View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 12:46 AM   #139
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah those sound ridiculous. I believe it when I see them...
How do they sound ridiculous exactly? They fit the MCU's tendency to do things their way to a tea.

This is the same company behind Obese Surfer Thor remember. THAT was ridiculous, so par the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Well, this DOES tie in to the comics during JMS's run, where Peter publicly came out just before the Civil War rift and the whole One More Day debacle. They might be adapting that arc, though I have to say it is a bit misplaced, if so. His public outting as Spidey and siding officially with Tony on the SHRA was a big part of what caused his Aunt to get shot and his eventual deal with Mephisto to undo it all. So, not entirely implausible, but it seems a bit out of place as things stand right now in the MCU. If they really wanted to go that route with him, they should have introduced him much sooner and used his public announcement as part of what sets off the Accords and Civil War. But that's just my two cents.
I think it's better that it'd be beyond his control to be outed, many fans feel Peter doing it himself in the comics was poorly justified and went against his whole responsibility kick

Perhaps they're going to have to adapt OMD's sequel One Moment In Time, which is the company's in-universe "official" non-Mephisto explanation of how Peter had his identity restored and it involved Doctor Strange and even Reed Richards. Tony was involved in the original comic story, but obviously that's a bit impossible for the MCU right now.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-22-2019 at 04:39 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote