The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
ToTheNines
[sic]

Episode discussion: "Enter The Dragons" Part 2

The finale, but I missed because I'm retarted. Oh well.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
maryshine
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The finale, but I missed because I'm retarted. Oh well.
You didn't miss much. I think I'll do an alternate ending of it on fanfic.net
maryshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Eh it's ok, I did watch it believe it or not, as much as I don't care for the lost season lol.
I may not like all of it but I'm still a TMNT fan regardless and can see the good and bad in things, which each series has.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just watched it on ootube-yay, and it was decent. The whole Yoshi spirit thing didn't make sense to me, but I'm sure one of ya'll can give me some wild explanation.

Highlight of the episode was Bishop and his commandos vs. the creatures, that was truly awesome.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Other than the obvious anime knock off Dragon bit, which I kinda knew about and was waiting to see how it panned out, I enjoyed this episode. I really did.

Highlights-

Baxter is so suicidal in this one. "Can't I just expire in peace?" But then again, he did get chomped to near death by Shredder Dragon.

Hun getting major league denied from illusionary treasure.

Karia and that science guy hooking up at the end.

And of course, Ancient one becoming a Tribunal member.

But on a more negative scale, where the shell were Casey and April? They didn't even get an obligitory "Yeay! They did it!" scene near the end. Plus it would have been great to have a scene where Karai finally forgives the turtles for all she has done. But they left that open.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
Scandia
Mad Scientist

Well I liked this episode quite a bit. I think it was a good conclusion to this season. It tied up all loose ends- while still allowing potential for more seasons to come.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
veemonjosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
But on a more negative scale, where the shell were Casey and April? They didn't even get an obligitory "Yeay! They did it!" scene near the end.
Well, they WERE all alone in the lair and April wasn't doing the "tech support" she claimed she was going to do, so....

You see where I'm going with this.
veemonjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Revan
Han Shot First

^go casey, go casey, go go go. Hurray for master yoshi... and the turtles save the world! Now it's off to the future and then back to the sewers.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Well I liked this episode quite a bit. I think it was a good conclusion to this season. It tied up all loose ends- while still allowing potential for more seasons to come.
... Most of the loose ends, anyway.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
Well, they WERE all alone in the lair and April wasn't doing the "tech support" she claimed she was going to do, so....

You see where I'm going with this.
enter 2K3 Shadow...the turtles have been gone one year, Shadow will be 3mos in the first episode

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Probably one of the better season finales. The lack of April and Casey at the conclsion didnt bother me, and the Turtle/Dragon thing leading to Yoshi's spirit cutting down Saki was a true moment of clousre...of course, had this been the final season it'd make more sense, now it just looks like closure for Yoshi alone.

Karai not forgiving the Turtles was a better development for the character. It's rather cliched and "gay" to even think that she'd forgive them for taking Ch'rell, her surrogate parent, from her, but she knows vengeance cant be allowed to consume her life when others like Chaplin love her so much. I hope Karai's daughter is introduced in Back To The Sewers
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

About the April/Casey thing, I didn't even notice It just would have been cliche to have them go "yay, alrigh! good job!", but it's odd that they were tottaly absent.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #13
maryshine
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
About the April/Casey thing, I didn't even notice It just would have been cliche to have them go "yay, alrigh! good job!", but it's odd that they were tottaly absent.

Like some one already said, they were probaby "busy" creating Cody's gradmother/father, LOL!

As for Karai's daughter, I know people will hate me for this, but I really don't want Chaplin and Karai to have a kid together!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshine View Post
Like some one already said, they were probaby "busy" creating Cody's gradmother/father, LOL!
For nit-pickery's sake, it'd be Grampa Jones or an older sibling of his.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #15
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Probably one of the better season finales. The lack of April and Casey at the conclsion didnt bother me, and the Turtle/Dragon thing leading to Yoshi's spirit cutting down Saki was a true moment of clousre...of course, had this been the final season it'd make more sense, now it just looks like closure for Yoshi alone.
That's pretty much like what I said last week. it really feels like an episode that could be the finalie for the 2K3 Turtles, period. yes, a bit anime-esque (and I'm not just referring to the fact they had the big showdown with ultimate evil, but the fact they had almost everything from past episodes referenced, and the bad guys fight on the good guys side, amoung other things). But that's how you end an episode. I wonder if they were thinking, in the back of their minds, that they could have ended it there.

Quote:
Karai not forgiving the Turtles was a better development for the character. It's rather cliched and "gay" to even think that she'd forgive them for taking Ch'rell, her surrogate parent, from her, but she knows vengeance cant be allowed to consume her life when others like Chaplin love her so much. I hope Karai's daughter is introduced in Back To The Sewers
Hmm, you know, that's a good point. I of course was thinking that by the end of the lost season, she'd have given up her fight with the turtles- as the Notebook episode of FF hinted at Leo and Karai working side by side, yet Leo doesn't quite trust her. I guess that's more bridge to cross in back to the Sewers.

But seriously, throughout this whole season, I just couldn't help think about how they all shot themselves in the foot by not making a Lost Season toy line. Yes, we had the Mystic Turtles, but that was pretty much more as a promotional tie in with the video game TMNT III. I mean, the Dragon Turtles, if done right, would have been kinda cool. But out of all the vehicles we got, we never had the Tourtuga Bros. moving Van or the Turtle Taxi (when they were clearly hinting at them being toys). Guess BTTS is going to be the only chance with those 2.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshine View Post
As for Karai's daughter, I know people will hate me for this, but I really don't want Chaplin and Karai to have a kid together!
Considering Karai's daughter is canon in the comics, with her father never being revealed, and the incorporation of aspects of this series into comics canon (like the Foot Mystics), I'd say there's a good chance they WILL be having children.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
maryshine
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Considering Karai's daughter is canon in the comics, with her father never being revealed, and the incorporation of aspects of this series into comics canon (like the Foot Mystics), I'd say there's a good chance they WILL be having children.
great.....
Old 05-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101 View Post
enter 2K3 Shadow...the turtles have been gone one year, Shadow will be 3mos in the first episode
You don't know how happy that would make me. Shadow is one of my favourite characters and I've been bugging everyone who will listen to me at Mirage and 4Kids to get her into 2K3 somewhere...
Old 05-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #19
Noah'Dib
Mouser

Gotta say I liked the part where shredder was starting to mouth off his evil spill to Yoshi & then Yoshi (without saying a word) just slices away mid-sentence shutting Shredder up.

Otherwise it didn't have a normal "TMNT" feel for me. Too much "out of this world" stuff going on...can't wait to get back to the good ol' sewers.
Noah'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #20
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior

Eh, I thought the episode was ok. I wasn't really crazy about this season. I didn't really care for Fast Forward, but I actually prefer it to this Lost Season. I really couldn't get into the whole mystic powers thing, and I hated the Dragon Turtles. As much as I don't like the Turtles in the future, I'd rather see them in the future than using mystic anime powers and turning into damn dragons. Anyway, like Noah'Dib said, I'm looking forward to them going back to the sewers.

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote