The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #1561
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Finn has never been interesting. He has done nothing interesting in the three movies he was in. He was a stormtrooper who at some point decided to be a good guy. Why? We don't know. And that's it, His whole characterization is there, nothing else.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:37 PM   #1562
CyberCubed
Overlord

He has no role now, but once he's 40-50 years old, you'll see "General Finn" come back for the next generation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:12 PM   #1563
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He has no role now, but once he's 40-50 years old, you'll see "General Finn" come back for the next generation.
Ah yes, and he'll be leading the Revolutionaries who'll want to establish third Republic after the Domain took over. And a scrappy nobody force user will join the Revolutionaries to deafeat the Domain's Praetor, his Slaughter Nova weapon that can destroy 100 planets at the same time and the secret Sith Lord love child of Rey and Kylo who was conceived through the force at the last moment because the force can ****ing do anything, including that ****!

Then the next trilogy will be about how the Uprisers will fight against the Supression's Murder Sun to establish the Fourth Republic!

My god, are the possibilities for Star Wars endless or what?!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #1564
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Ah yes, and he'll be leading the Revolutionaries who'll want to establish third Republic after the Domain took over. And a scrappy nobody force user will join the Revolutionaries to deafeat the Domain's Praetor, his Slaughter Nova weapon that can destroy 100 planets at the same time and the secret Sith Lord love child of Rey and Kylo who was conceived through the force at the last moment because the force can ****ing do anything, including that ****!

Then the next trilogy will be about how the Uprisers will fight against the Supression's Murder Sun to establish the Fourth Republic!

My god, are the possibilities for Star Wars endless or what?!
As sarcastic as that post was, it also read uncomfortably likely as the future of Star Wars.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:01 PM   #1565
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yeah, Finn was a wasted character with tons of potential so feel for the actor, and yes he will be back after enough time has passed as will Rey's actress. A decade is a long time to change your opinion, who ever saw Harrison Ford coming back for 7?

Finn becoming a Jedi would've been awesome, instead he had no role for the last two movies. I mean he was shown to be force sensitive and went toe to toe with Kylo despite having no training and not being a mary sue like rey.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #1566
oldmanwinters
Overlord

More from the guy who vowed he'd never stoop to be relegated to a Disney+ production:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...101423383.html

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #1567
sdp
Megan Fox = April

At least the "woke" people are now allowed to hate and turning on TLJ, since they did our boy Finn wrong. I'm glad he's speaking out, I would've loved Jedi Finn so much.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #1568
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I know I?m in the vast minority but I actually liked his arc in TLJ. Went from caring about nothing but Rey to seeing the galaxy for what it was and realizing the greater good was worth fighting for. Is that as exciting as using the Force? No.

Is he just mad that his character wasn?t a Jedi? Do you blame Disney for that or JJ for teasing that he was the Jedi of the story through marketing simply as a means to try and shock the audience that Rey was?

The main issue with the ST falls on Lucasfilm for not having a plan for all of it before starting.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #1569
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

JJ and his dang Mystery Box twists. Just like Khan in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Boyega's not wrong to feel used as a prop, but then again that's what happens when Hollywood decides meeting some sort of diversity quota is more important than developing those characters. Until Hollywood can stop patting themselves on the back and self-congratulating themselves for just having X number of Y people in a film and actually make them GOOD CHARACTERS, this will sadly continue to happen.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #1570
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Until Hollywood can stop patting themselves on the back and self-congratulating themselves for just having X number of Y people in a film and actually make them GOOD CHARACTERS, this will sadly continue to happen.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:16 PM   #1571
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
JJ and his dang Mystery Box twists. Just like Khan in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Boyega's not wrong to feel used as a prop, but then again that's what happens when Hollywood decides meeting some sort of diversity quota is more important than developing those characters. Until Hollywood can stop patting themselves on the back and self-congratulating themselves for just having X number of Y people in a film and actually make them GOOD CHARACTERS, this will sadly continue to happen.
Yeah, why worry about plot or characters as long as you have the first lesbian kiss in Star Wars and can talk about it in interviews. What a bunch of heroes.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #1573
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Horray, now we can see Rey kick the iconic Darth Vader's butt, while schooling Luke on how to really use the force, and doing everything the heroes of the old trilogy did better, with one arm tied behind her back, lego style!

Yeah, this is why my headcanon is the the first six movies, the clone wars series, Rebels, the mandalorian, and a certain few EU/Legends books set right after ROTJ. Everything else (including the sequel trilogy) are some weird alternate timelines in the world between worlds/veil of the force multiverse.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #1574
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

EU/Legends is the only way to Star Wars.

Thrawn, Mara Jade, Jacen and Jaina, et al
Old 11-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #1575
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What in the holy hooting hell... nobody cares about Rey. Shesus. Literally inserting her into episodes I-VI is not going to change anyone's mind. The opposite.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #1576
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What in the holy hooting hell... nobody cares about Rey. Shesus. Literally inserting her into episodes I-VI is not going to change anyone's mind. The opposite.
Could be worse, amigo. Could be Rose.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #1577
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's lego star wars, they've had anachronistic stuff in that "universe" all the time that make no sense just because its cool so I don't mind, it's hard non-canon. As far as Star Wars the way I was able to reconcile my love for Star Wars post Episode 7 & 8 was that only the first 6 movies are canon and anything else in my headcanon I just choose the stories that I like to be canon. As much as th EU was cool, it was equally as awful so now that it's all non-canon I can just choose the stories I like, movies I like and anything going forward and keep them in my headcanon. So, I'm open to liking Disney Star Wars stuff but to me it is in the same level of canon as the average Expanded Universe book story.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #1578
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Meh, Lego SW is basically the franchise's officially-sanctioned outlet for self-aware parody. No harm in them.

View my sketch work!
Old 11-06-2020, 11:39 AM   #1579
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm sure this will be way better than the sequel trilogy.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #1580
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

And I'm assuming Daisy Ridley is reprising the role for the voice, yes? Immediately throwing out the window her ridiculous "ohhh... I don't think I would ever play Rey again. I'm done with SW, etc.."