The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Mighty Bebop
Random Punk

Shout! Factory obtains rights to Next Mutation

I didn't know if anyone else happened to catch this or not, but it was buried deep in an article about Shout! getting the DVD rights to most of the Power Rangers series.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-...-Planned/16646

Quote:
"However, the deal DOES include other Saban programs, including Big Bad Beetleborgs (a.k.a. Beetleborgs Metallix), V.R. Troopers, and the short-lived live-action show Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. The HMM story by John Latchem reports that the "Initial rollout plans for the Saban are slated to begin in summer 2012, according to Shout! Factory, with single-season sets to start and potentially complete-series sets in the future."
Mighty Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I so will be getting this when it comes out. It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. No worse then some of the OT seasons.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yeah, I put this up in the Power Rangers thread we have here. I was just about to bring up the fact SF can release NM when I saw your thread.

NM's a peice of s*it, but at least this'll shut the completists up.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-12-2012 at 08:26 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

So Shout wants to release this, instead of proper DVD season sets of the 4kids series which everyone wants?

Yeah, real smart there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

4kids shot that to hell themselves though by releasing 4 ep disks and season sets in parts. They saturated the market and put out tons of the same things on multiple disks. From a financial standpoint it doesn't make sense for them to put it out.

TNM hasn't been released on DVD yet state side. For them looking at it, they aren't going to have to compete nearly as heavily with people already having it. Now if people will actually buy it that's another mater.

I'll get it because I don't think it is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Yes it's goofy, yes it's cheesy, but not any more so then the later seasons of the OT. I think a lot of it is that people saw the OT as children and still look at it with those kinds of eyes, where as TNM was seen as older children/adults. Taste changes. Those same slapstick antics aren't as appealing as they used to be.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
NM's a peice of s*it, but at least this'll shut the completists up.
Now if we could just find something to shut you up.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I'll get it because I don't think it is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Yes it's goofy, yes it's cheesy, but not any more so then the later seasons of the OT. I think a lot of it is that people saw the OT as children and still look at it with those kinds of eyes, where as TNM was seen as older children/adults. Taste changes. Those same slapstick antics aren't as appealing as they used to be.
TNM was seen as childish drivel. Which it was. It wasnt for "older children/adults", stop talking through your rose-tinted arse just because you want to justify you liking a show everyone with good taste hates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Now if we could just find something to shut you up.

Welcome to the ignore list virgin.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So Shout wants to release this, instead of proper DVD season sets of the 4kids series which everyone wants?

Yeah, real smart there.
I know this is likely an impossible request, but just try to stop saying stupid things.

Shout picked up Power Rangers, TNM just happened to be included. It had nothing to do with picking TNM over the 4Kids series. And I already have the 4Kids series on DVD, so I would much rather get TNM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
TNM was seen as childish drivel. Which it was. It wasnt for "older children/adults", stop talking through your rose-tinted arse just because you want to justify you liking a show everyone with good taste hates.
This isn't the place to be insulting people's opinions just because they aren't the same as yours. This isn't a "Discuss the merits of The Next Mutation" topic.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I know this is likely an impossible request, but just try to stop saying stupid things.

Shout picked up Power Rangers, TNM just happened to be included. It had nothing to do with picking TNM over the 4Kids series. And I already have the 4Kids series on DVD, so I would much rather get TNM.

This isn't the place to be insulting people's opinions just because they aren't the same as yours. This isn't a "Discuss the merits of The Next Mutation" topic.
The 4kids DVDs went to hell during Seasons 3 and 4 with episodes constantly out of order. It's impossible for a newcomer to follow the series without and episode list handy.

Most of these DVDs were aimed at children and were not proper sets until the last batch. Shout giving the entire series proper DVD sets is something many hope for as they release old Nick properties to DVD.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

Way to not read what I said. What I said was that we saw TNM as older children, which is different then seeing it as kids. When it came out those of us in our teens weren't it's target audience. But then to those who are just full of hate it's hard to actually pay attention to others meaning.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Yes, please take it!

-ms
Old 03-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
cryan
Stone Warrior

You know,I wish that Shout! factory got the TMNT license.I have the GI Joe ,Transformers and Sonic The Hedgehog box sets and they are great.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ninjinister View Post
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
ngroove
Random Punk

Don't know about Next Mutation (yet), but man, I'd pay some money, to relive the excitement I've experienced, of the Power Rangers quashing Rita Repulsa's monsters, as well as some Bulk & Skull slapstick!
ngroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #16
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Should've figured someone would already have posted about this here, I heard about it earlier this morning on an anime forum I frequent/moderate.

Can't say I'm that big on NM, but you can bet I'll be getting it just because. I'll watch it at least once, but after that...well, it'll be to say I have it. I'm one of those 'completionists' that were mentioned.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #17
gobo
Wacky Action

I wonder if it'll get a DVD release before my marathon this summer. I'd rather watch DVD-quality uncut garbage than Netflix's lousy streaming picture quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Yeah, pretty much.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #18
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I wonder if it'll get a DVD release before my marathon this summer.
Unlikely. If they're smart, they'll wait till the Nicktoon debuts, then ride that wave of hype to some decent sales numbers.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #19
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss
Yeah for sure, I'll definitely be buying the NM set! Although it's not held in the greatest of esteems, I think NM had some good storylines, and a live action show for TMNT is just awesome in and of itself.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Like it's been stated they didn't pick up TNM, they picked up the license to Saban Brands live action Toku stuff which includes PR's, BBB's, VRT's and TNM. And yes if they're smart they'd wait to release TNM until the Nick show or movie comes out, also this states they have the license to release the DVD sets not that they are planning to release them.

Too bad it won't have the original theme song but at least it's getting released on DVD, it'd be nice if they included the Power Rangers episode where they crossed over but I'm not counting on it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote