The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #21
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quick question for you guys - do you think one of the 8" Thundercats Classics figures would be too big for a 'toon-style Shredder? I want him in scale with the classic TMNT figures...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #22
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I don't think so, can you post a comparison picture?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #23
Wes
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Quick question for you guys - do you think one of the 8" Thundercats Classics figures would be too big for a 'toon-style Shredder? I want him in scale with the classic TMNT figures...
*I* don't think so, but then you know that from my mentioning it every two posts on TheFwoosh.

My main idea is still for me to actually finish something (!!), but I'd love to see a Renet from DCUC Big Barda.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
tengushredder
Foot Soldier

anyone did the 4 foot mystics and a chrell'? that would be awesome
tengushredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
*I* don't think so, but then you know that from my mentioning it every two posts on TheFwoosh.

My main idea is still for me to actually finish something (!!), but I'd love to see a Renet from DCUC Big Barda.
Sorry Wes, wasn't aware that you'd mentioned it!

TenguShredder - I've made a small Ch'rell, if that's what you mean...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #26
TVsRobLowe
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yeah, It will work. I've had a Lion-O sitting here for me to get around to it. Picked it up on Amazon back when they had them for 4 dollars.
TVsRobLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Anybody know how to add whiskers to a custom figure? I'm making a custom Splinter and would like to add just a few thin 3d whiskers sticking out, but now sure how it can be done/what materials to use. Any tips would be great thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #28
TVsRobLowe
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Anybody know how to add whiskers to a custom figure? I'm making a custom Splinter and would like to add just a few thin 3d whiskers sticking out, but now sure how it can be done/what materials to use. Any tips would be great thanks.
I would get some fishing wire for the whiskers, and poke holes in the figure for the wire to go in using a thumb-tack.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #29
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVsRobLowe View Post
I would get some fishing wire for the whiskers, and poke holes in the figure for the wire to go in using a thumb-tack.
Thanks for the info, that sounds like it might work. I'll probably give that a try soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #30
Wes
Mad Scientist

Quote:
TenguShredder - I've made a small Ch'rell, if that's what you mean...
Yes, and I made a larger 2K3 Shredder... I want to say other folks have as well, but I'm blanking on that. I used such a simple recipe; I'm surprised the threads aren't overflowing with similar Shredders!

Speaking of recipes, do you guys have any ideas for a full Armaggon custom? I got stuck on the legs... the BAF Kilowog/Arkillo/etc. legs would work, but they're a bit out of proportion with the Mojo arms and I'm married to the Mojo arms. They're perfect.

Also -- do we have any ideas for a Ninjara? I totally want to make that too, and I think a DCUC female base would be nice... but of course I get stuck at the legs. Could always take one of those nature line wolves/foxes/etc. and articulate the legs from scratch, but it seems like there should be an easier path! Also, the head. Part of me wants to take a nature line fox head for something realistic looking; the other part wants to hunt down some animated fox head... or take an anime catgirl head and graft a muzzle onto it.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #31
Topsu
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Speaking of recipes, do you guys have any ideas for a full Armaggon custom? I got stuck on the legs... the BAF Kilowog/Arkillo/etc. legs would work, but they're a bit out of proportion with the Mojo arms and I'm married to the Mojo arms. They're perfect.

Also -- do we have any ideas for a Ninjara? I totally want to make that too, and I think a DCUC female base would be nice... but of course I get stuck at the legs. Could always take one of those nature line wolves/foxes/etc. and articulate the legs from scratch, but it seems like there should be an easier path! Also, the head. Part of me wants to take a nature line fox head for something realistic looking; the other part wants to hunt down some animated fox head... or take an anime catgirl head and graft a muzzle onto it.
How about Movie Kilowog legs for Armaggon? And Ninjara is pretty hard to tackle, I tried it, but didn't really like it. It would need smaller female body IMO, since legs tend to give her height.
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #32
Marksenad
Foot Soldier

A rahza mutation wolf head could work as it's small and decent detail?
Marksenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #33
TVsRobLowe
Foot Soldier

I was working on a New X-Men era Beast a few years ago, and he has similar digitigrade legs as Ninjara. I wish I had a picture on me, but all I did was build an extension out of epoxy on to the foot of the base figure, extending the foot to dog-like proportions and added a foot pad + toes at the end.

It was simple, looked right, and worked well. I'll see if I can take a picture when I get home.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #34
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'm working on my new Armaggon, and here's what I have so far...
Mojo ML BAF arms as you suggested.

Rot Lop Fan from the new Green Lantern movie figures upper torso, I've ripped the head off and will replace that with a shark head, and some missile launching accessories that hill retain the action. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images...vie-fig-01.jpg

Legs: this is tricky, because the area where the torso will meet the legs will have to be measured and cut, then sculpt to make the sides meet. I'm going to use Hoof from McFarlane's Total Carnage line's legs. Added bonus the figure comes with a missile launcher and the rhino head can(and will) be used as part of a Rocksteady custom. These legs are stumpy and short, and Armaggon had that goin' on.

Tail: though there are some size and accuracy issues, a Hellboy tail will fit perfectly into the tail peg for hoof. I'm debating using this because i like the articulation, but I want accuracy.

Last edited by Lordmylar06; 01-30-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #35
Wes
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsu View Post
How about Movie Kilowog legs for Armaggon? And Ninjara is pretty hard to tackle, I tried it, but didn't really like it. It would need smaller female body IMO, since legs tend to give her height.
Haha, even Kilowog shouldn't have those legs! The suggestion is appreciated (and would work well, if the legs were better), but man, that Kilowog. That toy was depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksenad View Post
A rahza mutation wolf head could work as it's small and decent detail?
Yes... but it's also ugly! We should want to sleep with Ninjara. Do you want to sleep with Rahzar?

Wait -- I forgot where I was. Don't answer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVsRobLowe View Post
I was working on a New X-Men era Beast a few years ago, and he has similar digitigrade legs as Ninjara. I wish I had a picture on me, but all I did was build an extension out of epoxy on to the foot of the base figure, extending the foot to dog-like proportions and added a foot pad + toes at the end.
Hm, interesting -- I look forward to seeing a pic. Admittedly, I'm leaning towards a look that truncates the distance between the knee and the ankle; I don't know how anatomically correct it'd be, but I don't think it'd look bad and would correct for the height issue Lordmylar mentioned. The idea would be along the lines of this:

http://joshdancato.deviantart.com/ar...jara-244719935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
I'm working on my new Armaggon, and here's what I have so far... Rot Lop Fan from the new Green Lantern movie figures upper torso, I've ripped the head off and will replace that with a shark head, and some missile launching accessories that hill retain the action. ... I'm going to use Hoof from McFarlane's Total Carnage line's legs. ... Tail: though there are some size and accuracy issues, a Hellboy tail will fit perfectly into the tail peg for hoof. I'm debating using this because i like the articulation, but I want accuracy.
Interesting. I CRINGE at the use of Rot Lop Fan, but mainly because I think that's one of the finest figures Mattel has put out and I wouldn't want to chop him up for oodles of stuff. I look forward to seeing WIP shots, though! For mine (whenever I figure out the legs), I'm just going to take the tail from a toy shark -- I needed one for the front fins anyway (I'll attach them to the Mojo arms), and I don't really need articulation since I'm going to have a shorter tail a la the Tournament Fighters interpretation. The legs are where I want more articulation, but that's going to be tricky.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #36
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I CRINGE at the use of Rot Lop Fan, but mainly because I think that's one of the finest figures Mattel has put out and I wouldn't want to chop him up for oodles of stuff.
I picked one up at my local toys r us for 6 bucks and some change. He's on clearance! If you have a coupon and haven't already decided to use it on other things, he's relatively cheap fodder. I'll send some pics your way soon.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #37
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
We should want to sleep with Ninjara. Do you want to sleep with Rahzar?
This is going in my signature. It is one of the funniest things I've EVER read.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 AM   #38
Marksenad
Foot Soldier

Hey you were the one who asked... Now i feel awful. Better go dress up as a wolf, that should cheer me up
Marksenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #39
grungethemovie
Foot Soldier

so... i guess i'll still be making rocksteady and bebop
grungethemovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 AM   #40
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'm sure you'll put Playmates to shame, sir.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 01-31-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote