View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #87
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just when I said there wasn't any marketing from Marvel...look what we got today

http://www.cbr.com/renew-your-vows-p...style-heroics/

Here's some highlights

Spoiler:

On the relationship

Quote:
Conway: My interests in this book was to portray a loving couple that may have problems, but their marriage is not a problem. Their relationship is solid. There’s no conflicts, other than the normal ones that come up in a marriage. I don’t think that’s something that people have done too much with, so I thought it would be fun to do.

Spoiler:

The world:

Quote:
Conway: Visually, it’s Manhattan. We didn’t take the direction of the “Renew Your Vows” miniseries that was published during “Secret Wars” did of a futuristic Manhattan. The notion here is our world was the Marvel Universe up to the point of “Brand New Day.” Then things continued without that big change. Things have also gone off track in certain ways, though. Some of the stories in our world developed in a different way.
On MJ's powers

Quote:
Conway: Right now, her spider powers are a result of technology from the Regent, where they’re being drawn from Peter. That’s going to cause some problems, because when she draws powers from Peter he gets weaker. At some point, she’s going to come up with a strategy to get her own unique set of abilities. That’s something for further on down the line.
On continuity

Quote:
Conway: The Regent did exist in this universe. My thinking is that after “Secret Wars,” this universe was reestablished, but much of the stuff that happened in that miniseries still occurred. So, as I mentioned, we don’t have the high tech future world from that mini, but the Regent did attempt to take over the world and he was put down by Peter, Mary Jane and Annie, together.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-16-2016 at 12:02 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote