The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #7361
Katie
Just...way too serious.

One thing I've always noticed about "nice guys" is that they punch waaaaaay above their weight class with women. Supermodel types aren't going to date your typical internet dweller. Yet if a girl more in their weight class comes along and shows interest, they put her down for not being good enough for them.

Also noticed most "nice guys" give all the red flags of being super controlling in relationships. Like you're expected to do what they say with no question and be available to them whenever they want, who cares what you want. Seems like a lot of them want suuuuuper young girls or foreign girls because they're easier to control.

I had nice guy experience. He was nice for like a week. Then he became super abusive, mentally and physically, and super controlling. He was so insecure about me leaving him. All he did was make me want to get rid of him. And I did. I don't play that game.

I never trust anyone who leads with how nice they are and how much better they will treat me. It's bullsh!t.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:48 PM   #7362
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In a new issue...

Microchip implants = Mark of the Beast

I mean...how???

Sure, there might be some moral discussion with microchip implants, but "mark of the beast" is hardly an argument. Invasion of privacy is one (except that they won't have GPS), and the issues of having a foreign object in one's body is another, and what happens when someone leaves that job for one reason or another.

And God knows Matt Groening needs to have accidentally predicted another thing twenty years ahead of when they happened. First President Trump, now "career chips"?
Old 07-24-2017, 07:14 PM   #7363
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

If a person's friend asked them to tell her/him about the person they've been seeing/talking to and all they had to say was "he/she's nice," I think that would understandably sound pretty dull and "why bother" if there doesn't seem to be anything they could actually click over or admire/respect/appreciate in the other person.

yep, bingo. that's all i was trying to get at. and sometimes even if you do have something that clicks, some people arn't always interested in the nice guy. some guys or gals go for someone with a little more, if not danger to them, at least a spark of something beyond nice. adventure, excitement, un unexpectedness....they could have all the physical parameters down that a person looks for, but if all they are is please yes and thank you....that might get boring after a while.

oh well.. onto the next...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #7364
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
In a new issue...

Microchip implants = Mark of the Beast

I mean...how???

Sure, there might be some moral discussion with microchip implants, but "mark of the beast" is hardly an argument. Invasion of privacy is one (except that they won't have GPS), and the issues of having a foreign object in one's body is another, and what happens when someone leaves that job for one reason or another.

And God knows Matt Groening needs to have accidentally predicted another thing twenty years ahead of when they happened. First President Trump, now "career chips"?
Mark of the beast is both a chip and a tattoo of sorts. Used to show loyatly and allow purchasing after the Rapture....

So, they tell these folks the chip won't have gps, but will they be able to tell? What are the downsides to having this thing imbedded in their body? Quit, and it has to come out... Habe some kind of accident and its cracked or broken under the skin and employee gets sick?

No person should allow anything to be embedded under their skin in order to get a job... or buy/sell goods.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #7365
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Exactly. Being nice to some one isn't a golden ticket into their pants. And if you're being nice to someone in order to get into your their pants, I've got news for you....you're not that nice.

Maybe dudes should stop treating 'chics' like they're vending machines that you put nice into, and get sex out of.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rejection.png

XKCD is so great for this conversation:
I have no desire for hookups. I'm tired of being genuinely interested in a woman, only to find out I'm good enouh to talk to and build her confidence up just for her to go sleep with some ******* with a beard, a ton of cash and treats her like crap as he flirts with every other woman with low standards and large assets...
Old 07-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #7366
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The biggest thing is that Charlie DOESN'T have a chance, which is why the UK doctors had to make the tough call to stop treating him. Because as sad as it is to let a literal baby die from his condition, it's barbaric to put him through a therapy that hasn't had any testing, and would only force him to grow up with no quality of life, having to depend on doctors and hospitalization until the day he dies. Which is happening anyway.
The problem is here is that had the parents been allowed to try this treatment, it would have been months ago where it might have been possible, even remotely, to make a difference. But we will never know because the hospital said "nah, it ain't worth it" and stopped treating the kid... same thing happened to my Gram 2 years ago when they said shehad cancer and she wantes treatment but they wouldn't so she died. Doctor almost got a fist in the face when he told my Aunt & dad that "why bother since shes so old?". That was his ENTIRE reason for not treating her. Doctors should not get that choice. The patient or their loved ones.

Hell, it took like 20 years and six doctors before I got a ct scan and simple bloodwork that showed the tumor in my head. All because those doctors knew better and I didn't need bloodwork or a ct scan...
Old 07-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #7367
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Yeah, apparently being regarded as a friend is punishment
Not so much punishment, but if a woman keeps flirting after a guy expresses interest AND keeps sending pics of her cleavage, or pics of her just wearing bubbles in the tub.... stop being a tease. No one wants to be teased or lead on...

If you aren't interested, its pretty easy to make sure you don't keep showing an interest thats not really there.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #7368
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

With someone who does that stuff, makes me wonder how they'd react if you (figurative 'you') fought back and did fun stuff hanging out with and meeting other people, including members of the opposite sex, then sent fun 'selfie' pics with said opposite sex members to the 'tease' and tell them all about the GREAT time you've been having, ensuring to go on and on about it.

Grind... my Brother in law dragging a presumably wet (via basement rain water) carpet up from the basement. It must have been rubbing against the open basement and porch doors on it's way out to the porch (directly across from each other), just on the other side of the computer room door, that was making some freaky noise. We'd been having a storm, with warnings, and though it has now past the nearest thing my mind could come up with was it sounding like a weird wind, getting louder as it went, and suddenly worrying there was a tornado or something. Too tired and worn out from work the past days for this crap or thinking of slightly more reasonable explanations. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-24-2017 at 08:05 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #7369
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I have no desire for hookups. I'm tired of being genuinely interested in a woman, only to find out I'm good enouh to talk to and build her confidence up just for her to go sleep with some ******* with a beard, a ton of cash and treats her like crap as he flirts with every other woman with low standards and large assets...
Women aren't vending machines that you put nice into and get sex out of.
You are not entitled to sex because you listen.
You are not entitled to a relationship because you engage in the minimum amount of effort it takes to be a decent human being.

We are not the participation trophy you're looking for.
[/jedi mind trick]

If someone you are friends with sends you unsolicited personal photographs, tell them to stop. If they do not stop, they are not your friend.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #7370
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
You are not entitled to a relationship because you engage in the minimum amount of effort it takes to be a decent human being.

[/jedi mind trick]

If someone you are friends with sends you unsolicited personal photographs, tell them to stop. If they do not stop, they are not your friend.
We haven't agreed on much before, but I salute this post. Well said.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 PM   #7371
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:

[/jedi mind trick]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
We haven't agreed on much before, but I salute this post. Well said.
Agreed.
If only more people realized all that.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:40 AM   #7372
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Not so much punishment, but if a woman keeps flirting after a guy expresses interest AND keeps sending pics of her cleavage, or pics of her just wearing bubbles in the tub.... stop being a tease. No one wants to be teased or lead on...

If you aren't interested, its pretty easy to make sure you don't keep showing an interest thats not really there.
If it is flirting, though. So many guys just assumes being nice or engage in a conversation with them is flirting, to the point I've gotten a whole lot more reserved and near stopped using smileys and emojis when dealing with guys I don't know, cause just a simple smiley seems to mean "I want you now and send all the dick pics".
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #7373
snake
Disgusting

lol no woman is sending pics of her in the tub to mrmaczaps
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:13 AM   #7374
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Complaining about not being in a relationship is the least attractive thing you can do. No one wants to get involved with someone who is desperate for companionship, because you can't tell if they are into you personally, or just the relationship itself.

Everyone has their own wants, needs, hopes, plans, etc. and yours aren't more important than theirs. If you keep failing, maybe get some professional help (not that kind of professional :-p). Might be you need to work on yourself for a while.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:34 AM   #7375
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
lol no woman is sending pics of her in the tub to mrmaczaps
You'd be surprised dumbass.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:36 AM   #7376
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
With someone who does that stuff, makes me wonder how they'd react if you (figurative 'you') fought back and did fun stuff hanging out with and meeting other people, including members of the opposite sex, then sent fun 'selfie' pics with said opposite sex members to the 'tease' and tell them all about the GREAT time you've been having, ensuring to go on and on about it.
Not worth the time, energy or anything else to bother...
Old 07-25-2017, 06:27 AM   #7377
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
If it is flirting, though. So many guys just assumes being nice or engage in a conversation with them is flirting, to the point I've gotten a whole lot more reserved and near stopped using smileys and emojis when dealing with guys I don't know,
i can understand that. it's tough to gauge interest for some people.

but, i also learned a new term last year, casual flirting. some people may just do it naturally and not even notice. i asked someone out to coffee that i thought i had a rapport with and the look of shock and horror i got the next day was all i needed to know that i made another big mistake.... sigh. so damn embarrassed.

I miss the days of cavemen interest. women or men hit you on the head with giant club, drag one back to the cave. simple, elegant...to the point. no messing around with guessing.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #7378
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The problem with that, is that it never happened.
Kind of like how the friend zone doesn't exist.

Learn to play better with others.
Learn to accept rejection gracefully.
Life will go much easier for you when you do.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #7379
snake
Disgusting

The friend zone does exist. You could be the right person in the wrong place or time.

Not saying that Virgin-San and MacDaddyKapz had a chance, but to write a situation off as "not existing" is stupid.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:45 AM   #7380
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The friend zone does exist. You could be the right person in the wrong place or time.

Not saying that Virgin-San and MacDaddyKapz had a chance, but to write a situation off as "not existing" is stupid.
What's your beef dude? Got a rock stuck up you butthole?