The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #261
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Has anybody else seen figures that do NOT have the Pizza Point stickers on the front?

There is one Target in my area that none of the figures on the pegs had the stickers on them. I have yet to open any so I don't know if there are points in them or not, but the back of the card still has the Pizza Points logo on them.

This was at a Walmart near me this morning:

Only three of them were April. Seems like the April numbers are going to be really low for this release.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #262
craigtheowl
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Did they have the Pizza Points Sticker on the blister?
Yeah they did. The three that didn't have them all seemed to be from the same case. I picked up two figures at a different location that both had the slips. Could be a QC issue on Playmates side of things.
craigtheowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #263
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, my Walmart did not get that display, at least not that I've seen so far. (And having access to the back as a vendor that display prob would be obvious enough.)

Unless there are still more that were not put out yet, mine has only about the equivalent of about just four or five of those, er, cubbies and they just put them were 2012 stuff had been, so some of you guys are getting a lot in comparison. And just one April among them so I guess that amounts to one shipment set?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #264
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
Has anybody else seen figures that do NOT have the Pizza Point stickers on the front?
Yes. I found all of the basic figures without the stickers across two different Target stores.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #265
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

i kinda hope they have a crazy-psycho casey jones like in the orginal series with a wicked design.. hmm. anyway, here are some of the figures i got, gave them some weapons, painted don's brows. and i think the foot soldiers are by far my favorite versions. i dunno about you but i think there's a hint we'll see shredder in the future in the cartoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmnttoysss'.jpg (21.2 KB, 35 views)

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:06 AM   #266
BertTheStormtrooper
Thug

Hello everyone!
I have some reviews of the new figures and vehicles if anyone wants to see them

Bert the Stormtrooper Reviews! 2018, Rise of the TMNT Figures Review Pt.1!

Bert the Stormtrooper Reviews! 2018, RISE of the TMNT TurtleTank Vehicle Playset!

BertTheStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #267
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
i kinda hope they have a crazy-psycho casey jones like in the orginal series with a wicked design.. hmm.
So much THIS. I'd actually been thinking the same thing. A Casey more in that old Fred Wolf, flat-out unhinged, weirdo loner lunatic mold would fit this series perfectly.

Also, finally picked up a couple of figs. Got a Donnie and Meat Sweats with nice paint overall. Most at the Target I got them still looked pretty sloppy and bad though.

I would also definitely love to see Revoltech do these Turtles justice like they did with the 2012 versions.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #268
Leo656
The Franchise

My Target finally got them in this week apparently. They just squished the Star Wars toys a little closer together and moved the Power Rangers toys two pegs to the left. The pegs were completely full, but they didn't have much; three Leos, two Donatellos, one April, and the rest were assorted villains. Around 15-20 figures altogether.

They did have the lair and some other accessory that I forget, possibly a vehicle. I'm not surprised they didn't go all-in on a big display because, as I mentioned, they appeared to take a bath on the last few TMNT series they had in a couple years ago.

Sadly, the lair looks pretty cool up close, but it's $130, so they can eat my ass.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #269
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

$130? Yikes. Maybe ask Santa? lol But wow, and I thought my Walmart didn't have much. No lair though. (Or is that just a Target thing?)

Did see today that they put out one each of the deluxe figures and one each of the Leo and Mikey bike things.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #270
Leo656
The Franchise

I know! Previous series Lair playsets generally retailed for around $50, as I recall. I expected between that and maybe $70. To be fair, it's apparently 40-something inches tall fully-assembled and even just the box is about 3 feet tall, but still. I don't see them moving too many of these; Most parents I know would consider any toy in that price range to be quite extravagant, even for Christmas or something. Like, you could almost buy a video game console for that, depending. It's neat-lookin' but it's still just hollow plastic and cardboard.

I don't think the Lairs are a Target exclusive; more likely, some stores simply won't order them in bulk, if at all. It takes up a LOT of shelf space - the Lairs took up more space than ALL of the TMNT figures themselves, including the Deluxe ones - and there's no promise they'll ever move. At this place, almost any non-Lego toy priced at more than $50 doesn't get sold until it hits the Clearance section a year later for $30-50. If that happens, I'll bite.

No big deal. I'll stick to my original plan of picking up a used 2K3 Lair on Ebay and giving it a proper repaint. I don't even have that many TMNT figures to display, I just thought this new Lair looked cool. And it does. But not "$130 Cool."

Old 10-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #271
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I know! Previous series Lair playsets generally retailed for around $50, as I recall. I expected between that and maybe $70.
I don't think that they have sold a lair playset for that price since the original line. The 2003 lair may have been closer, but I think even that sold for at least $75. The 2012 lair originally sold for $129 for the first year when it was a TRU exclusive. It was only when stores started competing on the price that it dropped to $100. And since Toys R Us is gone and Walmart doesn't seem to be planning on carrying this set in stores, Target can charge extra simply because they are the only store to have them on shelves. (Though Walmart still has them on their website for $120 if you want to save some money.)

Old 10-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #272
Leo656
The Franchise

It's been about ten years since I went out every weekend toy shopping, I'll grant.

I do remember seeing the 2012 Lair at this Target and it definitely wasn't more than $100. It's possible it had a yellow Clearance sticker, though, I don't remember.

I absolutely will not spend more than $75 for something I have no room for and only want as a cute way to display my collection of TMNT figures so they don't have to live in the cardboard box they currently reside in. It's a nice piece, but not that nice. We'll see what it goes for in a few months.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #273
tmntman
Mad Scientist

If the 2012 line is any indication, you should be able to start picking these up cheap on Craigslist starting early next year. I see a fairly steady stream of the various 2012versions pop up around here simply because they are so big that if the kids aren't constantly playing with them, the parents want to get it out of the way right away.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #274
BertTheStormtrooper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
$130? Yikes. Maybe ask Santa? lol But wow, and I thought my Walmart didn't have much. No lair though. (Or is that just a Target thing?)

Did see today that they put out one each of the deluxe figures and one each of the Leo and Mikey bike things.

Target currently has a $25 off any purchase of $100 or more coupon that you can get with an app. If you have a red card that's another 5 or 10% off so you can get the playset right now for about $90.

Good luck hunting!
BertTheStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #275
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I know! Previous series Lair playsets generally retailed for around $50, as I recall. I expected between that and maybe $70. To be fair, it's apparently 40-something inches tall fully-assembled and even just the box is about 3 feet tall, but still. I don't see them moving too many of these; Most parents I know would consider any toy in that price range to be quite extravagant, even for Christmas or something. Like, you could almost buy a video game console for that, depending. It's neat-lookin' but it's still just hollow plastic and cardboard.
And as rough as a lot of kids will be on it? Nooo no no no. Any kid that gets that outside of Christmas or birthday is spoiled rotten, and maybe even still. lol

If they take up that much space though then maybe that partly explains the lack at mine, given the small area they have put the figures on the hoods. No shelf space unless they were to put them out of reach overhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertTheStormtrooper View Post
Target currently has a $25 off any purchase of $100 or more coupon that you can get with an app. If you have a red card that's another 5 or 10% off so you can get the playset right now for about $90.

Good luck hunting!
Sadly no app, smart phone or card, but that sounds like a good savings for anyone who has room for this thing.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:54 PM   #276
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Just bought the three villains from target. Did not include pizza points.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #277
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

http://www.pizzapointsrewards.com

The pizza points website is now live, and it is indeed true, all 4 turtles for $15 and they seem to be the SDCC set.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #278
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
http://www.pizzapointsrewards.com

The pizza points website is now live, and it is indeed true, all 4 turtles for $15 and they seem to be the SDCC set.
I just tried buying them and it says I don’t have enough points to add that to my cart. It doesn’t say anything about a minimum number of points does it?
Old 10-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #279
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Yeah mine did that too, but it let me go on and make the purchase. I’m thinking it must be a glitch as no points are required and I hadn’t entered any of mine in yet.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #280
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
Yeah mine did that too, but it let me go on and make the purchase. I’m thinking it must be a glitch as no points are required and I hadn’t entered any of mine in yet.
Yeah it just let me in too. I’m still bummed that my figures didn’t come with points. I tried contacting the email on both icloud and gmail and both said the address couldn’t be found.

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys