The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #15581
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Damn this sucks. Nia was never given a chance to earn a title or anything.
Well, it's gonna go to Asuka for the next 5 years. Maybe every other woman goes to Smackdown, where they have a chance for the title. That could make a decent story.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #15582
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Well, it's gonna go to Asuka for the next 5 years. Maybe every other woman goes to Smackdown, where they have a chance for the title. That could make a decent story.
You have the roadblock known as Charlotte waiting on Smackdown.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #15583
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
You have the roadblock known as Charlotte waiting on Smackdown.
Everyone's beaten Charlotte clean.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #15584
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Because she's a face. You put her back in the heel role and she's going to steamroll the division like she did on Raw.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:37 PM   #15585
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Not only did Fashion Files make Breezeango a delightful part of Smackdown every week, it's given purpose to the Ascension and made them likable too.

If this doesn't end with these four as best friends, I will be upset.

By the way, geez, how much fun must these four guys be having with this? They even got to do a pretty spot on Twin Peaks parody. It got them all on television again and over with fans, to boot.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #15586
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bray and Reigns are out of TLC

AJ Styles will face Finn Balor, while Reigns will be replaced in the TLC match by...KURT ANGLE!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/92146...s-roman-reigns
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #15587
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Bray and Reigns are out of TLC

AJ Styles will face Finn Balor, while Reigns will be replaced in the TLC match by...KURT ANGLE!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/92146...s-roman-reigns
The good news then is that Bray won't have to wrestle as Sister Abigail. A blessing in disguise with him sick.

As for Kurt, that must really be serious desperation on the WWE. I just hope a TLC match doesn't cripple Kurt and hurt him severely.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #15589
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Huge changes to sunday's TLC card

Old 10-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #15590
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I just saw Roman Reigns has the mumps and Kurt Angle takes his place. Balor will now face Smackdown's AJ Styles. The fun was sucked out of this one and I was really looking forward to this!!! Maybe this will allow the alleged Dean turning on Seth to be pushed back.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #15591
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I wondered if something was up. Bo Dallas vanished with it being said he was under the weather and Bray Wyatt hasn't been a physical presence on TV in about a month. Sounds like there's sickness going around the locker room. It really sucks the air out of the room for the main event, but Kurt Angle returning to the ring is big on par with the Shield reunion, so it works, even if it's not what we wanted, really.

Also, it gives us AJ Styles vs Finn Balor, which has potential and elevats the card from being a one match show.

Quote:
The good news then is that Bray won't have to wrestle as Sister Abigail. A blessing in disguise with him sick.
If they're smart, they'll just drop it here, keep him off TV for a couple weeks and never mention it again. We're wrestling fans. We're used to just letting dumb crap slide to the background and forgetting about it.

Except the "Anonymous Raw GM" thing, which no one could let go until WWE finally just said "to hell with it" and revealed it to be frigging Hornswoggle, so yeah, clamoring for an answer to that really worked out.

Quote:
Maybe this will allow the alleged Dean turning on Seth to be pushed back.
Way, way back, hopefully. I'm down with a Dean heel turn, but it's too early into a Shield reunion for that. It needs time, or why bother doing it again to start with?
Old 10-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #15592
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Kevin Owens sent home for "personal reasons"

https://411mania.com/wrestling/kevin...eekend-events/
Those personal reasons turned out to be a family issue

Old 10-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #15593
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Why? Reigns sucks, Angle's a legend, and Finn/Styles is a dream match. The fun factor just tripled with this.

With Reigns out "indefinitely", major rewrites are under way for RAW

Also, the plan was for the five-on-three main event to go pretty long, now the plan is to give that time to Styles vs Balor.

http://rajah.com/node/58526

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-21-2017 at 07:38 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #15594
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Why? Reigns sucks, Angle's a legend, and Finn/Styles is a dream match. The fun factor just tripled with this.
I am casual fan only interested in a few wrestlers. Of all of the active wrestlers only Roman the the Shield faction interest me. So my personal interest disappeared when Roman/Joe fell ill.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #15595
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:

Also, the plan was for the five-on-three main event to go pretty long, now the plan is to give that time to Styles vs Balor.

http://rajah.com/node/58526
This alleviates a lot of my worries then from before with Kurt Angle. Looks like win-win. We get a very likely candidate for WWE MOTY in Finn vs Styles, no more Reigns for the time being, and Kurt will hopefully not take too many insane bumps, allowing us to see if he can still go pretty well in WWE.

The last part is especially important to me because Kurt Angle is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. I'd prefer if he wrestled at WrestleMania or made a surprise appearance in the Royal Rumble instead of this impromptu replacement; wish it wasn't announced for a bigger surprise. Then again, WWE needs to get the Network purchases in. Either way, welcome back to the ring, Kurt. It's true, it's damn true.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #15596
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 10-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #15597
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

That TLC match was silly, but fun in a car wreck sort of way. Its main problem was that it was simply too long and had too many dull sequences in the middle. The start and finish were pretty great, though, and hey, I'm really looking forward to what's coming out of it. Braun hunting down the members of his team like a slasher villain is going to be fun.

I figure this is probably how they're going to retire Kane for good, too. Braun's going to try to work the magic he did with Show to get one last good match out of Kane, then brutalize him into retirement. It makes sense, if that's the plan. The new monster demolishes the old, firmly establishing himself. Go out on your shield. Glenn Jacobs is fifty now, too, and definitely at the end of his long career.

I'm torn on Asuka vs Emma. I feel like Asuka should have just trucked her. Especially given how generally ineffective Emma's been recently. At the same time, Emma got to actually work and show how good she's always been and Asuka looked great, so geh. Either way, we're just marking time now until Asuka kicks Alexas head off for the Raw womens title.

Finn vs Styles was the match of the show and damn if I'm not thankful we got it. We went from guaranteed stinker to hot fire.

Enzo vs Kalisto was what it was. Enzo actually makes me want to see him lose, he's such a slimeball, and for once it's for the right reasons. Dude's definitely money as a heel. He still has a way to go as a wrestler, but we're at the point where his title match wasn't all that bad, so big step up. If they don't push Ali as a top contender, there's a problem.

The rest of the matches were fine. Honestly, regarding the match quality, the PPV was fairly strong overall.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:17 AM   #15598
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

^Agree with everything you said, dl316bh.

Well, except that I'm a bit of a mark for Bliss, so, when the match between her and Asuka finally happens I hope Bliss cheats to retain to get some real heat on her. I hope Asuka plows her way through the roster first though, regaining the traction the undefeated streak had going in NXT.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:47 AM   #15599
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
^Agree with everything you said, dl316bh.

Well, except that I'm a bit of a mark for Bliss, so, when the match between her and Asuka finally happens I hope Bliss cheats to retain to get some real heat on her. I hope Asuka plows her way through the roster first though, regaining the traction the undefeated streak had going in NXT.
I really, really like Alexa Bliss too - and I'm glad she's gone further and improved more than I ever thought she would, holding both womens titles multiple times now, when there was a time in NXT that she couldn't do more than flip around and she never ended up holding that title - but I genuinely think that, when the time comes, you just gotta pull the trigger on Asuka. I feel like WWE sometimes pulls that escape out too often, with Bliss even using it a couple times, and I fear it would hurt Asuka. I'd play her as a force, immune to the usual Raw shenanigans, until someone can just straight up beat her legitimately because they're good enough. For that, who knows. Maybe Ember Moon - bringing that rivalry full circle on the main roster, with Moon finally winning - or Kairi Sane whenever either of them are called up.

Alexa Bliss is already made on the main roster, after all, being a four time champion, all four reigns lengthy ones. Alexa has held one of the two Womens straps for most of this calendar year. When Asuka trucks her, she's not going to be hurt by it. Hell, she's more important to the womens division at this point than half the Four Horsewomen.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:01 AM   #15600
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah, those are all fair points.

I just find with Bliss, she's getting those big pops reserved for babyfaces and I don't want to see her fall into the type of heel that everyone cheers for. Her pulling a fast one and illegitimately ending Asuka's undefeated streak could fix that.

But yeah, you're right. Alexa's pretty bulletproof for the time being, so the focus should be put more on establishing Asuka.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling