cowabung-Gal
10-06-2022, 02:32 PM

Personally, I share their sentiment; that cover is indefensible.

“Actual women and girls”? Define “Actual”.

I’m an actual woman and I say, “Honey, you ain’t seen nothing yet if you think that’s too vulgar and disgusting.”

Sumac
10-06-2022, 08:45 PM
Not fat dickhead slobs pretending to be "actual women and girls", like usual?
Also, where are those "offended"?

And, in general, if this is the biggest problem in your life and offend you, you have it VERY VERY good.

Papenbrook
10-06-2022, 10:03 PM
I had just scoured websites like Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, etc. ...

On various websites, people ( especially those who happen to identify as women/girls ) found that cover to be particularly distasteful.

Regardless of my lifestyle, I can express my disdain towards that cover.

Please, don't try to defend it.

Cowabung-Gal
10-06-2022, 11:39 PM

None of which represent the real world. You want to know how normal people really feel about such things? Just go to your local Wal-Mart and do a survey or something.

Of course you can. It’s a free country.

Sumac
10-07-2022, 03:53 PM

On various websites, people ( especially those who happen to identify as women/girls ) found that cover to be particularly distasteful.
Because, opinion of random nobodies from Twatter, especially pedogroomers who "identify themselves as women", worth a lot.
Good joke.

Please, don't try to defend it.
I will do whatever I want to do. You and the likes of you have no power over me and never will.

Leo656
10-07-2022, 05:15 PM
I Googled to see what all the fuss is about.

Looks pretty hot, drawings don't have ages. Nyah Nyah.

CyberCubed
10-07-2022, 06:16 PM
The girl has invisible powers but doesn't wear clothes (and she had been around for awhile), and it was just revealed now that she became visible that she wasn't wearing anything because her skin is see-through.

Coola Yagami
10-07-2022, 07:06 PM
I wonder how that happened? I thought her issue was she didn't know how to 'turn off' being invisible.

Papenbrook
10-08-2022, 06:10 PM
It doesn't matter.

Women/Girls get objectified and sexualized every single day.

That cover is disgusting, and I think it sucks.

Sumac
10-08-2022, 08:01 PM
It doesn't matter.
Pathetic. :P

Papenbrook
10-08-2022, 10:33 PM
I'm pathetic for ... condemning a sexualized cover of a minor?

Really?

Leo656
10-09-2022, 12:15 AM
Women/Girls get objectified and sexualized every single day.

And most people think that's Perfectly Fine.

You know who complains? Fat chicks, ugly chicks, and chicks who can't get laid otherwise. Nobody else. And the world doesn't stop for fat, ugly people.

It's even worse because in real life tons of women WILLINGLY go out and "sexualize" THEMSELVES, whether it be a bikini photo shoot or a nude pictorial or a sex scene in a movie, and they're ALL ABOUT IT when they take the check, they talk about how "empowering" it is... and then ten years later they repent. "I was so misguided, so naive! I had no idea how harmful it was to take my tits out, when it allowed me to buy a Mercedes! I DIDN'T KNOW, YOU GUYS!" Like, spare me.

In those cases, there's only two reasons for the flip, both horrible. Either 1. "I had no problem with it until I was 'educated' and now I realize it's wrong", which basically is just conceding to being an idiot and believing whatever the last person you talked to said. OR, they jump on the #metoo bandwagon and swear that every single one of those things was done under threats and coercion, which definitely does happen sometimes but not ALL the time.

Let's look at that dumbass Natalie Portman as an example, since she's been on this kick lately as well, and it's somewhat to the topic as she started acting very young and you're whining about teen girls being "sexualized". Her entire career only STARTED because she did like a half-dozen "Lolita Movies" in a row, everything from "The Professional" to "Beautiful Girls" and pretty much anything she did before Star Wars was made, sold, and marketed based on "Hey, guys... you wanna come see this 14-year old kid in her bra?" The entire plot - or at least subplot - of every movie she was in pre-Ep. I was "Middle aged guy wants to f*ck a child, feels bad about it". That was Natalie Portman's ENTIRE career, and she was the one out there fighting for the jobs, telling her parents she HAD to do "The Professional" even when they were like, "Hmmm... I don't know, honey, this seems too adult." Lest we forget, that movie's script originally had a sex scene with her (very underage) character before it got scrapped, and I do believe it was still in the script she herself read when she begged to do the movie.

Fast forward to Now, she's like "Yeah, I was manipulated by these Men, I had no idea what I was doing!" Which would be great if there weren't dozens and dozens of interviews where she and her family discussed how she fought for every one of those "sexualized" roles even when people discouraged her, how in her mind it was "Just acting" and how "I should be allowed to push boundaries even though I'm young." Her words, her own mouth. Back Then, of course. NOW she's a victim, though. Sorry, I don't buy it. She knew she'd get famous for being "jailbait" and she rode it to the hilt.

Chloe Moretz is another one, she begged to be in Kick-Ass because she'd get to say "C*nt" and she knew how provocative that was, and then her next 5 or 6 movies after that were all her in her underwear. She didn't start putting her clothes on for movie roles until AFTER she was 18, before that she was strutting around like a tramp in almost everything she did. And again, SHE picked her own roles for the most part, and she always went on and on about how her parents and her brother were so hands-on, she never did anything without their say-so. And again, fast-forward 10 years and NOW she was "misled", "brainwashed", "victimized", and all that happy horse sh*t. Again, does not work when YOU pick your own roles you dummy.

And these chicks wonder why nobody believes them when they turn around and claim it was all a big con and they weren't in on it. Bullsh*t! Watch "The Professional" again, knowing that Portman fought hard for that role, and tell me you believe her "I had no idea it was a Lolita movie!" sh*t. Watch Moretz strutting around in her underpants in "Hick" and tell me that she had NO F*CKING IDEA what was going on, knowing for a fact that she had a big conference with her whole family about it and they collectively decided "Yeah, no, this is good, this is awesome, do this."

So yeah, women "sexualize" themselves as long as it pays the bills, and they do it willingly, even when they're underage, and don't pretend they don't. So spare me the righteous indignation. They know what they're doing and they know Why.

But as far as a f*cking drawing is concerned, that's even dumber to get upset about, because drawings don't have "ages". It's literally lines on paper, regardless of what it "represents". The fact that you're having a fit because a fictional character was drawn suggestively is just plain baffling. The character can't take offense, or feel pain, or shame, or any of that. You're becoming preemptively offended on behalf of a sketch. That could be funny in one context, but since you're taking it so very seriously, it's just tragic.

Alan Moore's "Lost Girls" makes some excellent points about this very topic, but I know you couldn't get past two pages of that. :trazz: Which is a shame, because that book makes the whole "only crazy people get outraged and offended on behalf of fictional characters" point much better than I ever could. Along with the "Only people who don't get any sex at all care a lot about what gets other people off" point.

It's a drawing. Don't like it? Don't look at it. Should be simple enough.

Sumac
10-09-2022, 02:03 AM
I'm pathetic for ... condemning a sexualized cover of a minor?

Really?
Yes. It is a ****ing drawing.

It does not have age, character or agency of any kind.
If it triggers you, get some help.

If you think some other people will get hard on looking at it, well, its a problem of those people. They will need to get some help. And it is not your problem in any way.

Coola Yagami
10-09-2022, 11:56 AM
To be fair, the book is pretty much targeting people that are that character's age anyway. Shonen manga is for kids and teens in Japan, the fact it also makes it big in America is irrelevant. Japan is and will always be the key fanbase. That's why I barely pay any of the Twitter outrage crap any mind when it comes to manga. Japan doesn't care, and the few mangaka that actually do take the time to read whatever that there upside country of woke America is up to, they're left scratching their heads and wondering if the ones complaining are smoking twice the bowls that Rikki Roxx does on the weekends.

One of the biggest differences between American and Japanese teen characters in media is that Japan isn't afraid to show what teens really are. Living bags of hormones. That's why high school anime usually have at least one or two pervert character or even the 'mostly chaste' main character gets shy, embarrassed or flustered whenever a woman either makes a pass at them or looks like they're making a pass at them and so forth. I'm assuming it helps with some sort of relatability with the common Japanese teen, especially with how study and work centered their culture is over there.

I kinda feel a lot of the sexual stuff is so rampant in Japanese media because the actual culture over there is very 'chaste'. I'm sure it's not like that for EVERYONE, but for many it sounds like it's pretty much study, study, study and then work, work, work until you die. And I don't mean like here where you work 2 jobs but still find time for the club and hook up culture and whatnot. Hell, for most mangaka, it literally is 'draw manga til you die'.

Like even in the anime you kinda see it. Unlike American cartoons that sometimes being up the importance of getting good grades and getting a good future and whatnot, in high school animes it's brought up a lot more and treated as more 'life and death'. Even Light Yagami put emphasis on his studies alongside killing people.

Prowler
10-12-2022, 08:19 PM
Why did I just know that people would be discussing Invisible Girl as soon as I saw this thread on the first page of this section again? :lol:

Anyway, this is a very old debate among the series fandom. A lot of fans have issues with Momo Yaoyorozu's hero outfit for showing most of her chest except for her nipples. Those fans have an issue with it because said character is 16.

I don't think it's a big deal. It's a cartoon character. And she has a body that's more developed than most adult women out there. She could easily have been 19 instead of 16 and no one would find it hard to believe.

Caring too much about the arbitrary ages of
anime and video game characters is silly. Some of the Dead or Alive girls are also like 17 in the early games but do they honestly look like real life girls of that actual age? Ofc not. Just like Momo Yaoyorozu doesn't look like she's 16 either. April in the Nick toon does look like her age, though. So yeah it's all about appearance/design.

I have an issue with those who find loli characters attractive. Those clearly look like kids. They're drawings and all, but I'm suspicious of anime fans who are attracted to characters of such design type. And some of those lolis can be hundred years old even. So again, it's not about the arbitrary age of a 2d character, but its body type.

And I have no issues with those who are attracted to anthropomorphic fictional characters. If you are attracted to the Ninja Turtles, Kristal from Star Fox and Wanda and Carrot from One Piece than by all means be open about it.

Papenbrook
10-13-2022, 12:02 PM
~ Um, ... what did I just read? ~

0_o'?!

I ... can't even ...

Leo656
10-13-2022, 01:29 PM
Try reading it again very, very slowly, maybe some of it'll stick.

Coola Yagami
10-13-2022, 02:09 PM
Anyway, this is a very old debate among the series fandom. A lot of fans have issues with Momo Yaoyorozu's hero outfit for showing most of her chest except for her nipples. Those fans have an issue with it because said character is 16.

I don't think it's a big deal. It's a cartoon character. And she has a body that's more developed than most adult women out there. She could easily have been 19 instead of 16 and no one would find it hard to believe.

Caring too much about the arbitrary ages of
anime and video game characters is silly. Some of the Dead or Alive girls are also like 17 in the early games but do they honestly look like real life girls of that actual age? Ofc not. Just like Momo Yaoyorozu doesn't look like she's 16 either. April in the Nick toon does look like her age, though. So yeah it's all about appearance/design.

I have an issue with those who find loli characters attractive. Those clearly look like kids. They're drawings and all, but I'm suspicious of anime fans who are attracted to characters of such design type. And some of those lolis can be hundred years old even. So again, it's not about the arbitrary age of a 2d character, but its body type.

Yaoyorozu's quirk is pulling items out of her, so the more exposed she is, the more it works in her favor.

Cartoons and anime characters just can't be compared to real life. Most of these kids would be pissing themselves in these situations and they don't have the maturity involved. I mean even the turtles in the old show act more like college frat boys sharing a dorm when compared to actual kids on the show. And appearance wise, no kids look like Kasumi and Ayane from DOA, they're definitely modeled after someone older. And no kid is built like Momo or Uraraka.

I agree on the Loli stuff. That **** always annoys the hell out of me. I know they're cartoons still but they look and act like toddlers and no 'but they're a 100 year old dragon's or whatever can excuse it. Just wtf.

Papenbrook
10-13-2022, 02:25 PM
Yaoyorozu's quirk is pulling items out of her, so the more exposed she is, the more it works in her favor.

Okay.

If Yaoyorozu/Hagakure have to wear exposed clothing, then Mirio would have to do the same, right?

But, he doesn't.

There is no excuse.

-------

Leo, I have read what you wrote.

I just think that it's disgusting.

Leo656
10-13-2022, 02:35 PM
That's horrible that your reading comprehension skills are so incredibly poor.

This is just one of those "To disagree is to be Wrong" things, sorry. Maybe meditate on the subject a while and come back to it.

Vegita-San
10-13-2022, 02:43 PM
So,

I subscribed to Shonen Jump to get the lates issues of Dragonball super direct, and started browsing their catelog.

If I luke Yu Yu Hakushu, DBZ, and one or other toonami shows like Tenchi Muyo (havn't thought about that in a while), will I like this series?

Coola Yagami
10-13-2022, 03:01 PM
Okay.

If Yaoyorozu/Hagakure have to wear exposed clothing, then Mirio would have to do the same, right?

But, he doesn't.

There is no excuse.

-------

Leo, I have read what you wrote.

I just think that it's disgusting.

Tell me how Mirio's quirk factors into that.

I already told you Momo needs to be exposed to pull larger objects out of herself.

Hagakure is the invisible girl. She has to nude to be fully invisible. I mean, the invisible man has been running around fully nude for years now. Otherwise you'd just see weird floating clothes and that blows their cover.

I think the only one that breaks the rules are Sue Storm and Violet but that's because they have specialized clothes that turn invisible with them. Hagakure does not.

Prowler
10-13-2022, 03:30 PM

Cartoons and anime characters just can't be compared to real life. Most of these kids would be pissing themselves in these situations and they don't have the maturity involved. I mean even the turtles in the old show act more like college frat boys sharing a dorm when compared to actual kids on the show. And appearance wise, no kids look like Kasumi and Ayane from DOA, they're definitely modeled after someone older. And no kid is built like Momo or Uraraka.

I agree on the Loli stuff. That **** always annoys the hell out of me. I know they're cartoons still but they look and act like toddlers and no 'but they're a 100 year old dragon's or whatever can excuse it. Just wtf.

Yes, I mean if we're going to apply real life logic to fiction than most works of fiction wouldn't see the light of the day. In the case of MHA, training teenage superheroes would be frowned upon in real life, I suppose. Since they're making kids risk their lives.

I think the reason why the MHA fandom has a vocal minority of fans who bitch about Yaoyorozu's tits is because a lot of casuals who normally don't watch anime are into this series. And thus they don't understand and are unfamiliar with how things work in anime.

Coola Yagami
10-13-2022, 04:03 PM
Yes, I mean if we're going to apply real life logic to fiction than most works of fiction wouldn't see the light of the day. In the case of MHA, training teenage superheroes would be frowned upon in real life, I suppose. Since they're making kids risk their lives.

I think the reason why the MHA fandom has a vocal minority of fans who bitch about Yaoyorozu's tits is because a lot of casuals who normally don't watch anime are into this series. And thus they don't understand and are unfamiliar with how things work in anime.

Yeah, MHA is the new 'normie anime' since DBZ has become old hat.

It's funny how there's always more drama around Momo and yet no one cares about 5 or so year old Gohan getting his neck snapped.

Prowler
10-13-2022, 04:13 PM
Yeah, MHA is the new 'normie anime' since DBZ has become old hat.

It's funny how there's always more drama around Momo and yet no one cares about 5 or so year old Gohan getting his neck snapped.

The MHA fandom is terrible, indeed.

One Piece has a lot of normies as well but since the vast majority of female characters are 18 and older there's less bitching. Well, there is one girl who is 16. Rebecca is her name. She's not a major character or anything. Was pretty much only in one single arc. She has massive boobs and a very revealing gladiator outfit based on Red Sonja's. The thing is, she must wear such armour as punishment to get hurt more easily. A smart way by Oda to justify fanservice of her.

Weren't Goku and Gohan already super jacked when they were kids? No one seemed to care about that.

Also I don't mean to sound like an elitistic European but I can't help but notice it's mostly American fans who complain about fanservice. They have a bigger problem with fanservice and showing skin than with violence. Just because someone is not wearing a lot of clothes or is naked doesn't mean they're having sex. Seeing a naked woman on TV never traumatised me when I was a kid. Seeing someone getting their head cut by an axe would have been much more disturbing.

Coola Yagami
10-13-2022, 06:00 PM
The MHA fandom is terrible, indeed.

One Piece has a lot of normies as well but since the vast majority of female characters are 18 and older there's less bitching. Well, there is one girl who is 16. Rebecca is her name. She's not a major character or anything. Was pretty much only in one single arc. She has massive boobs and a very revealing gladiator outfit based on Red Sonja's. The thing is, she must wear such armour as punishment to get hurt more easily. A smart way by Oda to justify fanservice of her.

Weren't Goku and Gohan already super jacked when they were kids? No one seemed to care about that.

Also I don't mean to sound like an elitistic European but I can't help but notice it's mostly American fans who complain about fanservice. They have a bigger problem with fanservice and showing skin than with violence. Just because someone is not wearing a lot of clothes or is naked doesn't mean they're having sex. Seeing a naked woman on TV never traumatised me when I was a kid. Seeing someone getting their head cut by an axe would have been much more disturbing.

Yeah, Americans are always super puritan about that sort of thing. Maybe cause they're so obsessed with sex, they feel the need to see everything through a sexual lens. I don't remember a lot of hoopla about Bulma running around in her underwear or whatever back in Mexico. People just watched the show and were more concerned about power levels and whatnot than 'omg Bulma in her underwear'.

Prowler
10-13-2022, 07:44 PM
Yeah, Americans are always super puritan about that sort of thing. Maybe cause they're so obsessed with sex, they feel the need to see everything through a sexual lens. I don't remember a lot of hoopla about Bulma running around in her underwear or whatever back in Mexico. People just watched the show and were more concerned about power levels and whatnot than 'omg Bulma in her underwear'.
I don't remember anyone caring here either.

Didn't the US get a lot of censored anime dubs? Lie in Sailor Moon they made Neptune and Uranus cousins instead of, you know, a lesbian couple :lol:

Coola Yagami
10-13-2022, 08:28 PM
I don't remember anyone caring here either.

Didn't the US get a lot of censored anime dubs? Lie in Sailor Moon they made Neptune and Uranus cousins instead of, you know, a lesbian couple :lol:

Yep. The funny thing is, Haruka and Michiru never flat out say they're gay or lesbian or even lovers. You could just tell by the way they acted around each other and how they looked at each other.

Somehow in America making them cousins that still look like they're in love each other fixed things? It's ok if it's incest?

I swear every time I see people complaining about anime on social media it just shows that anime was never for normies. They just can't handle it. And they have no control over it. There's no one they can cancel, no one they can get fired. Japan does not give a flying **** and that's how it should be. Anime will forever be catered to Japan and their culture, Americans are ****in' lucky they get to check it out. Either take as it is, or go step off and watch the CW or something.

It's like some people don't understand that you don't have to like everything, that you don't have to force yourself to get into whatever's hot because of FOMO. If you like something, like it as it is. I mean, you're watching it aren't you? Don't try to ruin things to suit your ****ed up image of whatever you think or feel a form of media should be like. If it was so bad, you wouldn't watching it to begin with.

CyberCubed
10-13-2022, 09:54 PM
You do realize all of Sailor Moon was redubbed in the last few years, right? All 200 episodes, no edits, no skipped stuff, all the gay and lesbian stuff is there.

I watched the whole Viz dub of Sailor Moon a few years ago and it was great. The new voice actors all fit the characters well too.

Coola Yagami
10-13-2022, 10:37 PM
You do realize all of Sailor Moon was redubbed in the last few years, right? All 200 episodes, no edits, no skipped stuff, all the gay and lesbian stuff is there.

I watched the whole Viz dub of Sailor Moon a few years ago and it was great. The new voice actors all fit the characters well too.

Yeah I know. I used to own the first 2-3 seasons of the re-dub.

Papenbrook
10-14-2022, 08:52 PM
A shocking amount of people ( particularly men ) are defending that disturbing color page.

It feels so wrong.

Allio
10-14-2022, 09:52 PM
You know you could just NOT read MHA, right? Seems to be an easy thing to do.

Papenbrook
10-15-2022, 07:34 AM
I'm mainly reading it on a sunk-cost fallacy. ( It's my only coping mechanism, unfortunately ... )

The series has been faltering for quite some time.

Prowler
10-15-2022, 01:11 PM
MHA is definitely a series that doesn't live up to its full potential.

The first couple of seasons are fine, but seasons 3, 4 and 5 have some boring and uninteresting stuff and turn of events.

It's like the series is just too safe and doesn't do a veyry good job at world building and character development like One Piece does. I'll watch the upcoming season and still find enjoyment in the franchise, but it's not a top 10 favourite of mine or anything.

CyberCubed
10-15-2022, 02:34 PM
That seems to happen to every big shonen anime/manga honestly.

Naruto, Bleach, etc. I heard all got repetitive and boring as it went on. I think One Piece has done fairly well from what I hear. I think the problem is these shows go on too long and don't end before they get stale.

Allio
10-15-2022, 02:58 PM
That’s always going to be the trade off with something that is individually created vs corporate created. You’ll get that “one vision” but one creator can get locked into place. Meanwhile something like Batman can get some new blood, but ultimately those changes would mean nothing when they next new blood comes in.

Look at Savage Dragon. Used to enjoy it way back when, but everything modern about it definitely sucks.

CyberCubed
10-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Anime with 100+ episodes is obviously very time consuming and unless it's a show I watched as a kid I can't get into new series with that many episodes.

Coola Yagami
10-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Anime with 100+ episodes is obviously very time consuming and unless it's a show I watched as a kid I can't get into new series with that many episodes.

Even at 1.5X speed?

Prowler
10-15-2022, 07:49 PM
That seems to happen to every big shonen anime/manga honestly.

Naruto, Bleach, etc. I heard all got repetitive and boring as it went on. I think One Piece has done fairly well from what I hear. I think the problem is these shows go on too long and don't end before they get stale.

I haven't seen or read Naruto and Bleach. Can't say. And I'm not interested either.

One Piece is generally considered the best of the big 3 shonen. Oda doesn't just write stuff on the fly. He plans a lot ahead. Dies great World building and gives a lot of time and development to his characters. He is a very good mangaka.

Sumac
10-16-2022, 05:00 AM
A shocking amount of people ( particularly men ) are defending that disturbing color page.

It feels so wrong.
Because, they are not childish snowflakes?

Coola Yagami
10-16-2022, 02:05 PM
Maybe not so much defending, more like indifferent cause a cartoon character isn't a big deal. It would probably have been a bigger issue if she was flat out topless on the cover, regardless of age. Like even if it was Midnight or Mr. Lady topless, it would stir **** up I'm sure.

Papenbrook
10-16-2022, 02:59 PM
Um ... ?

She was topless. The caution tape just covers her ... "private areas". :sick:

Leo656
10-16-2022, 04:13 PM
Oh, so there's absolutely no problem whatsoever then and all this caterwauling is over Literally Nothing At All, awesome. Good to know.

Prowler
10-17-2022, 03:24 PM
When fanservice is the thing most fans argue about, you know that the series just isn't that great in general.

MHA has a pretty cool concept but it hasn't been that well executed. It's entertaining enough to watch, and since I've already watched 5 seasons of it I might as well stick to it until the very end unless the upcoming season gets back to the point of being a torture to sit through each episodem

Leo656
10-17-2022, 04:14 PM
I just can't believe a term like "fanservice" exists while carrying any sort of negative connotation whatsoever.

It was NOT actually all that long ago, some folks may recall, when "fanservice" was not only tolerated, but expected, demanded, celebrated, you name it. Early/mid-2000s. Every female super-hero had giant honking tits and a costume with about as much surface coverage as a washcloth. Every female celebrity had to have a Maxim cover and spread. Not only did people NOT complain, they said "Holy sh*t, why did society completely suck until Right Now?" and "More of this, Everywhere, NOW."

Then we got f*cking Obama for eight years and suddenly everyone is supposed to pretend they DON'T wanna look at hot chicks constantly, in every single corner of their media? F*ck outta here with that bullsh*t.

I'm dead f*cking serious, if you're not piling that "fanservice" sh*t on with a scoop shovel, I don't have time for whatever the f*ck it is you're selling. Life is too short to NOT be looking at hot chicks constantly. I don't even give a f*ck who disagrees, they're dead inside.

We need to take sh*t back to 2005 immediately. Could you imagine Billie Eilish trying to squeeze those giant honkers of hers into one'a those early-2000s Slut Bikinis? And furthermore, wouldn't you rather see HER in a bikini than f*cking LIZZO, for f*ck's sake?!

None of this is schtick, I am 1000% Dead F*cking Serious.

Prowler
10-17-2022, 05:47 PM
I just can't believe a term like "fanservice" exists while carrying any sort of negative connotation whatsoever.

It was NOT actually all that long ago, some folks may recall, when "fanservice" was not only tolerated, but expected, demanded, celebrated, you name it. Early/mid-2000s. Every female super-hero had giant honking tits and a costume with about as much surface coverage as a washcloth. Every female celebrity had to have a Maxim cover and spread. Not only did people NOT complain, they said "Holy sh*t, why did society completely suck until Right Now?" and "More of this, Everywhere, NOW."

Then we got f*cking Obama for eight years and suddenly everyone is supposed to pretend they DON'T wanna look at hot chicks constantly, in every single corner of their media? F*ck outta here with that bullsh*t.

I'm dead f*cking serious, if you're not piling that "fanservice" sh*t on with a scoop shovel, I don't have time for whatever the f*ck it is you're selling. Life is too short to NOT be looking at hot chicks constantly. I don't even give a f*ck who disagrees, they're dead inside.

We need to take sh*t back to 2005 immediately. Could you imagine Billie Eilish trying to squeeze those giant honkers of hers into one'a those early-2000s Slut Bikinis? And furthermore, wouldn't you rather see HER in a bikini than f*cking LIZZO, for f*ck's sake?!

None of this is schtick, I am 1000% Dead F*cking Serious.

Personally I don't use the term fanservice in a bad way and neither do I see it as a negative thing.

Cartoon and video game characters aren't real, so might as well go crazy and give them unrealistic designs. Like making all the female characters hot, for example. Isn't that the point of fantasy?

People who say they don't find cartoon or video game characters attractive are weird. Someone once told me I was weird for commenting on Nico Robin's huge boobs in One Piece "she's just a cartoon". So now liking big boobs makes a man weird? The hell is happening to this world!?

Leo656
10-17-2022, 08:53 PM
I will go so far as to say that if Maximum Fanservice isn't part of your mission statement, then your entire mission is f*cking garbage by design.

Hot chicks. Everywhere. The less clothing the better. Naked? Awesome. Life's too short to be looking at ugly, fully-clothed people during leisure time when you're already forced to suffer them during working hours. When you're home reading or watching TV, it SHOULD be Non-Stop Hotness, All The Time. Otherwise what is even the POINT? What is the point of LIFE, by then?

Like, you're not supposed to say this sh*t because it's not "polite", but y'know what people in Real Life are WAY more often than they're "polite"? F*cking Horny. At least I don't put on airs, I just keep it real. This Is How It Is, Dawg.

At some point, not even long ago, we collectively just accepted it, and media finally started being designed to please those people, as it ALWAYS should have been in the first place. Then everybody got even MORE f*cking prudish and Puritan than they were BEFORE and now everything's even worse! You can't even pop a chub over a comic book character anymore without some Pearl-Clutching Rando on a message board telling you that you're an awful person for it. It's insane.

These people are the same ones who vapidly Tweet "Free Britney!" but don't even realize that if people weren't already obsessed with "drooling over jailbait" way back in 1999 then nobody would even know who the f*ck Britney Spears is Now. And look at THAT one, for crying out loud; two minutes off the leash and she's dragging her bare tits all over her Instagram, embarrassing the f*ck out of her kids to the point they don't even talk to her anymore. And look, make no mistake, she's Swamp Trash, but at least she is HONEST Swamp Trash. She fully understands that people only ever cared about her as something to jerk off to, nothing more, she understands it and accepts it and wants to squeeze the last few drops out of it before her implants fail and her tits get stuck in her belt. She may be an absolute embarrassment of a human being and a complete and total skank but at least she's f*cking honest about it and knows her role in the societal transaction process.

Y'all act like this "creepy" sh*t is New. F*ck no, people have always been huge perverts, they just used to be a lot more f*cking honest about it than they are Right Now.

I vote for Honesty and Sexy Naked People (fictional or otherwise). I think if you DON'T see it my way you're way more of a f*cking weirdo than anyone could every rightly accuse ME of being.

Prowler
10-18-2022, 02:28 PM
I've never cared about Britney Spears. Then again, her peak of popularity was when I was, I dunno, 9? I didn't care about girls at the time yet.

And I completely forgot she existed until I read your post, tbh.

Leo656
10-18-2022, 03:04 PM
:lol: She's in my News feed every day because she's a dumpster fire and constantly naked on Instagram and so her kids are too ashamed of her to even be around her, and they say this openly with no shame. Even if you don't read the articles the headlines are always there. But that's in America, I assume if you do read the news at all Over There they probably put out much different stuff, especially about entertainment and so on.

Plus, y'know, like I'm NOT gonna click on "See Britney Dancing Nude In Her Latest Instagram Post!" :trazz: Course I am.

For what it's worth, she's still super hot, but she's such a trashy person. All the people demanded she be let out of her conservatorship either forgot or ignore the fact that the entire reason her family made her a "prisoner" is because she was literally a f*cking crackhead. :lol:

BUT, she wants to be naked all the time and I 100% support her in doing so. I enjoy it! But at the same time I'm not gonna ignore the fact that she's a huge slut with no self-awareness, I'm allowed to have opinions on that as well. :trazz:

Coola Yagami
10-18-2022, 04:34 PM
Such a shame to see Britney go insane like that. I think they just locked her up but never gave her actual treatment and how's free, but also free to go nuts.

Like what is she even doing? I don't think she's shown any interest towards going back to her music career or anything.

Leo656
10-18-2022, 04:50 PM
No I think she was on medication, she wasn't "locked up" she actually had a residency in Vegas for a long while. Being "under arrest" was the most productive time she ever spent. Since then all she does is her little Naked Cartwheel videos and gush about new husband #957, who is totally not just manipulating her for her money like every single previous husband, no sir. THIS ONE is legit and 100% her Ride or Die.

If I recall correctly, her being medicated was one of the things she whined about in trying to get the conservatorship removed. "I don't need to be on medication!", by the way, is the MAIN thing a person who desperately needs to be on medication will say.

So yeah she's "free" and nobody can "force" her to go to therapy or take her meds anymore, so she does... exactly what I said she was gonna do, lose her f*cking mind immediately. :lol: Because she's a crackhead.

Like I legit would not be shocked if she actually is smoking crack again. I've known plenty of people who do it, that sh*t immediately becomes your new God. Way worse than heroin because while heroin is addictive and ultimately more damaging it doesn't actually feel good after a while, and the withdrawal is murder. People who smoke crack tend not to suffer as much and are oblivious to the damage they're causing themselves, so not only do they have no incentive to quit, if they do quit they have no reason to stay away from it. No "I stayed up puking for three days" horror stories like a heroin addict would have, for example.

So since she was hooked on crack before her conservatorship, I'm pretty sure getting another hit was all she thought about for all those years, and I'm sure it was one of the Very First Things she did when she was "set free", just because she could. Again, I knew people who counted the days for YEARS, like, "The second my kids move out, I'm hitting that goddamn pipe again, man," and they have it down to the hour.

So yeah, f*ck her. :lol: She has an awesome body though so I'm very glad she likes to show it off. But that's just me being selfish, the girl obviously needs to be on a leash or else something really bad is gonna happen. Some people simply can't handle "freedom" because they're too self-destructive, and she's one of them.

Prowler
10-18-2022, 08:44 PM
Threads on these forums sure take interesting turns. Never would I have thought we'd be talking about Britney Spears of all people in the My Hero Academia thread.

Coola Yagami
10-18-2022, 08:45 PM
So yeah, f*ck her. :lol:

I tried, she still hasn't returned my phone calls.

Prowler
10-18-2022, 08:46 PM
I tried, she still hasn't returned my phone calls.

Let's talk about which MHA girl we'd **** instead.

Leo656
10-18-2022, 08:49 PM
Threads on these forums sure take interesting turns. Never would I have thought we'd be talking about Britney Spears of all people in the My Hero Academia thread.

I was put on this planet to ruin absolutely f*cking everything. That's the entire point of it all.

Let's talk about which MHA girl we'd **** instead.

I sincerely have no idea what MHA even is. :lol:

Prowler
10-18-2022, 08:53 PM
I was put on this planet to ruin absolutely f*cking everything. That's the entire point of it all.

I sincerely have no idea what MHA even is. :lol:

Whoa, I didn't say you ruined it. If anything you saved this thread from papenbrook.

Well, that's irrelevant. You can still have an opinion on which girl you'd bang from the series. Just Google My Hero Academia characters and you'll know the names of the hot ones in no time.

Leo656
10-18-2022, 09:05 PM
Whoa, I didn't say you ruined it. If anything you saved this thread from papenbrook.

Well, that's irrelevant. You can still have an opinion on which girl you'd bang from the series. Just Google My Hero Academia characters and you'll know the names of the hot ones in no time.

Haha, thanks brother! :lol:

Uhhhh, I just Googled "My Hero Academia Hot Girls"... so... This One, I guess? This one has several things I enjoy...
https://www.vippng.com/png/detail/349-3499318_nemuri-kayama-profil-my-hero-academia-characters-teachers.png

Let me guess, there's something "problematic" about that one, too... like it's really a dude, or she's secretly 10 years old and just really overdeveloped for her age, or some sh*t. Right?

Prowler
10-18-2022, 09:08 PM

Uhhhh, I just Googled "My Hero Academia Hot Girls"... so... This One, I guess? This one has several things I enjoy...
https://www.vippng.com/png/detail/349-3499318_nemuri-kayama-profil-my-hero-academia-characters-teachers.png

Let me guess, there's something "problematic" about that one, too... like it's really a dude, or she's secretly 10 years old and just really overdeveloped for her age, or some sh*t. Right?

I knew you'd like Midnight.

Nah, she's a full fledged adult, don't worry. I don't remember her age but she's not younger than 24.

Shes known as the R Rated Hero, BTW.

Leo656
10-18-2022, 09:10 PM
Oh my, that's wonderful news. :lol:

There were a few others I saw that were kinda yummy but my wife is here so I can't do a deep dive right now unless I want a concussion. :lol:

I will say once again for the record that while I'm "neutral-to-positive" on anime in general, boy do I LOVE Anime Girls. :tgrin:

Prowler
10-18-2022, 09:11 PM
Oh my, that's wonderful news. :lol:

There were a few others I saw that were kinda yummy but my wife is here so I can't do a deep dive right now unless I want a concussion. :lol:

I will say once again for the record that while I'm "neutral-to-positive" on anime in general, boy do I LOVE Anime Girls. :tgrin:

Momo Yaoyorozu is my favourite. I love girls with pitch black hair and pale skin.

And ofc big boobs.

ssjup81
10-18-2022, 09:19 PM

Let me guess, there's something "problematic" about that one, too... like it's really a dude, or she's secretly 10 years old and just really overdeveloped for her age, or some sh*t. Right?What would the safe word be when you’re being “punished” in her office? :P

Prowler
10-18-2022, 09:20 PM
What would the safe word be when you’re being “punished” in her office? :P

Better ask Mineta that. I'm sure he has some experience.

Vegita-San
10-18-2022, 09:21 PM

safe word? I could think of worse ways to go.

Leo656
10-18-2022, 09:26 PM

Safe Words are for f*cking pussies. :lol:

If you're not prepared for a chick to suddenly flip the script, hit you in the head with the table lamp, roll you over, tie you down and violently peg you, I don't think you're mature enough to be having sex in the first place.

Coola Yagami
10-18-2022, 09:28 PM
Safe Words are for f*cking pussies. :lol:

If you're not prepared for a chick to suddenly flip the script, hit you in the head with the table lamp, roll you over, tie you down and violently peg you, I don't think you're mature enough to be having sex in the first place.

.... that..... that sounds actually like the sort of thing that Midnight would be into.....

Prowler
10-18-2022, 09:30 PM
Midnight is definitely the dominatrix type.

Autbot_Benz
10-18-2022, 09:31 PM
you guys are coming off like mineta

id bone Midnight and Momo also Mirko aka Bunny also the giant girl too

https://i.imgur.com/NRKCDMJ.jpg

Prowler
10-18-2022, 09:32 PM

id bone Midnight and Momo also Miriko aka Bunny

I'm not a huge fan of Miriko tbh. I'd rather do Camie and Nejire instead of her.

Leo656
10-18-2022, 09:36 PM

Say stuff I understand. :lol:

She's aight, I wouldn't kick her outta bed for eatin' crackers.

.... that..... that sounds actually like the sort of thing that Midnight would be into.....

Oh Jesus, how do I always get so Accidentally Right about things? :lol:

I mean, if she wanted to... let's just see what happens. :lol:

Autbot_Benz
10-18-2022, 09:37 PM

Mineta aka grape juice is the pervert of Class 1A he is constantly oogling the girls and fantasizing about them.

Prowler
10-18-2022, 09:39 PM

She's aight, I wouldn't kick her outta bed for eatin' crackers.

Mineta is a MHA character who's a huge pervert and thus the girls in the show dislike him.

A significant portion of the fandom hates Mineta because of his pervertedness and being a borderline sex offender at times, wanting to peep on naked girls and touching a girls boobs once.

It's a cartoon, people. Mineta is just a comedy relief punching bag character. Not very interesting but let's not make a huge deal out of it.

Coola Yagami
10-18-2022, 09:54 PM
Mineta aka grape juice is the pervert of Class 1A he is constantly oogling the girls and fantasizing about them.

Wait... Rikki Roxx is in this anime?

Coola Yagami
10-18-2022, 09:56 PM

I still haven't finished season 2, but I've seen pics of the bunny girl and hell, Jade Cargill even cosplayed as her once. How far along into the series does she appear?

Autbot_Benz
10-18-2022, 09:57 PM
I still haven't finished season 2, but I've seen pics of the bunny girl and hell, Jade Cargill even cosplayed as her once. How far along into the series does she appear?

Episode 87 second to last episode of S4 is when Mirko aka bunny debuts

Leo656
10-18-2022, 09:58 PM
Wait... Rikki Roxx is in this anime?

Hahaaaa guilty as f*ck.

Jade Cargill even cosplayed as her once

You're not allowed to just SAY THAT and not post pictures jackhole

Prowler
10-18-2022, 09:58 PM
More importantly, Deku needs to Detroit Smash Ochako already.

Coola Yagami
10-18-2022, 10:16 PM
There ya go. I didn't know her name (the character, not Jade), but I was probably the only one at the time that knew 'she's Cosplaying as that girl from MHA'.

Autbot_Benz
10-18-2022, 10:19 PM
There ya go. I didn't know her name (the character, not Jade), but I was probably the only one at the time that knew 'she's Cosplaying as that girl from MHA'.

her real name is Rumi her hero name is Mirko

Leo656
10-18-2022, 10:34 PM

Well, there goes any chance of me getting jack sh*t done tonight. :lol: Thanks pal!

I probably don't mention it enough, but... I seriously wanna do some freaky, nasty, "probably-illegal-in-Canada" sex stuff with Jade Cargill.

Prowler
10-18-2022, 10:36 PM
I find it funny how Yaoyorozu's quirk is basically her using her boobs to create objects. She needs to eat a lot of food and then use fat to produce stuff. But ofc the author made it look as fanservicey as possible :lol:

Coola Yagami
10-18-2022, 11:58 PM
I find it funny how Yaoyorozu's quirk is basically her using her boobs to create objects. She needs to eat a lot of food and then use fat to produce stuff. But ofc the author made it look as fanservicey as possible :lol:

Wasn't her other weakness that the object can't be too complicated or something she has had practice or experience creating before? I seem to recall her first thing ever created was a tarp, so it's easy for her to whip those out when needed.

Leo656
10-19-2022, 12:28 AM
Man, Japan is f*cking awesome. :lol:

Coola Yagami
10-19-2022, 12:37 AM
Man, Japan is f*cking awesome. :lol:

Apparently aside from the occasional Godzilla attack, tentacle monsters in the metro trains and working til you die, it sounds like a cool place.

ssjup81
10-19-2022, 12:40 AM
Apparently aside from the occasional Godzilla attack, tentacle monsters in the metro trains and working til you die, it sounds like a cool place.I can vouch to witnessing or experiencing some of those. *coughs* yen for unwanted feels *coughs*

Leo656
10-19-2022, 12:53 AM
I can vouch to witnessing or experiencing some of those. *coughs* yen for unwanted feels *coughs*

I remember that story. :lol:

To be fair, in America the guy wouldn't have given you anything but the grope, so... yay? :lol: Hooray for small victories, I guess? :trazz:

I mean sh*t, a chick grabbed my junk at a bar one time a few years back and I barely even got a "Hello", let alone any money. :lol: She had the full Von Erich Claw going on an' everything. Could've at least bought me a drink, gimme a dollar, spit in my face, flash some titty, SOMEthing! But no, nothin'. Rude-ass drunk-ass molestin'-ass bitch.

I'm clearly traumatized, as you can tell.

Just Kidding! She was hot as f*ck so it's a memory I treasure to this day. :trazz:

But if my wife asks, I was and remain furious about it.

Prowler
10-19-2022, 11:12 AM
Japan does invent a lot of cool stuff but it does seem like a very stressful place to live in.

Cowabung-Gal
10-19-2022, 12:45 PM
Japan does invent a lot of cool stuff but it does seem like a very stressful place to live in.

Apparently the suicide rate is high there. The director of the anime “Paranoia Agent” touched on that particular issue in one episode where a sickly old man, a gay dude, and a little girl (no joke) all tried numerous times to kill themselves.

Allio
10-19-2022, 12:57 PM
It’s pretty bad. It’s pretty bad that In the show Ryusoulger (Japanese Power Rangers Dino Fury) they had several episodes revolving around characters wanting to commit suicide.

Coola Yagami
10-19-2022, 01:36 PM
Yeah, sadly I heard a lot about that. I'm assuming it's because there's this super big pressure to 'succeed' in Japan. I know America has its own suicide problems as well, but here the 'lazy loser' is a lot more glorified. Obviously it's still mocked and ridiculed, but the media at least shows a lot of 'lovable losers' as their main characters.

Prowler
10-19-2022, 04:21 PM
Japan's suicide rate has been worse. They're no longer top 10 in the world. South Korea has a higher rate than Japan. And its for similar reasons, I believe.

That being said, Japan does have a higher rate than the world average.

Unlike many other places, suicide in Japan isn't just due to mental health issues but can be due to academic pressure and failure, and also has historically been seen as an honourable thing for samurais to do, if I recall. I believe many years ago a politician hung himself the following day after getting involved in some sort of scandal. Apparently he felt shame and regret and figured that killing himself was the only way for him to atone.

Anyway, were getting off-topic and this subject is a little depressing.

Let's try and get back on topic.

Sumac
10-21-2022, 12:48 PM
Japan is a very collectivist society and adheres to the strict hierarchy.
People are constantly pressured to "not stand out" and "be productive part of society". Just cogs in the machine, without any semblance of own's desire and wants.
Naturally a lot of people break down.

Papenbrook
10-25-2022, 04:06 PM
On that note, you can now add "racism" to the list of subject matters that the manga tries to tackle … horribly ...

What will come next?

Prowler
10-25-2022, 05:45 PM
So, season 6 began not too long ago. It's about or 5 rosiides in, I think.

For those of you who have been watching, any good so far?

Sumac
10-26-2022, 12:36 PM
On that note, you can now add "racism" to the subject matters that the manga tries to tackle. Horribly ...

What will come next?
It will come to your home and pee at your slippers.

Vegita-San
10-26-2022, 12:38 PM
don't show papy Mr.Popo...

Papenbrook
11-12-2022, 08:47 AM
I hope that Ochako vs. Toga: Part #3 will be good.

However, knowing the author, it will likely be sexist, garbled nonsense.

-------

Speaking of sexism, the next episode of My Hero Academia will have plenty of that, it seems ...

~ sighs ~

Bahamut810
11-12-2022, 09:52 AM
I hope that Ochako vs. Toga: Part #3 will be good.

However, knowing the author, it will likely be sexist, garbled nonsense.

-------

Speaking of sexism, the next episode of My Hero Academia will have plenty of that, it seems ...

~ sighs ~

Keep your cultural imperialism out of my manga. Its racist as fk.

Papenbrook
11-12-2022, 11:08 AM
Saying that a particular manga is problematic ( at least, in terms of its portrayal of women ) isn't "racist."

Autbot_Benz
11-12-2022, 12:03 PM
So, season 6 began not too long ago. It's about or 5 rosiides in, I think.

For those of you who have been watching, any good so far?

Its good so far the last weeks and today's were really good.

First couple were very Class 1-A ( I mean Deku Shoto and Baku ) Light but lots of Endeavor kicking ass with other heroes

Bahamut810
11-12-2022, 09:37 PM
Saying that a particular manga is problematic ( at least, in terms of its portrayal of women ) isn't "racist."

Cultural imperialism is rooted in white supremacy which is inherently racist. Claiming that your white supremist values are superior to minority POC values is racist.

Do better.

CyberCubed
11-13-2022, 09:43 AM
All shonen anime have female characters with big boobs or sexy outfits. It's a fact of life.

Coola Yagami
11-13-2022, 09:50 AM
Cultural imperialism is rooted in white supremacy which is inherently racist. Claiming that your white supremist values are superior to minority POC values is racist.

Do better.

Omg nobody cares about that **** when reading manga. Leave that ******** for your American crap.

Bahamut810
11-13-2022, 10:25 AM
All shonen anime have female characters with big boobs or sexy outfits. It's a fact of life.

There is also cheesecake of the dudes. Shonen (boys stories) are all about visual appeal which gives all people an equal eyeful.

Bahamut810
11-13-2022, 10:41 AM
Omg nobody cares about that **** when reading manga. Leave that ******** for your American crap.

That was my entire point of posting that. Papen is using that bs American crap ideology to call the series sexist. I am pointing out that by progressive logic they are using they are guilty of more crimes then they are accusing my hero of commiting.

You are entirely correct that most of the outrage culture is stupid first world BS.

However, every time papen gets on here to call it sexist I will remind them that by doing this they are being racist, a cultural imperialist and because of this a white supremist by default.

Coola Yagami
11-13-2022, 10:48 AM
Ikr? This is why most of time mangakas stay off Twitter, they look at us and wonder what the hell kind of crack we're smoking over here to be so insane.

Bahamut810
11-13-2022, 10:56 AM
Ikr? This is why most of time mangakas stay off Twitter, they look at us and wonder what the hell kind of crack we're smoking over here to be so insane.

Did you hear about the Attack on Titan dude author who got tore up because he asked people to be nice when he came to his first American convention?

I wonder what the hell sort of crack we are smoking over here sometimes.

Coola Yagami
11-13-2022, 01:16 PM
Did you hear about the Attack on Titan dude author who got tore up because he asked people to be nice when he came to his first American convention?

I wonder what the hell sort of crack we are smoking over here sometimes.

What the ****, that was terrible.

Back in the day, at some cons we had we had people like, the creator of Hellsing and they were treated with the utmost of respect. But of course, that was before Twitter was what it was nowadays, rotting people's minds with first world problems.

Papenbrook
11-28-2022, 05:19 PM
There is also cheesecake of the dudes -

No, there isn't.

And even if there was, they're almost never objectified/sexualized like the female characters.

As a whole, the Shounen genre is largely sexist towards women/girls.

Coola Yagami
11-28-2022, 05:32 PM
No, there isn't.

And even if there was, they're almost never objectified/sexualized like the female characters.

It's almost as if shounen was more catered for boys or something. Almost like shoujo is catered for girls. Sure, girls (and do) enjoy shounen if they want to, but it is mostly catered to guys.

Cowabung-Gal
11-28-2022, 06:05 PM

Really? Well, if it’s so offensive toward women, then why do I enjoy reading Shounen manga?

Coola Yagami
11-28-2022, 06:07 PM
Really? Well, if it’s so offensive, then why do I enjoy reading Shounen manga?

Clearly due to your sexist views and internal misogyny.

Cowabung-Gal
11-28-2022, 06:09 PM
Clearly due to your sexist views and internal misogyny.

So they say. :roll:

Personally I’d rather read manga about strong rowdy men than comics about soy boys and their stronger mistresses.

Bahamut810
11-28-2022, 07:01 PM
No, there isn't.

Wow...so there are no main characters that wear Skin tight outfits that all but show someone's religion like All-Might?

No characters that show off their chest and bulging muscles like Kirishima (torso) or Bakugo (them ripped arms)?

No scenes where the entire male class is showing the glistening biceps like when they had the swimming race?

No outfits that would cater to a more female glance, like Kaminari's punk rock look or Rikido's 'soft' ability to cook sweets?

You must really have some blinders on to ignore the cheesecake.

At least you arent complaining about how the women are treated in this one...like how in some of the latest episodes a torch was passed that put Yayorozu as the leader of the class that needed to spearhead trying to take down an unstoppable force or anything...

Bahamut810
11-28-2022, 07:03 PM
So they say. :roll:

Personally I’d rather read manga about strong rowdy men than comics about soy boys and their stronger mistresses.

God bless you Cowabung-Gal...

Coola Yagami
11-28-2022, 07:05 PM
Wow...so there are no main characters that wear Skin tight outfits that all but show someone's religion like All-Might?

No characters that show off their chest and bulging muscles like Kirishima (torso) or Bakugo (them ripped arms)?

No scenes where the entire male class is showing the glistening biceps like when they had the swimming race?

No outfits that would cater to a more female glance, like Kaminari's punk rock look or Rikido's 'soft' ability to cook sweets?

You must really have some blinders on to ignore the cheesecake.

At least you arent complaining about how the women are treated in this one...like how in some of the latest episodes a torch was passed that put Yayorozu as the leader of the class that needed to spearhead trying to take down an unstoppable force or anything...

Let's not forget the large amount of girls (and women) that wish Todoroki would do all sorts of things to them.

CyberCubed
11-28-2022, 07:25 PM
I can't get over the fact that all the female characters have huge boobs, like D cups.

Coola Yagami
11-28-2022, 08:03 PM
I can't get over the fact that all the female characters have huge boobs, like D cups.

Let's not exaggerate lol. Kyoka and Tsuyu aren't that busty.

But yeah for a while there, there were a bunch of wackos on Twitter, women mostly, that would complain about the guys checking out Ochako and Momo.... but these would be the same women writing erotic fanfiction or drawing their OCs with Todoroki. Like Pot meets Kettle, or is it only ok if women do it?

Cowabung-Gal
11-28-2022, 08:20 PM
But yeah for a while there, there were a bunch of wackos on Twitter, women mostly, that would complain about the guys checking out Ochako and Momo.... but these would be the same women writing erotic fanfiction or drawing their OCs with Todoroki. Like Pot meets Kettle, or is it only ok if women do it?

Yeah, one minute they’re protesting sexism in front of Victoria’s Secret, the next they’re reading erotic novels inside a Dollar General.

CyberCubed
11-28-2022, 09:04 PM
They all have rather large breasts, the only one who doesn't is the one with the earphone jacks and maybe Froppy. Ochako is huge and the other girls have the same body shape as her like even Invisible girl since they re-use the same body design for the rest of them.

Of course the adult women like Midnight and the rest of them are huge too, but that's besides the point since they're adults.

Coola Yagami
11-28-2022, 09:07 PM
They all have rather large breasts, the only one who doesn't is the one with the earphone jacks and maybe Froppy. Ochako is huge and the other girls have the same body shape as her like even Invisible girl since they re-use the same body design for the rest of them.

Yeah, those two are who I meant. Kyoka is Earphone Jack and Tsuyu is Froppy.

CyberCubed
11-28-2022, 09:22 PM
They all have so many names and since they're also all Japanese names its difficult to remember them all. Especially all the side/minor characters in the classroom, I know them from appearance but I couldn't tell you the name of the guy with the tail, the pink girl, the rock looking guy who talks to animals, the black guy, the bird man, etc.

Bahamut810
11-28-2022, 09:57 PM

Of course the adult women like Midnight and the rest of them are huge too, but that's besides the point since they're adults.

I guess it depends on if you see them in their 'hero outfit' or normal clothes. They all look sort of japanese normal in casual clothes, but where they have more traditional "hero clothing" that is tighter it accentuates certain places unless you want to consider "has breasts" to be having huge ones.

Here is a chart of how they look normally (https://i.redd.it/hc7vlzr7tob31.jpg)

Coola Yagami
11-28-2022, 09:57 PM
They all have so many names and since they're also all Japanese names its difficult to remember them all. Especially all the side/minor characters in the classroom, I know them from appearance but I couldn't tell you the name of the guy with the tail, the pink girl, the rock looking guy who talks to animals, the black guy, the bird man, etc.

I know most of their names, though I have only seen up to season 2 so far. Plan to start season 3 this week.

Other than Midoriya, Bakugo, Ochako, Todoroki and Momo, I know Tenya is the fast runner, Kirishima is the guy that can turn into stone, Mina is the pink acid girl, Kyoka is the earphone girl, Denki is the electric guy.

I still have to learn the names of the bird guy, the tape guy, the animal-talking guy and the tail guy.

I know from the other classes that Mei Hatsume is the inventions girl, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu is the steel guy that resembles Kirishima and Itsuka is the girl with the giant fists.

Coola Yagami
11-28-2022, 10:00 PM
I guess it depends on if you see them in their 'hero outfit' or normal clothes. They all look sort of japanese normal in casual clothes, but where they have more traditional "hero clothing" that is tighter it accentuates certain places unless you want to consider "has breasts" to be having huge ones.

Here is a chart of how they look normally (https://i.redd.it/hc7vlzr7tob31.jpg)

Cool! That helps with the names too.

CyberCubed
11-28-2022, 10:02 PM
Japanese names are so hard to remember unless you read manga or look at sites regularly that feature their names, because I just hear them once and then it goes to the next line of dialogue.

Kinda reminds you of the way dubs used to Americanize Japanese names to english names in the early 2000's because Japanese names were so hard for kids to remember. Like imagine if My Hero Academia was created back in the 90's or early 2000's or something? All their names besides maybe Deku would have been changed for the dub.

Considering Funimation dubs MHA who of course did Dragon Ball Z, it's funny to think about. All the dub voices are perfect too, they all suit the characters and sometimes you would forget this isn't an American produced show with an anime art style due to the dub being so good.

Sumac
11-28-2022, 10:20 PM
Never had problems with remembering Japanese names.

Papenbrook
11-29-2022, 12:09 PM
No, there isn't.

Ohh, I'm reminded that the female characters are shoddily written, too.

Seriously, are there any well-written female characters in My Hero Academia? ( I can't think of any ... )

ZariusTwo
11-29-2022, 12:11 PM
lvs68OKOquM

Coola Yagami
11-29-2022, 12:16 PM
Ohh, I'm reminded that the female characters are shoddily written, too.

Seriously, are there any well-written female characters in My Hero Academia? ( I can't think of any ... )

Ochako? Momo? Mei? They got cool powers and interesting personalities and motives.

Autbot_Benz
11-29-2022, 03:21 PM
I mean Momo had an episode when she was paired with Shoto and wasn't sure of herself and she eventually got the courage to help defeat Eraserhead in a training exercise. Not to mention she was in charge by order of Midnight to try and take down the giant monster Gigantomachia even thought id didn't go well

Bahamut810
11-29-2022, 03:35 PM
Ochako? Momo? Mei? They got cool powers and interesting personalities and motives.

Dont forget, to Papen "well written" means they have to be main characters with the most screen time that has to one up any given male character constantly.

It does not matter what they are...if they dont one up the boys *constantly*, well, dernet they cant be a good character can they?

It doesnt matter that...

Uraraka is taking up a dangerous job in order to help pull her family out of poverty. In doing so almost besting the most combat efficient person in the class, making him strain himself to pull off the win with an extremely clever tactic to make him work against himself. Then after that taking up internships and developing skills she uses to cover the weaknesses she found that she had. Dedicates herself to her schooling, so much that she rejects any feelings she may have for another person. Who just happens to have learned her powers well enough that in almost every situation she is in she knows how to best utilize them in combo's with other heros.

No, she is not the main character or the most powerful so she *cant* be well written.

It also doesn't matter that...

Yayorozu being from a successful legacy hero gets into the most prestigious school on suggestion despite being unsure of herself. She works and studies hard, as much for herself as to make her powers work (as she has to know things inside and out in order to make them...things like tracking devices, explosives, chemical compounds, ext). She has had multiple times where she was not sure her team would come through but works through her self-doubt to be the leader that pulled them through the situation.

No, she is not the main character or the most powerful so she *cant* be well written

I will admit that some of the 20+ member cast could use more background time (Like Mina Ashido, I love her design), but to say they aren't well means you arent paying attention or you *Want* to complain about that knowing its wrong.

Bahamut810
11-29-2022, 03:39 PM
I mean Momo had an episode when she was paired with Shoto and wasn't sure of herself and she eventually got the courage to help defeat Eraserhead in a training exercise. Not to mention she was in charge by order of Midnight to try and take down the giant monster Gigantomachia even thought id didn't go well

Her leadership also bested another team in the Provisional License Arc. In the
U.A. Students vs. Seiai Students encounter it was Yayorozu and others vs a team led by a person whose literal power was to be smart.

Allio
11-29-2022, 05:45 PM
Yeah, the girls definitely are written well in comparison to their amount of screen time. They are written as well as anyone that isn’t named Deku/Bakugo/Todoroki. Kyoka is probably the weakest, but she has fallen into “Tenten” category.

Never had problems with remembering Japanese names.

My only issue just mainly stems from just the amount of names to remember.