The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Wonder Woman 1984

Quote:
Fast forward to the 1980s as Wonder Woman’s next big screen adventure finds her facing an all-new foe: The Cheetah. Principal photography is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ follow up to the Super Hero’s first outing, last summer’s record-breaking “Wonder Woman,” which took in $822 million at the worldwide box office. “Wonder Woman 1984” will also be helmed by acclaimed director Patty Jenkins, and star Gal Gadot in the title role.

As previously announced, the film also stars Kristen Wiig in the role of the Super-Villain The Cheetah, as well as Pedro Pascal. And Chris Pine returns as Steve Trevor.
https://www.newsarama.com/40345-firs...e=notification
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Why the hell is Chris Pine returning?
Old 06-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Why the hell is Chris Pine returning?
Probably playing a genetically similar descendant.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Probably playing a genetically similar descendant.
Ugh. Not pleased. But we'll see, I guess...
Old 06-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's probably the real deal. Somehow. Some Gods trickery or magic.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's probably the real deal. Somehow. Some Gods trickery or magic.
As long as Steve Trevor is not being resurrected, and is not having progeny.

I mean... I guess I trust Jenkins to do a great sequel, but this seems like a really weird official launch to the sequel.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeey! remember that emotional ending where Chris Pine died? For the sequel, NOT SO MUCH!"
Old 06-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #7
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I like the title but there are going to be so many people saying the same tired 'joke' asking if they need to see WW2 through WW1983 before watching this.

I'm kinda surprised they revealed Pine was coming back this early. Maybe they were worried about set photos with him leaking.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'd love to see if "Wonder Woman 1984" shares any thematic elements to Orwell or his novel.

Could be interesting.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #9
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I imagine the Steve Trevor scenes will play out similar to Clark talking to Jonathan in Batman V Superman.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I imagine the Steve Trevor scenes will play out similar to Clark talking to Jonathan in Batman V Superman.
But if all this is, is simply flashback or hallucination or dream sequence... is that really big enough to center your first official announcement and images around?

That still feels REAAAAAAAAALLY odd.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #11
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I mean, having now actually looked at the picture, yeah I could be wrong.

But really, DC will announce anything to appease fans of the first WW movie.

Sidenote Fun Fact: Current rumour is Patty Jenkins was upset Joss Whedon didn't consult her in how he used Wonder Woman in Justice League (namely, teasing a subtle romance between her and Bruce.) This in combination with poor box office is what lead to Whedon being removed from the DCEU.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #12
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Didn't Batman straight up reference Steve dying in the plane crash in JL? I might be remembering wrong.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #13
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

For 2500 you have to have a reeeeeeal ****** TV and speaker set up. Especially for an 85 inch.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Also, if most people had a few grand to drop on a TV and speakers and sh*t, they'd have money for a lot more important sh*t than that. Or they live in an apartment (or as in my case, the upstairs loft section of a house), or other shared space where that kind of set-up simply wouldn't work. "Just build a home theater" isn't a practical solution for most people.

And, as others have mentioned, some people simply enjoy the overall experience. We have great theaters over here, I'm sad that they'll probably shut down permanently in the wake of this. I only go a couple times a year but some things are just plain better in a theatrical setting. Like, "The Last Jedi" was awful but having seen it in the theater, I can totally get why some people were enchanted by it. That "experience" is the biggest reason people go in the first place.

If you hate people and don't like going out, then fine, but most people simply aren't like that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:25 PM   #15
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Also, if most people had a few grand to drop on a TV and speakers and sh*t, they'd have money for a lot more important sh*t than that. Or they live in an apartment (or as in my case, the upstairs loft section of a house), or other shared space where that kind of set-up simply wouldn't work. "Just build a home theater" isn't a practical solution for most people.

And, as others have mentioned, some people simply enjoy the overall experience. We have great theaters over here, I'm sad that they'll probably shut down permanently in the wake of this. I only go a couple times a year but some things are just plain better in a theatrical setting. Like, "The Last Jedi" was awful but having seen it in the theater, I can totally get why some people were enchanted by it. That "experience" is the biggest reason people go in the first place.

If you hate people and don't like going out, then fine, but most people simply aren't like that.
Theaters here are basically homeless shelters now. It’s a Petri dish of disease.
Theater are the ‘expensive’ option, so if you can throw money away, by all means.
I prefer save and invest. It’s also a ****ing godsend right now.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:28 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I have a pretty awesome setup at home but I still appreciate going to the theater as a communal experience. Hearing people react to this or that that I might not have gotten the same thing out of, etc..
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:47 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, it's whatever makes a person happy, so if you've got the hook-up, good for you. You're not a bad person for it. If I had the money and the space, I would do it, absolutely. Mostly because the audio on most DVDs and Blu-rays are optimized for a home theater set-up, and if you don't have one, you get that annoying sh*t where you can barely hear people talking, so you keep the volume way up and then suddenly "BOOOOM!", and thus you're fiddling with the volume every few seconds. That's really annoying and entirely on purpose so people will be "forced" to splurge more on the home theater set-up, so yeah, there's a definite upside to having one. Frankly, though, it's more money than I can reasonably spend on "watching TV". Most people I know are in the same boat, "If I had the money for that I'd have money for lots of things."

But even if I did, I'd still go out to the theater because of the experience. Same reason I occasionally go out to eat at a nice restaurant even if I have the exact same food at home. People have been predicting the death of movie theaters for 20 years now, ever since big TVs and home theater set-ups were no longer ONLY available to the very rich, and yet people are turning out to see movies in record numbers, even if it's for fewer films altogether. People still flock to the theaters, even when it's a movie most of them are predicting they'll hate, like the new Star Wars stuff. They don't go just for The Movie, they go for The Experience, and not JUST the "giant picture and awesome sound" experience.

I do agree that this will be a huge blow to the theater industry, and they may never recover, but if the industry dies it won't be because people don't still want to go. It will be because now everyone is broke. And that's a shame. I never celebrate when any industry shuts down, because it means more people broke and homeless, and in turn more people killing themselves rather than dealing with being broke and homeless. And that's awful. So even if some people don't care because they hate going to the theater for whatever reason, it's still bad for the majority of people, regardless.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 PM   #18
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
For 2500 you have to have a reeeeeeal ****** TV and speaker set up. Especially for an 85 inch.
Samsung 85 inch 4K TV Black Friday deals were great. If you pay attention, you can get great deals. Do some research, google is your friend.

I love the **** talking here though. Either the TV is ****, or I’m **** for having extra.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #19
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

I love the tags for this thread.

Strange furry tangent, the future is female lol.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:27 AM   #20
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
I love the tags for this thread.

Strange furry tangent, the future is female lol.
If our future are furry females, can I have a cute catgirl?
Thank you.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote