The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #15561
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post

It's disheartening that even though I love Royal Rumble, the most exciting winner in the last five years has been Randy Orton, and even his storyline was complete bull.
I can't help but wonder if it had been Bray Wyatt that won this year's Royal Rumble if anything would change. Poor guy is as threatening as a kitten nowadays.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #15562
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

If you wanna see What Bray Wyatt should have been watch Marty The Moth on Lucha Underground.Marty does the obsessive Psycho really well. Hell he actually has a sister too.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #15563
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Dave Meltzer actually brought up a good point in a podcast bit I listened to on Youtube on Roman Reigns and why WWE keeps desperately trying to make him "the guy". Mainly that, who else is there who fits the mold, with Cena frequently on hiatus? I actually had to think on that and I can't think of many. Meltzer seems to think if someone else comes along who is a more complete package they'll stop trying to force Reigns to be a thing, but until that point, eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I don't want him booked like Cena at his peak myself, how should he be booked?
I'd personally say he should be like a vulnerable human being who can lose sometimes and who isn't shot to the moon at the first opportunity. It does a lot for a guy. Superhumans who rarely lose haven't been popular since the 80's, at least not in the role of babyface. At the very least, very few superhuman faces have worked out since those days. Two of the most over stars in WWE history are Stone Cold and the Rock and even at their peak those dudes lost quite a bit. I think a lot of the problem with Roman is the same as Cena, where a lot of his matches feel foregone, as only a couple guys, like Braun Strowman and Seth Rollins, have been allowed to get clean wins over him. "LOL CENA WINS" and all.

Personality is another thing, but I don't think that's ever going to be Romans forte. That's probably always going to be an issue for him. He does fine with "smug prick" for heelish tendencies and as the rarely talking enforcer for his buddies, so I'd stick with that. You don't need to say much to get over. See also; Braun. But that doesn't fit the bill for what WWE wants out of their top "guy", so they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote:
Since Roman is going to win the next Royal Rumble
I dread that such is where they're going, but I don't necessarily think it's forgone that's where they're going. Brock's going to run through a challenger or two on the way to Wrestlemania and they don't really need an excuse for Roman to get a title shot. Annoying as it is, he wins most of his matches, so in the kayfabe world he'd be up there in line. They may give it to someone else.

But that someone else probably won't be particularly surprising or even liked. Like you said, the past five Rumbles have had the most boring, annoying, frustrating winners.

Quote:
I can't help but wonder if it had been Bray Wyatt that won this year's Royal Rumble if anything would change. Poor guy is as threatening as a kitten nowadays.
It would require they stop booking him moronically, so I have little faith that would have helped.

Quote:
If you wanna see What Bray Wyatt should have been watch Marty The Moth on Lucha Underground.Marty does the obsessive Psycho really well. Hell he actually has a sister too.
Yeah, Marty's been brought up a bit in discussions about Bray and I have to agree.

Last edited by dl316bh; 10-11-2017 at 01:13 AM.
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:11 AM   #15564
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Wow, Smackdown was actually pretty damn good last night. I feel like that's the first time I've said that in a couple months. Fashion Files aside, it's felt like the show's been a real mixed bag.

I felt warm and fuzzy when the Fashion Police came out and the crowd popped pretty hard for them. In the dark days of the past couple months of Smackdown, they've been a consistent bright spot, so I'm glad to see the crowds appreciate them. Sometimes an act can do everything right and still whiff, after all. Apollo Crews was a guy who should have been "can't miss" and crowds sat on their hands for him right from the start, even in NXT. I hope they can get back in the title hunt sometime soon and maybe even win them for the ultimate fashion accessory. I mean, hey, Kevin and Sami are going to need to take the tag straps from some face team.

Speaking of which, I was happy with Sami's "explanation". It looks like it technically is a full heel turn, but it's mitigated a bit by the fact that Sami is, frankly, correct about everything. I mourn the loss of the one pure babyface on the shows, but the guy has a point. It really was getting him nowhere. The one time it did, when he won the NXT title, he was immediately attacked and betrayed by his best friend, played into giving a title match and lost it two months later, making him the shortest lived NXT champion, barring the short second reigns of Joe and Nak, who traded the title a bit.

Somebody forgot their lines in the Roode and Ziggler segment. Maybe Bobby. There was some serious dead air at one point. Regardless, one day, I want one of the wrestlers to point out when Dolph whines about how he's the best in the ring that ability doesn't mean crap when he can't win most of his matches. If you can't even win, you're not the best, no matter how flashy your moves are (and he's not even that flashy anymore).

The US title match was actually quite good and was the best showing from both men in about two months. I liked the sequence where AJ jumped to the top for the 450 splash, but Corbin moved, so he hopped down, adjusted and slingshot into a low phenomenal forearm. I guess this frees AJ up to do something else so Corbin can get a rub, now that he's seemingly out of the doghouse. What that is, who knows. I have a feeling he'll be the next guy sacrificed to Jinder Mahal, since Jinder isn't losing that title until after the India tour in December. Or maybe he'll take it. Who knows. They might not have a WWE title match at Survivor Series. We don't even know if it's going to be dual branded.

"Bludgeon Brothers" sounds silly, but the tag scene on Smackdown could sure use another team and they could use TV time, so I'm glad Rowan and Harper are back together.

Gable and Benjamin versus the Usos is going to be lit. We'll see if it can top any of the matches with New Day.

Shane McMahon has been written off TV and no Jinder Mahal, suddenly Smackdown has a good show. I don't want to say it's directly related to that, because segments not involving those two have been bleh too, the past couple of months, but that timing is funny.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:40 AM   #15565
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I wish they would ofdone something different with Harper....the dude was getting over as a face and in typical WWE fashion they yank him off tv cause he wasnt a product of the machine.

Also Neville apparently walked out on WWE during Raw monday...so he's probably done.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #15566
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/nwa-t...-june-19-2002/

Brandon Stroud is a damn masochist, I swear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I wish they would ofdone something different with Harper....the dude was getting over as a face and in typical WWE fashion they yank him off tv cause he wasnt a product of the machine.
He was mildly over, yeah. I'm not sure where they would have gone with him, though. The title scenes were locked up around when he disappeared from TV and he didn't exactly have any ready feuds, not to mention cards at the time were stacked, especially 'Mania. In the context of the Wyatt split he was getting some cheers but it could have been an Alex Riley or Damien Sandow situation where outside the context of that one feud (the Miz in their case) the crowd didn't care. I guess we'll never know either way.

It's fine, in my opinion, because frankly the tag scene needs another team, which is why I'm surprised it took, like, six months to repackage these guys. There was talk of it around two months ago. What was the hold-up? They could have had a redebut and a squash match or so.

Quote:
Also Neville apparently walked out on WWE during Raw monday...so he's probably done.
That's unfortunate. He's been delightful since his heel turn and run as Cruiserweight champion, pretty much holding the division up by himself. I wonder if he just didn't like being saddled with that distinction any longer and wanted to wrestle the rest of the main roster.

Last edited by dl316bh; 10-11-2017 at 02:39 PM.
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #15567
The Deadman
Foot Elite

WWE also apparently fired Jimmy Jacobs for a picture he posted online of him with the Bullet Club during that "invasion" in Canada a few weeks ago.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 AM   #15568
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I was just rolling through some old Stone Cold promos from 1997 - in my opinion, a tie for 1996 for the best year and best version of Stone Cold Steve Austin - and ended up in a Y2J and Rock promo from 1999, where Y2J basically just made a bunch of eye rolling gay jokes and the comment section fellated the whole thing as what was missing from wrestling and it just reminded me of my usual annoyance with "in the good old days" fans.

Is there ever going to be a point where we all take a good look back and admit to ourselves that the Attitude Era was not very good, overall? Because coming up on twenty years later, it really does feel like it's about time to stop lionizing it. Especially since you can go on the Network for yourself and actually witness the car crash that was that era.

Quote:
WWE also apparently fired Jimmy Jacobs for a picture he posted online of him with the Bullet Club during that "invasion" in Canada a few weeks ago.
Damn. That angle really pissed them off.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #15569
The Deadman
Foot Elite

WWE Planning Inter-Brand Match For Survivor Series Main Event

Old 10-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #15570
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That kind of makes sense and gives them an out not to have another title defense until after the India tour. It'll ensure it's quick, too, since Brock doesn't seem to like going more than ten to fifteen these days (there's the Summerslam fatal four way that was close to a half hour, but Brock was missing for half of it after the triple announce table spot).
Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #15571
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Okay so there was a lot of wrestling over the past few days and here are most of the results, gonna start with the ROH/NJPW Global Wars results

Global Wars: Buffalo
Spoiler:

Dark Match
Deonna Purrazzo defeats Sumie Sakai

Tag Team Match
Rhett Titus & Will Ferrara defeat Coast 2 Coast (Leon St. Giovanni & Shaheem Ali)

Singles Match
KUSHIDA defeats Hangman Page

Singles Match
Jay Lethal defeats Frankie Kazarian

Six Man Tag Team Match
Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer & Minoru Suzuki) defeat Mark Briscoe & War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe)

Dark Match
Mandy Leon defeats Jenny Rose

Singles Match
Hiromu Takahashi defeats Christopher Daniels

Tag Team Match
BULLET CLUB (Cody & Marty Scurll) defeat CHAOS (Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI)

Singles Match
Punishment Martinez defeats Will Ospreay

ROH World Six Man Tag Team Title Match
BULLET CLUB (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) defeat The Kingdom (Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia)

Global Wars: Pittsburgh
Spoiler:

– Hiromu Takahashi defeated Mark Briscoe @ 1:10 via ref stoppage (injury) [NR]
– Trent Beretta & Chuck Taylor defeated Titus & Ferrara @ 9:24 via pin [**¾]
– Jay Lethal defeated Jay White @ 20:14 via pin [****]
– ROH Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Motor City Machineguns defeated The Young Bucks and The Kingdom @ 15:32 via pin [****]
– Jenny Rose, Mandy Leon, & Deonna Purrazzo vs. Britt Baker, Fay Jackson, & Sumie Sakai @ 9:08 via pin [**½]
– Instant Reward TV Title Match: ROH TV Champion Kenny King defeated Punishment Martinez, KUSHIDA, Matt Taven, and Josh Woods @ 11:52 via pin [***]
– Non-Title Match: War Machine defeated Champions Killer Elite Squad @ 11:43 via pin [***]
– Non-Title Match: IWGP Never Openweight Champion Minoru Suzuki defeated Silas Young @ 10:32 via pin [**½]
– ROH Six-Man Tag Team Title Match: Champions Bullet Club (Cody, Kenny Omega & Marty Scurll) defeated CHAOS (Will Ospreay, YOSHI-HASHI & Toru Yano) @ 19:50 via submission [**½]

Global Wars: Columbus
Spoiler:

– The Addiction (Daniels & Kazarian) defeated Jay White & Jonathan Gresham @ 12:05 via pin [***]
– Jay Lethal defeated Hiromu Takahashi @ 16:01 via pin [****]
– ROH Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Motor City Machineguns defeated Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser @ 12:55 via pin [**½]
– CHAOS defeated Suzuki-gun @ 14:28 via pin [***]
– Sumie Sakai defeated Holidead @ 7:05 via pin [**]
– Shane Taylor defeated Josh Woods @ 8:35 via pin [**¼]
– Kenny King & Colt Cabana defeated Marty Scurll & Adam Page @ 12:45 via pin [***]
– ROH Title Match: Champion Cody defeated KUSHIDA @ 17:12 via pin [**½]
– ROH Six-Man Title Match:: Champions The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega vs. Flip Gordon, Trent Beretta & Chuck Taylor @ 23:45 via pin [***½]

Global Wars: Chicago
Spoiler:

– Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser defeated Best Friends @ 13:10 via pin [***]
– Marty Scurll defeated Hiromu Takahashi @ 14:30 via submission [***¾]
– The Addiction defeated KUSHIDA & Cheeseburger @ 8:21 via pin [**½]
– Bullet Club defeated Search & Destroy @ 14:40 via pin [****]
– The Dawgs defeated One Mean Team @ 5:11 via pin [*½]
– Suzuki-gun defeated Shane Taylor, Jay Lethal, Kenny King @ 16:30 via pin [***]
– Colt Cabana defeated Toru Yano @ 7:52 via pin [**]
– Non-Title Match: IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay defeated Flip Gordon @ 15:19 via pin [****½]
– IWGP United States Title Match: Champion Kenny Omega defeated YOSHI-HASHI @ 25:23 via pin [**]

EVOLVE 94
Spoiler:

Singles Match
Dominic Garrini defeats Rayo

Singles Match
Chris Dickinson defeats Jason Kincaid

Singles Match
Austin Theory defeats Brandon Watts

Singles Match
Darby Allin defeats Jarek 1-20

Singles Match
Tracy Williams defeats Fred Yehi

Non Title Match
Jaka defeats Zack Sabre Jr.

WWN Title Last Man Standing Match
Keith Lee defeats Matt Riddle (c) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

EVOLVE 95
Spoiler:

Dark Match
Matias De Napoli defeats Nutrious X

Dark PAPW United States Title Match
Sgt. Murray (c) defeats Zafar Al-Rajhi

Dark PAPW Tag Team Title Match
Hakim Ali & Nick Payne (c) defeat Marcel Williams & Ty Shyne

Singles Match
Shane Mercer defeats Mikey Webb

Singles Match
Jarek 1-20 defeats Brandon Watts

Singles Match
Dominic Garrini defeats Cyrus Satin

Singles Match
Austin Theory defeats Jason Kincaid

Singles Match
Keith Lee defeats Darby Allin

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Three Way Elimination Match
Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka) (c) defeat The Gymnasty Boyz (Timmy Lou Retton & White Mike) and The Ugly Ducklings (Lance Lude & Rob Killjoy)
- Jaka besiegt White Mike
- Doom Patrol besiegen Rob Killjoy

PAPW Heavyweight Title Match
Richard Holiday (c) defeats RJ Rude

Singles Match
Fred Yehi defeats Matt Riddle

EVOLVE Title Match
Zack Sabre Jr. (c) defeats Tracy Williams

CZW The Wolf of Wrestling
Spoiler:

Singles Match
Kit Osbourne defeats David Starr

Four Way Match
JT Dunn (w/Josh Briggs) defeats Johnny Silver and Space Monkey and Trey Miguel

Singles Match
Matthew Palmer defeats Ace Austin

CZW World Heavyweight Title Match
Shane Strickland (c) defeats Ethan Page

Singles Match
Ace Romero vs. Greg Excellent - No Contest

Four Way Match
Mr. Claxton defeats Alex Colon and Brandon Kirk and Rickey Shane Page

Three Way Tag Team Match
The Carnies (Kerry Awful & Nick Iggy) defeat The Hooligans (Devin Cutter & Mason Cutter) and The Storm Of Entrails (Dan O'Hare & SHLAK)

CZW Wired Title Match
Joey Janela defeats Maxwell Jacob Feinstein (c) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

Old 10-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #15572
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The introduction to RAW like a documentary was different.

Anyway, nice to see the U.N. alphabet ahead of the old theme song. Not only that but the going through the ceoyywd and the best too.

Reported rumors suggest the reunion is a two month thing.

So Axel and Dallas are getting buried and Kane in instead of Axel just makes this match too stacked. That could have been set for a survivor series style match if not enough for two seperate pay-per-view matches.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 10-16-2017 at 09:09 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #15573
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Reported rumors suggest the reunion is a two month thing.
I haven't seen any of those rumors. If that's the plan, it makes no sense, though. They have the song with the intro back, they have the gear, new merch and while Roman himself is still getting a little bit of a muted reaction, it's much better than it was. If they don't run this past 'Mania, at least to try and get Roman through the Lesnar match with as little booing as possible, then I legitimately don't understand their basic thought processes. Same for nixing it before we get some kind of dope six man with the New Day.

Quote:
So Axel and Dallas are getting buried and Kane in instead of Axel just makes this match too stacked. That could have been set for a survivor series style match if not enough for two seperate pay-per-view matches.
I agree the match is too stacked and it's going to look silly when the Shield beat these guys if it isn't booked right, but it could have been worse, because I expected Samoa Joe, in which case, how the hell do you have the Shield win? In the case of Kane, he's literally there to eat the pin. Dude's got no real luster anymore and they know it, so he's been mainly used to put guys over since Team Hell No split up. I'm wondering if they'll play this with him taking the pin, Braun getting pissed off and trucking him leading into a program where he continues his miracle tour of getting watchable matches out of the prior generation of giants everyone had written off.

As for Bo and Curtis, they're flunkies with minus five to every attribute, so putting them in the match is like having JJ Dillon in your War Games. You know who's taking the loss. Even more than Kane.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:01 AM   #15574
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The rumor going around this time is that when the Shield splits up again, Ambrose turns on Rollins and they're gonna feud at Mania.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #15575
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The rumor going around this time is that when the Shield splits up again, Ambrose turns on Rollins and they're gonna feud at Mania.
Kind of a bum deal for Rollins really. He and Ambrose have feuded plenty of times, and it's more of a step down since Ambrose was bumped off the 'Mania card last time.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #15576
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I am really hoping it was simply a rumor. While looking for Shield information I saw this idea that Paige was going to return as Sister Abigail, but it turned out to just be an evil spirit that takes over Bray. So hopefully this one will prove to be just as false. However, the ones that make the least sense tend to be true. Its just to short-lived for something that so many wanted including myself. Cramming all of these opponents against The Shield in TLC makes me think that they are speeding up the reunion to it's end point. Kane and Strowman could have been an uneasy alliance for another pay-per-view. What if Undertaker were to actually have another match and he sides with The Shield against Kane? That could have been in December.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #15578
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Nooo, not Nia!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #15579
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Cue the "Bo Dallas is leaving too" rumors cause he hasnt been doing anything lately either.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #15580
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Damn this sucks. Nia was never given a chance to earn a title or anything.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling