View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:12 AM   #46
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
It was a kid's show. The whole show was some kind of comedic and childlike (compared to the source material).

That the show went more comedic and childlike for season 2, and that season 1 was perhaps compared to other kid's properties at the same time not so childish, doesn't mean, it wasn't comedic and childlike at all.
You're talking about the show as a whole, but I'm talking about the villains (Bebop and Rocksteady specifically). I'm not saying that the show wasn't childlike, even in the first season, but most of the comedy in that miniseries focused on the turtles.

The villains in season 1 were relatively straightforward and didn't crack jokes like they did in season 2 onwards. They were still defeated in comedic ways by the turtles but their personalities were not yet developed into what we know them to be today.

I mean, both henchmutants were shown throwing around the turtles after choking them, and Rocksteady even acted pretty serious towards Shredder when he was insulted for not beating the turtles, something he would never do again

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote