View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 04:51 AM   #16032
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
What I'm hoping for is this actually sticking to Romans character. Have him grapple with the fact that, for all his boasts, his talk about being the Big Dog and yards and such, he just can't beat Brock. He couldn't get it done at Wrestlemania 31 - WWE's tried to act like he came "so close" but he got whupped before Seth showed up - he got pinned in the Fatal Four Way at Summerslam last year, he got pinned at Wrestlemania and now he lost here too. You can do interesting things with that. Part of Romans problem is he's never really felt vulnerable. I don't know if that salvages him with crowds, but s***, it's worth a shot, isn't it?
Agreed, Reigns needs to start letting this affect him and showcase some sympathy and vulnerability. A little of what we saw at this year's 'Mania when he did his walk of shame. I felt a bit for him when he did that. The real problem with subsequent rematches is that not all of them can be 'Mania, so there's less blood, less f-5s, less mayhem...and it gets to a point Reigns defeating Lesnar ultimately falls kind of flat.

Quote:
D-Bry got to break the longest time spent in a Rumble at an hour and sixteen minutes. And man, dude looked like a freaking warrior. He got tore up so bad during the Rumble he had bruises all over his chest and arms.
I saw that, boy his chest looked it'd been cut open by wild animals.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote