The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to a follow-up to GB: Afterlife?
Yes, very much. 14 53.85%
A little. 6 23.08%
No, not at all. 1 3.85%
They should just stop. 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2022, 09:03 AM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, women are just oversensitive over stuff like that. Like, I understand the fear of being assaulted but sometimes a pat on the butt is just a pat on the butt. I can assume you weren't pinning her down or whatever.

Like obviously I wouldn't wantsome woman to tie me down and use tools on me against my will, but if some random strange woman slapped my butt like at a store or something, yeah I woulda been surprised or whatever but I'd chock it up to 'that weird thing that happened that one day', especially if it was a one time thing and there was zero indication she wanted to go further.
We were literally just saying "See ya later" at the lockers between classes. Quick hug, then a playful pat on the fanny. She whacked me on the arm and called me a jerk, but otherwise it seemed like everything was fine. I thought absolutely nothing of it. I apologized later and she pretended to accept and I thought we were all good.

Fast forward to weeks of our other friends slowly shutting me out little by little, except for one or two who were also "I don't see what the problem is", until they finally had a group "intervention" where they invited me out with them for the express purpose of explaining en masse "Here's what you did wrong and why you're an asshole."

I did, and do, feel like that was a bit much, especially as this girl wasn't at all foreign to grabbing onto any guy she felt like as if they were a piece of meat, her own self. But I was really close with most of these people, so I sat through their scolding lectures about "consent" and "boundaries" anyway and apologized yet again, and apparently that was "good enough" to be "allowed" to hang out with and be spoken to by everyone again.

It was all very hypocritical and self-serving, on her/their part, but I only saw that later on after more and more things came to light. Basically, if I had been "her type", she would have laughed it off, but I wasn't "cute enough" by her standards so she saw fit to make it a Huge Deal when it wasn't a huge deal. Again, she once let the guy in our group that she borderline hated finger-blast her and her friend at the same time, simply because he looked like a Backstreet Boy. She constantly went on and on in private about what a jerk that guy was and how much he disgusted her as a human being... but not so much that she wouldn't let him get his fingers in her honey pot, apparently.

She went on to have a bunch of bad relationships with a string of guys who treated her badly, because that's what you get when you prioritize guys based on their looks, so good for her. I don't know what ever happened to her otherwise, we had a nasty break-up over an unrelated incident a few years later and never spoke again. I know some of our friends said they talk to her on FB but her name never comes up otherwise. Some of them took my side in the "break-up" and it got really awkward, so I think it's just mutually understood that they not mention me to her or her to me because it just works better for everyone that way.

But yeah that whole situation was bullsh*t. Looking back I'm amazed I stayed friends with her for as long as I did, afterward. She had a way of being really nice when she wanted to be, though, plus she was hot, so I guess I was blinded.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:09 PM   #22
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Lots of stuff in the works - Afterlife sequel, animated movie, Netflix animated series, Dark Horse comic, etc.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ls-1235160864/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:27 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Weird they don't namedrop the Spirits Unleashed game. But yeah. Cool to see. We'll see if there's anything worth getting excited about with the animated thing. Might be about the same "quality" as the Fast and the Furious Netflix animated show.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:35 PM   #24
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I am super excited right now. I don’t even know what to say. I’m a little surprised about an animated movie. So happy GB4 continues from Afterlife and so happy the cartoon is on Netflix and not another separate service.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #25
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, women are just oversensitive over stuff like that. Like, I understand the fear of being assaulted but sometimes a pat on the butt is just a pat on the butt. I can assume you weren't pinning her down or whatever.

Like obviously I wouldn't wantsome woman to tie me down and use tools on me against my will, but if some random strange woman slapped my butt like at a store or something, yeah I woulda been surprised or whatever but I'd chock it up to 'that weird thing that happened that one day', especially if it was a one time thing and there was zero indication she wanted to go further.
I don't think it's oversensitivity. I think it's opportunism during times they are against someone or on the whim of exploiting a mistake for their power.

People who are oversensitive usually go home and ponder a situation and ultimately let it go unless something is a raging violation.

Of course opportunists will never cop to it, but there are a lot of bad souls out in the world just looking to feel empowered by hurting someone else. The easiest and most cowardly way to do that is to weaponize being offended.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:08 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Release date is set: 12/20/23.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/ghostbu...uel-sets-date/

That's a fairly quick turnaround for a CGI-heavy thing that hasn't started filming yet. They must be really close to getting going.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:51 AM   #27
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Didn’t they say they started writing it after Afterlife was done? It’s still over a year away though. I’m super happy it’s next year but it’s still a little while and the writing is pretty much be done I assume.

Hope they give details about the storyline at ComicCon.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:44 PM   #28
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Im really happy, Afterlife was a very special movie to me after the horrors of 2016, but it had a few problems, namely the endless callbacks and nostalgia pandering. Since Afterlife already has the fans on board, now Ressurection or whatever 4’s called can tell more of it’s own story.

Personally, id like a lot more scares, like, idc what you say, Ghostbusters 2 was ****ing SCARY.
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:44 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Boy View Post
Since Afterlife already has the fans on board, now Ressurection or whatever 4’s called can tell more of it’s own story.
Yeah. We didn't get Ghostbusters 3 but we got a decent enough coda to the original movies -- now forward we go. I really hope the tongue-in-cheek rumors about Vigo aren't true (though I certainly wouldn't mind bigger Ghostbusters 2 connections).
Old 12-05-2022, 09:05 PM   #30
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
DiscussingFilm
@DiscussingFilm
·
4h
Gil Kenan is set to direct the ‘GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE’ sequel. Jason Reitman will produce the film instead.

The main cast are all expected to reprise their roles.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...11120814239744
Old 12-06-2022, 10:27 AM   #31
IMJ
Emperor

I have yet to see Afterlife, but my best friend (this is a guy I've known for I think 25 years now) was so jazzed about it. He said it was terrific and he laughed saying "dude it's going to sound corny but the end of the movie is so cool and so gratifying that it almost makes you tear up."

I really need to see it....
Old 03-16-2023, 09:34 AM   #32
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
“After the events in Oklahoma, the Ghostbusters team returns to where it all started; New York City! The Spengler family story continues with a new group of Ghostbusters led by Winston Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson) and Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd).”
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/03...turning-stars/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 11:42 AM   #33
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I hope it's true. I finally picked this up on 4k and got around to watching it around Christmas. It was terrific....

Hope Bill Murray comes back as well for the next one.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:59 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It has begun filming:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/ghostbu...egins-filming/

And I wouldn't count on Bill Murray. They dragged him out and he did the little appearance as Venkman and it's done now. I had hopes it would have been more and he would have been amenable to such but it was only fantasy. If anything he'll pop up in the mid-credits sequence again or something.

A little odd they're not making any mention of Aykroyd. Of course Aykroyd will be in the movie.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-22-2023 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:47 AM   #35
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
“After the events in Oklahoma, the Ghostbusters team returns to where it all started; New York City! The Spengler family story continues with a new group of Ghostbusters led by Winston Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson) and Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd).”
So they must have a significant role.
Old 03-22-2023, 12:45 AM   #36
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

So they must have a significant role.
Why are you posting the same thing I did?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:51 PM   #37
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Why are you posting the same thing I did?
Oh haha, didn’t notice, sorry. I just saw Andrew saying there’s no mention of Dan Aykroyd. So I guess he didn’t read your link either.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:54 AM   #38
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Kumail Nanjiani And Patton Oswalt Among Newest Additions To Cast Of ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Sequel

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Kumail Nanjiani, Patton Oswalt, comedian James Acaster and Emily Alyn Lind have joined the cast of the live-action sequel to Sony Pictures’ hit film, Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Gil Kenan is directing, and the previous pic’s cast including Paul Rudd and Carrie Coon will return as the setting shifts to the original films’ New York City and firehouse.
https://deadline.com/2023/03/kumail-...el-1235308852/
Old 03-24-2023, 01:31 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Kumail Nanjiani And Patton Oswalt Among
Ehhhhh... Kumail is a pretty annoying guy and Patton isn't very funny. I'm not sure about this.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:25 PM   #40
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Everyone's favorite this man has no dick himself Walter Peck is back in this movie

https://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-...n-walter-peck/