Donatello 11 68.75%
Raphael 1 6.25%
Michelangelo 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Who is the funniest Rise turtle?

With Rise being quite a few episodes in, all the turtles have managed to make me laugh on quite a few occassions.

However, none has had quite the same affect as Donatello, whose wit and sarcasm I find really amusing. Its honestly gives me a lot of 80s Raphael vibes and feels like the type of "funny" that Rise Leonardo was supposed to be.

Raphael comes second for his good hearted but simple minded attitude coming across as funny in many situations. I've got laughs out of Leonardo as well, but not as much as the other two.

Michelangelo is admittedly the least funny for me, but I felt that may be intentional. He comes off as more "cute" than comedic to me, if that makes sense.

Who is the most funny Rise turtle in your opinion?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree with it being Donnie, he's had some of the best lines in that regard.

That said, this far in I feel that way a bit less than I originally did as his usual tone/vibe is starting to make some of his humor feel more like an attitude issue.

Also agree that Mikey is kind of the least funny and he's just sort of there.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

for me it's tie with Leo and Donnie
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:59 PM   #4
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Angry

Donatello
Raphael/Leonardo
Michelangelo

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:34 AM   #5
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Definitely Don. The Purple Jacket was where he made me laugh the most.

Ironically, I find Mike the least funniest but like him more as a character than Leo in this show.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #6
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Definitely Leo. He has all the best lines. It's kinda weird to me that Mikey is the least funny in this version considering being the funny one has always been his schtick.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
It's kinda weird to me that Mikey is the least funny in this version considering being the funny one has always been his schtick.
I definetly feel that this version of Michelangelo is taking much more inspiration from the Original Cartoon version than the 2003 version (and more inspiration than the 2012 version to a lesser extent). He is funny to me, but not a regular jokster or the one to have the most jokes centred on him.

Since the turtles in this series are all lighthearted, Michelangelo doesn't have the burden of being the only comic relief. As a result, the writers can focus more on him being fun-loving and artistic (props to them for incorporating that aspect of the character).

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I definetly feel that this version of Michelangelo is taking much more inspiration from the Original Cartoon version than the 2003 version (and more inspiration than the 2012 version to a lesser extent). He is funny to me, but not a regular jokster or the one to have the most jokes centred on him.
You tend to compare other versions to the FW cartoon quite often, my friend.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:17 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
You tend to compare other versions to the FW cartoon quite often, my friend.
It's what I do.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #10
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It's what I do.
It's your favorite version, yes? Would you say you still prefer it over this show?
Old 01-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It's your favorite version, yes? Would you say you still prefer it over this show?
1987 will always be my favourite for the eternity of the universe, followed by 2012, then 2003 (which I love, but not as much as the other two).

I don't want to be unfair on the other shows by ranking Rise just yet since its still airing, but I really do wanna say that it is my second favourite of the shows, assuming it stays the way it is right now, continually giving us episodes with a lot of great animation and funny character moments.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:03 AM   #12
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Agree with it being Donnie, he's had some of the best lines in that regard.

That said, this far in I feel that way a bit less than I originally did as his usual tone/vibe is starting to make some of his humor feel more like an attitude issue.
I agree. His overt cockiness gets on my nerves at times. He still has his moments of hilarity, though. Leo is becoming my favorite (once again) in this series, but only when he doesn't act like a jerk and brag when he is right about something. Leo is supposed to be the most humble of the Turtles.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Michelangelo has always been there to throw in all the popular culture references. But personally, I think I have always laughed much more at other characters than the turtles themselves. Especially in the Fred Wolf series, even if I like many of Raphael's sarcastic lines.

I always liked Irma's dating jokes, and even April O'Neil had many good lines when dealing with Burne Thompson or even Shredder.

Same with Bebop and Rocksteady, and Krang arguing with Shredder in the original series.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-29-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote