The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #201
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Hey, I'm the same way sometimes. I have no idea when Tales of a Pizza Delivery Boy will end and I'm already on 34 chapters with that one. I guess it'll end when the show ends.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:02 AM   #202
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Hey, I'm the same way sometimes. I have no idea when Tales of a Pizza Delivery Boy will end and I'm already on 34 chapters with that one. I guess it'll end when the show ends.
Even if it ends the creative process never stops because then you're left with "What happens next"?, I'm sure you can find ways of stretching it out beyond the show's lifespan if you chose to.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #203
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Maybe, but I'm not sure on that one. Honestly, I'm not going to worry about it right now since we have at least two more seasons to go so far. I'm just enjoying the ride and having a blast.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:17 AM   #204
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

"A Radical Portrait of Dimension X" (The Eighth Novella) Review

To start off, this fanfic now ushered in more plotlines with more than one or two villains, unlike the previous novellas did, and I can see your writing grow as you are juggling not only these plotlines but also the characters, relationships, plot connections/twists, and implicit messages associated with each of these plotlines. I have to applaud you for taking that bigger step up in your writing.

I'll try to be complete in my review, and as always if you have any questions about anything I didn't mention, feel free to ask! Here I go...

The Dimension X portrait assignment, and Tibbit: It was unique change on the whole Neutrino culture bit, on how you decided to present the more serious, yet distant aspects of Neutrino culture. Not that it was bad or anything, but a bit unexpected since their culture is all about having fun. What made you choose art as part of the Neutrino's involvement,
Spoiler:
besides connecting it eventually to Fiona,
rather than obtaining another object of sorts for their mission? Was it to show this more "cultured" side to the Neutrinos since art galleries, museums, etc. are all the antithesis of spontaneous Neutrino fun?

One thing that seemed rushed was in Chapter 21 in the characters explaining the connection between
Spoiler:
Tibbet, Preston, and Fiona.
Maybe slowly releasing the details through a few chapters rather than having everything at once could make it easier for the reader to digest, but it's just me. **shrug**

Michelangelo, April, and Kala: So Michelangelo is continuing this EDX journey though peoples' minds? I didn't expect that aspect would continue and that Donatello would be so heavily involved with this story, but it did. You seem eager to explore this side of Michelangelo more.

The execution in explaining why Michelangelo preferred April over Kala, and why April preferred Michelangelo over Donatello was great! You made it very convincing, despite me being more of the Donatello and April shipping (especially since she kissed Donatello twice in the OT.) You expanded Michelangelo's maturity in him wanting more than just partying through Kala's dialogue, but as I stated in the chapter review, I'm curious why exactly Michelangelo wanted more than the partying lifestyle. I know he's in his 20s now, but from a more reflective viewpoint I was curious to see Michelangelo make this mental revelation, but maybe you'll explain it later.

This Mikey/April relationship is definitely something to be lauded for because through these stories you presented their romantic relationship in a very natural method (unlike the majority of other TMNT fanfics which their romantic relationships thrive on melodrama), and seeing Michelangelo want more than the "party life" is showing the depth of April and Michelangelo's relationship.

I know you said sometime ago that you wouldn't consider yourself to be Michelangelo in personality, but he seems to be your favorite Turtle here. Or at the very least, your favorite Turtle to write about.

Kim Sagan/Donatello: I honestly didn't think that he would return or that he would be connected to EDX somehow. I know the EDX was distributed to other companies, but the question remains... how exactly did Sagan get in touch with the EDX? Hmmm.... maybe I'm missing a detail here or it will be revealed later.

One part that intrigued me was within Ch. 18, when Sagan was trying to tempt and skew Donatello's thoughts, but yet didn't bother with Michelangelo (in Ch.11). I wonder why not. But also, how Sagan was trying to make Donatello envious of Michelangelo's involvement and being with April. I'm a bit perplexed by Sagan's statement of, "...and feel so over-privileged you don't know what to do with success when you get it..." I don't know how exactly Sagan would tempt Donatello in feeling "over-privileged" and "successful" considering a lot of Donatello's personal inventions and accomplishments are overlooked.

I'm sensing that you are probably going to involve Donatello in some greater mental struggle/journey with Sagan appearing again at the last chapter, and I guess everything will make sense in the subsequent stories. (I have to remind myself that there is stronger continuity between these novellas now. )

Fiona's connection and Agatha Marbles:
I enjoyed how you were able to "weave" Fiona's backstory through the paintings to make her related to
Spoiler:
Tony "The Butcher" Vivaldi. I'm curious waht made you decide to choose him specifically to be related to Fiona rather than other mob boss criminals in the OT.

Plus, the water gun climatic ending was a classic slapstick humorous OT move which was funny twist on things. Even though I know she liked to prolong "the racket" of not destroying The Addict painting just yet. I'm still wondering why she didn't destroy it. Meh, I guess I'm looking too seriously at something which doesn't always have to make sense since some of the OT plots were a somewhat outlandish ("The Big Cufflink Caper").

Then again, Ch. 21 is a bit difficult for me to process. (Nothing against you Zarius though.)

Krang's connection with Pen Pal Soda and Shredder: This caught me completely off-guard because I didn't expect this turn of events later in the story at Ch. 15, but it does add another layer of suspense. With Krang giving so much discussion about compromise and conspiracy , as I mentioned before, it reminded me of the political thriller TV show Scandal and with that, I can speculate on a whole variety of outcomes that could occur to see how Krang is planning for the fallout of humanity revealing so much uncomfortable and incriminating truth, and to add even more intrigue, how it could apply to the Turtles and possibly their relationships as well.

One thing that caught my eye was Shredder working on a "refined training regiment", which would allude to your next novella: Tattooed Teenage Tournament Fighters, but I wonder if it could also involve a Super Shredder or sorts, or a Battle Nexus environment too.

Raphael and Leonardo:
It's interesting that you chose
Spoiler:
Raphael as the source of the revealing Michelangelo and April relationship. It's a pleasant twist since normally we would have expected that from Vernon, but I have a feeling it wasn't entirely Raphael's fault since he was "addicted to the Pen Pal Soda", which was revealed to be more or less a truth serum drink.

I also highly compliment you on how you were able to make Raphael's reasoning understandable since he wants himself and his brothers to be more accepted from humanity, rather than going into the cliche of how so many numerous fanfic writers make him into the overbearing antagonist of the other Turtles (especially the non-OT fanfic versions of him). It gave Raphael's character depth at hinting of his struggle in wrestling with being ostracized by humanity to a degree.

Plus, what made you decide to make Leonardo such an art scholar where he knew so much about these paintings and art history? I'm guessing since Leonardo is an avid reader of classic literature (reading The Three Musketeers in "The Four Musketurtles" and being at the lair's library in "Leonardo is Missing"), that's what made you decide Leonardo could have such knowledge of art?

I thoroughly enjoyed the bonding moments between Leonardo and Raphael in Ch. 13 and 17. You scratched beyond the surface with Leonardo, by making Raphael be perceptive about Leonardo's "confidence crashes" and Leonardo contemplating how he feels he and his brothers are drifting apart. It's a solid gold moment because it could really be the tip of the iceberg of potential, if you could expand on Leonardo's fears, worries, and thoughts of change for himself and others.

Seeing that you scratched the surface with Leonardo and Raphael, I'm going to encourage you go deeper with them. You clearly have the skills and talent to expand on a character's maturity, depth, fears, emotions, and thoughts as seen in Michelangelo, and almost as much in Donatello. I'm going to challenge you Zarius to see if you can really stretch your writing skills on individually expanding Leonardo's and Raphael's characters. For most TMNT fanfic writers, it seems there's difficulty in writing about one particular Turtle in fully comprehending the motivations of that character, and how they are channeled through a personality that's difficult to relate to. You wouldn't by chance have that difficulty with either Raphael or Leonardo now Zarius, would you?

Final thoughts: I also forgot to mention that I enjoy the depth you put place behind the plots (the meaning behind the paintings, Tibbit's remarks about criticisms, and Krang's comments about how humanity would react to knowing the absolute truth of things) and the social commentary, because it shows that you have a deeper message to tell to the audience, and displays that you have carefully planned this story out in being able to seamlessly give your opinion about social topics through the characters and their circumstances.

So again, I'm curious to see if you can expand Raphael and Leonardo characters , and maybe I might get to see that in Tattooed Teenage Tournament Fighters since they are both more inclined toward fighting. But overall, as I stated at the top, I applaud you for taking that bigger step up with your writing, in have more plotlines "weaved" in your story without making it confusing.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #205
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Part One

My pleasure mate. I felt with pretty much just a trilogy of stories left it was time to bring the strands together early and really latch people onto the stories as they enter the final phases. I didnt count on the novella being the longest in chapter length but my schedule in reality dictated that...all for the best I guess, as it meant I could meticulously peice together the immense shopping list I had of what to include.

Quote:
The Dimension X portrait assignment, and Tibbit: It was unique change on the whole Neutrino culture bit, on how you decided to present the more serious, yet distant aspects of Neutrino culture. Not that it was bad or anything, but a bit unexpected since their culture is all about having fun. What made you choose art as part of the Neutrino's involvement,
Spoiler:
besides connecting it eventually to Fiona,
rather than obtaining another object of sorts for their mission? Was it to show this more "cultured" side to the Neutrinos since art galleries, museums, etc. are all the antithesis of spontaneous Neutrino fun?
I guess I was always intrigued by what Neutrinos do when they're much older, they have wacky fashions, ride flashy cars, they may be all about fun but they clearly have some attachment to style, so why not have a system in place where the approrpriate style is assessed and from there, they best determine what style to adapt to?

Quote:
One thing that seemed rushed was in Chapter 21 in the characters explaining the connection between
Spoiler:
Tibbet, Preston, and Fiona.
Maybe slowly releasing the details through a few chapters rather than having everything at once could make it easier for the reader to digest
I sort of did seed it a bit in earlier chapters, what with

Spoiler:
Tibbit's fourth-wall breaking ramble and Fiona being 'tested' by Feldman
and I figured since the root of the novella was an Agatha Marbles mystery it would make sense to let the reader play detective themselves and not have me spell anything out, I'd let them make the deductions and then do at the very end

Quote:
The execution in explaining why Michelangelo preferred April over Kala, and why April preferred Michelangelo over Donatello was great! You made it very convincing, despite me being more of the Donatello and April shipping (especially since she kissed Donatello twice in the OT.) You expanded Michelangelo's maturity in him wanting more than just partying through Kala's dialogue, but as I stated in the chapter review, I'm curious why exactly Michelangelo wanted more than the partying lifestyle. I know he's in his 20s now, but from a more reflective viewpoint I was curious to see Michelangelo make this mental revelation, but maybe you'll explain it later.
I feel like Mikey was evolving more and more as the old show was winding down, I suppose it's easy to say relationships like the one he has with April just change you into a more settled, prioritised force of nature, but if you want me to explain it better I'm up for that.

Quote:
I know you said sometime ago that you wouldn't consider yourself to be Michelangelo in personality, but he seems to be your favorite Turtle here. Or at the very least, your favorite Turtle to write about.
Mikey's what I like to call the emotional crux of the whole story, our journeyman through the oddysey. He's the one with the most relaxed notions regarding life and settles into every situation, he's also in touch with his feelings a great deal (as shown when he's hurt by perceived neglegence of his birthday, and crying over the mother turtle in "Turtles Turtles Everywhere", which April definitely picked up on and knew exactly what to give him to cheer him up, showing she always had insight into his specific needs and provided an even more sufficient excuse for me to pair them up back when I endevored to tell a beleviable human/turtle love story)
Old 05-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #206
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Part Two

Quote:
Kim Sagan/Donatello: I honestly didn't think that he would return or that he would be connected to EDX somehow. I know the EDX was distributed to other companies, but the question remains... how exactly did Sagan get in touch with the EDX? Hmmm.... maybe I'm missing a detail here or it will be revealed later.
Donatello will be the reader's avatar in that sense in the next story, trying to figure out everything, it will obsess him and people WILL notice...and maybe take exception to it. Also, there's a scene in "Flies...", when the A.P.E board reveal they found the nerual patch with Sagan's brain waves on it. Remember in the final chapter they were working on finding a way to access it? If someone hadnt suceeded, Sagan wouldnt have remained brain-dead in the hospital and not prone to the EDX prism's effects. Donatello and Irma will be out to find who threw the pebble across the pond and created those ripples.

Quote:
One part that intrigued me was within Ch. 18, when Sagan was trying to tempt and skew Donatello's thoughts, but yet didn't bother with Michelangelo (in Ch.11). I wonder why not. But also, how Sagan was trying to make Donatello envious of Michelangelo's involvement and being with April. I'm a bit perplexed by Sagan's statement of, "...and feel so over-privileged you don't know what to do with success when you get it..." I don't know how exactly Sagan would tempt Donatello in feeling "over-privileged" and "successful" considering a lot of Donatello's personal inventions and accomplishments are overlooked.
He's talking about Donatello's recent connections with A.P.E. His sucess with them, even if it's through Irma as a contact/represenitive, makes him feel very important. Sagan is aware Donatello doesnt have too big of an ego though, so he's basicly just playing swiss cheese mind games.

Quote:
Fiona's connection and Agatha Marbles:
I enjoyed how you were able to "weave" Fiona's backstory through the paintings to make her related to [SPOILER]Tony "The Butcher" Vivaldi. I'm curious waht made you decide to choose him specifically to be related to Fiona rather than other mob boss criminals in the OT.[/spoiler
It's just a simple matter of
Spoiler:
The Maltease Hamster being my favourite episode of season three and a strong childhood memory

Quote:
Krang's connection with Pen Pal Soda and Shredder: This caught me completely off-guard because I didn't expect this turn of events later in the story at Ch. 15, but it does add another layer of suspense. With Krang giving so much discussion about compromise and conspiracy , as I mentioned before, it reminded me of the political thriller TV show Scandal and with that, I can speculate on a whole variety of outcomes that could occur to see how Krang is planning for the fallout of humanity revealing so much uncomfortable and incriminating truth, and to add even more intrigue, how it could apply to the Turtles and possibly their relationships as well.
Pen Pal Soda will play a big part in the next story, and Raph won't be the only character tempted, and subjected, to it's use.

Quote:
One thing that caught my eye was Shredder working on a "refined training regiment", which would allude to your next novella: Tattooed Teenage Tournament Fighters, but I wonder if it could also involve a Super Shredder or sorts, or a Battle Nexus environment too.
You're right in that it was a big advertisment for TTTF, as for whether or not it could lead to Super Shredder...that's one goal he has in mind, but more on that later.

Quote:
Plus, what made you decide to make Leonardo such an art scholar where he knew so much about these paintings and art history? I'm guessing since Leonardo is an avid reader of classic literature (reading The Three Musketeers in "The Four Musketurtles" and being at the lair's library in "Leonardo is Missing"), that's what made you decide Leonardo could have such knowledge of art?
Pretty much. Evoking more of his namesake, treating it more like a title than a name. I'll ellaborate a bit more in the next book

Quote:
I'm going to challenge you Zarius to see if you can really stretch your writing skills on individually expanding Leonardo's and Raphael's characters. For most TMNT fanfic writers, it seems there's difficulty in writing about one particular Turtle in fully comprehending the motivations of that character, and how they are channeled through a personality that's difficult to relate to. You wouldn't by chance have that difficulty with either Raphael or Leonardo now Zarius, would you?
I accept your challenge. I had a lot of fun with Leo and Raph and I will do my best to further fuel them with strong character motivations in the next book, especially since they will be tested on an endurance level as well as riding the wave of consequential actions in this most recent adventure.

Quote:
Final thoughts: I also forgot to mention that I enjoy the depth you put place behind the plots (the meaning behind the paintings, Tibbit's remarks about criticisms, and Krang's comments about how humanity would react to knowing the absolute truth of things) and the social commentary, because it shows that you have a deeper message to tell to the audience, and displays that you have carefully planned this story out in being able to seamlessly give your opinion about social topics through the characters and their circumstances.

But overall, as I stated at the top, I applaud you for taking that bigger step up with your writing, in have more plotlines "weaved" in your story without making it confusing.
I'm as touched as ever you enjoyed it. I really have you to thank, your continuous and thought provoking annalysis of my stories has informed and entertained me over the last year or so and really pushed me to be as limitless in my storytelling as possible.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-25-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #207
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I feel like Mikey was evolving more and more as the old show was winding down, I suppose it's easy to say relationships like the one he has with April just change you into a more settled, prioritised force of nature, but if you want me to explain it better I'm up for that.
I guess in that scene, I was looking a little bit more of Michelangelo explaining it than Kala, but I'm not critical about it or anything. And OT Michelangelo evolving as the series ended? I don't know if I considered that, I mean one moment that really stuck with me was how Michelangelo was defending Splinter's advice in "Turtle Trek", but personally I thought Michelangelo's "evolution" was forced because of the Red Sky tone rather than something more organic for his character. Though I'm not saying Michelangelo wouldn't, I just feel the heavy hovering Red Sky tone clearly wanted to eliminate the more jovial aspects of the show (i.e. enthusiasm for pizza) and therefore Michelangelo's charming quirks were tossed aside. This position of mine is going on a tangent about my dislikes for the Red Sky seasons, but that's a whole other thing.

Quote:
Mikey's what I like to call the emotional crux of the whole story, our journeyman through the oddysey. He's the one with the most relaxed notions regarding life and settles into every situation, he's also in touch with his feelings a great deal (as shown when he's hurt by perceived neglegence of his birthday, and crying over the mother turtle in "Turtles Turtles Everywhere", which April definitely picked up on and knew exactly what to give him to cheer him up, showing she always had insight into his specific needs and provided an even more sufficient excuse for me to pair them up back when I endevored to tell a beleviable human/turtle love story)
Oh okay... You see I didn't think about such subtext Zarius with that "Turtles, Turtles Everywhere" scene.
It's interesting you should consider Mikey the "emotional crux" of the stories since typically most people like to make Raphael the "emotional crux" with his extreme emotions or at least those with adolescence (teens and 20-somethings). Of course, OT Raphael wasn't as much of a hot-headed as the other Raphaels in the Turtle multiverses, but there were moments (especially in the "Red Sky" seasons) which could take a writer into that trajectory.

Plus for me personally, it's a bit too easy to make Raphael the "emotional crux" of a TMNT story (and which unfortunately seems to be heavily implied in this 2014 movie) since his choleric personality has so much to work through and it's displayed so obviously. But I'm always intrigued when writers decide to use the other three Turtles as the focus because it displays a deeper level of perception since their struggles and hardships are not always obvious as Raphael's. I enjoy reading the stories from this (Michelangelo focused) different light Zarius.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy Raphael-centric stories, but it short-changes Raphael's personality tremendously when his extreme anger is primarily over trifling issues, which makes me question if Splinter really did strictly discipline Raphael well, if the smallest infractions make Raphael so explosively angry like the tantrum of 6 year old kid who doesn't get his way.

Quote:
Donatello will be the reader's avatar in that sense in the next story, trying to figure out everything, it will obsess him and people WILL notice...and maybe take exception to it. Also, there's a scene in "Flies...", when the A.P.E board reveal they found the nerual patch with Sagan's brain waves on it. Remember in the final chapter they were working on finding a way to access it? If someone hadnt suceeded, Sagan wouldnt have remained brain-dead in the hospital and not prone to the EDX prism's effects. Donatello and Irma will be out to find who threw the pebble across the pond and created those ripples.

He's talking about Donatello's recent connections with A.P.E. His sucess with them, even if it's through Irma as a contact/represenitive, makes him feel very important. Sagan is aware Donatello doesnt have too big of an ego though, so he's basicly just playing swiss cheese mind games.
That's right. I should think back to "Flies...". I think my own reading problem was that I was used to the more compartmentalized version of the stories of the first five (even though you clearly indicated to me that these last five stories had strong continuity), and with the sixth and seventh stories being almost just as independent (since the plot points didn't carry over or cross into as much as this eighth story), I wasn't as sensitive to the details with the sixth and seventh stories. That's where I think my confusion is coming from.

Quote:
I accept your challenge. I had a lot of fun with Leo and Raph and I will do my best to further fuel them with strong character motivations in the next book, especially since they will be tested on an endurance level as well as riding the wave of consequential actions in this most recent adventure.
Okay then... I'll keep a look out for that. I'm enthusiastic to see how you will depict these two and what's churning beneath the surface for these two Turtles after all that they have encountered in the next story.

Quote:
I'm as touched as ever you enjoyed it. I really have you to thank, your continuous and thought provoking annalysis of my stories has informed and entertained me over the last year or so and really pushed me to be as limitless in my storytelling as possible.
Thanks Zarius. It's not only you writing good stories and characters, but observing the effort and careful forethought put into your stories is what makes it very appealing and indicates how you are perceiving these stories on many different levels, which is clearly visible in the details and extent of your writing. It's a pleasure to read because the stories are engaging on many different levels (the characters, the relationships, the plots, the social commentary, etc.; which I try to do in my own writing too ), and I'm glad that I was able to help your writing.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #208
ZariusTwo
Overlord

An update for keen readers of the series.

I don't have a timetable for the next novella, but I am thinking of structuring it differently. Possibly a shorter chapter count but with considerably larger page counts for each chapter. I aim to make these last two books in the series feel pretty 'big'.

I've also got a pain-staking amount of pre-production work to do on this next novella, I have to watch a lot of videos on the Tournament Fighters game and absorb all the various fighting moves and powers, as well as research the characters you can select in the game, also reread one of my earlier fanfics to refresh the memory, and then rewatch episodes of another 80s cartoon (bit of a clue to what's being followed up on there) before commencing on this. I'm also in the process of writing two Doctor Who novellas/novels and I want them out of the way before I commence further.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #209
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Some fresh info on the fic as it develops

Spoiler:
1. It will have chapter titles (Example, Chapter 2 is "...But Still It's Farewell...")
2. There's a time-Skip of about seven months
3. What Is "The Quatshell?"'
Old 06-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #210
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome insight onto what we can expect out of this fic, Zarius. I say just take your time and do your research. Sometimes, it's a good idea to do something like that so you can get a fresh perspective on where you want to go with a story. I definitely can't wait for it though.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #211
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks Bubbly, it's a really different take on things this time around and I want to properly nail it, even if it means the fic might not come out for a while
Old 06-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #212
ZariusTwo
Overlord

More teases

Hmm...how can I best describe this one at the moment?

Think of it as a blend between

And

Old 06-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #213
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
An update for keen readers of the series.

I don't have a timetable for the next novella, but I am thinking of structuring it differently. Possibly a shorter chapter count but with considerably larger page counts for each chapter. I aim to make these last two books in the series feel pretty 'big'.

I've also got a pain-staking amount of pre-production work to do on this next novella, I have to watch a lot of videos on the Tournament Fighters game and absorb all the various fighting moves and powers, as well as research the characters you can select in the game, also reread one of my earlier fanfics to refresh the memory, and then rewatch episodes of another 80s cartoon (bit of a clue to what's being followed up on there) before commencing on this. I'm also in the process of writing two Doctor Who novellas/novels and I want them out of the way before I commence further.
The fighting scenes are painstaking work for sure, as you've mentioned before in your emails, but take your time with it Zarius as BubblyShell22 said earlier. You'll see that your hard work and research will pay off in the final polished version!

I had to do similar things in doing so much legwork for my fighting scenes within my own fanfic, and especially for me in visualizing the fights, but probably the bigger issue is as you find yourself writing the details, is how far you want to take the violence rating and brutality since storywriting/actual fighting is more detrimental to the individual fighters than video game fighting.

I'm eager to read the story when it is posted, but I'm more than willing to be patient Zarius.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #214
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks for understanding guys, and for the spirited encouragement and advise.

The fighting and the impact it has on characters have been strongly considered, there will be different and unique approaches to the fighting and the fighters themselves, delving beneath the surface and into the psychological aspects of the players will play a part in things also.

Some characters in the video game I'm looking at will probably also have to be fleshed out by my own improvisation

I'm 5% on the first chapter (does'nt sound like a lot, but it is), and I ironed out how chapters two and three are going to go.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #215
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm 5% on the first chapter (does'nt sound like a lot, but it is), and I ironed out how chapters two and three are going to go.
Oh... I've been there too Zarius . When there's a fighting scene I have to write, my writing gets reduced on average to 1/3 of my normal writing progress. Sometimes at the end of my planned writing time and I review the word count and developments, I'll be thinking, "What? Only that much?!? But I planned for so much today!"
Old 06-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #216
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Heh, whilst it's not even a fight scene I'm currently writing, that's still very true. Fight scenes really is the part where the story completly stalls, and for the next few pages or so you have to take the characters through a physical journey that leads into the next development, but until then, the story stands as still as a statue and it's just glaring at you the entire time, all those chapters waiting to be written staring at you with their rolex watches on their wrists, the only word from their lips being "hurry up".
Old 06-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #217
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Another update.

"Tatooed Teenage Tournament Fighters" has undergone a name change, due to the changing and evolving nature of the story I'm putting together, I felt a much more appropriate title was "The (Cheap) Seats With The Clearest View"
Old 06-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #218
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That's great, Zar. I actually like that name change, so go for it.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #220
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Read and reviewed, Zar. Awesome start to this. Can't wait to see where this goes.