The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #241
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Guess what? Jane's not gonna be in this 3rd movie. She broke up with Thor.

Now Thor's got the hots for the new girl in the movie from what I read. Ugh, cringe.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #242
CyberCubed
Overlord

Natalie Portman didn't want to come back again, who cares.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #243
Shark_Blade
Emperor

She's important since the beginning, so that's another huge loss for this movie.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #244
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I heard Lady Sif isn't in the movie either, her last appearance was on an episode of Agents of Shield, they asked Kevin Feige why she's not in it.
http://screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok-lady-sif/
Old 10-21-2017, 03:14 AM   #245
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
She's important since the beginning, so that's another huge loss for this movie.
Not for me...didn't like the character she played...but aside from that, I wish they wouldn't bother with a love interest period.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:21 AM   #246
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
There's no accounting for taste.
Totally. I can’t belive people don’t see how repetitive and grating these movies have become.

But, taste is subjective in all art and I know a lot of people enjoy the predictable formula of a Marvel movie and prefer no changes to that formula. While I know that comment was aimed at me, These movies have not been my cuppa tea in years. I find most (well pretty much all of them recently) of the Marvel movies extremely grating. Avengers 3 better be amazingly different. It’s the only one I’m interested in seeing in the theater of any of the upcoming MCU movies.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #247
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Jane Foster seems like a wasted opportunity in the MCU, in the comics she became the female Thor.

Kevin Feige hasnt ruled out the possibility of a female Thor.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...sworth-a154662

Last edited by TigerClaw; 10-21-2017 at 08:33 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #248
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Jane Foster seems like a wasted opportunity in the MCU, in the comics she became the female Thor.
Aka the poster child for Marvel's crumbling sales.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:34 PM   #249
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Totally. I can’t belive people don’t see how repetitive and grating these movies have become.

These movies have not been my cuppa tea in years. I find most (well pretty much all of them recently) of the Marvel movies extremely grating. Avengers 3 better be amazingly different. It’s the only one I’m interested in seeing in the theater of any of the upcoming MCU movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:34 AM   #250
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I actually like Jane Foster's character in the movies though I wasn't that big on her sidekick. Personally if they are not going to have her in the 3rd movie it would have been better for Thor to not have a new love interest. Also why no Sif and the Warriors Three?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #251
Vegita-San
Emperor

that's stupid. i wonder if it was done just to spite natilee portman for not doing the third one?

still don't understand why she doesn't like these movies.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #252
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
that's stupid. i wonder if it was done just to spite natilee portman for not doing the third one?

still don't understand why she doesn't like these movies.
Cause she wants to be taken serious as an actor I guess, and not be pigeon holed by summer popcorn movies.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #253
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a clip featuring a funny exchange between Thor, The Grandmaster, and Loki.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:32 AM   #254
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just got back from it

Spoiler:
Ragnarok was kind of the "b" plot for much of the duration, only becoming more prominent at the end as the parallel storylines came together. Not much of it impressed me as usual, though I was grateful that Thor didn't magically reform Mjonoir (I was dreading that when he had the conversation with Odin in the dream) and that he lost an eye. I even liked Strange's cameo and Thor failing to adapt to the constant scene-shifting. Scurge's flip-flopping came too late in the movie for me to care, and he didn't even get to execute anyone...at least not until he turned face again and started shooting down the reanimated legions with the guns.

Hela was yet another shite MCU panto villain who you had no stake in, didn't believe was a threat, and all her grand accomplishments were laid bare in the past tense rather than the immediate present.

There wasn't much to the big revelation Odin used her in conquering the nine realms because everyone else that could have reacted emotionally to them was having a grand old time making poo poo and dick jokes on another planet.

Did'nt stay for the post credit stuff..

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-25-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:12 AM   #255
Vegita-San
Emperor

i hope it's not as terrible as that description made it sound
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #256
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Fun fact

Spoiler:
Skuge's change of heart and subsequent attack on Hela's legions are borrowed directly from the comics
Old 10-25-2017, 04:41 PM   #257
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Aka the poster child for Marvel's crumbling sales.
Probably should have thought that one through to make you're point as she's one of Marvel's best sellers.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:12 AM   #258
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Probably should have thought that one through to make you're point as she's one of Marvel's best sellers.
The only one to make it into the top ten in months was Issue 700, and that's only because it's starting a storyline to boot her out of the role and put the proper Thor back in. Try again.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #259
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The only one to make it into the top ten in months was Issue 700, and that's only because it's starting a storyline to boot her out of the role and put the proper Thor back in. Try again.
It has been a consistently high digital seller and correct me if I'm wrong but even in the direct market the two volumes starring Jane have generally done better than Thor: God of Thunder which was hyped at the time as a commercial and critical hit. If you're going to make a point about bad sales then maybe pick an example that backs up your argument not detracts from it.

Last edited by Galactus; 10-26-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:50 PM   #260
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I thought it was very enjoyable. The plot was less convoluted than some of the recent MCU stuff, and they set things up and pay them off in a satisfying way.

It's pretty funny too.

Blanchett was good, but she got lumped with the formulaic stuff. "Blah blah blah exposition - blah blah blah retcon - now I need to fight a room full of CGI guys for 20 minutes by waving my hands around like I'm doing the Macarena - now I need to raise an army of different CGI guys with no faces, so that nobody complains that a movie we're marketing to little kids has a higher body-count than Commando"

She is pretty rad though.

Tags
marvel cinematic titanic, ragnacuck, whor 3: ragnacock