Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Zarius, I added your stories here

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/...cartoon/97976/
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #142
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Due to the great feedback I got from the sample chapter two (and receiving some great artwork from Blossom that I hope she shares soon), I'm putting the first three chapters of book six online. Not sure when I'll continue it, but I hate sitting on something this good so we'll see where we go.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-23-2013 at 09:43 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #143
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Consider it shared I love this scene! Can't wait to read the rest.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #144
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks OriginalTMNTfan, always glad to help out your collection

Great artwork Blossom, glad to have inspired that peice.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #145
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Thanks OriginalTMNTfan, always glad to help out your collection

Great artwork Blossom, glad to have inspired that peice.
Added more stories. Sadly, I it seems I can't add some stories who are already in another TMNT category (there are three you now, sadly). How do I create more ocmmunities?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 03-23-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #146
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Heh, just read Bubbly's review of chapter two...I knew someone would misinterpret that last bit with April and Leo...just to clarify, there is no funny buisness going on with April and any of the others. She's quite happy commited to her special little party dude thankyou very much
Old 03-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #147
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Oh, I didn't mean that April and Leo had anything going on. I assumed that the kiss was from someone else, not her. I should have clarified that. In any case, I really like where this is going, Zarius.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #148
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Oh, I didn't mean that April and Leo had anything going on. I assumed that the kiss was from someone else, not her. I should have clarified that. In any case, I really like where this is going, Zarius.
That's alright Bubbly, should have made it clearer the lipstick was Aprils. I've actually gone in and added in that she applied lipstick to her lips when she was getting ready so that's clearer.

Glad you're enjoying it.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #149
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Ugh...well this throws a monkey wrench in the OT continuity storyline and our OT fanfic stories. At least in mine anyways, LOL.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42049
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #150
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Ugh...well this throws a monkey wrench in the OT continuity storyline and our OT fanfic stories. At least in mine anyways, LOL.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42049
Heh, true, didnt quite think this was going to happen again...it works out better for you because you havent published your story yet so you have all the time in the world to go back and tweek it, where as I've pretty much got the ball rolling on mine. Hopefully everything more or less gels and I don't have to worry about it.

I remember a Power Rangers fan who was writing a series based on the Psycho Rangers being good guys (a fanfic called "Hidden War"), he started it a year or so after the In Space season had wrapped, and when they showed up in the following season as bad guys again...he actually took a completly convoluted stab at making it tie into his series. The effort deserved real applause.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #151
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Heh, true, didnt quite think this was going to happen again...it works out better for you because you havent published your story yet so you have all the time in the world to go back and tweek it, where as I've pretty much got the ball rolling on mine. Hopefully everything more or less gels and I don't have to worry about it.

I remember a Power Rangers fan who was writing a series based on the Psycho Rangers being good guys (a fanfic called "Hidden War"), he started it a year or so after the In Space season had wrapped, and when they showed up in the following season as bad guys again...he actually took a completly convoluted stab at making it tie into his series. The effort deserved real applause.
I hope the episode will be coming in the Fall of 2013 rather than the Winter of 2014, just so I can get that aspect of it written in my story. I kind of doubt there will be another cameo appearance by the classic Turtles again in the Nick show, but if there is...or a Turtles Forever 2. LOL, oh boy...looks like I'll have to keep an eye on it even after its published for revisions.

LOL, this situation is analogous to sewing a quilt halfway (since I'm 50% done) and then suddenly somebody comes in and says, "Whoops! Looks like there's a missing piece of fabric you forgot to include JLS!" (Since I'm trying to tie up some loose ends in the OT series.) Then I'll be rolling my eyes and grumbling, while taking out the stitching at particular areas using scissors.
...But like you said, I guess it's a good thing that this fanfic of mine is taking so long and that I didn't publish it yet, otherwise the readers would have been pissed off with me changing things since my story is so long.

LOL, who would have thought after 1996 with the series finale, there would be continuity with them in 2009 and now again in 2013-2014? (As if the age of the OT Turtles and OT timespan wasn't confusing enough. ROFL ) I guess these events speak volumes about the legacy of the OT.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #152
Overlord

I doubt it will be a big deal for the ocntinuty, or those episodes being canon to the 1987 show (or 2012 show at all).
Old 04-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #153
IcyKali
Thug

Quote:
LOL, this situation is analogous to sewing a quilt halfway (since I'm 50% done) and then suddenly somebody comes in and says, "Whoops! Looks like there's a missing piece of fabric you forgot to include JLS!"
Um... don't worry. The crossover will be part of the integrity of the 2012 series, and serves the Nick series. So you don't have to include as part of your canon if you don't want to.

It's a fanfiction, anyway, so could disregard anything at all for no reason if you wanted to (would you really want to count Donatello's Badd Time as canon?).
IcyKali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #154
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyKali View Post
It's a fanfiction, anyway, so could disregard anything at all for no reason if you wanted to (would you really want to count Donatello's Badd Time as canon?).
ROFL, "Donatello's Badd Time"...

I'm pretty sure both of you (IcyKali and Original TMNT Cartoon Fan) are right, and I'm 90% sure myself the episode won't affect my or ZariusTwo's stories. I was just hilariously exaggerating with that analogy. (That's why I put the at the end.)

I guess since we (ZariusTwo and I) both have sequel-style stories, it could only make a dent in our stories if the episode depicts the OT Turtles in the future as adults (20s or 30s) that vary significantly from the events we wrote into, but I doubt that will happen and again I 90% doubt it could have a serious impact on our stories.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #156
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Figured I'd post a sample from my seventh book while you're waiting for it (I'll probably start uploading it when I finish the first three chapters)

Spoiler:
The busy New York streets got even busier with the emergence of several citizens from the local movie theatre. Having indulged in escapist fantasy for two and a half hours, they were now on their way to visiting families or to indulge in the busy task of shopping or, in the case of younger audiences, going to the park to play and let off some of that pent-up energy, doing everything they could to prolong their Saturday afternoon, the best possible day of the seven spent on this Earth

Also coming out of the theatre were two people locked in a slightly critically-charged back-and-forth about the merits of the movie. A male and a female belonging to two entirely different species. Both were sporting baseball caps, slack jeans and sports jackets of different colours. Hers was brown with yellow streaks, his was white with blue lines around the side.

One was a certified geek and a martial arts master, one was a member of the mass media. Both had indulged in the fantastic within the context of reality, and both had a measuring stick for what passes for a good bit of fun.

They were best friends of several years. The geek met her when he was a teenager, now he was old enough to be more than a friend to her. She was someone who fought against her feelings for the longest time, but eventually let her heart dictate her course of action over her head.

They now did everything every loving couple did. Date. Desire. And in this case debate. They were April O'Neil of Channel Six and Michelangelo of the group known as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oddly enough, despite now being in their twenties, most of the world still had a strange habit of calling them teenagers.

"What do you mean there's a flippancy to these movies?" April asked, clutching Michelangelo's hand as they walked through the heavy traffic held up by the lights.

"I'm not saying flippancy is a bad sort of vibe for a film, it's just I've watched these Marvel movies one after the other and outside of small stuff that qualifies as 'heavy', there's nothing consistently dark or brooding in them" Michelangelo replied.

"Oh here we go again with the 'every comic book movie needs to be dark' routine" April said.

"Not dark ALL the time, just a little variety now and then" Michelangelo added, "They've done the same movies five times now to the point this is all becoming formula. I'll be the first person to say I don't go to these movies to think, but it wouldn't be at all a bad thing if they took their world as seriously as we do"

"Why should comics have to reflect the real world?" April asked, "In our line of work, the real world isn't remotely represented in any way at all"
"Reality bites April, it's what causes everyone's tensions to rise, keeps us on the edge of our seats, and it makes us hungry for more. The day I went and saw the Silver Sentry Rises, I came out pining for a blackberry and pork Pizza"

"Can't have any meat to a story without the actual meat can you?" April remarked. "You feeling peckish right now? Want to chow down somewhere?"

"Wow, you really are coming out of this movie knowing what's on my mind" Michelangelo replied. April gave him a big kiss on the cheek.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-27-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #157
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

My Review on "The Flies That Came To Dinner"

So I reread Chapters 1-7 again, just to familiarize myself again with the story before reading the rest of the chapters. Of course, the writing was good, the pacing, the characters spot-on (a major strength of yours), but the plot was... okay I guess...

The plot wasn't bad from a pacing perspective, but I was hoping for Baxter Stockman to be more of the main villain in this story. Here he seemed somewhat secondary compared to Dr. Sagan, and came across as more of a subordinate henchmutant for Dr. Sagan rather than being the main devisor of this story. I know that in the OT series Baxter was becoming increasingly more addle-brained, but at least in the episodes he was able to maintain in being the main antagonist despite needing guidance from computer Z.

I have to admit that I was moderately disappointed though that Baxter Stockman didn't get much development as I was hoping for. At the beginning of the story when Baxter was split into three personalities (man, woman, and child forms), I was intrigued that this could be used as tool to get some insight on his character and motivations, but it didn't happen, and seemed like a missed opportunity. I thought that the story would take an unexpected twist with these three flies, especially the dominant male fly in possibly overthrowing Dr. Sagan's rule (since Baxter is used to betrayal, and especially with the line in Ch.5 ""Deals? I've made deals all my life and it has always ended in betrayal, it is the only language I understand anymore, and my only means of survival"), but it didn't... The reason I expected a significant amount of character development/explanation with Baxter was because you previously did so for the villain in fifth story in "Mutants and Miracles". In that story, it dove more into the Rat King's personality with the children, but this sixth story didn't go that far with Baxter as I had hoped.

Now I'm not saying this story isn't enjoyable, but it kind of left me wanting more about Baxter. That's all...

Besides the whole Baxter issue, I did enjoy the moments between Donatello and Irma, and especially April explaining herself as to why she decided to go out with Michelangelo. That emotional journey of April's was done very well and I commend you on that because it can be quite a task when OT April was adamant about not dating mutants in the first place. In addition, the final chapter about Irma giving that introspective speech about herself was another shining moment in the story as well. I enjoy how you are able to write the Michelangelo/April and Donatello/Irma romantic moments without taking it past the "K rating", but still able to give a sense of closeness and intimacy.

So since you're doing some shipping here with Michelangelo & April, and Donatello with Irma... can we expect maybe some shipping for Raphael? What about Leonardo and Lotus? You're not going to leave those poor two Turtle boys without any girlfriends are you?

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 06-02-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #158
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks for your input JL, it's always appreciated.

As for missed oppertunities...you're probably right on that one. To be honest I fell into that cosy little trap a lot of fanfic writers fall into...falling in love with an original creation. I just had so much fun writing Sagan that I just promoted him at the expense of Baxter. I had been overdosing quite a bit on the BBC series Sherlock around then and based Sagan off of that show's version of Moriarty (you can actually tell from some of his choice words like "no rush" and "see me in a crowd", a play on the line "you should see me in a crown").

And yeah, Baxter becoming more frazzled over the course of the original series left me with little scope to play with, which is why I just went the lazy route of making him just a splintered heavy. I will try to make up for this in the next book somehow, this was just me experimenting a bit with more original characters and paying homage to the generic mad scientist types that showed up throughtout the later years of the show.

I'm glad you enjoyed the April/Mikey and Don/Irma moments. While it's been fun writing them, I definitely feel like you can't just say "they kiss and make out", you have to explain it in great detail otherwise people will just see it as 'shipper wish-fulfilment. Making them beleive the relatonships are plausible and capable of actually happening is what's vital to making people appreciate them more.

As for Raphael...might have to wait a bit longer for something to crop up with that, but rest assured I havent forgotten him, as for Leo, I sort of prefer playing the "will they/won't they" games with him and Lotus. Got to have some variety in these pairings

The next book will begin at the end of the month, so stay tuned for that.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #159
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow. Love that preview for the next book. I can't wait to read it and see what happens.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #160
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

(LOL, you can just call me JYX instead of JL or JLS. Really doesn't matter what you prefer... I just wanted some random, anonymous acronym to login quickly into this site. I changed from JLS because I found out from Wikipedia, JLS is a contemporary British R&B group, that we have no clue about in America, so I don't have a preference for their music or anything like that. )

Anyways, back to the story...
Quote:
As for missed oppertunities...you're probably right on that one. To be honest I fell into that cosy little trap a lot of fanfic writers fall into...falling in love with an original creation. I just had so much fun writing Sagan that I just promoted him at the expense of Baxter. I had been overdosing quite a bit on the BBC series Sherlock around then and based Sagan off of that show's version of Moriarty (you can actually tell from some of his choice words like "no rush" and "see me in a crowd", a play on the line "you should see me in a crown").

And yeah, Baxter becoming more frazzled over the course of the original series left me with little scope to play with, which is why I just went the lazy route of making him just a splintered heavy. I will try to make up for this in the next book somehow, this was just me experimenting a bit with more original characters and paying homage to the generic mad scientist types that showed up throughtout the later years of the show.
It's not that I'm "disappointed in you being a writer", FAR from that, you know that I enjoy your work . ...I was more interested to see where you wanted to take Baxter Stockman. Since these were your fanfic stories and was an opportunity to take the OT into a direction all your own, I was curious as to what plans you had for Baxter and where you wanted to take his character since you had thought about these stories for some years and since he was an iconic villain. ...But nothing significant really transpired for him in the sixth story, so that was where my disappointment resided in.

As I mentioned before last month, the reason I asked if Shredder and Krang could make a brief appearance was I thought with that betrayal line that possibly Baxter could finally get some revenge against Shredder and Krang after being deceived by them for so long. (And since those two always appear on a Baxter OT episode.)

I guess in the end, I was maybe hoping for some loose ends to be tied up. Such as: Will Baxter finally realize or turn against Shredder and Krang? Will he ever be human again? Could he possibly meet up with his twin brother Barney Stockman? Will Baxter ever regain his genius scientific mind again? Could we possibly see him use the Mousers again (since they are so iconic but only were in one episode )? Could Computer Z show up again? Could Baxter possibly create/use some bizarre new scientific invention against humanity again?

As for being influenced by other shows (i.e. you mentioning BBC's Sherlock), I use other TV shows and movies too as inspiration as well, but only from a character interaction/personality perspective. I try to strongly guard myself from following the plot lines because if one doesn't, the writing will follow the TV show/movie you are watching rather than the fanfic for the show one's supposed to write for. One show I draw inspiration from, is from ABC's Nashville. The reason I enjoy that show so much, is that I find it intriguing how the writers are able to make the seemingly most different personalities and character backgrounds bond with each other. I find it quite remarkable how the writers are able to make each character bond with each other in some form or way (i.e. interests, working/careers, hardships, romantic, emphatic understanding, etc.) and it helps me to see how some TMNT characters can bond with each other when, on the surface, they may have nothing in common.

Quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the April/Mikey and Don/Irma moments. While it's been fun writing them, I definitely feel like you can't just say "they kiss and make out", you have to explain it in great detail otherwise people will just see it as 'shipper wish-fulfilment. Making them beleive the relatonships are plausible and capable of actually happening is what's vital to making people appreciate them more.
I definitely agree with you on that. Any type of romantic relationship needs gradual development and believable explanations, in fact its irksome to me when writers just immediately plunge the characters into falling in love so quickly that it leaves the reader turned off, sarcastically thinking, "Oh yeah... Don't even mention how these characters opened themselves up for each other, and just make them kiss and go hot and heavy, without explaining how they arrived at such intimacy. Yeah... that's realistic."

Look forward to the seventh book, and I'll check the "We Are Shadows" story soon.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 06-02-2013 at 12:29 PM.