The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #181
The Master Meglomaniac
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Well that was the whole point. The higher ups at 4 Kids felt a show with dark tones and lengthy plot devices was bad, and they needed more stupid humor.
Well that just doesn't work, its too jarring. I'm begining to think it would be better if they just aired the true fifth season and ended the series there, end it on a high note. This FF nonsense is starting look as bad as The Goliath Chronicles
The Master Meglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #182
iris
moddy mod mod

4Kids doesn't care if it's jarring. They don't care about continuity. The point is, effectively, discontinuity with what they were doing, to take the Turtles concept in a visibly different direction, to please the people with the money. They are trying to get ratings up among the audience of little kids (and parents) and increase subsequent spending on related merchandise.

You can't sell your Ninja Turtles Monster Hunterâ„¢ toys as well if the show featuring the monster hunter gear gets pulled off the air by the censors. *cough*Insane In The Membrane*cough* This tends to displease the Powers That Be. But as far as I can tell, the writers seem to be trying to keep some modicum of continuity, despite all that. I'm sure they're doing their best.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #183
The Master Meglomaniac
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
4Kids doesn't care if it's jarring. They don't care about continuity. The point is, effectively, discontinuity with what they were doing, to take the Turtles concept in a visibly different direction, to please the people with the money. They are trying to get ratings up among the audience of little kids (and parents) and increase subsequent spending on related merchandise.

You can't sell your Ninja Turtles Monster Hunterâ„¢ toys as well if the show featuring the monster hunter gear gets pulled off the air by the censors. *cough*Insane In The Membrane*cough* This tends to displease the Powers That Be. But as far as I can tell, the writers seem to be trying to keep some modicum of continuity, despite all that. I'm sure they're doing their best.
They are not trying hard enough and that is why TMNT 2003 has jumped the shark.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #184
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned

Quote:
A future dystopia is such a cliché. I don't want Turtles Beyond. Why does the future have to be a dystopia or a utopia? Why can't it just be a world with its good side and its bad side... you know... like it always has been? That seems to be what we're seeing from FF right now, for good or ill.

Are people missing that the whole point of Fast Forward was to make Turtles less dark and scary for the inves-- erm...--for the children?

LEONARDO FOR MAYOR!! ...?

I hate to say it, but I blame Insane in the Membrane, that episode must have scared thme so much that they needed a British Robot Cop to keep them from soiling themselves further. joking

Quote:
I'm not ready to say that just yet. If it manages to keep some level of diginity this season. They may have a shot. But if it doesn't return to normal afterwards, then I'm about done with the show.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #185
R-iZZy
The Long Con

I dunno what to say about this episode. The new designs are just ass compared to the designs of the '03 series. The animation is so-so. I only liked the fight scene, seeing the boys use their heads in the fight (especially Don with his trash-hopping beatdown). But Cody sounds nothing like a 14-year-old. The guy is a few notches below Barry White on the bass scale. I like the interpretation of the future and how things are... but meh, something about this episode just didn't appeal to me.

And how the Turtles are totally looking forward to staying in 2105? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! The Turtle CAN'T stay in 2105. That's not their time. Seriously, I will be hella-pissed if they try to keep the Turtles in this time period. No, just... no!

Anyway, decent episode. It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. I tried to keep an optimistic look about it, and I guess this could do. But ugh, they could surely do without the heavy goofiness. Seriously, forget kids... when have they ever been important?

Anyway, good starting episode. If the same writers are on-board, I trust they'll tie stories in nicely. They've done it with the '03 series, and it seems like they're already covering connections and background info all within a starting episode (with the reason for the future gear, why the Turtles are in the future, a little bit about Cody).

Seriously though, I don't think I'm going to like how this show is having the Turtles share the spotlight with Cody. But I applaud them for giving Splinter a huger role in this show (or at least in this episode). They aren't making Splinter some old rat who needs his sons to carry him. As long as Splinter can carry his own weight, I'm content.

R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 AM   #186
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Why does the future have to be a dystopia or a utopia? Why can't it just be a world with its good side and its bad side... you know... like it always has been? That seems to be what we're seeing from FF right now, for good or ill.
Like Back to the Future: Part II is what I've been picking up on...

And, on a side note, I thought the "Ninja-Chucks of the Future" joke at the end of the ep 119 preview was funny. It was the only part of the preview that I found interesting, but... Everyone just needs to settle down because you won't accomplish anything by hating the show before it even gets off the ground. And, why is it that people I never even heard of before are crawling out of the woodwork to gripe about the show? You people should be ashamed of yourselves for being so selfish and hateful. Anything you think you won't like, you have to beat senseless before you give it the opportunity to change your mind. We all know the shows' advertisement was always flawed, so the shows won't be as lame as they make it appear. But, when you see the finished product, you want to be that much more meticulous in criticising it just because you won't admit you were mistaken in believing that it would be unbearable. The tiny sacrifices we have to make as fans to accomodate the franchise we love are nothing compared to how bad it actually could be. If you don't love the franchise, shut the hell up.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #187
iris
moddy mod mod

Ack. Put away the loyalty meter, gobo. People can like TMNT without liking Fast Forward, and many people have already said they're trying to give it a chance even if first impressions are unfavorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master Meglomaniac
I think what brought us this style of Fast Forward is that they tried a little too hard, pushed the envelope a little too far, and unknowingly stepped over the line of what 4Kids would put up with.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #188
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo
And, why is it that people I never even heard of before are crawling out of the woodwork to gripe about the show? You people should be ashamed of yourselves for being so selfish and hateful. Anything you think you won't like, you have to beat senseless before you give it the opportunity to change your mind. We all know the shows' advertisement was always flawed, so the shows won't be as lame as they make it appear. But, when you see the finished product, you want to be that much more meticulous in criticising it just because you won't admit you were mistaken in believing that it would be unbearable. The tiny sacrifices we have to make as fans to accomodate the franchise we love are nothing compared to how bad it actually could be. If you don't love the franchise, shut the hell up.
Who are you?

I've never heard of you, so why are you coming out of the woodwork to gripe about people having opinions? How "selfish" is expressing freedom of speech?

And here we go "you're griping about it because you can't admit the show was'nt as unberable as you thought, you don't love the franchise, wah wah wah"

What a patently stupid argument, ladies and gentlemen, we have our first "apologist" the kind of "fan" that loves to put words in poeople's mouths to juistify what he does'nt want to read, that people think the season is crap.

The Lost Season gurantees us we will have a solid, decent resolution to the plot holes left behind from the previous season, in short, the franchise still thrives for the current series, so why should the detractors have to watch something we dislike just to support something that's been butchered in it's stead purley because it's the "franchise". Who the hell are you to say we don't love the franchise because we're choosing to wait for a better product out of it?

If you can't stand the fact some people see commercilist crap for what it is, shut the hell up yourself.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #189
The Master Meglomaniac
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Ack. Put away the loyalty meter, gobo. People can like TMNT without liking Fast Forward, and many people have already said they're trying to give it a chance even if first impressions are unfavorable.

I think what brought us this style of Fast Forward is that they tried a little too hard, pushed the envelope a little too far, and unknowingly stepped over the line of what 4Kids would put up with.
4Kids are acting like spineless wimps, thus ensuring TMNT jumps the shark.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #190
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-iZZy
I dunno what to say about this episode. The new designs are just ass compared to the designs of the '03 series. The animation is so-so. I only liked the fight scene, seeing the boys use their heads in the fight (especially Don with his trash-hopping beatdown). But Cody sounds nothing like a 14-year-old. The guy is a few notches below Barry White on the bass scale. I like the interpretation of the future and how things are... but meh, something about this episode just didn't appeal to me.

And how the Turtles are totally looking forward to staying in 2105? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! The Turtle CAN'T stay in 2105. That's not their time. Seriously, I will be hella-pissed if they try to keep the Turtles in this time period. No, just... no!
I know right. Wouldn't them staying in the future screw up the future? I mean I would think that they would have to go back and accomplish their roles in the past so that the future could happen.

And you know I have a weird feeling that in the very last episode of the FF season will go something like this:

Cody manages to fix the time window and the turtles have a chance to go back, but he is all mopey that he is going to lose his only friends and that he'll be all alone again with only a whinny robot for company. The turtles notice this and feel guilty about leaveing the twerp, and start to have second thoughts. They say there last farewells to Cody and jump through the time window making Cody (along with the audiance) think that they are going back to the present. Cody is crushed (and audiance feels happy, yay this crap is over) when suddenlly the turtles jump back through and say "Surprice, we've decided to stay here after all"! Cody is beside him self with joy and the loyal TMNT fans put their foot through their TV sets

Seriously if this happens with the boys deciding to stay when they have a chance to go back i'll be one unhappy fangirl.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #191
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja
Seriously if this happens with the boys deciding to stay when they have a chance to go back i'll be one unhappy fangirl.
Don't sweat it. The ending is going to be more or less "TMNT III"-like.

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:08 PM   #192
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
I would tend to agree, Sewer Bull. The writer's DELIBERATELY left a hint that the guys and Splinter might be able to go back to 2006 (or whatever the shell year it is that they LEFT from), and take up where they left off. I would imagine that, DOING that, Splinter and the boys WOULD have some regrets, especially if they've gotten fond of Cody and Serling (who, I'll admit, I like a LOT more than that egotistical nitwit, Biggles), but MAYBE they would feel that they were needed in OUR time, rather than 2105. And I figure that out of ALL of them, the one who would be THE most reluctant to go back to his own time would, naturally, be Donnie, due to the technology and stuff. But that's just MY take on things.

Still, only time will tell about all this. The show (which is NOT a new "series", but really IS Season 5, according to the official website) has only aired ONE episode; HARDLY something from which to judge the whole entire SEASON on. Like I've said many times before, we ALL need to just chill and wait to see what the REST of the season brings BEFORE we wholesale TRASH "Fast Forward". At least...that's what I'M going to do. So just relax, folks. Methinks things will get better as time goes on.

Anyway, peace.

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 08-04-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #193
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

OK, here's something new that bugged me that I hadn't thought of before:

OK, so they're in the future, and, apparently, going to just sliiiide right in there like this is nothing new. ...Alright, that's ANother gripe I have.

But my big one is...

April and Casey... their whole lives before all this... is DEAD. And not one of them cares. Where is the emotions? Do April and Casey really NOT matter that much? I hate when they do big changes like this, and act like nothing before mattered, but everything new DOES. You'd think at least one of them would mourn what they left behind and possibly forever lost...

...I also considered writing a fic about this, but I just can't... I'm... I don't think I even CAN.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #194
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Who are you?
Richard doesn't remember me? Aw, man. And, I thought we were gonna be friends. I've been here longer than you have. I'm sure you're just playing dumb because I know you aren't that forgetful.
Quote:
"wah wah wah"
Come on, man. Don't be like that.
Quote:
What a patently stupid argument, ladies and gentlemen, we have our first "apologist" the kind of "fan" that loves to put words in poeople's mouths to juistify what he does'nt want to read, that people think the season is crap.
What a patently stupid rebuttal. Here's someone who wants to intimidate anyone out of saying what he doesn't want to hear so he can continue to be a bully without complications.
Quote:
so why should the detractors have to watch something we dislike just to support something that's been butchered in it's stead purley because it's the "franchise"
Quit watching it if you want. No one is forcing you to. But, verbally abusing the show on the internet this much only insures that the new audience they're trying to attract won't give the show a second thought because there are 50 negative reviews for every one "nice touch" added into the show.
Quote:
Who the hell are you to say we don't love the franchise because we're choosing to wait for a better product out of it?
(...while committing a hate-crime in the process.) Where did you get that from? I thought I made it clear that I was only talking to the people who showed up just to demonize the show in those last couple of sentences. If not, "Oh, ma bad, dawg". I guess that makes me human. If you haven't noticed, Richard, I'm presenting an exaggeration here to mirror the exaggeration of how bad people keep trying to make the show out to be. Go look up "hyperbole".
Quote:
shut the hell up yourself.
Oh, you da boss? Yes'm. I be shuttin' up.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #195
Lady Venus
Mad Scientist

I really love last Saturday ep. I'm ready to see tomorrow's too. *Runs and hide*

Sig made by: Joe
Lady Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #196
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Venus
I really love last Saturday ep. I'm ready to see tomorrow's too. *Runs and hide*
As long as ytou don't show yellow colours and tell others to "shut the hell up" and accuse them of ditching the franchise like some anti-fans, I'm fine with it
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #197
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
As long as ytou don't show yellow colours and tell others to "shut the hell up" and accuse them of ditching the franchise like some anti-fans, I'm fine with it
You are a sad man, Richard. Cheer up. It's not the end of the world when everyone doesn't agree with you.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #198
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

I finally got to watch the episode so I figured I might as well throw in my two cents...

As corny as the new theme is, I love it. I've been listening to it waaaaaaaaaay too much.

The whole new look is nicely explained. I prefer it over them having to wear Triceraton breathers.

Cody Jones doesn't bother me at all. I'm amazed. Hell, I may even start to like him as a character. He definitely has some of Casey's and April's traits.

I was really concerned about the change but after seeing this episode, the turtles are still the turtles.

Plus, seeing them naked for like five minutes was awkward.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #199
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Venus
Me too...even baught a FF Raphael figure today.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #200
CyberCubed
Overlord

Uh, anyone who has e-mailed Dan Berger received the same response; the decision to go into the future was LAIRD's decision.

The only difference is FF was bumped up a year early for the toy sales. Fast Foward was always going to happen, it isn't 4kids making the show, "jump the shark" when the idea came from the creator himself.

If the Volume 4 series was still going, I'd write to Laird myself...damn 8 month hiatus...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote