The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #3601
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
WOW...awesome!!....idk where you guys find this stuff!!

On a side note.....I always read the panel as ..."could be a turd"...and it always makes me giggle
Great... Now I'M going to always read it that was too!!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #3602
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

And one more! http://cafurl.com?i=23787
Old 05-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #3603
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Good lord, man. Incredible.

Do you have any display pics of your collection? I would love to see these crazy historic pieces framed up. I have a ton of art to frame and need some inspiration!

Congrats on that score. Damn.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #3604
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Wow, you've got one big iconic page there! Congrats!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #3605
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Good lord, man. Incredible.

Do you have any display pics of your collection? I would love to see these crazy historic pieces framed up. I have a ton of art to frame and need some inspiration!

Congrats on that score. Damn.
Thanks man! I do have some pics somewhere, need to dig them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Wow, you've got one big iconic page there! Congrats!
Thanks super excited about it!
Old 05-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #3606
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

That Shredder splash page is really one of a kind and a centerpiece to any collection. However, I’ve always wanted the two splash pages from that issue where the Turtles enter the antique shop and encounter Shredder and the foot. I know who owns those pages. I plan to make those part of my permanent collection sooner than later since I think I can finally make an offer this person can’t refuse within the next year.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #3607
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post

Dude! How did you get that? I was there when Laird signed it and gave it to Steve.

Congrats on another big score.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #3608
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Big congrats! I saw when Steve made the Shellbacks FB post about selling an iconic high-dollar page, and I emailed him and Dee about it immediately. We went back and forth for a day or so, and they mentioned they were also talking to one other interested buyer, so I figured it was either Peter Palmer or you. It's definitely gone to a good home!
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #3609
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

I'm actually not even on FB so didn't even know about it that way... But was super happy to hear about it being offered as that was always THE Shredder piece in my eye so I immediately jumped. As usual, had to sell some to buy some but that's how I've always operated. It's tough letting pieces go sometimes, esp at this point in my collecting where most of the OA I have left are keepers. But this was one of those times where something HAD to give to make room for this bad boy. Besides, keeps things fresh Can't wait to get it framed!
Old 05-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #3610
BlueBandana
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I'm actually not even on FB so didn't even know about it that way... But was super happy to hear about it being offered as that was always THE Shredder piece in my eye so I immediately jumped. As usual, had to sell some to buy some but that's how I've always operated. It's tough letting pieces go sometimes, esp at this point in my collecting where most of the OA I have left are keepers. But this was one of those times where something HAD to give to make room for this bad boy. Besides, keeps things fresh Can't wait to get it framed!
Yeah, would love to see a photo when it's framed! I passed on it because I'm not a fan of personalization in general, and felt like Pete's words to Steve made it inherently "for him," if that makes sense. I know some OA collectors aren't bothered about personalization but, personally, it was too large for me to "get over" for the price that Steve wanted. I thought it better to use that money to pursue other Leo-centric pieces instead - me owning that Shredder page in a sea of Leo art would make it stick out like a sore thumb, ha ha, so it's definitely a great addition to your collection.

Last edited by BlueBandana; 05-12-2019 at 08:38 PM.
BlueBandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:15 PM   #3611
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Yup, I can definitely agree with that. I have a number of these early pages and good chunk were originally given away (and personalized) by kev and/or pete. Usually they did it small and in the margins but for this one Pete opted not to for whatever reason. It's such an iconic piece for me at least, that I could look past it esp as none of the actual art was covered by the inscription. With these one of kind pieces sometimes have to make allowance for condition depending on content. But I can see how it'd put people off.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #3612
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Incredible pickup bro. When I saw you selling recently I was guessing it might be this piece you were going for. Amazing!
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #3613
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Anyone pick up the page from #5, #7, or #9 that just ended on Comic Link? They all went for less than I thought they would!!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #3614
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

What did they go for? I completely forgot about them. If they went for low prices I'll be pissed I didn't try and grab one.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #3615
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Nevermind, I just saw. Wow, that's just crazy low. I kind of wish I grabbed the issue 7 page, it would have been a great chance to have the TMNT origin.

If prices have dropped that much, I may have hope of owning a RTNY Zog page.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:41 AM   #3616
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Issue #7 page makes sense as there's no main characters on it. Surprised that the issue #5 page went for less mind you.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:29 AM   #3617
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Yeah my #5 page on Heritage went somewhat low too. I was watching the CLink pages but couldn't swing them even at the low prices. Even the Gobbledygook #2 original cover went for a cool $1,700. Congrats to whoever won them! The #8 page and the page from Fugitoid #1 were especially good deals.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #3618
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

The Savanti Remero page went for $600! I still can't believe it. It had, albeit small, TMNT in the top panel. Great grabs. If the OA market is crashing, I'm going to start hopefully being able to afford more pieces.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #3619
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I feel a little bad now paying full price for my Raph page from KE.......but I really wanted it and the others were selling so YOLO
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #3620
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
I feel a little bad now paying full price for my Raph page from KE.......but I really wanted it and the others were selling so YOLO
You really shouldn't feel bad.

If you're part of the KE fanclub, you get a 10% discount on art. As KE lists his Raph pages at $5k each, that brings it to $4,500 per page.

The auction ended at over $4,200. That's $4,330 if they pay with a credit card. The difference is pretty small. EVEN if you paid the full price on KE's site, you're looking at less than a 15% difference. That's not much.

Plus, most pages from the Raphael book are pretty cool. I think you got a good deal no matter what you paid.