The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #241
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I'm mainly a fan of the old school, early Spider-Man comics with Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. I read the current Spider-Man/Deadpool series mainly for Deadpool, the current modern Spider-Man is kinda weird to me.

Tom Holland did a great job in Civil War though and I think these movies could be Spider-Man finally done right cinematically
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #242
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I just hope the movie turns out great because he's one of my favorites.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #243
AquaParade
Banned

As a die-hard Spider-Man fan, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by this one.

While I loved his appearance in Civil War, I just don't find myself being excited about this movie, as of now. It could be Spidey-fatigue, but I think it may actually have more to do with my impressions from the trailer.
Perhaps it's a combination of both, because my fear is that we won't get a movie we haven't basically seen before.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #244
CyberCubed
Overlord

Constantly putting Peter Parker back in High School is where all the repetition stems from, even if the rest of the movie is all new.

There's only so many times you can see the, "geeky or nerdy kid who is bullied and has to hide his powers from his love interest and bullies and fight crime outside of that and keep it a secret from Aunt May," that you can do.

At least the villains are all new every series. I'm glad that aside from Green Goblin, we continue to get new villains every movie despite reboots. We're seeing The Vulture now, whereas in the last few movies we got The Lizard, Electro, Sandman, Rhino, Doctor Octopus, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #245
Dust
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Constantly putting Peter Parker back in High School is where all the repetition stems from, even if the rest of the movie is all new.

There's only so many times you can see the, "geeky or nerdy kid who is bullied and has to hide his powers from his love interest and bullies and fight crime outside of that and keep it a secret from Aunt May," that you can do.

At least the villains are all new every series. I'm glad that aside from Green Goblin, we continue to get new villains every movie despite reboots. We're seeing The Vulture now, whereas in the last few movies we got The Lizard, Electro, Sandman, Rhino, Doctor Octopus, etc.
The first two films haven't done the high school Peter Parker angle accurately. It's also the Peter Parker that the general movie-going audience is more familiar with, it makes sense to start with high school Peter Parker, have him grow with the cinematic universe, he could get married. Just like in the comics, we can see Spider-Man growing from a reckless teenager with spider powers to an adult who has loved, lost and battled many different opponents through the years. I think that's the part I'll like most. And Tom Holland has the high schooler look, perfect for Peter Parker.

I do appreciate the villains changing every movie as well. Though eventually we'll need the Green Goblin to reappear on the big screen, it's been a long time, and he's arguably Spidey's biggest villain.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #246
CyberCubed
Overlord

Next villains should be Scorpion or Mysterio or Shocker, etc.

There's no reason to rehash villains from the old movies yet. People get more excited seeing new villains never on movie screens before and it shows. Only one they really need to do over again is Venom for obvious reasons, but that's going to happen anyway.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #247
Dust
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Next villains should be Scorpion or Mysterio or Shocker, etc.

There's no reason to rehash villains from the old movies yet. People get more excited seeing new villains never on movie screens before and it shows. Only one they really need to do over again is Venom for obvious reasons, but that's going to happen anyway.
Shocker is in Homecoming. Norman Osborn is a very important character towards Peter Parker and Spider-Man. It's important to see him appear again. Venom does need to be done as well, I do agree, after Infinity War would make sense for Venom. Rhino should be redone again as well, he was barely in ASM2.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #248
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'm still waiting to see Morlun.... Which would kind of neccessitate bringing in Ezekiel too, and I could dig that.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:10 PM   #249
ToTheNines
[sic]

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #250
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Makes me wonder if Tony is gonna mention his ex-Avenger buddies, and if so what he'll say
Old 03-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #251
ToTheNines
[sic]

So the MCU Prelude comics have gotten pretty lame in the past couple years, but #1 for this one came out a few weeks ago and it was mildly entertaining, at least. It's mostly Civil War, but it weaves Peter in and out of it.

Preview http://www.cbr.com/spider-man-homecoming-prelude-1/
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 AM   #252
Fozzy Badfeet
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Makes me wonder if Tony is gonna mention his ex-Avenger buddies, and if so what he'll say
They have to be mentioned. Since this takes place after Civil War, I'm sure Peter will have some dialogue with Tony about what happened with fight they had at the airport.

I just hope Tony doesn't take over the entire movie.
Fozzy Badfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #253
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

New trailer coming tomorrow morning
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #255
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Wish they would've played up the high school aspect of the movie a little more.

I like the dynamic between Peter and Tony but hope they keep RDJ to a minimum in this movie.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #256
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

OH MAN. I don't think it was possible but I'm even more excited for this movie now.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #257
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Not liking the look of this movie at all. Spider-Man never has had a sidekick at this capacity and it denigrates a huge part of Spidey's appeal to me: that it's him against the world, with no one knowing his identity and him never daring to confide in anyone. Crappy trailer editing, too.

It's nice to have RDJ there as a tenuous connection to the larger world, but like others I don't want him to be a supporting character.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #258
CyberCubed
Overlord

It looks like a decent movie.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #259
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Neat trailer. Can't wait for opening day.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #260
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/spider...ecoming-sequel

Uh oh... no more Spider-Man in MCU after sequel (and after Avengers: Infinity War, of course).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubedagesquickly, cuck_blade, homecucking, iron man 7, spider-cuck, spider-man