The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #761
CyberCubed
Overlord

Was bringing the giant mouser back in #57 that we hadn't seen since like issue 9 (I think?), basically done to re-use a cool design that didn't get much screentime? It only had two panels back in #9 and its been 4 years since then, so I was happy to see it again. I think I recall someone stating they wish they had used it again so I guess that's what we got, right?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #762
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Sounds literal to me, but I suppose it's open to interpretation. Hard to say about Karai. That's one of those areas that we purposefully leave vague-- gives us something to play with in the future if we want to. There's a lot of specifics we have planned out well ahead of time, but I'd say there's just us much we haven't formally decided on so that we can keep things flexible for the future, should we desire to revisit.
Oh, the possibilities.

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #763
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Was bringing the giant mouser back in #57 that we hadn't seen since like issue 9 (I think?), basically done to re-use a cool design that didn't get much screentime? It only had two panels back in #9 and its been 4 years since then, so I was happy to see it again. I think I recall someone stating they wish they had used it again so I guess that's what we got, right?
Ha, I don't really know. I was surprised to see it in the script, Tom and I had not discussed it. This is a question for him!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:10 PM   #764
Zage
Hench Mutant

Quote:
In addition to previous Rat Kings, he's a bit Nosferatsu, Loki and Joker. Those aren't active inspirations, but things I just thought of upon pondering the question.
Was Riff Raff, from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, also an inspiration, for the current Rat King? I ask, cause that's who I first thought of, when I first saw him.

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?

Last edited by Zage; 05-10-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:04 AM   #765
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zage View Post
Was Riff Raff. from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, also an inspiration, for the current Rat King? I ask, cause that's who I first thought of, when I first saw him.
Omg great comparison haha
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #766
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zage View Post
Was Riff Raff. from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, also an inspiration, for the current Rat King? I ask, cause that's who I first thought of, when I first saw him.
Not that i'm aware of!
Old 05-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #767
neatoman
Emperor

When we see Zog in the Battle Nexus, is he the same Zog seen in Utrom Empire? If so, how much time had passed for him between those two appearances?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #768
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yes, same Zog. A good deal of time has passed for him, though I don't have exact period in mind. We've played very fast and loose with how time differences work between dimensions, as shown by Utroms from dino times being around in the present day.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #769
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Yes, same Zog. A good deal of time has passed for him, though I don't have exact period in mind. We've played very fast and loose with how time differences work between dimensions, as shown by Utroms from dino times being around in the present day.
Another question I've been meaning to ask, did the Utroms time travel or is it just a wonky relationship between dimensions as far as time is concerned? You seem to imply the latter.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #770
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yeah, in my head, it's kind of both, they can control the amount of time that passes as they travel between whichever dimension, but it's always moving forward. So they come to earth a million years ago, go back to Dimension X in for what is to them just a week or so... then they return to Earth, and it could be thousands of years later.

If that makes sense? Couple that with the healing powers of Ooze, and the same Utroms could have been around earth for a long time.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #771
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The Ooze situation is pretty interesting now that the Utroms are out. They'd have to start weaning themselves off dependency since it's in such short supply, even if some of them try to go out and fight Hob for what he has. There's so little left that it probably wouldn't last them much longer, maybe not even another generation, unless they limit it to tiny amounts like surface wounds.

Speaking of Utroms and wonky dimension traveling, would they have gone into stasis in about the 1700s?

It would be between Saki attacking Krang in the 1600's (which Quanin alludes to; it seems like Krang's great Noodle Incident) and Krang operating with pirates in the 1800's. Going under in the 1700's would explain how the Utroms understood English - maybe learning it from the Dutch who visited Japan or even hanging around England.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #772
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

That guess sounds about right to me.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:07 AM   #773
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Are the game characters from the TMNT: Tournament Fighters off-limits? (Sisyphus and Aska)? Are they owned by Konami?
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #774
neatoman
Emperor

The latest issue opened up a few questions:
  1. What's going to happen to Traag and Granitor?
  2. Speaking of them, did they know they wouldn't be able to breathe after the terraforming and if so, where did Krang offer for them to live?
  3. Why did Krang abandon the mutant army plan?
  4. Why was Leatherhead so overwhelmed by the city's sounds/smells?
  5. Any particular heroics Ch'rell performed?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #775
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
Are the game characters from the TMNT: Tournament Fighters off-limits? (Sisyphus and Aska)? Are they owned by Konami?
I don't believe we can use them, no.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #776
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The latest issue opened up a few questions:
  1. What's going to happen to Traag and Granitor?
  2. Speaking of them, did they know they wouldn't be able to breathe after the terraforming and if so, where did Krang offer for them to live?
  3. Why did Krang abandon the mutant army plan?
  4. Why was Leatherhead so overwhelmed by the city's sounds/smells?
  5. Any particular heroics Ch'rell performed?
1) We won't see them for a while, but will eventually, so can't really speculate at this point.

2) I would think that Krang intended for them to return to Dimension X, or that he'd set up a way for them survive in the Technodrome. But that plan went out the window after the Foot/Turtle attack.

3) I don't think he ever really did-- He had Stockgen developing more mutants. He was just spending more resources on speeding up the Technodrome project as more threats to himself accumulated.

4) He'd been living on a relatively secluded island his entire life. I know I was a little overwhelmed when I first came to NYC from North Carolina!

5) I don't have anything specific in mind, maybe Tom does. Just general backstory at this point.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #777
Xav
Foot Elite

Krang is seen using human-like soldiers in Dimension X. Does that mean the Human Federation exists in the IDW universe?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #778
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I would imagine that what Ch'rell's heroics were to Utroms, were war crimes to Honeycutt and others. So whenever we learn what exactly Ch'rell's crimes were, Utroms would not think they are so. Kleve and Montuoro least of all.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #779
Ninjinister
無問題

Probably not anything anybody in this thread so far can answer, but I figured I'd give it a shot: what were each of the Arkham inmates mutated into (there's been some disagreement amongst us on a few) and what was the logic behind each?
Old 05-12-2016, 03:20 AM   #780
neatoman
Emperor

Have the Turtles and/or the Fugitoid removed vital components of the Technodrome? They wouldn't leave a thing like that fully operational right?
Hahahaha!

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz