PDA

View Full Version : TMNT DVD's: Vol. 7 & 8 Problems

Splinter
03-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Volume 7 and 8 of the new toon, was released today on DVD and VHS. And there is some missing sections of 3 of the episodes. Just want to get a small word of warning out to those of you that purchase the show on DVD. I don't know if the VHS releases have the same problem. But it's likely.

On TMNT: Volume 7, Return to New York pt. 2 and Return to New York 3 are missing the opening narration and recap of the previous episode before the opening credits. And on Volume 8, Search for Splinter pt. 2 is missing the opening narration and recap of the previous episode before the opening credits.

I suggest that everyone contact Funimation about this, and request that the DVD's be redone to include the openings. Remember to not be rude or insulting in your E-Mails, Calls, or Snail Mail. Just remember to tell them, that even if they are just recaps of the previous episode, they are important to the story. :)

Utrom
03-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I really hope that Funimation will fix this problem and future releases will be better.

cqb101
03-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I won't buy these until I KNOW I can get the corrected versions. I still haven't bought vol. 5 becuase of the wrong pic on the spine.

Jetter
03-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Are they ever going to get things right? Holy moly.. it's like the compile it the night before, and not 1 person edits it... how can they make so many mistakes... it's not that hard.

tOkKa
03-16-2004, 11:14 PM
cbq101:: still haven't bought vol. 5 becuase of the wrong pic on the spine.

-->> o' sh6t..thank you,man.. i thought it was just me.. gah..

..the off picture on the spine has been freeking me out. :o

Splinter
03-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Well, it seems that the 'missing intros' are only on the DVD versions. Which is stupid as hell. According to a post by Whitewolf89 in the New TMNT area of the forums, his VHS copy of 'Return to New York' still has the intros.

jeff the cheff
03-18-2004, 03:12 PM
They gotta stop ruining the dvd's.

Hamato_Saki
03-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Not really a problem with the DVD, but...

Vol. 7 and 8 feature "Interview with Peter Laird, Part 7" and "Part 8" (respectively)... isn't this a bit innacurate since there never was a Part 5 or Part 6... or did I miss somethign? They're not on my DVD copies.

As for the cut recaps... purists want EVERY second, i know... but other titles (such as Buffy) have been cutting the recaps from the eps, since you can jump from 1 ep to the next... that way you can jump right into the action without the recap breaking the narrative flow.

Im cool either way... dont mind 'em gone but if people want them there, they should keep them there.

Whitewolf89
03-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Well, it seems that the 'missing intros' are only on the DVD versions. Which is stupid as hell. According to a post by Whitewolf89 in the New TMNT area of the forums, his VHS copy of 'Return to New York' still has the intros.

Yeah, it is. You'd think that the DVDs would be as GOOD as, if NOT better than, the VHS versions, but Funimation seems to be blowing it somehow. I want to get the DVDs, too, for the extra stuff, like the various bios of the characters, but I think I'll wait until I see if the company is gonna correct the ep-mistakes, as well as straightening out the DVD-spine fiasco.

LOL And Splinter, no offense, bro, but I'm a "she", not a "he". Just thought I'd let everybody know that. (Geez, I GOTTA get my regular avatar finished, fixed and up here!) LOL No probs on this, though; it happens to me all the time. Hyper Metal Sonic did the same thing. I guess it comes from the fact that nobody figures a gal would have a nick like "Whitewolf"...with or without the number hitched on behind it. And the shortened version of ny nick is "Wolf" or "Wolfie". ;) LOL

cqb101
03-18-2004, 07:36 PM

Yeah, it is. You'd think that the DVDs would be as GOOD as, if NOT better than, the VHS versions, but Funimation seems to be blowing it somehow. I want to get the DVDs, too, for the extra stuff, like the various bios of the characters, but I think I'll wait until I see if the company is gonna correct the ep-mistakes, as well as straightening out the DVD-spine fiasco.

LOL And Splinter, no offense, bro but I'm a "she", not a "he". Just thought I'd let everybody know that. (Geez, I GOTTA get my regular avatar finished, fixed and up here!) LOL No probs on this, though; it happens to me all the time. Hyper Metal Sonic did the same thing. I guess it comes from the fact that nobody figures a gal would have a nick like "Whitewolf"...with or without the number hitched on behind it. And the shortened version of ny nick is "Wolf" or "Wolfie". ;) LOL

I also thought you were a he. :oops:

Splinter
03-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Sorry about that, Whitewolf89. No offense intended. I just usually go with 'him' if I'm not sure on someone's gender. And online it's nearly impossible to know for sure. After all, Machias thought I was female for a long time also. I guess it's my adoration for Splinter. :)

But now a small news update. It seems we have some folks joining the cause. And not just small potatoes. The website TVShowsonDVD.com mentioned our charming site, and also is going to try to get some word from Funimation over the missing DVD intros. So hopefully we'll get them corrected. And they won't be missing on future DVD's. You can see the news here. :)
Either way, we hope that they keep the opening narration and "previously on" recaps intact on these new volumes. On the 7th and 8th volumes that came out last week, these were missing from 3 of the episodes across those two releases. We've gotten a lot of complaints about this, starting with "Derek P." and turning into an avalanche from there. The folks at TheTechnodrome.com fansite mentioned this oversight, too. We'll join the rest of the fans in hoping that this gets corrected in the future, and we intend to communicate with Funimation privately about the matter. Hopefully they'll get the message. In the meantime, we don't intend to let these small issues spoil our enjoyment of this rousing revival of the classic show.
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1278

jestergoblin
03-21-2004, 10:46 AM
That news post also tells us that Turtles in Space only has 4 episodes on it and it will continue into Search for Splinter...

Splinter
03-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit suprised by that. But I guess they're trying to divide the episode up so that there will be 8 volumes for each season. So it looks like this will be the likely line ups for Vol. 9 and 10.

TMNT Vol. 9: Turtles In Space:
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 1: The Fugatoid
28.) Turtles in Space - Part 2: The Trouble with Triceratons
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 3: The Big House
30.) Turtles in Space - Part 4: The Arena

TMNT Vol. 10: Secret Origins:
31.) Turtles in Space - Part 5: Triceraton Wars
32.) Secret Origins - Part 1
33.) Secret Origins - Part 2
34.) Secret Origins - Part 3

jeff the cheff
03-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Thats a horrible idea to split up the episodes.

Whitewolf89
03-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Yes, it is as it spoils the continuity of the story-arc. The five parts of "Turtles in Space" SHOULD have been kept togther, as a whole, and another ep added to Volume 10, behind "Secret Origins" Grrrrrrr! I hate idiots!

And Splinter, no probs on my gender. Happens all the time. I hope when I get my permanent avatar up here that it will correct some assumptions. My fursona/char, who has the same name as my online nick, is ALSO female. But like I said, there's no offence taken. LOL You ain't the first to do it, and I doubt seriously that you'll be the last. It ain't no thing with me. I'm still a fan of the TMNT, no matter WHAT my gender. ;)

Kali
03-22-2004, 01:18 PM
TMNT Vol. 9: Turtles In Space:
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 1: The Fugatoid
28.) Turtles in Space - Part 2: The Trouble with Triceratons
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 3: The Big House
30.) Turtles in Space - Part 4: The Arena

TMNT Vol. 10: Secret Origins:
31.) Turtles in Space - Part 5: Triceraton Wars
32.) Secret Origins - Part 1
33.) Secret Origins - Part 2
34.) Secret Origins - Part 3
Yeah, I figured that they'd split them up like that. But it's not like the episodes aren't connected at all. Turtles in Space flows into Secret Origins, since the first part of Secret Origins has them returning from space.

Whitewolf89
03-22-2004, 01:24 PM
That news post also tells us that Turtles in Space only has 4 episodes on it and it will continue into Search for Splinter...

"Search for Splinter"?! jestergoblin, I hate to tell you this, but the three-part "Search for Splinter" story-arc were the last three eps of Season 1! Are you sure it's now "Secret Origins", Parts 1-3 that you're thinking about??

EDIT: Good point, Kali. Forgot about that. So it will be a seemless whole any way you look at it.

Sakirules
03-31-2004, 04:15 PM
Am I missing something? Volumes 7 and 8 have the Peter Laird interview. But Volumes 5 and 6 don't.

Ratking
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
just to go off topic for a slight second. How many eps has there been in total so far? as here in Australia things have been rather slow on our free to air TV......i mean we have just got the first box set in shops around 1 month ago.

Does anybody know how many eps theres been in total so far?

KROW
06-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Who cares? You already know what happens because you've got all the episodes. The recap narrations were only for the original airings of the episodes when there was a week between them. They're not needed on the DVDs.

Don't be so picky.

TheRATKING
06-21-2004, 08:55 PM
yea but there are somepeople that what the whole ep and not one thats been edited in any way

KROW
06-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Why?

Doesn't that seem picky or fickle to you?

TheRATKING
06-21-2004, 09:16 PM
no not at all

KROW
06-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Well...okay then. :)

cqb101
06-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Who cares? You already know what happens because you've got all the episodes. The recap narrations were only for the original airings of the episodes when there was a week between them. They're not needed on the DVDs.

Don't be so picky.

People are complaing because without those they aren't "complete" episoodes.....They're not how they originally aired.

KROW
06-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, I think it's fickle. I mean, some people can be so anal, you know?

TheRATKING
06-22-2004, 06:01 PM
they just want things done rite

KROW
06-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Done right? You mean perfect. Every detail just has to be in place or it'll start a bunch of complaints.

TheRATKING
06-22-2004, 06:22 PM
yea that sounds about rite :D

cqb101
06-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Done right? You mean perfect. Every detail just has to be in place or it'll start a bunch of complaints.

It's a good thing you weren't around when people were asking for them to be in widescreen....Seriously. They wanted them to be turned into widesreen from it's original form.....Sheesh.

KROW
06-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Oy vey.
The toon is already formatted originally in fullscreen. My head hurts now. :x :x