The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #2621
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
pretty cool

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #2622
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
Well Power Rangers annual comes out first along with Pink issue 4 August 24th. The sixth issue comes out August 31st. I just use this site to keep up with the relese dates myself.

https://pulllist.comixology.com/boom...ios/2016/08/31
Thanks. I have to rely on Mile High Comics weekly newsletter that had every release for the coming Wednesday. Getting further ahead on non-DC/ Marvel titles is a difficult web search.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #2623
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I think you might mean Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, where their "legendary battle" is called "Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle".
Yeah, I was trying to remember those names but I couldn't so I just said f**k it and put zyuranger.

Also I watched that one episode where Jason and his cousin Jeremy find that map. There actually appears to be a lot of errors in it. Like you can see a Japanese/Chinese guy in the background at some points wearing green (unmorphed) so perhaps its the Green Ranger in the stock footage. Tommy wasn't even in the episode. If I see the Sentai version I'll watch it to make sure. There was also the part where they do the shot of all the rangers right after morphin. Tommy wasn't there so they literally just tried to crop him out of the shot. But you can still see his power coin and his leg. Good job Saban. There are some more errors but I cant remember them. There was one with Scorpina and that mirror. But when I do remember I'll probably speak about it.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:54 PM   #2624
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
Yeah, I was trying to remember those names but I couldn't so I just said f**k it and put zyuranger.

Also I watched that one episode where Jason and his cousin Jeremy find that map. There actually appears to be a lot of errors in it. Like you can see a Japanese/Chinese guy in the background at some points wearing green (unmorphed) so perhaps its the Green Ranger in the stock footage. Tommy wasn't even in the episode. If I see the Sentai version I'll watch it to make sure. There was also the part where they do the shot of all the rangers right after morphin. Tommy wasn't there so they literally just tried to crop him out of the shot. But you can still see his power coin and his leg. Good job Saban. There are some more errors but I cant remember them. There was one with Scorpina and that mirror. But when I do remember I'll probably speak about it.
First of all, he'd be Japanese since this is derived from a Japanese show. Anyway, it was the alter-ego of TriceraRanger (Blue Ranger).

If you think that's bad though, the whole show is riddled with errors due to the use of the Japanese footage. My personal favorites though, are when characters or items from a Sentai that don't really get used in the PR series pop up every now and then. I have a whole set of notes on those kinds of things. It's cool though, because some of the things from a Sentai might get used in a toy line even if the don't get used in the show. Check out "Calamity Kimberly" where the Battle Bikes show up for more than a second. Then there's Power Rangers in Space, where a villainess appears through footage from its Sentai counterpart that's used in the PRIS episode.

Speaking of Sentai, Shout! Factory won't be shipping the Ohranger set two weeks early to people who pre-order anymore.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShoutFact...0438345729?p=v
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:16 AM   #2625
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A new photo of Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa has been released.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ngers#/slide/1
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #2626
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post

Can you get screenshots?
Old 08-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #2627
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Sooo Rita was frozen for 10 thousand years???
Old 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #2628
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Can you get screenshots?
This link might be good. It's from a site that shows what footage was used for the episodes.

http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/130.htm
Old 08-16-2016, 05:07 PM   #2629
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Kinda worried about the 'dark and edgey' Power Rangers reboot. Let me guess, one is gonna be a druggie, one will have parents going through a divorce, some other teen drama crap. Maybe Kimberly got pregnant and doesn't know who the father is and Zack was a drug pushing hustler before turning his life around. Or Jason is secretly dying of cancer.

Like no offense, I know some of these issues are real for many people, but get all that of that dark and gloom crap out of here. It's like... noone likes happy stuff anymore. I don't mean overly campy and colorful like the original MMPR show, but just make the characters act more modern and more bad-ass without adding dark emo crap. Now even Superman... SUPERMAN of all people is also acting dark and emo, it's like Hollywood feels noone can relate with the protagonists if they're not all ****ed up anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #2630
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

well let's face it, Tom Welling's protrayal of Clark Kent on Smallville kinda set up the whole dark and emo garbage, but i do agree with you there about how yeah it seems as though Hollywood feels noone can relate with the protagonists if they're not all ****ed up anymore.

also, so now Rita's frozen for 10,000 years eh? still like the dumpster thing lol

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #2631
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Kinda worried about the 'dark and edgey' Power Rangers reboot. Let me guess, one is gonna be a druggie, one will have parents going through a divorce, some other teen drama crap. Maybe Kimberly got pregnant and doesn't know who the father is and Zack was a drug pushing hustler before turning his life around. Or Jason is secretly dying of cancer.

Like no offense, I know some of these issues are real for many people, but get all that of that dark and gloom crap out of here. It's like... noone likes happy stuff anymore. I don't mean overly campy and colorful like the original MMPR show, but just make the characters act more modern and more bad-ass without adding dark emo crap. Now even Superman... SUPERMAN of all people is also acting dark and emo, it's like Hollywood feels noone can relate with the protagonists if they're not all ****ed up anymore.
Okay, you need to just slow down.

Just because they're said to be toning down the cheesiness for this movie, that doesn't mean it's going to be dark and edgy. That's just stupid ass speculation thought up by stupid ass people. It's one thing to make it more mature, but at the end of the day, this is POWER RANGERS. Nobody will be doing drugs and nobody will be pregnant. If anything, it would be more along the lines of the comics that have been coming out, or even like seasons like Lightspeed Rescue or Time Force. Not like that Power/Rangers short film. So don't get carried away with these assinine thoughts.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #2632
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Okay, you need to just slow down.

Just because they're said to be toning down the cheesiness for this movie, that doesn't mean it's going to be dark and edgy. That's just stupid ass speculation thought up by stupid ass people. It's one thing to make it more mature, but at the end of the day, this is POWER RANGERS. Nobody will be doing drugs and nobody will be pregnant. If anything, it would be more along the lines of the comics that have been coming out, or even like seasons like Lightspeed Rescue or Time Force. Not like that Power/Rangers short film. So don't get carried away with these assinine thoughts.
That's what you say now...... let's just wait until the movie comes out. Then Zordon is really going to see 'teenagers with attitude'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 08-16-2016, 11:21 PM   #2633
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
That's what you say now...... let's just wait until the movie comes out. Then Zordon is really going to see 'teenagers with attitude'.
I'd say you secretly want the movie to be dark and gritty.

I say the tone would be more like Supergirl, and not so much like Gotham, where everyone is miserable and nobody is happy.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:02 AM   #2634
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Though I see what you did there, I like Gotham lol

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-17-2016, 01:29 AM   #2635
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
I watch Gotham too, but it was the best example I could think of as a contrast.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:41 AM   #2636
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

I say the tone would be more like Supergirl, and not so much like Gotham, where everyone is miserable and nobody is happy.
Nope not really. Just without the cheese and taken a bit more seriously and much more bad ass, which for most people nowadays seems to equal doom and gloom and dark and edgey emo stuff. I kinda don't want to see Jason brooding over being a Power Ranger and constantly complaining that he never asked for these powers, or Kimberly whining that 'she just wants to be normal' and other such nonsense.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:44 AM   #2637
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Nope not really. Just without the cheese and taken a bit more seriously and much more bad ass, which for most people nowadays seems to equal doom and gloom and dark and edgey emo stuff. I kinda don't want to see Jason brooding over being a Power Ranger and constantly complaining that he never asked for these powers, or Kimberly whining that 'she just wants to be normal' and other such nonsense.
I see nothing wrong with that, and since Jason's the leader, of course he's bound to feel some kind of pressure. I don't think they're going to take it to the extreme you think they will anyhow.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #2638
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Kinda worried about the 'dark and edgey' Power Rangers reboot. one will have parents going through a divorce
That...actually happened to Kimberly in the original show.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #2639
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Quote:
I watch Gotham too, but it was the best example I could think of as a contrast.
I gave up on Gotham after four episodes. All of the adult female characters, except for Jada Pinkett Smith's, were so badly written. It was also a really dumb move by the writers to create a forced and sloppy love-triangle at the very beginning of a new show. Even though people say that season two is much better I still have no regret watching it because Fall 2015 and early 2016 were not some of the happiest times of my life. The fact that you mentioned that every single character on that show is miserable and unhappy makes me even more glad I stopped watching it.

As for the of the reboot I remember reading that the director said that it would be a "coming of age story". These young characters are apparently not going to be friends when the film starts, but they will soon become close after putting aside their differences while becoming superheroes. He did say though that it will still be fun and playful. The film's writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz did some really great things with Thor and X-Men: First Class. This movie might have the feeling of those films, which is a good thing in my book.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #2640
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That...actually happened to Kimberly in the original show.
Exactly. Additionally, at least nine rangers had parents who DIED. A few of them were shown to have been deeply affected by it, and there are some that you'd say were emo about it. However, it wasn't done in a gritty way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
As for the of the reboot I remember reading that the director said that it would be a "coming of age story". These young characters are apparently not going to be friends when the film starts, but they will soon become close after putting aside their differences while becoming superheroes. He did say though that it will still be fun and playful. The film's writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz did some really great things with Thor and X-Men: First Class. This movie might have the feeling of those films, which is a good thing in my book.
Yes, I do remember how they said the movie will still be fun and playful.

Come to think of it, there was even a season that dealt with a post-apocalyptic time. It was one of the more mature seasons, and yet it still had room for humor.

Tags
power rangers