PDA

View Full Version : It's the cheer up Mars thread!

Mars-Chan
04-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey guys and gals...I just found out recently that my best friend Ian, who I went to high school with, is in the Navy and is over in Iraq fighting for our freedom. We, being his church family, found out from his family that he has been moved from Fijah (or whatever that place is called) to a more secret location.

I just hope, with God's devine grace, that he comes home all right. I don't want to have to accept the fact that my friend..nay..BEST friend died over in Iraq just because he wanted to defend our country. :cry:

Now, if you'll excuse me...*goes off into a corner to sulk*

damnhooligan
04-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Fallujah?

That's one sumbitch of a place to go. A hot spot, to be sure. I've got a few mates stationed in Fallujah, Mosul and Baghdad, so I more than understand the concern and anxiety.

Has your church considered sending care packages to his unit? Though it may seem like little more than a token, it can often mean the difference between a good week and a bad week for those deployed out in the field.

ThirdMarioBro
04-21-2004, 09:58 PM
That is so sad Mars. :( I hope that he is allright, and me and my friends will pray for him. :)

Jo Dawn
04-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Aww, Mars... *big hugs*

A member of my church (and also related to a relative of mine) is also fighting. He's been gone since the beginning. It's hard, I know. We all miss him so much.

I hope everything goes well... And I'm praying for your friend. *hugs again*

Machias Banshee
04-21-2004, 10:05 PM
Well, least i know i'm not alone on this now...

My Brother's been in Iraq since January..He's working in the headquarters, as far as i know. All these attacks make me worried... :sweatdro:

Just be Strong, Mars...

bufo
04-22-2004, 03:18 AM
I know what you are going through, my brother was sent to Afghanistan just after 9-11, I was so worried something would happen but thank god he came back without any harm

kyabetsu
04-22-2004, 04:46 AM
my father served for over a year in the FIRST gulf war. He DID come home with a "war injury," ...but it was a pulled back muscle from playing Ultimate Frisbee on the sand.

i can only hope all of the friends and family of the folks in this thread will come home safe and sound. and that their biggest problem is getting teased about having missed the half-time show with Janet J's fancy boobie.

Meira-Bates
04-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Awwww I hope all your folks and friends get back saftely. My dad took a small part in a war himself, but I was too young at the time to get it.

Ninjinister
04-22-2004, 08:33 AM
My prayers are with you... all of my deities will get attention pertaining to your friend.

Anarky
04-22-2004, 09:01 AM
i don't understand anyone who joins the army when he doesn't have to, and i never quite got why a country halfway 'round the world means such a threat to the allmighty US (besides cutting off oil supply)... but hell, that's another topic.

well, for those who were dumb enough to join one of these "freedom-fighter" clubs: i hope they come home safe, I really do. nobody should die during a war which he isn't even responsible for.

to cut it short: Frag off army, come home people, armies still are stupid

04-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I have skills that can better mankind. I would never join the army so I can go die and lose those skills. I remember they tried to convince me saying that I can use my computer skills in the army, too. Yeah, looking at data to find out the enemy is close to us and WHAM! Stray bullet to the side of the head. Okay, screw you, army.

I love my country, but not enough to lose everything for it. Anyway, I hope he comes home safe and can better himself afterwards.

ThirdMarioBro
04-22-2004, 09:25 AM
i don't understand anyone who joins the army when he doesn't have to, and i never quite got why a country halfway 'round the world means such a threat to the allmighty US (besides cutting off oil supply)... but hell, that's another topic.

well, for those who were dumb enough to join one of these "freedom-fighter" clubs: i hope they come home safe, I really do. nobody should die during a war which he isn't even responsible for.

to cut it short: Frag off army, come home people, armies still are stupid

Amen to that. The Army and all it freedom fighter machoness suck. Innocent people shouldn't have to die because someone said go die for my glory. I hope they come safe. :(

cqb101
04-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Awww, cheer up Mars. *hug* He'll be fine. The chances of something happening to him aren't that high.

Raven
04-22-2004, 04:40 PM
i wish this person that god would watch over them while there over in iraq.

InsaneZane
04-22-2004, 06:59 PM
I have another friend here thats goin thriough the same problem mars,
I'll pray for you your friend, myfrien, and my friend's friend

god be with you all
good luck with all that
try not to worry, gurl.......
everything will be fine.

Mars-Chan
04-22-2004, 08:24 PM
*blinks*

:o

Wow...I didn't think that anyone would actually post on this thing! *blink blink* I thought that some people would concider this another one of those kinda threads where the poster just rants on about how we don't need wars....but anyways...thanks everyone. :D

Now, if I didn't listen to "American Soldier" so much, I could get somewhere... :P