View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
You want a simple apologist answer or the real answer?
But the real answer is far less fun.
The writers of the Nick show didn't care. They either didn't know, remember or care that Krang used to look like a lizard or that he stole the Technodrome from the Predator's botched clone. And since the target audience were little kids who probably never watched the FW show and likely won't care enough to seek it out, why even bother with such details? It's not like the FW writers cared either, there episodes of that show with internal continuity errors.
I think the writers of the Nickelodeon cartoon did care, and didn't outright contract contradict the 1987 cartoon in their portrayal of it.

Throughout both of their crossovers, there are many references scattered throughout which the writers would've only known about had they done some research in the cartoon.

For example:

1. Shredder uses Chrome Dome Shampoo in the Big Blow Out.

2. 80's Leonardo alludes to the events of "Michelangelo's Birthday" when he refers to Shredder having turned them into balloons.

3. 80's Bebop refers to the turtles as having seen through their disguises of "old ladies". A clear jab at the old lady disguises that the duo occasionally used in the cartoon. (The Gang's All Here, Four Turtles and a Baby).

And by the way, How does Krang having a lizard form at one point in time, or having stolen his technodrome from Bezerkro in one point of time, contradict him being a cousin of Kraang-Subprime and being related to the Kraang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Anyway, I seriously hope we've seen the last of these things. All they do is try to pander to an ever shrinking segment of fanbase but end up pissing it off instead. All because the Super Friends-like trash relic isn't "being treated with the dignity it deserves".
While I highly doubt we are going to get another proper crossover with the 1987 turtles and Rise, your reaction would be the first that I'd want to see if we did

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 02-12-2019 at 04:10 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote