The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #17121
Leo656
The Franchise

Let's all take a moment in observation of the date of birth of my Spirit Animal, mentor, and dear personal (Facebook) friend... "Easy E" Eric Bischoff!

He also had THE GREATEST THEME SONG EVER.

"There's a lotta love in this room!"
-E.B.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 05-27-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #17122
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I wonder how things would be had Wcw won the Monday Night Wars and it was Wwe that folded. I was listening to a shoot from Eric and he said it was close to going that way and was asked would he hired Vince McMahon in a role in Wcw if it went that way, which he responded he would but only if he could create the right storyline..

But Leo, fantasy book a scenario had WWE gone under and WCW ended up being the winner of the war.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:36 PM   #17123
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually was doing that way back in like 2001 as a way to cope with my grief.

I'm actually devoting all my creative energies to another project right now and don't wanna get distracted, but that's definitely a very intriguing idea that I wouldn't mind taking a swing at.

Instead, check this out. It's a tribute video my wife put together for the promotion I started with, National Wrestling Superstars (and then "National Pro Wrestling Superstars"), when the owner retired a few years ago.

Lots and lots of fun memories. Keep an eye open for quite a few familiar faces, including Rikishi, Viscera, Snitsky, Goldust, Carlito, The Nasty Boys, Kurt Angle, Brutus Beefcake, Koko B. Ware, Q.T. Marshall, Balls Mahoney, KEVIN NASH and MORE! (I'm in it too, obviously. )

My wife worked really hard on this, including shooting 100% of the footage, and it's really good, so please give it a look.

Music is "We Are What You Say" and "Whispers and Ashes" by the incomparable Dead Sara. Enjoy.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:54 PM   #17124
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Impact Wrestling just signed Deonna Perruzo who formely an NXT Talent hated working for WWE cause they never used her. She was supposed to be a Tag Team with Chelsea Green but it never happend.
Yeah, I just found out, too bad AEW didn't try to scoop her up.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:23 AM   #17125
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
My wife worked really hard on this, including shooting 100% of the footage, and it's really good, so please give it a look.

Music is "We Are What You Say" and "Whispers and Ashes" by the incomparable Dead Sara. Enjoy.
That was a well stitched together highlight reel mate. your girl has a sight for the 'sizzle' and captured some great action shots, I'm really impressed by the sheer pedigree of guest talent they got for those shows.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:51 AM   #17126
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, yeah, we had tons of guys. Especially around convention season. Often there would be a big convention about an hour or less away, with dozens of huge names there signing all afternoon, and then most of them would go work an indy show later that night. So we'd usually get a couple of big names for the weekend. That's how we got Angle, I think.

It wasn't just that, though, they'd generally bring big names in every weekend, anyway, especially if the guys were "taking a break" for two or three months between TV companies. Or if TNA was in town around the same time doing house shows. They're not in the video but we had Raven, Hall, Syxx-Pac, Mickie James, Chavo Guerrero, Val Venis, Sabu, and Mr. Anderson, too. I'm forgetting a ton of people. We even had f*cking Vader. The show I went to where I discovered the company in 2008 had Demolition, Traci Brooks, Tom Brandi and a bunch of other guys. It was awesome.

Since pretty much everywhere in NJ is about an hour and a half at most away from Newark airport, it's really easy for guys to come in and make four or five grand in a weekend. Or more. Kev probably got more. But yeah, we had a real hot streak for a while. Guys like me and Janela would be in the opening match while the Name Guys worked the main events. They usually showed up about two hours before the show started, and they'd set up their merch table and then they'd just hang out watching guys train and sit around bullsh*tting with guys they know. Most of the time they'd get in the ring and show us a few things, sometimes they'd have a full-blown "Seminar" before the show that was mandatory for everyone and cost money.

It was worth it, though, and to be fair most of the guys were happy to help "train" us for free. Most guys in the business can't help but get involved when they see you doing something they think could be better, even if it's already okay in the first place. Like Sabu pulled me off to the side and showed me the proper way to do a headlock; I'd been training for months and he explained a few things that nobody else had bothered to.

Y'know who's awesome is Rikishi. He always helps out. One time, me and my buddy were on the side of the gym chain wrestling because the ring was full, so we were working a long-ass sequence of stuff out of a lock-up that had us end up exchanging reversals on the floor and such, and Rikisihi was over at his table and he started watching, and he was like "Do that again," so we started the whole thing from the beginning, and then he was like "That's good, I like that." So that was cool. He was always good for stuff like that.

It was a good scene. You learn a lot very quickly by being around those kinda people every weekend. Like as far as psychology-wise, more even than the in-ring, you can learn more in a weekend than you can in months if you're listening to the right people. But you can learn a lot about the in-ring, too. One time they brought in these two British dudes, Kid Fite and Andy Wilde, and they did a whole big seminar on European chain-wrestling before the show. Then I lent them my Queen CD for theme music, and they popped huge when I used some of their chain-wrestling stuff in my match that night. Again, I learned stuff in that one weekend that I still use whenever I can.

Good times. Things slowed down a lot when they shut down. New promoter was good, but he moved out of state. Wasn't friends with the new guys who took over the "territories". You know how it is. But 2010-2013 was a hot run. I'll always look back on it fondly.

My wife says thanks, by the way. She hopes you liked the music.

I show up in it a few times doing Security, too, if you look close. I'm the one taking the Extended Remix Black Hole Slam from the large tribal African fellow. We used to run that spot every weekend, almost. That's how you learn to take the Big Sh*t. His name was Aaron, and he was a good brother. Taught me a ton. He sadly passed away in 2017 but he helped a lot of good people and we all speak of him fondly and often.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #17127
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like Mcmahon is doing a Drunk Driving storyline with Jeff Hardy tonight. Regarding Hardy he has had DUI's in the past.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-29-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:18 PM   #17128
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Vince is getting desperate

He has that Hacker angle that will probably will go nowhere or revealed to be underwhelming and/ or disappointing

And now this drunken driver angle with Jeff Hardy....which I suspect will turn out either Sheamus or Corbin set up Jeff.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:47 AM   #17129
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post

He has that Hacker angle that will probably will go nowhere or revealed to be underwhelming and/ or disappointing

And now this drunken driver angle with Jeff Hardy....which I suspect will turn out either Sheamus or Corbin set up Jeff.
Yep.... I'll just continue with AEW and never look back. WWE has lost. It just... lost it. All it has going for it anymore is it's history of better times and classic characters from the WWF era. That's why they keep relying on bringing back Edge, Undertaker and whoever else they can still bring back. Even Shawn Micheals who said he'd never get into the ring again was somehow talked into it for a few matches. It's pathetic anymore.

Oh, on other news, I managed to get an interview for my small and humble podcast with Priscilla Kelly. That's happening tonight, the podcast itself should be up tomorrow or so after editing.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 05-30-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #17130
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
That Hacker angle is a direct rip off of Sami Callihan's gimmick currently in Impact wrestling its pathetic. Sami has even gone off on twitter calling them out about it
Old 05-30-2020, 02:40 PM   #17131
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Right after the Jeff Hardy angle ran, WWE fired Smackdown's head writer.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:33 PM   #17132
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Wow, that was fun.

The interview with Priscilla Kelly was fun and we touched a few topics about her other interests and such that she doesn't talk about that often. She was such a sweetheart and she was a good sport despite a lot of unforeseen things that happened. One of our guys couldn't make it so we had to ask his questions on his behalf, which he probably would have worded better himself, and another friend got technical difficulties near the beginning of the podcast so he missed out on the whole thing, which caused a few pauses because we were waiting to see if he could get back in. But despite all that she was fun.

I'll post the link to it later tonight after I finish uploading it.

EDIT- here's the link
Hopefully it opens the door to future interviews, but man, I was just happy to get her on our humble little show and channel.

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 05-31-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:24 AM   #17134
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Jeff Hardy in a sobriety angle?

Must be 2009.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #17135
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Surprise,surprise....it was Sheamus who set him up lol

Not shocking really because it was so obvious but I guess I'm a little shocked that they didnt milk this out a bit instead of coming to a quick 1 week reveal that it was Sheamus.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #17136
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I was hoping he did it for the Rock.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:36 AM   #17137
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Paul Heymen has been removed from creative, Bruce Pritchard will now run both RAW and Smackdown
Old 06-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #17138
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Paul Heymen has been removed from creative, Bruce Pritchard will now run both RAW and Smackdown
You know the funny thing about that? I just read an article yesterday afternoon with Bischoff explaining why he did not last long overseeing Smackdown and it made sure to emphasize that Heyman was still overseeing Smackdown.

Carrying on during the pandemic did not help the production.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #17139
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Kris Statlander
@callmekrisstat
Since the news is out. I told you I?d dive on Kip again and dammit I did. But in doing so, I ended up with a high grade tear in my ACL. Yes I need surgery. Yes I?ll be out of the ring for a while. I?ll do my best to still show up on your TVs as much as I can.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #17140
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is there a site that sells retro wrestling shirts? I always wanted to won that Mankind Have a Nice Day with a WWF logo?

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling