The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-15-2024, 03:32 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Teen Titans DCU Movie is happening

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow' scribe Ana Nogueira will write the screenplay.

Quote:
It’s go time for the Teen Titans.

The DC heroes, which began as the teenaged sidekicks of their more famous and iconic counterparts, are getting their own live-action feature from the James Gunn and Peter Safran-led DC Studios.

The comic book movie division of Warner Bros. Discovery has tapped Ana Nogueira to pen the screenplay for the project. The hiring further ensconces the actress and playwright-turned scribe into the DC family as she is already writing Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow for the label.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235853170/
Old 03-15-2024, 04:33 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Let's hope Starfire isn't black this time. I remember everyone being horrified that Starfire was black in the show. Instead of being Starfire she was Blackfire.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 04:40 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Let's look at all the writing credits for Ana Nogueira.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2815009/

Zero. She has zero writing credits. Supergirl is her first. DEI hire pure and simple.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 04:43 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Let's hope Starfire isn't black this time. I remember everyone being horrified that Starfire was black in the show. Instead of being Starfire she was Blackfire.
nobody was horrified that Starfire was black in the Titans show.
She is an orange tamaranean aka A Fictional Character. Who cares what race places her in the movie

Since this is a movie Starfire will be Orange by way of CGI probably
Old 03-15-2024, 05:30 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

When there's trouble, you know who to call.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 06:31 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This movie isn't coming out, as soon as the first Gunnverse DC movies start bombing starting with Superman, they'll start cancelling projects. Capeshit is no longer mainstream, you'll only see big hero movies doing well like Batman and umm..well Harley Quinn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
She wasn't too bad in the first season of Titans, didn't watch the rest, it was a weird flawed show but not a bad one. Felt fresher than the cw Arrowverse at the very least.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 06:34 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Gunn's Superman, OK, that makes sense as a "kick open the gate movie." If that's not going to do it, then nothing will at this point.

But then they're following it up with a Supergirl movie by a writer that's never written any movies before? Does this strike no one else as utterly insane? They have that kind of faith in her? Based on what, exactly? Even at best, it will only serve to undermine or sap away whatever goodwill the Superman movie might have earned before it and torpedo in whatever comes after it. And if Gunn's Superman movie is a stumble? Oh boy, is that Supergirl movie ever going to bomb.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:24 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just don't make it Go. It sickens me that for a whole generation of kids, that's become the definitive version

Base it off Taylor's Titans at least, give us Beast World as a movie.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 04:43 AM   #9
drgon78
Mad Scientist

As much as I hate Teen Titans Go, I would prefer that over that god awful live action TV series.

I am sure this movie will suck just like everything else from Warner Brothers.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 05:26 AM   #10
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

If it's live-action, I don't see how it's possible to make it like Go.

It still amazes me that Go is still running. Is it really that popular with kids today? I think I only watched the first episode but quickly fell off.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:00 AM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post

It still amazes me that Go is still running. Is it really that popular with kids today? I think I only watched the first episode but quickly fell off.
I kind of pay attention to it whenever it does a Gar and Rae romance episode, but the comics have went with that relationship now too so I haven't caught up in years.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:19 AM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

So is it safe to assume the line-up is the same as in in the 2003 cartoon and TTGO? Adaptations do seem to hover around those characters but aren't necessarily a perfect match, JL vs TT replaced Cyborg with Blue Beetle and Dick with Damian, and I think Cyborg was just introduced in the live-action show so they could swap him for Beast Boy in the Doom Patrol crossover early in the first season. There's also Brave and the Bold, while no team is ever called the Titans in that show, Robin does team up with Aqua Lad and Speedy in one episode which ends with him becoming Nightwing.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:32 AM   #13
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I never understood why Cyborg was made into a JL member. Was that something that started with the New 52?
Old 03-16-2024, 09:01 AM   #14
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Just don't make it Go. It sickens me that for a whole generation of kids, that's become the definitive version

Base it off Taylor's Titans at least, give us Beast World as a movie.
I was pissed when they cancelled Justice League Action after one season but Teen Titans Go is on it's 8th season and they're supposed to be doing a 9th one as well wtf I know Justice League Action was no Justice League/Justice League Unlimited but I still thought it was fun to watch.

Quote:

Yes I've seen Teen Titans Go fans say that it is far superior to the original Teen Titans show. Even though I'm not into Teen Titans as much as the DCAU shows it was better than Teen Titans Go.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:25 AM   #15
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
I was pissed when they cancelled Justice League Action after one season but Teen Titans Go is on it's 8th season and they're supposed to be doing a 9th one as well wtf I know Justice League Action was no Justice League/Justice League Unlimited but I still thought it was fun to watch.

Yes I've seen Teen Titans Go fans say that it is far superior to the original Teen Titans show. Even though I'm not into Teen Titans as much as the DCAU shows it was better than Teen Titans Go.
Is there really going to be a 9th season? Sheesh!

I'm sure those Go fans are just trolls.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:07 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is supposed to be part of Gunn's universe, right? So in his Batman movie, Damian is the current Robin, so I don't think Dick Grayson will be part of the Teen Titans unless this is a prequel movie or something.

It'll probably be a newer generation of Teen Titans with Damian as Robin and a bunch of younger heroes over the original ones.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:58 AM   #17
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://comicbookmovie.com/teen-tita...0071#gs.6z16m0

Looks like it will be based off of Teen Titan Rebirth

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-26-2024 at 10:26 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 11:06 AM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I never understood why Cyborg was made into a JL member. Was that something that started with the New 52?
I think it was pretty much 'too many white people in the JL founding members'. I don't know why they didn't just use Black Lightning.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:15 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think it was pretty much 'too many white people in the JL founding members'. I don't know why they didn't just use Black Lightning.
Or John Stewart. It seems simple. As a younger guy, Cyborg is a Teen Titan. When he grows up, he's a Titan. Easy.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:19 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or John Stewart. It seems simple. As a younger guy, Cyborg is a Teen Titan. When he grows up, he's a Titan. Easy.
True, but keep in mind I said the FOUNDING members, so naturally they'd go with Hal Jordan. The New 52 rewrote the JL origins to make Cyborg a member of the team since day one. I'm not sure if Rebirth undid that though.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote