The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #41
lethrhd
Hench Mutant

well time definitly "progresses" that can be inferred just by tracking the technodrome- earths core, dimension x, north pole etc.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #42
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald7 View Post
Either way, The Simpsons analogy is exactly right. A lot of shows just don't happen in real time.
Which is why the "M*A*S*H lasted longer than the war" always kinda rang false. Sure it ran for 9 years and the war only 3, but if you take that and spread it out, it's not longer at all. 251 45 minute episodes are not equal to 3 years...in fact it's an episode for every 4 days of the war.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #43
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethrhd View Post
well time definitly "progresses" that can be inferred just by tracking the technodrome- earths core, dimension x, north pole etc.
I was thinking of something a little more in depth: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ghlight=winter
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #44
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Peanuts time is the common term.
Everyone knows Peanuts stole that idea from The Simpsons. DANG YOU, JESSICA & ASHLEY! *shakes fist*

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:46 AM   #45
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I never understood why so many people her seem to not like this episode, I friggin love it.

I found it nice to see B&Rs old gang again since they were last seen in season 1, and the episode in general was a lot of fun to me.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #46
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Okay ep. I don't know why so many people hate this episode. In my opinion, it's better than other season 3 eps such as Case of the Hot Kimono. I didn't care much for the human cookies plot (it didn't make much sense to me), but I liked the B plot with Rocksteady and Bebop's old gang. It was good to see them again for the first time since season 1. They could've been used more. I think they only appear one more time in the ep Once Upon a Time Machine.

Also, I liked that April had a more active role and was protrayed as a strong woman in this episode. I loved it when she sent Rocksteady flying near the end.

Last edited by Wesley; 09-02-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #47
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Everyone always carps on Mikey losing his "Turtle powers" and/or ninja skills, but it's clear he didn't lose his KNOWLEDGE, just his mutant abilities (strength, durability, tucking his head into his shell, etc.). He even tries to throw Rocksteady toward the end and ends up dangling off his arm. I always saw it as having a hard time getting used to a new body- he even has difficulty skateboarding, though to be fair, the kid pushed him into the bowl before he was ready so he was off-balance to begin with! He almost got the hang of it, but then bailed and landed in the tree. Chalk it up to not being used to the physical changes, like some said.

This actually happens to be one of my favorite episodes, because we see a lot of character development not only for Mikey but the other turtles too. And April as well. We see more about Rocksteady and Bebop's gang and their history, which was also cool. If one overlooks the ridiculous scene at the beginning with those two in "disguise", it is a pretty good episode that shows the advantages the turtles have over normal humans, as well as their desire to fit in. April is shown to be smart, tough, and independent. Aside from the odd choice of having Shredder have them dress up (He SHOULD have just had them start attacking people or robbing a bakery and then pretended to be a grateful shop owner to give them the cookies in disguise himself.) the majority of the episode wasn't nearly as bad as most seem to make it out to be. The shoes and clothes disappearing is a minor quibble, more a problem with the animation than any issue with the plot.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #48
oldmanwinters
Overlord

This episode... haha!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #49
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

As silly as this episode was, it did show us a glimpse of one of the Turtle brothers that simply wanted to be something else other than another outcast that has to hide from humanity.

So, he eats a cookie and eventually finds out that being human isn't quite as bodacious as he thought it would be. Lesson learned.

As for Donatello telling the others that Mikey was to die from the anti-mutagen effects from ingesting that cookie (by being a walking time-bomb), yeah - that was a bit over the top.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #50
Jephael
That whack job behind you

My only grievance with this episode was how Mikey's clothes somehow mutated along with him, especially near the end when the shirt and shorts vanished completely as he changed back into a turtle. It's like the animators were too lazy to simply have him wearing the same getup in both forms.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Also didn't like that despite being a friggin mutant rhino and warthog, bebop and rocksteady were still pretty much scared shitless of their old gang. Both times they appeared, it was clear they were afraid of pissing them off, even though bebop and rocksteady should have been able to take down everyone.

Also, even as a kid it kinda bothered me that they were NOT the old gang Bebop and Rocksteady hung out with in the first season. It woulda been cool to see those other thugs come back.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #52
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Actually, it was the old gang with a few new members. I watched both episodes back-to-back a few months back for some story research, and three of them are the same members from the pilot. Lugnut (the bald guy), the tall skinny guy, and the punk chick with the long hair- of the three, only one had a name or lines in GAH. It is also possible the other members from the pilot were simply elsewhere- locked up perhaps?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:45 PM   #53
Garfield
Hench Mutant

I love "The Gang is all here" yeah it was goofy and stupid, but I don't really care.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #54
cammy85
Stone Warrior

The Saturday morning seasons ruined me especially since this aired in syndication during the fourth and fifth seasons. in short, I liked that the gang were the villains for most of the episode other than the first act and the end. But the discrepancies weren't so good.

The discrepancies about the anti-mutagen were annoying but I guess the properties change just as much as regular mutagen. The Turtles shouldn't have to lose their ninja strength when human and if Michaelangelo were weak he shouldn't have been able to climb the rope either. That is annoying but at least the episode is good otherwise.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #55
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I love "The Gang is all here" yeah it was goofy and stupid, but I don't really care.
It's a good episode, not sure where the complaints of "exact opposite of what Turtles is supposed to be about blah blah blah" and "Laird and Eastman would never do that".

cough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGACrpNOjtk cough
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #56
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

As silly as the whole Mikey-turning-human-equates-to-him-somehow-loosing-his-fighting-skills idea is, what I did like was the theme of how he, and April, are only human, but still have strength within them. Cheesy still, but a good moral for kids I suppose. Also the animation sucked in that ep...they looked too chubby.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote