The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #41
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

The earth is at 7.6 now

Scientists say that the Earth can only support 9-10 billion. I’ve never seen this chart until I started googling stats. I never realized how populated India and China are. How can you feed and provide medical care for that many people? That’s impressive.

TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Scientists say that the Earth can only support 9-10 billion.
No. Less.

https://www.sciencealert.com/we-just...s-for-the-year
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #43
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I’m going to turn into one of those preppers if I keep hearing things like that.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does China still have that law of only 1 kid born for each family? India and China have always been overpopulated.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #45
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does China still have that law of only 1 kid born for each family? India and China have always been overpopulated.
It became a two-child policy in 2016.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #46
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It became a two-child policy in 2016.
Preparing for colonization of this delicious Siberia, when Russia will crumble.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #47
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Preparing for colonization of this delicious Siberia, when Russia will crumble.
Do you live in Russia?
Old 02-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #48
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Do you live in Russia?
Yes, and our Eastern territories bordering Chine is pretty much already belong to Chinese in everything, but law.
They cross borders with no problems, set up their own shops and companies there, local Russian population learn Chinese and so on.

"Curiously" Russian government doesn't care about this, despite it's rhetoric about "patriotism and national Russian values", because, Chinese businessmen, tied to China government, pay good money.
So much for patriotism.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's actually pretty funny when you realize most of Russia is in Asia. For some reason people tend to forget this, it borders nearly all the Asian countries as well as the middle east and countries like India and Pakistan.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #50
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Yes, and our Eastern territories bordering Chine is pretty much already belong to Chinese in everything, but law.
They cross borders with no problems, set up their own shops and companies there, local Russian population learn Chinese and so on.

"Curiously" Russian government doesn't care about this, despite it's rhetoric about "patriotism and national Russian values", because, Chinese businessmen, tied to China government, pay good money.
So much for patriotism.
I lived in Alaska for awhile when I was younger. I remember walking past the Russian Church. The design was amazing looking.

Quote:
It's actually pretty funny when you realize most of Russia is in Asia. For some reason people tend to forget this, it borders nearly all the Asian countries as well as the middle east and countries like India and Pakistan.
Alaska is near to Russia as well. Some say you can even see Russia from Alaska.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:14 AM   #51
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Sure, but most of the Russian population lives in the European part of Russia. And also, most Russians are European/Caucasian.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:08 AM   #52
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Sure, but most of the Russian population lives in the European part of Russia. And also, most Russians are European/Caucasian.
There a lot of ethnic minorities in Russia. Most of them are dying out though, since young people move into big cities and take upon "mainstream" Russian culture.

In general, lots of territories in Russia are empty, especially in Siberia. So, technically if Russia had thriving population there would have been place for people to move to. But, as of now, Russian population is going down, due to economic situation.

Our government actually makes small steps to make people move into uninhabitable lands of Siberia, but most people do not want to leave normal cities and move who knows where.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #53
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
There are now 7.6 BILLION people who inhabit planet Earth!
Time to get busy

Old 02-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #54
sdp
Megan Fox = April

As countries get more educated they stop having so many children, it's not only the G8 countries that have this problem, many G20 countries like Mexico already saw the number of birth peaks in 2008 so new births have gone down since and will soon be facing the same problems of an aging population like G8 countries.

There's just so many countries that lack this education and resources, African nations are actually going to be the biggest problem going forward as their population is going to grow quite a bit as will their power, this is why China is happily investing all over the continent. China is also investing all over latin america. The chinese population has grown quite a bit all over latin america.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:22 AM   #55
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
There are now 7.6 BILLION people on Earth!

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

... which is reaching to 7.7 BILLION people!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Lets just hope the Earth doesn't decide that it needs to lose some weight. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Population control isn't even being remotely encouraged. Even China is moving to remove their two child limit. This will be 10 times worse in 5 years. "Green New Deals" (even globally) and the like won't save us.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #58
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Population control isn't even being remotely encouraged. Even China is moving to remove their two child limit. This will be 10 times worse in 5 years. "Green New Deals" (even globally) and the like won't save us.
It is not in any nation's short term interests to promote population control, because an increasing population helps makes a country more wealthy and powerful.

Plus, many people will go crazy if they're barred from reproducing, it is an instinct which is almost as strong as getting food and water, I'd argue.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #59
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It is not in any nation's short term interests to promote population control, because an increasing population helps makes a country more wealthy and powerful.

Plus, many people will go crazy if they're barred from reproducing, it is an instinct which is almost as strong as getting food and water, I'd argue.
European countries and countries like Japan and South Korea are gonna face population crisis in the next decades.

One thing a lot of American tourists and people from several African and Asian countries notice when they visit Europe is that there's a lot of old people everywhere. If you go to a village in Europe it's likely that there's 1 young person for every 15 old people.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

The line between "wealth and prosperity" and "complete and total poverty" is deceptively thin. I'd argue strongly that we're just about at the limit.

Population control is objectively the correct thing to do, but it's "mean", so... instead everyone's just gonna gnash their teeth and wail about "Someone should do SOMEthing" for a few years until we're all standing on a breadline. Because Real Solutions require bloodletting and sacrifice, and when it comes down to brass tacks, ain't nobody interested in that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote