The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #81
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Well their two different movies. Spider-man is more fansty, Batman is more realistic. I mean Batman could happen in some aspects. Spider-man is impossible on every level. Plus Spider-man takes place mostly during the day. Batman is a night person hence all the crime fighting takes place at night. It all boils down to what style you like more
Old 06-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #82
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie
Oh come on, I love the SPidey Comics, I always have, but the movies suck

Bulls*it, there humane, unlike any Batman comic or movie that only appeals to an aspect of good vs evil.

There two differeing styles
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #83
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Im not saying there arent two different styles, but Batman Begins was a film that surpassed Spidey 1 & 2. And I'm a guy who loves his SPider-Comics, but I hate those movies. The first time its magic, yeah, but you can't watch them over and over again. They just arent that as good.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:48 PM   #84
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Oh come on, I love the SPidey Comics, I always have, but the movies suck, and suck pretty hardcore compared to this.

I hold with Brodie. This movie surpassed Spider-Man by a long shot. And DH took the words out of my mouth.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #85
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Im not saying there arent two different styles, but Batman Begins was a film that surpassed Spidey 1 & 2. And I'm a guy who loves his SPider-Comics, but I hate those movies. The first time its magic, yeah, but you can't watch them over and over again. They just arent that as good.
haha maybe you cant watch it more then once. I saw Spider-man 2 3 times in theaters and twice on Imax. Then I watched it again when I got the DVD
Old 06-17-2005, 03:52 PM   #86
BartAllen
Banned

I love when people state opinion as fact.. anyways. yeah.. spiderman and batman are two very different concepts. both are equally good, and for two very different reasons.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #87
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
haha maybe you cant watch it more then once. I saw Spider-man 2 3 times in theaters and twice on Imax. Then I watched it again when I got the DVD

.....I don't see how...the...laughing face...is.....relevent...

I like how Zarius jumped my **** for having an opinion, especially a good opinion about Batman. You know what that means, friends, no opinions when Z is around.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #88
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I like how Zarius jumped my **** for having an opinion.
It would have been more helpful if you had went into detail over why they sucked..not to mention pasted the words "My opinion" in your post, because for chirsts' sake, it is'nt fact, I still watch Spider-Man I and II, as others have clearly stated.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:35 PM   #89
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Im suprised this movie is being compared to Spidey so much when X2 was praised as the best comic movie ever.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #90
Super Moderator

I saw the movie tonight, and I thought it was unbelievable in every sense of the word. Voltron was explaining to me that it was told like the comics, and you gotta appreciate that. I really do love Batman.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:25 AM   #91
Rikirk
Foot Soldier

Quote:
spiderman and batman are two very different concepts. both are equally good, and for two very different reasons.
Hear hear...

I feel the same way.

"Yes, yes I admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I already figured out that youre stupid.'---Dr Rodney McKay - Stargate: Atlantis
Rikirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #92
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior

I loved this Batman movie, got to see it last night. I do feel it was better than the Burton films, but they were two different movies.

I don't get why people are comparing Spider-Man and Batman. I thought they were both very good. Superman on the other hand...I hoping the upcoming movie will change my opinion of him. I've always thought that character was dreadfully boring (But I loved Supergirl stuff for some reason... Maybe it's because I'm a girl? I don't know, I just think she's more interesting, got more of a personality...I'll be quiet now )

Anyway, this movie rocked! I'm looking forward to the next one!

Off Topic: Did you guys catch the trailers? Disney's new superhero movie looks really lame, it made me feel as if they were trying to milk off of "The Incredibles" fame!
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:51 AM   #93
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
not to mention pasted the words "My opinion" in your post, because for chirsts' sake, it is'nt fact
Are you telling me that when someone posts what they think you still read it as fact unless they've put 'IMO' or 'IMHO'?

Grow up and don't be so stupid. If someone is saying something sucks of course it's opinion. Use some goddamn common sense.

ps. Saw the film. It was awesome. Even though fight scenes were mostly just black blurs. But the focus was more on the brilliantly told and tightly scripted story. And Michael Caine, the cockney, surprise surprise, had a good cockney accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom
Michael Caine IS cockney.
I was being sarcastic.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #94
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Batman begins surpased my expectations. I was extremely happy with this movie, they have finaly caught the essence of the Batman comics. And In my opinion, this film will be hard to beat. And while Batman is one of my all time favorite Comic book heros, I'm not being biased here. I was one of the first people to rip Batman Forever and then Batman and Robin to shreds. I don't understand why they are comparing it to Spiderman. Batman and Spiderman are to different people, with different lives and methods. And while I prefer the Bat, Spidey does a good job. And most of the negative stuff I've read, I can tell alot of them are from people who don't know Batman aside from the last series of films or cartoons. Anyway, I give this movie my reccommendation. I realy thought it was great. Aside from Batman, the only comic book properties I'm looking forward to right now are the new TMNT film project, and Sword of Dracula. But I will see Spiderman three, no doubt..I would like to see Superman do well, But only time will tell man.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #95
verminator_x
Hench Mutant

still not got the chance to see this movie batman begins
i was big fan of the films with michael caine in the role as batman and i loved that tim burton made the two first movies. but after batman returns the next two movies forever and batman and robin did not stand up to the two first movies. even with so many great actors.
Shine on you crazy diamond.

verminator_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #96
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

I just got back from seeing this not but a few hours ago.

It was very well done. I liked the story and all, but I have a few gripes.

First, Gotham City didn't look gothic; it looked more Metropolitan to me. Second, the fight scenes were hard to follow, being so close-up and in your face (though it was easier on the eyes than the duels in Star Wars -- no seizure-inducing blinking lights). Third, I hoped the Batmobile had looked a bit more bat-like than it did.

Other than that, I loved the film. Gary Oldman did a great job as James Gordon, Liam Neeson as Ducard was also superb, and Michael Caine as Alfred was well-placed. I also deeply enjoyed Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. The dialogue was entertaining. I especially liked these lines:

Spoiler:
Batman (to Ra's al Ghul): I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.

Gordon: I never thanked you.
Batman: You'll never have to.

Not to mention this revelation in the film:

Spoiler:
Ducard is actually Ra's al Ghul.

The fact that the movie was set up for a sequel made it even better.

Christopher Nolan did a better job than Burton, I think.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:01 PM   #97
Leo656
The Franchise

I think the reason people are comparing Batman Begins to the Spider-Man flicks is because even though X-Men came out first, it was the first Spider-Man movie that "legitimized" comic book films since the Tim Burton Batman, meaning that comic movies were finally seen as "good movies" on their own right and could be enjoyed by people who never read comics. X-Men did it to a point, but Spider-Man is a much more well-known character among non-comic fans. I know tons of people who never have and never will read comics, but they saw - and loved - the Spider-Man movie. That "legitimcay" is why people are comparing "Batman Begins" to the "Spider-Man" films; not similar content, but because they are seen as more than "niche" movies.

That said, every single comic movie before this one now has the stigma attached to it as still somehow "cheesy", because Batman seemed entirely plausible and aside from one or two lines there was nothing really laughable. As opposed to the Goblin's completely horrid "We'll meet again, Spider-Man!" and Aunt May's "deliver us from evil" stuff. Note to Raimi, Singer, Ratner, and any other comic directors: Just cuz a line works in comics, that doesn't mean it won't sound like ass on film.

However, sometimes things stated "as opinion" are, actually, applicable as fact. For example, the statement "'Batman Forever' was wretched and 'Batman and Robin' was just one long gay joke that was so abominably, unspeakably bad that some DVD copies have actually burst into flames rather than allow themselves to be played and let any more people suffer and have to gouge out their eyes" isn't an opinion. It's fact. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:45 PM   #98
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior

Which movie introduced Robin? I always get those confused . T thought that one that introduced Robin was decent (keep in mind, it's been YEARS since I've watched the Batman films of the past), that last one pre-Begins sucked beyond reason to me. The acting and plot were just-yech! I loved the Burton films! Thought both were really good! This one was better, but it doesn't kill my love for the two Burton films.
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:47 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

"Batman Forever" was the one who introduced Robin, and that was only one of the many problems the two Schumacher films had. Not the Robin concept, but the fact that Chris O'Donnell was a whiny bitch and completely unlikable as Robin. Dick Grayson was supposed to be a likable character; O'Donnell played him more like Jason Todd, who was hated by so many that they eventually voted to have the character killed off. And while it wasn't as bad as "Batman and Robin", it (like so many movies back then) suffered from Jim Carrey disease, where every movie company thought they needed Jim Carrey in it to turn a profit. No, contrary to popular opinion, I thought his performance as the Riddler was horrendous, even moreso because it took the tragic, mentally disturbed character of Two-Face and ruined it for the sole reason of Tommy Lee Jones feeling he had to upstage Carrey. In the comics, Two-Face's duality and his psyche went much deeper than the shallow, "babbling idiot on crack" that Jones portrayed him as. And I do feel that given a better script and no Jim Carrey, Jones would have made a really good Two-Face. Shame.

Well, I do think that as long as there's a contract stipulating that Joel Schumacher, Jim Carrey, Governor Arnold, and the rubber Bat-Nipples aren't even allowed on the set of a Batman movie (or any DC comics movie, for that matter) ever, ever again, the Batman franchise should be safe for the forseeable future.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #100
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Ok, Saw Begins Last Night and let me start off by saying, The Burton movies were a Very Big part of my life and they have left a Mark on my youth that will never go away, Those movies, Not superman made me believe that a superhero movie could not only be done, But done well. That being Said.

BATMAN BEGINS F*CKING TRUMPS IT.

Breaking away from the Comic movie norm, Nolan and Company bring a movie that Highlights Batman's TRUE origins (Although taking some liberties but theres no Jack Napier shooting his Parents).

The First scene of Batman in Full costume is where the Hero becomes something completely different from Spider-man and Wolverine, Not Attacking a Group of Guys in a Rage, Not fighting Thugs to save a Girl. Batman Picks off the Thugs one by one in a scene that looks more like a horror movie than a Superhero movie. The Whole concept of Gotham being seperated into the Nice metropolis and the Slums was alittle weird but worked near the end.

All in All This movie satified me more than Star Wars and even though it ain't gonna make History making Money, its a Good Movie that Deserves an Audience.

Heres hoping the Sequel is Greenlit and Nolan and Company
Spoiler:
Plus Crispin Glover
Will all return.

BTW i had the biggest Fangasim with the last scene
Spoiler:
Where Organized Crime is now gone in Gotham and The Crazies are coming out of the woodwork, JOKER CARD!!!!!

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a long time ago, cuckman begins