The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 02:42 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's a thing that should never have been spoken of out loud if even the creators couldn't be assed to figure it out before committing to it. Is what it is.

I promise you that not one person who worked on that show ever imagined that they'd need to answer this question. I mean, they should have thought that far ahead, but it goes to show just how little regard they had for their audience.

Regardless, if they can't be bothered, neither can I.
Haha yeah

But in all seriousness now, it's basically a different galaxy. Why it was called DIMENSION X I wouldn't know. I guess it sounded kinda cool and mysterious in David Wise's mind or whoever came up with that name. And it kinda does. It's simple yet memorable.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:09 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Dimension X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Haha yeah

But in all seriousness now, it's basically a different galaxy. Why it was called DIMENSION X I wouldn't know. I guess it sounded kinda cool and mysterious in David Wise's mind or whoever came up with that name. And it kinda does. It's simple yet memorable.
It was also once the name an NBC radio programme between April 1950 and September 1951

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimens...(radio_program)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:49 AM   #23
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's a cool name, and Dimension X is what the writers needs it to be.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #24
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So says Crisler's Law.

Though I don't disagree with you, if only in respect to as much thought as the original people who created Dimension X put thought into it.

Personally I've always felt it was a missed opportunity, even in the FW stuff. It could have been like a... let's use a Zelda example and get geeky. It could have been like a Light World vs. Dark World thing.
Haha. I didn't know that was even a thing!

I didn't want to dismiss the argument. Dimension X is a solid thing to discuss on a message board dedicated to the TMNT.

The point I'm trying to make is: do the finer points of that particular aspect of the story matter if that aspect of the story wasn't where the action was happening? It's kind of like asking how Heisenberg compensators worked in Star Trek. It'd be fun to know, but it's not necessary for the enjoyment of the show. Compare that with knowing WHY the turtles are ninjas. That's an important bit of information that is necessary for a lot of the plot in the show.

Aside from that, I always thought it was a parallel dimension to ours. That's why they needed special portals or gateways to get to-and-from. This is the first I've ever heard of it being something other than that.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #25
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
That's why they needed special portals or gateways to get to-and-from..
Portals can also be used within the same universe, to avoid long spaceflights.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #26
pferreira
Foot Elite

Has anyone in all these theories ever stopped to think maybe Dimension X is actually the name of a region of the galaxy? Dimension X always felt like another galaxy with different dimensional laws. Wasn't Mr Ogg from Dimension C? That apparently had different dimensional laws but could be considered another galaxy. It comes across from the cartoon series that different areas of space were considered different dimensions with Mr Ogg being a good example of this.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #27
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Has anyone in all these theories ever stopped to think maybe Dimension X is actually the name of a region of the galaxy? Dimension X always felt like another galaxy with different dimensional laws. Wasn't Mr Ogg from Dimension C? That apparently had different dimensional laws but could be considered another galaxy. It comes across from the cartoon series that different areas of space were considered different dimensions with Mr Ogg being a good example of this.
I can't recall any different physics in Fred Wolf Dimension X. Ogg is from Dimension Z, and the only thing we saw was him coming through a portal.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #28
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Portals can also be used within the same universe, to avoid long spaceflights.
Yeah, but I doubt they'd let something like realistic spaceflight timetables get in the way of pacing. I mean, the Silverhawks never had a problem getting from one place to the other. I know it's a different universe (ironically), but that's how my brain rationalized it. Portal for different dimensions, ships for same dimension.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:53 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Dimension is a very weird thing to call another galaxy. It would be like calling a piece of paper a fork.

That said, it literally is a galaxy in the Archie stuff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #30
Overlord

The word dimension itself refers to size. But what we call places are often a product of culture. For example, Iceland isn't covered with a lot of ice all-year round, and much of Greenland isn't very green throughout most of the year. Norwegian seafares and settlers arrived to Iceland in the wintertime and Greenland in the summertime.

Or how about the word asteroid? It means star-like, and that's not a good name to describe them. Same with the constellations and asterisms, their names have been different within different cultures.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-16-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #31
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Dimension is a very weird thing to call another galaxy. It would be like calling a piece of paper a fork.

That said, it literally is a galaxy in the Archie stuff.
Wel we have the Mr Ogg episode as reference so that's something. Ogg came from a dimension where he was able to change and switch objects with the power of thought. Yeah I could be wrong. Dimension X could very well be another dimension rather than the name of a galaxy although the laws of physics don't seem that different to an alien world seen in episodes such as Planet of the Turtleoids which in that episode actually does take place across the universe. I certainly don't remember Kerma ever mentioning Krang.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:33 AM   #32
Overlord

Quote:
Ogg came from a dimension where he was able to change and switch objects with the power of thought.
Weren't his powers based on optical illusions (wherever he went)?
Old 02-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I also liked the idea of only 1 dimension X and that it was the one from the archie galaxy universe, I'm sure I debated this over ten years ago here on the drome with someone. Sadly that theory is not great anymore even if 2012 sort of helped that fanon in a sense.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:14 PM   #34
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I choose to believe its a different dimension rather than a galaxy, when choosing between the inconsistent portrayals in the Fred Wolf toon.

I don't know much about Dimension X from Archie and IDW, but I do believe that The Dimension X from Fred Wolf and Nick is meant to be the same place, due to some retcons by the Nick writers (such as Krang and Kraang Subprime being cousins, Krang having Nickelodeon Rock Soldiers) etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I don't really know why they bother with a different dimension, or even an alternate universe), when they could just use a different galaxy or solar system (I would go with solar system)

Pretty sure it's only because "Dimension X" sounds cooler and that's about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
All of the various TMNT's are different parallel universes, so Dimension X must be a perpendicular universe.
Quote:
I like to think of it as an alternate dimension/reality. i.e., somewhere in Dimension X is even a twisted version of Earth.

In my head canon in the TMNT multiverse there is only one Dimension X. And that dimension is the Archie universe. Also within that is a galaxy that is where the traditional Krang comes from, also considered Dimension X... but it's just a galaxy.

It doesn't entirely hold up to scrutiny, though, with more new shows and such doing their own Dimension Xes. Because what's a TMNT show without mutagen man, Krang, Dimension X, etc.. Ugh.
Quote:
I can't recall any different physics in Fred Wolf Dimension X. Ogg is from Dimension Z, and the only thing we saw was him coming through a portal.

Don't forget that the 4Kids show pretty distinctly had multiple dimensions, and seemed to imply that Earth existed in several of them (TMNT and Usagi, specifically, and then there was Turtles Forever....) and that Dimension X was its own dimension as well. The Utroms even specifically needed the trans-mat machine to get back, rather than, I dunno, just repairing their ship?

Ogg was indeed from a seperate dimension, in fact Krang even made mention of it, and said it was weird- which is saying something coming from him! Also, Dimension X DID seem to have some different rules of physics, like "space" having breathable air (as shown in the episodes where the Tchnodrome is in Dimension X, especially on the volcanic asteroid, since we're discussing it), or various star systems, races, and such all existing there in what appears to be their own universe.

Archie seems to be the biggest outlier as far as the galaxy/dimension debate goes. Most others seem to lean toward seperate dimension.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:04 AM   #35
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
breathable air
The Volcanic Asteroid has an atmosphere breathable for Earthlings. Maybe Neutrinos can stand outer space.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #36
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Ogg was indeed from a seperate dimension, in fact Krang even made mention of it, and said it was weird- which is saying something coming from him! Also, Dimension X DID seem to have some different rules of physics, like "space" having breathable air (as shown in the episodes where the Tchnodrome is in Dimension X, especially on the volcanic asteroid, since we're discussing it), or various star systems, races, and such all existing there in what appears to be their own universe.
Now we're onto something. I also remember Shredder mentioning Dimension C or Z at the end of The Big Blowout before Krang throttles him.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:15 AM   #37
Overlord

Quote:
Now we're onto something. I also remember Shredder mentioning Dimension C or Z at the end of The Big Blowout before Krang throttles him.
Krang says they're stuck in Dimension X. Shredder says it could have been worse as they could have ended up in Dimension Z.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:17 AM   #38
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Krang says they're stuck in Dimension X. Shredder says it could have been worse as they could have ended up in Dimension Z.
Just imagine what else Dimension Z would've had, besides Mr. Ogg.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:17 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't have the vocabulary to express my displeasure with Ogg.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:21 AM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

What happened to Dimension Y?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote