The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #15621
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Things go from bad to worse for Adam Blampied

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41764308

This publicity was enough to get him booted off of the soon-to-launch Cultaholic brand

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/statu...29669858136065
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #15622
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Well he only distanced himself because movie studios probably wouldn't of casted him in stuff had he gotten injured in the ring and well he wanted to be an actor.
The thing about the Rock is that he's the Rock, and the Rock can do what he wants. Nia doesn't have that luxury. If she quits and decided to come back later, they csn say no

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #15623
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The thing about the Rock is that he's the Rock, and the Rock can do what he wants. Nia doesn't have that luxury. If she quits and decided to come back later, they csn say no
He definitely couldnt do that in the early stages of his movie career.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #15624
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

WWE Released Emma Summer Rae and Darren Young

http://www.wwe.com/article/emma-darr...?sf127969263=1

I really hope Impact Wrestling or Ring of Honor signs Emma I always liked her.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-29-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #15625
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

...then what the hell was the point of her putting up such a strong showing against Asuka if they were just going to release her? Why not just steam roll her?

I don't think Emma really got a fair shake at things but I won't really miss her, either. I never understood her character.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #15626
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I never understood her character.
Neither did anyone booking her evidently
Old 10-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #15627
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Emma should've been at least a 2 time Women's champion by now. It sucks injuries (and alleged stolen headphones) sidetracked her most of her main roster run.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #15628
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Emma's a little surprising and then it's not. Her entire WWE career has been dogged with injury and outside incidents, so she never got out of the blocks at any point. Every time she had something going, whether cringeworthy or decent, something happened that took her out of the active roster. She'll land on her feet, though, I'm sure. Maybe a stint in the indies if TNA/GFW/Impact doesn't pick her up. With luck, she has the Drew Gallaway story, where she makes a name for herself out there, kindles interest in a return and WWE pulls her back someday.

In contrast, Summer Rae is no shock. She wasn't quite as good in the ring as Emma, so she mostly had managerial duties, and they never knew what the hell to do with her. On top of that, she had the injury problem too. I don't think she's been seen since the Wrestlemania 32 kick-off a year and a half ago.

There's probably stuff they could have done with Darren Young. I guess it's a case of "we have nothing for you" after he came back from injury, so they decided to terminate. Shame. They probably should have thrown him back with Titus, doing something with the Titus Worldwide thing that's going on, whether in the ring or out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Emma should've been at least a 2 time Women's champion by now. It sucks injuries (and alleged stolen headphones) sidetracked her most of her main roster run.
The injuries absolutely killed her WWE career, yeah, because they came right when she was getting things to do. First she debuts with Dana, bringing the NXT duo to the main roster, only to go down almost immediately, with WWE having to throw Dana with Charlotte just so she's not standing around with nothing to do. Then another injury takes her out for most of this year, right when they were trying to pick the thing with Dana back up. With the apparent disappointment in the brass that she couldn't pull off Emmalina - which I guess was supposed to be a throwback to characters like Sable, only, you know, able to wrestle - and that, I guess they decided to just feed her to Asuka and cut their losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
...then what the hell was the point of her putting up such a strong showing against Asuka if they were just going to release her? Why not just steam roll her?
I saw this asked a lot when the TLC match happened and there's an explanation I saw that I think made a lot of sense. Asuka's not a Braun Strowman or Nia Jax character, so squashes aren't really needed, nor are they guaranteed to work with main roster audiences when, while she looks dynamic as hell and like a badass, she doesn't have the wow factor of size to fall back on for the first impression. Having a longer, more competitive match has her show more of what she can do - which seemed to work out, as I recall the crowd starting to get into her offense a bit in the TLC match - where a squash match would just be her getting a few moves in and winning without showing a whole lot. It makes sense to me.

And to be fair, that's exactly how they introduced her in NXT as well, against the same woman. Her first real feud there was against Emma and Dana Brooke. Granted, Dana is a can, but Emma got a fairly competitive match. The reason Asuka is impressive is because she can always pull out the win in impressive fashion, not that she's invincible, and that led to her undefeated streak, now the longest in history (that's tracked, of course), and the year and a half long NXT Womens title reign, ended only by injury. They were clearly hoping Emma could do for Asuka on the main roster what was done in NXT.

I think the problem is they basically pulled the Jinder Mahal "sudden competency" thing, which hurt their own plans. Which goes to show you, maybe keep your talented mid carders with some damn credibility so you can actually use them later, huh? At the LEAST they could have had Emma in a few matches (and win them) to build her up a bit in the two months between Asukas departure from NXT due to injury and debuting on Raw.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #15629
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Samoa Joe and Strauman are believed to be back tonight on RAW

https://411mania.com/wrestling/anoth...ights-wwe-raw/

Roman is still out and will miss the European tour. WWE are hoping he'll make his return at Survivor Series

https://411mania.com/wrestling/roman...series-return/

RAW's 25th anniversary will come from the Manhattan Center where it first started. Tickets will be available November 3rd.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-a...w-celebration/
Old 10-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #15630
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Samoa Joe and Strauman are believed to be back tonight on RAW

https://411mania.com/wrestling/anoth...ights-wwe-raw/
That is some good news. Can't wait for Braun to begin the physical annihilation of Kane and... whatever it is Joe's gonna do. Probably choke some fools out? I imagine that, seeing the cycle he's returning in, he's going to end up in the mens Survivor Series elimination match.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:07 AM   #15631
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Every time Braun appears I feel like I have some new reason to love him.

Emerging from the trash to toss the Miztourage down the ramp like lawn darts is pretty high on an already extensive list of awesome Strowman moments.

No lie, Braun is probably my favorite WWE superstar right now. It's either him or AJ Styles. AJ if I want guaranteed great matches. Braun for good matches surrounded by awesome spectacle. Braun is always doing cool s*** and it makes him one of the best parts of the show.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #15633
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Every time Braun appears I feel like I have some new reason to love him.

Emerging from the trash to toss the Miztourage down the ramp like lawn darts is pretty high on an already extensive list of awesome Strowman moments.

No lie, Braun is probably my favorite WWE superstar right now. It's either him or AJ Styles. AJ if I want guaranteed great matches. Braun for good matches surrounded by awesome spectacle. Braun is always doing cool s*** and it makes him one of the best parts of the show.
I was there live and by far Braun had the biggest pop out of anyone.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:53 PM   #15634
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I was there live and by far Braun had the biggest pop out of anyone.
I'm glad to hear that. It seems like he got a bigger reaction than it came off as on TV. But even still, the crowd was loudly roaring with him near the end. Dude is over. One of the occasions WWE has actually built a guy right and it paid off.

It helps that Braun is just constantly doing cool things, too. He topples ambulances, walks away from attempted vehicular homicide under his own power, implodes rings, kips up, throws giants through cages, pitches Brock Lesnar through two tables before dumping a third on him, outsmarts Roman Reigns to win a match, survives the Wade Barret memorial chair spot, emerges from the dump truck like a horror movie monster and just tosses the Miztourage down the ramp. Dude is awesome. If crowds didn't react to him, I'd be mad.

I wonder if this is a full on face turn or if he's going to remain a tweener. I'd stick with the latter. He's getting over anyway and that way he's not defined by alignment. He can do whatever you want. Braun gonna Braun.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:57 PM   #15635
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that. It seems like he got a bigger reaction than it came off as on TV. But even still, the crowd was loudly roaring with him near the end. Dude is over. One of the occasions WWE has actually built a guy right and it paid off.

It helps that Braun is just constantly doing cool things, too. He topples ambulances, walks away from attempted vehicular homicide under his own power, implodes rings, kips up, throws giants through cages, pitches Brock Lesnar through two tables before dumping a third on him, outsmarts Roman Reigns to win a match, survives the Wade Barret memorial chair spot, emerges from the dump truck like a horror movie monster and just tosses the Miztourage down the ramp. Dude is awesome. If crowds didn't react to him, I'd be mad.

I wonder if this is a full on face turn or if he's going to remain a tweener. I'd stick with the latter. He's getting over anyway and that way he's not defined by alignment. He can do whatever you want. Braun gonna Braun.
Yeah, that's the problem. He's being cheered, so let's make him face!! WWE needs to learn that is someone is going over, don't change things. People like him as a monster.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #15636
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

He still won't beat Brock, though. I think Roman is gonna have that "honor".

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:01 PM   #15637
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
He still won't beat Brock, though. I think Roman is gonna have that "honor".
Oh yeah, no, he's definitely not getting that. Unless Roman breaks an arm between now and 'Mania, they're going to try and make him for like the fourth time and we're all going to have to get used to it. I do wonder if Braun will have a program this year. Maybe something with the IC title? Who knows.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 PM   #15638
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

After Kane is done fueding with Strowman why not have Braun face off with The Miz? Miz can be an anti-hero and carry the mic part of the fued.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:45 PM   #15639
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Oh my god, Big E dressed as Akeem the African Dream. Talk about a deep cut. Ak-E the African Dream.

By the way, geez, it's looking like Smackdown is going to be completely outmatched in the mens tag at Survivor Series. Raw has Braun and Angle confirmed, with rumors saying Joe will be there too. If he's cleared in time for the event, you can pretty much bet Roman will be there. After that, you can put almost anyone there, but Balor has nothing going on, so it might even be him. Smackdown is dead, Nakamura or not.

Smackdown's probably winning the womens match, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
After Kane is done fueding with Strowman why not have Braun face off with The Miz? Miz can be an anti-hero and carry the mic part of the fued.
That's probably where this is going. I'm wondering if they're going to have Braun be the guy to take the IC strap from him. Wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if Braun mostly dominates the competition and looks like a tough champion. Miz doesn't lose anything and, honestly, will have the IC title again at some point. Miz is pretty much becoming a definitive IC champ, like a poster boy for it.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #15640
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Oh my god, Big E dressed as Akeem the African Dream. Talk about a deep cut. Ak-E the African Dream.

By the way, geez, it's looking like Smackdown is going to be completely outmatched in the mens tag at Survivor Series. Raw has Braun and Angle confirmed, with rumors saying Joe will be there too. If he's cleared in time for the event, you can pretty much bet Roman will be there. After that, you can put almost anyone there, but Balor has nothing going on, so it might even be him. Smackdown is dead, Nakamura or not.

Smackdown's probably winning the womens match, though.

That's probably where this is going. I'm wondering if they're going to have Braun be the guy to take the IC strap from him. Wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if Braun mostly dominates the competition and looks like a tough champion. Miz doesn't lose anything and, honestly, will have the IC title again at some point. Miz is pretty much becoming a definitive IC champ, like a poster boy for it.
You got a point there. When I think Intercontinental Champion as definitive two people come to mind, Roddy Piper and Bret Hart. Perhaps its old school,but that who sticks out. Miz being in their company shows how good he is.

Two big names never got the WWE Champion belt/Heavyweight Champion belt that I felt should have, Roddy Piper and Kane. Sure, Kane had it...for one day,but I don't count a blink of an eye championship just to say "hey, this big name has been champion" and move on. Roddy could have taken it from Hogan in one pay-per-view and lose it again to Hogan in the next.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling