The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #1361
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Ok,so my one interest in this...which ranger identity will JDF assume? Its time THE Green Ranger comes back!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #1362
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
OK,so my one interest in this...which ranger identity will JDF assume? Its time THE Green Ranger comes back!
Then thou shalt be pleased. Here's something from his Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #1363
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Then thou shalt be pleased. Here's something from his Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
You know,I watched x clips from both Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder on the net,but I'm going to watch PR live for the first time in over half my life! "Back To Action!". Not familar with the rest of the gang though I see two of Turbo Replacements. Brings back bad memories while Andros seems to thankfully absent it can't be a bad sign. It looks like two of each of the five primarily used colors are back. I wonder how the actors were chosen?

Storm Eagle, I thank you for bringing me back to my childhood,well, Saban,JDF,and you! Now,the question is how the Green powers are restored in-story. If memory serves after Zedd depleted the green energy with the help of Rita's friend magic-based replicant powers were given to a clone not the actual powers which were gone or I could be wrong as we are talking years old knowledge.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #1364
corgi
Thug

Quote:
You know,I watched x clips from both Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder on the net,but I'm going to watch PR live for the first time in over half my life! "Back To Action!". Not familar with the rest of the gang though I see two of Turbo Replacements. Brings back bad memories while Andros seems to thankfully absent it can't be a bad sign. It looks like two of each of the five primarily used colors are back. I wonder how the actors were chosen?

Storm Eagle, I thank you for bringing me back to my childhood,well, Saban,JDF,and you! Now,the question is how the Green powers are restored in-story. If memory serves after Zedd depleted the green energy with the help of Rita's friend magic-based replicant powers were given to a clone not the actual powers which were gone or I could be wrong as we are talking years old knowledge.
I thought he became the White Ranger because the Green Rangers' Powers were completely depleted.
corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #1365
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgi View Post
I thought he became the White Ranger because the Green Rangers' Powers were completely depleted.
He did,but a couple dozen episodes later a clone of Tommy is created and given the powers of the Green Ranger complete with the dragon dagger and Dragonzord itself. I am not sure the source of the power though. After the stunning three episode story was over the clone realized he couldn't be passed off as Tommy's long-lost idential twin so he thought he would serve a better purpose as Revolutionary War era Angel Grove's protector. Its a bit long of a story to go into the time-travel bit but the Green powers however it was revived were brought back in time.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #1366
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Considering they never explained how Jason and TJ got their powers back for th tenth anniversary story (although the writer of the episode explained it with some handwaves online), I doubt they'll do the same here.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #1367
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
You know, I watched x clips from both Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder on the net, but I'm going to watch PR live for the first time in over half my life! "Back to Action!". Not familiar with the rest of the gang though I see two of Turbo replacements. Brings back bad memories while Andros seems to thankfully absent it can't be a bad sign.

The Turbo replacements you mentioned are T.J. and Cassie. I like how this confirms what powers they'll be using, and what powers Tommy will be using, since out of the ones returning, those three were the ones who used more than one kind of ranger power. The Turbo Rangers that will be involved in the scene will most likely be the robotic replicas of the replacement Turbo teens and Justin.

Quote:
He did, but a couple dozen episodes later a clone of Tommy is created and given the powers of the Green Ranger complete with the Dragon Dagger and Dragonzord itself. I am not sure the source of the power though. After the stunning three episode story was over the clone realized he couldn't be passed off as Tommy's long-lost idential twin so he thought he would serve a better purpose as Revolutionary War era Angel Grove's protector. Its a bit long of a story to go into the time-travel bit but the Green powers however it was revived were brought back in time.
I agree that this does beg the question as to why Tommy is using Green Ranger powers, and not the ones of the White Ranger, Zeo Ranger 5, or the Black Dino Ranger. I guess they decided to go with him being the Green Ranger since it might have been his most iconic ranger identity.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #1368
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Thanks on the names. I just remember him as the bseball player who took Tommy's red suit and went blue a few months later and while I recgonize the face of the one called Cassie I remember absolute zero about her other than her taken the blonde Aussie's place.

As for Tommy's powers it may just be for drawing in viewers. I will watch just to see my favorite ranger in my perferred ranger identity. So it worked! Not to say any other ranger identity would not draw but this is the best to bank on. However,I would like to know the explination for the storyline.

Since you are still a fan and know all of those actor's characters...is there any pattern to how they are chosen or just anyone willing?

If this is being filmed right now (late May) it will be until September that it airs?
Old 05-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #1369
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
If this is being filmed right now (late May) it will be until September that it airs?
It's possible it won't air until next year, as this is another split season like Samurai was
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #1370
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
At least ten past rangers will show up in Super Megaforce next year.

http://blog.samuraicast.com/past-cas...per-megaforce/
that is awesome! hopefully more will sign on

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #1371
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
that is awesome! hopefully more will sign on
Sorry C-drome,it appears the photos from the plane and set that it is just finishing so no more it seems. I am just curious the selection process that went into choosing who returned and in a couple of cases which ranger form would be utilized. Are they taking cues from the Japanese version who had those exact or most of the exact ranger forms chosen?

Thanks Storm Eagle and guys for putting up with my reoccuring spurts of nostalgic enthusiasm for seven characters and old hatred of another. Sometimes when I pop up here I think it could be annoying on the other side.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #1372
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Sorry C-drome,it appears the photos from the plane and set that it is just finishing so no more it seems. I am just curious the selection process that went into choosing who returned and in a couple of cases which ranger form would be utilized. Are they taking cues from the Japanese version who had those exact or most of the exact ranger forms chosen?
ah, i see. that's too bad

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #1373
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Totally can't wait for Super Megaforce!! JDF back as the Green Ranger is gonna be interesting for sure!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #1374
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Thanks on the names. I just remember him as the bseball player who took Tommy's red suit and went blue a few months later and while I recgonize the face of the one called Cassie I remember absolute zero about her other than her taken the blonde Aussie's place.

As for Tommy's powers it may just be for drawing in viewers. I will watch just to see my favorite ranger in my perferred ranger identity. So it worked! Not to say any other ranger identity would not draw but this is the best to bank on. However,I would like to know the explination for the storyline.

Since you are still a fan and know all of those actor's characters...is there any pattern to how they are chosen or just anyone willing?

Speaking of the names, I'll just share some trivia on T.J. He was always just known as "T.J. Johnson" up until a Wild Force episode where people who were Red Rangers, sans Rocky, all teamed up to fight the Machine Empire generals. That's when his full name was revealed to be "Theodore Jay Jarvis Johnson". It's kind of a bit much with two middle names though. Come to think of it, just "Theodore Johnson" would suffice. Also, in the two-parter from Turbo where he's introduced and replaces Tommy, I saw some scripts that someone got a hold of, where in the first part, he was introduced as "Thomas Johnson", and then "Timothy" in the second. Neither name was finalized, however. I guess the new story editor who came into the picture in Wild Force decided on an official full name for him.

Jason David Frank was said to have agreed to do this Super Megaforce appearance only if they'd have Tommy use the Green Ranger powers. That's kind of diva-ish of him, in my opinion.

I have no idea how Saban went about selecting what rangers they'd use. All I know is that they sent out a message to them to see how many of them were up for it, and Saban would just work it out from there. Anyway this happens to be getting filmed this weekend.

If you care to get a sense of nearly every ranger that has been on the show, you can visit the Power Rangers web site.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #1375
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Speaking of the names, I'll just share some trivia on T.J. He was always just known as "T.J. Johnson" up until a Wild Force episode where people who were Red Rangers, sans Rocky, all teamed up to fight the Machine Empire generals. That's when his full name was revealed to be "Theodore Jay Jarvis Johnson". It's kind of a bit much with two middle names though. Come to think of it, just "Theodore Johnson" would suffice. Also, in the two-parter from Turbo where he's introduced and replaces Tommy, I saw some scripts that someone got a hold of, where in the first part, he was introduced as "Thomas Johnson", and then "Timothy" in the second. Neither name was finalized, however. I guess the new story editor who came into the picture in Wild Force decided on an official full name for him.

Jason David Frank was said to have agreed to do this Super Megaforce appearance only if they'd have Tommy use the Green Ranger powers. That's kind of diva-ish of him, in my opinion.

I have no idea how Saban went about selecting what rangers they'd use. All I know is that they sent out a message to them to see how many of them were up for it, and Saban would just work it out from there. Anyway this happens to be getting filmed this weekend.

If you care to get a sense of nearly every ranger that has been on the show, you can visit the Power Rangers web site.
That is what happens when something run s so long,continuity errors/inconsistences a-plenty. I remember in The Andy Griffith Show,Barney Fife has three different middle names and the length of time he was depuuty varied season to season.Comic books are the worst. That is another reason the continuity of IDW's TMNT is so commendable.

Diva? Yeah,he has reason to be,but in the end he loves it and loves doing it for the fans. I saw a pannel he mentioned his favorite season he waas apart of was Dino Thunder but his favorite ranger form was Green because of the storyline and he got to do an evil laugh plus its the most popular. Storyline-wise red Zeo is the only one that would make sense. Green perhaps least,but since as a 26 year old two full decades later I still love Tommy The Mighty Morphin Green Ranger I am all for it if it can be explained in story. I assume he will lead this group of randomly assorted rangers.

Wonder how many actors got a phone call before it was narrowed to 10? Not counting those who had two or more ranger forms its probably pushing 200 actors.

Thanks for the link. I have a general understanding of the rangers in In Space since I saw them in the second half of Turbo. I also have a basic understanding of Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder. I favorited the link to learn who the particpating rangers are closer to the air date.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #1376
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
That is what happens when something runs so long. Continuity errors/inconsistencies a-plenty. I remember in The Andy Griffith Show, Barney Fife has three different middle names and the length of time he was deputy varied season to season. Comic books are the worst. That is another reason the continuity of IDW's TMNT is so commendable.

Diva? He has reason to be, but in the end he loves it and loves doing it for the fans. I saw a panel he mentioned his favorite season he was a part of was DinoThunder but his favorite ranger form was green because of the storyline and he got to do an evil laugh plus its the most popular. Storyline-wise, red Zeo is the only one that would make sense. Green perhaps least, but since as a 26 year old two full decades later I still love Tommy the Mighty Morphin Green Ranger, I am all for it if it can be explained in story. I assume he will lead this group of randomly assorted rangers.

Wonder how many actors got a phone call before it was narrowed to 10? Not counting those who had two or more ranger forms its probably pushing 200 actors.

Thanks for the link. I have a general understanding of the rangers in In Space since I saw them in the second half of Turbo. I also have a basic understanding of Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder. I favorited the link to learn who the participating rangers are closer to the air date.
Just keep in mind that T.J.'s full name wasn't finalized until Wild Force, like I said.

Nobody has a right to be a diva. It just makes a person look like a douche or a bitch.

Actors weren't called back. They were e-mailed to be informed whether or not they'd get used.

By the way, the rangers that aren't mentioned in the site are the Gold Ranger from Zeo, Silver Ranger from Space, Magna Defender from Lost Galaxy, Omega Ranger from S.P.D., and Ranger Gold and Ranger Silver from R.P.M.

Now here's an Instagram picture with Jason Faunt and Jason David Frank.
http://instagram.com/p/ZwoZ26BHaj/#
Old 05-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #1377
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I don't trust the site,but I did find on TMZ that David Yost and Walter Jones turned it down as well as the second Yellow Ranger because of pathetic pay. I thought they learned there lesson many years ago to compensate the actor for their work union or not. Guess they don't care about kids or nostalgic kids at hear. Of TMNT,PT, and Pok'emon Saban wanted the more money for the less put in and didn't think about what we wanted. Atleast JDF loves it so in part because of us<but yeah he should not go diva right to or not. Atleast we get Mighty Morphin' Green. Never thought it would happen again.

http://www.asyncinterview.com/show-m...ine-processes/

Show it to them,dang it! Ah, well!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #1378
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I don't trust the site, but I did find on TMZ that David Yost and Walter Jones turned it down as well as the second Yellow Ranger because of pathetic pay. I thought they learned their lesson many years ago to compensate the actor for their work union or not. Guess they don't care about kids or nostalgic kids at heart. Of TMNT, PT, and Pok'emon, Saban wanted the more money for the less put in and didn't think about what we wanted. At least JDF loves it so in part because of us, but yeah he should not go diva right to or not. At least we get Mighty Morphin' Green. Never thought it would happen again.
I was avoiding bringing that up, since now, things don't seem as bad as Karan Ashley has been making it out to be. She says that Saban can be cheap, and a lot of people say that as well, but when I saw that the returning cast members are being flown out FIRST CLASS, she's probably being a bit melodramatic about things. They're probably not being paid a king's ransom for their Super Megaforce appearances, but at least they're being taken care of somehow.

Also, you might be wrong about why David Yost and Walter Jones aren't doing this. David Yost claimed that he was made subject to harassment there later about being gay, and that eventually lead to him just leaving the place one day when filming hadn't even wrapped yet for the day, which in turn lead to the strange way Billy was written out of the show. TMZ was saying that Walter Jones decided not to do the "reunion" in support of David Yost. You say you don't trust TMZ, and many others don't, but Walter Jones actually confirmed that what they said is true.

Since I touched upon your mention of Karan Ashley and how she's not doing the "reunion", I was originally coming back here to post a video that Jason David Frank made to TMZ about it. So here it is, with another possible surprise.
http://awwman.com/nps/main/2013/05/j...white-rangers/
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #1379
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Yeah,I know that bit David revealed in a PR Convention intreview. I have heard conflicting reports if he still is or not. Despite a preference I have thankful for hks contribution to my childhood. I took it as a cover story they shared when its really about the $ signs. A.J. said in a recent phone interview with No Pink Spandex that she was paid 600 dollars a a week. I bet it was much more with inflation and everything considered but still I guess its just a cheap company versus a fan who wants to give them a truckload of gold. That story that David and Walter later jumped on sounds better than what could be the truth. I love and respect them its just hard to believe their story. I know A.J. is close to both David and Jason. I could see her going either way. Ah,we'll. I hope something in the script caters to them.

When I started lookkng into clips and learned the behind the scenes stuff I gotta admit this franchise disappointed me a few tines as a kid,but I am most disappointed as an adult at how poorly they treated the actors. They seemeed to have struck gold with the original cast but didn't treat them as such.

Green and White? As long as the green is in it which he is that is all that matters and enough to get me to watch to see how it all plays out.

Oh,about the Machine Empire,I know how In Space ended as you told me a year ago,but how were they revived after being blown to bits by Zedd? Also,how did remnents of the Machine Empire survive the purging? There was the older son in the American version that took off,perhaps that is how?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #1380
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well, I'm glad the Green Ranger is returning, Zeo Red already returned though I do want White Ranger and even the Black DT Ranger costumes to come back in the inevitable JDF re-appearances down the road. I don't want them to have only Green Ranger ever returning or them forgetting about Black since Green/White are the fad era costumes and Zeo is Red. I love that the Green Ranger is coming back and I'm glad it's the badass looking version with the silver streaks we saw in Dino Thunder. Some fans hate it but I like it.

The list of returning Rangers is rather random like there was no specific reason for choosing them, even the Once a Ranger team seems more thought out..a shame but hopefully it makes for a good story.

So I saw this shirt, in JDF's FB and I would love to have a Juice Bar t-shirt, are there any other pictures that I can see it? I wouldn't want something tacky like "20 years of PRs" on it. I like something more subtle to show I'm a fan and not a walking advertisement.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers