The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-08-2019, 07:05 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

X-Men: The Animated Series Making A Comeback?

The creators of the hit 1990s animated version of the X-Men have developed a five year plan for a comeback and are pitching it to Disney

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...reboot-sequel/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #2
Vicky82
Emperor

Cool, if they say yes, then there could be some glimmer of hope for Gargoyles.

Last edited by Vicky82; 06-08-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah... This is not going to happen. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to produce more seasons a children's cartoon that ended years ago, which is why it rarely ever happens and flops when it does. Plus the fact that there has been two unrelated X-Men cartoons since...

A far more likely scenario is that we get another reboot. Which, to be honest, would be pretty nice considering the X-men haven't had a cartoon in 10 years. There was that 12 episode anime in 2011 but I don't think that counts. And thankfully those awful movie MCU shilling Disney XD inhouse Marvel cartoon finally seem to be going away in favor of, once again, actually letting real animation studios handle it.

So while I don't think X-Men the animated series actually making a comeback seems likely, a new X-Men cartoon on Hulu seems quite plausible.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:04 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
And thankfully those awful movie MCU shilling Disney XD inhouse Marvel cartoon finally seem to be going away in favor of, once again, actually letting real animation studios handle it.
Interestingly, in it's final season, X-Men: TAS was itself being animated by cheaper studios
Old 06-08-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Not going to happen. Marvel Animation is dead.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #6
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Needs to happen. Put it on Disney+ along with all the old episodes of the X-Men Animated Series.

We already know that Disney is not going to immediately dump X-Men into the movies. There will be a cooling off period. So while we wait for that, setting them up in animation in the meantime is the perfect way to keep them in the public eye -- especially that of kids, who need to be introduced to these characters.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
A far more likely scenario is that we get another reboot. Which, to be honest, would be pretty nice considering the X-men haven't had a cartoon in 10 years. There was that 12 episode anime in 2011 but I don't think that counts. And thankfully those awful movie MCU shilling Disney XD inhouse Marvel cartoon finally seem to be going away in favor of, once again, actually letting real animation studios handle it.

So while I don't think X-Men the animated series actually making a comeback seems likely, a new X-Men cartoon on Hulu seems quite plausible.
Wolverine and the X-men aired around 2011, didn't it? It lasted 26 episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wolverine and the X-men aired around 2011, didn't it? It lasted 26 episodes.
It premiered and concluded in 2009.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Stranger things have happened, I guess, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This doesn't need to happen at all, I love X-Men TAS and I loved the 90s marvel animated universe in general. My first taste at what marvel was all about. But not only was it a product of its time, I rewatched X-Men TAS a few years ago and was surprised by how well it held up.

However, they did everything they ever could with the characters and the last season gave us a series finale, maybe not the greatest but it felt like an end. I don't want this universe re-explored with retcons or continuing from the last episode either. If they want to do anything then I'd accept a crossover MCAU with X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk and all the other MCAU shows that aired in the 90s crossing over for one final adventure as a movie or season, now that is something I could get on board for. Another season of Spider-Man TAS or X-Men? not so much.

X-Men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men are the two shows I could get behind one last season. But yeah I'd much rather have a new X-Men show than any of this.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Now get me ending of the Spider-Man TAS!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:02 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Now get me ending of the Spider-Man TAS!
That almost happened a couple of years ago. John Semper produced an audio-exclusive version of the ending with the original voice actors that would have been a reward to people who funded his Kickstarter, but the project wound up being underfunded and nothing came of it. A few excerpts exist though
Old 06-09-2019, 03:50 AM   #13
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

What if it's like the quality of the last 5-6 episodes? They were awful. I am sure Chris Potter wouldn't return to voice Gambit and he made the character, the animation would suck. With PC the way it is, I really hope this does not happen.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote