View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Mary Jane joins her husband and daughter in combatting crime in Renew Your Vows

Quote:
Spider-Man has had a lot of costumes over the years, and sometimes he seems to swap them out simply to match his mood. Just last week Peter Parker put on a new Spider-Man costume in the pages of Spider-Man/Deadpool #8. However, it isn’t every day that Mary Jane Watson and Peter and MJ’s daughter, Annie, get superhero costumes of their own.

Okay, so Mary Jane did get a Spider-Man costume pretty recently, but she only wore it briefly. This new costume, designed by Ryan Stegman for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows series with writer Gerry Conway, seems like it is built to last for a good, long while. Stegman gave Mary Jane, a professional supermodel, a more fashionable take on the classic Spider-Man look.

“I wanted something sleek and fashionable,” Stegman says of Mary Jane’s design. “Because it's Mary Jane! The white sets her apart from Peter, and the eye mask I think is a nice touch. Mary Jane wouldn't want to cover her hair with a full-face mask!”

Stegman took a somewhat more personal approach to designing the costume for Annie, which has a “safety first” aesthetic to it.

“I approached it as a parent would, since I'm a parent myself,” Stegman explains. “I just taught my son to ride a bike and whenever he gets on that thing I pad him up something fierce. And as parents, MJ and Peter have to be terrified of their daughter swinging around the city of New York! So Annie reluctantly accepts their mandate that she is not allowed to go swinging around without her pads.”

Check out Stegman’s designs and his full cover for Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 in the gallery below. The issue goes on sale this fall as part of Marvel NOW!
http://comicbook.com/2016/08/17/excl...s-new-spider-m
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote