The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Let's assemble the ultimate TMNT line up.

Well, the fun thing about TMNT is that there are so many versions of the Franchise and so many different incarnations of the characters each with different back stories.

And so I figured it to be fun to image our ultimate teams of TMNT consisting of members of different incarnations of TMNT.

First up: The SINT (Serious Issues Ninja Turtles)
- AKA the nightmare team, the Turtles who just can't relax. Here's the line up

Leonardo
- The serious Issues Leo would be the one from the Mirage comics. Constantly doubting whether or not he makes the right decisions, if he's spiritually refined enough to be a ninja. Even when at his most serene asking himself if his loved ones are truly at his side.

Raphael
- The Serious issues Raph would be the Raph from the IDW comics, traumatized by his ordeal of growing up without his brothers and Sensei, befriending a blind bum who was murdered by a street gang just because he happened to stray on their turf. Having to deal with Pain non-stop formed him into the explosive character he is.

Donatello
- The serious issues Donnie will be the one from Rise of the Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles, the frustrated, misunderstood nerd who has to deal with three brain dead jocks as brothers who in their ignorance constantly derail any carefully detailed plans. And who isn't beyond using "Gifts" to punish them for it.

Michelangelo
- The serious issues Mikey would be the "Same as it never was" Michelangelo. This Mikey has completely forgotten how to laugh and during his battles lost an arm. But he's also the only Michelangelo of all versions of the TMNT who reached his full potential because he dedicated himself fully to training and keeping out of Shredder's hands, making him the most formidable Mikey of all.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Splinter

Which Splinter would you add?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Which Splinter would you add?
Probably the one from the 2012 series, that Splinter is young, tall and very much traumatized by seeing the death of his wife and the abduction of his daughter and being powerless to stop it. Not to mention that he also has a mean streak and isn't beyond using sadism to train the Turtles.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just pick my preferred lineup?

All 4 Mirage TMNT.

Now, if I'm picking a lineup because I want my lineup to go up against all other lineups, not based on taste?

Fred Wolf Donatello with the other 3 being Mirage. This way the Turtles will actually kill, AND Fred Wolf Donatello can build a fusion-powered flying fortress or something for them to fly around in all by himself from scratch.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:47 PM   #5
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just pick my preferred lineup?

All 4 Mirage TMNT.

Now, if I'm picking a lineup because I want my lineup to go up against all other lineups, not based on taste?

Fred Wolf Donatello with the other 3 being Mirage. This way the Turtles will actually kill, AND Fred Wolf Donatello can build a fusion-powered flying fortress or something for them to fly around in all by himself from scratch.
That's not a bad idea.

Heck we could also do that with Villains, Baron Drexum of Rise of the TMNT teaming up with Fred Wolf's Bebop and Rocksteady for example.

2003 Ch'rell and Kraang Subprime working together to overthrow the Utrom high councel and facing them would be the 2012 Bishop and the 2003 Turtles.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #6
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

My picks:

Leo- 4kids version. He feels like the most fleshed out version of the character outside the comics, and I love his determination to follow the path of Honor. My favorite version of my favorite turtle.

Donnie- The nick version. I love how incredibly dorky he is, the perfect way I would envision Donnie. His crush on April was an interesting twist on the character, and it could lead to some interesting character development when she ends up with Casey.

Mikey- The IDW version; I love how caring and positive he can be, but yet he can even stand up to his father Splinter when he disagrees with him. I love his ability to read Japanese, and he is the version of Mikey I enjoy reading about the most.

Raph- original move version. This was a hotheaded and rebel Raph, who had a lot of toughness and grit, but was slightly more restrained than Mirage Raph, which just worked for me.

I think the Archie turtles are cool, and the OT turtles were awesome, as a product of their time. The rest of the turtle versions, I kind of find to be Meh.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I absolutely love this thread idea.

First up, Teenage Mutant Goofy Turtles.

2012 Leonardo: Not the goofiest turtle out there, but certainly has much more dorky moments than the vast majority of Leonardos with the exception of Rise (But I chose 2012 because there is another Rise turtles who I have chosen for this list).

Rise Donatello: Love Rise Don's sarcastic and witty sense of humour, I can imagine him having some pretty damn funny interactions with 1987 Raphael in particular, although he could also have a field day in poking fun at 2012 Leo's obsession with Space Heroes, his crush on Karai and the like.

1987 Raphael: The same reasons as Rise Don.

2003 Michelangelo: Pretty self-explanatory, all around goofball in pretty much every aspect. Was a bit torn on choosing between him and 2012 Mikey (Oddly enough, the other two Michelangelos from the goofier cartoons are less goofy). However, I wanted one turtle from each cartoon, so I went with 2003 Mikey, as 2003 Leo wouldn't really fit as a goofy turtle, in the event that I chose 2012 Mikey.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:51 AM   #8
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Here's my line up for the TMKT or "Teenage Mutant Kunoichi Team"

Taking the place of Leonardo as leader would be April O'Neil of the 2012 series. Because of her significant psychic abilities and also because of her clear and sober mind which enables her to take well thought out decisions. And has shown to be capable of leading the team on missions.

Taking the place of Donatello would be Irma from the Fred Wolf series, while she isn't that much of a fighter, she does know her way around devices and could be a good asset to the team as in providing electronic cover, jamming security cameras, hacking computers and the likes.

Taking the place of Raphael would be Alopex from the IDW comics series. Much like Raph himself, Alopex is driven by anger and traumas but she's also bound by honor and a skilled fighter.

Finally, taking the place of Michelangelo is another character from the IDW series: Jennika When after the defeat of the Rat Kingm those kids were put in the care of the Foot clan, both Jennika and Mikey have shown themselves to be pretty good babysitters. But much as is the case with Mikey, although Jenny has shown her softer side, she still is a highly skilled ninja and not to be underestimated.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #9
TommyT
Banned

Good thread idea.

Can we add look and feel to this? Persona is one aspect, but which artist/style does your ultimate line up get? (And Mirage has a ton, so who and when?)

If we were to do the Serious issues TMNT, I’d definately want some kind of A.C.Farley, Simone Bianchi combo.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #10
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Good choice. FW Don fits in pretty well with the Mirage TMNT because he's capable of conflict.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:10 PM   #11
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

How about the OCYRTMWNT AKA: the Of Course You realize This Means War Ninja Turtles. Where our heros are blood thirsty war machines.

Leonardo would be Maximus Kong from the 2012 series "Mutant apocalypse" special

Donatello, would be the one from the "Urban legends" Image comics series, who's body has been fused permanently to a cyborg which is constantly trying to take over his mind.

Raphael, would be the one from the Future arc from the Archies comics, the one who lost an eye in his fight against Armaggon and who later tore Verminator X a new one. Simply because with his appearance, the Archie comics went from happy go lucky to seriously dark.

Michelangelo, would be the one from the original Mirage comics. We're talking about a version of Mikey who kills, lashes out in anger and could give Raph a run for his money in intensity but at the same time is good natured and always ready to help out