The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Didnt that just PULL you in?!
FUGITOID!!!! 12 36.36%
Baxter's got a NEW Body?! 9 27.27%
An upgrade? More like a Side-grade... 3 9.09%
Could you walk away from Your father? Even if you knew what he did was Wrong? 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

New Ep Discussion: "Mission of Gravity"

Hey Everyone!

Well, it has finally come to pass. After months of repairs and clean-up in the Post-Triceraton Reconstruction, it has FINALLY come to light that Beijing is still floating up around the Earth!

Those poor people must be suffering by now. Water is literally its weight in gold, food is scarce, Medicine worth killing for. I can't help but think that some have gone as far as Cannibalism for food. I mean... there's a famous person that said "if every adult on this planet ate a baby..."

Um.. nevermind.

So, the boys are going to China to help bring down the city? Not exactly. See, this is where the corporate world steps in.

Look at the mechanism holding Beijing over the planet. The Triceraton Anti-gravity Generator is going full-blast, little input fuel-wise, but Look at what it can DO!
A machine of such power must surely be worth TRILLIONS. And Every country, goverment and corporation will want to have their chance to get their hands on it. Especially the evil corporations. Are the boys going to idly sit around and watch everything on CNN or BBC? Heck no! You know what that means...

ROAD TRIP!

Just without Tom Green(Raph?) pulling anything X-rated.. :rolls:

Anyways...the boys are going to be in for some new surprises (not all that surprising as of late), and are going to be fighting for the welfare of literally Millions!

So.. if/when the boys get it down to earth again... Can you imagine what China's going to have to do to REPAIR everything?! Sewers, electricity, and Landscape repair are going to be Biggies.. but the biggest thing?

Medical. SO many people are going to be weak after living up in space for a good number of months. the lack of food, water and medicine probably resulted in many deaths, both natural and Unnatural, wide-spread malnutrition, and bouts of panic. And what about atmosphere? Millions of people take up a LOT of oxygen. And I'm not sure Beijing is known for having a lot of trees and such. Oxygen deprivation can result in breain damage and eventual death!

While I"m kinda forcing a lot of scary stuff on you, well.... This is taking a realistic view of the situation.

Now, we know that Shredder's been taking a good inventory of both his employees and his Executive Staff. With Hun and Dr. Stockman slowly getting replaced by Karai and Dr. Chapman, there's bound to be hostilities there. We've already seen hints of it from "New Blood", with Baxter and the excitable Dr. Chapman. But what of Hun and Karai? Will we see something happen between them? (in hostile terms, it'll be a cold day in hell when they get sweet on each other...)

And as for Shredder...
With this sort of power, what will the 'City Savior' use this machinery for? He's already stockpiled ALL the Triceraton Weapons and Vehicles. heck, he probably got a few of their casualties to look at for Genetic information. And what was in the metal box, two weeks ago? Will we get a hint of whats in that? Who knows...

SO.

Will the turtles get to the generator before those bent on abusing the power?
Will beijing be replaced rightly, or will Beijing crash to the Earth, possibly disturbing the whole ecosystem of the planet?
Will the transition to New Power make itself more evident? And what will happen with Hun and Baxter?
Is Chapman going to try sweettalking Karai again? (*gag*)

*special note*
Now, I know on CN, theyre going to be showing new episodes before 4Kids does. This discussion thread is ONLY for "Mission of Gravity". If you have something to say about the other ones, write it down and save it for when we get the threads up.

Until then...

STAY TUNED!!!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Weeee're open!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #3
Kazari
Foot Elite

I thought this episode wasn't all that good. I really can't stand karai. I was pretty much bored again. Hopefully next week will be better.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

what did shredder do to Hun at the end? Oh maaaaaaaaaaan...

Big plus to Professor Honeycutt ignoring Mikey.

Baxter's new bod = sexy

Mousers v2.0... meh

Overall, a good episode but it'll be nice for an episode that doesn't require two seasons of backstory to make sense.

Oh yeah, the fax mystery was solved!
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Damn!!! I slept through half the episode. Oh well. It's going to be on CN in the afternoon so I can tape it then.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
Lioness-Goddess
Hench Mutant

I'm glad the fax mystery is over. That noise was bugging me. And, as good as it was to see Prof. Honeycutt again, I kinda wished he would just stay dead.

There wasn't enough turtles...but Mikey not being 'essential information' cracked me up.

Also Bejing being put down backwards...how are they gonna fix that?
Lioness-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #7
In The Clouds
Thug

Professor Honeycutt?

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!
In The Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #8
IceFlash78
Hench Mutant

I thought this episode was great! Good action, good humor... I loved the Mikey/Fugtoid's interaction... That had me laughing out loud.

I kinda wish the action was longer, but I liked how the "old blood" are being upstaged by the "new blood". I think whatever Saki did to the Hun will set up/be referred to in "Hun on the Run"

I think the way they brought back the Fugitod was good.. If they had brought back his body, I would have felt.. i don't know... cheated... but since they only brought back his memories, I felt it was proper...

Good Leo/Karai interaction... I think the turtles FINALLY understand why Karai is so loyal to Saki... It also looks like she's starting to actively disobey her master... Again.. I think it'll play a huge role in teh season finale..

I thought it was an extremely good episode... It really moved teh series along to the season finale, didn't feel rushed, didn't rip off anything (that I noticed..) and the humor wasn't too over the top...

Anybody see the preview for the Enienty Below? look like maybe that "notes from the underground" saga may finally have its closing chapter.. can't wait to catch it tomorrow!
IceFlash78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #9
Lioness-Goddess
Hench Mutant

yeah, I THOUGHT that guy looked familiar.
Lioness-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #10
shadowflame611
Hench Mutant

It was an okay episode...wasnt GREAT, but wasnt bad, either. Personally, I am sick of Stockman... and his mousers. *shrugs*

Though what peaked my interest was in the end when you juss heard Stockman and Hun scream...makes you wounder what happened tpo them. I doubt that Saki killed them... but all i could think about was that purple dragon dude who failed Shredder in the first season...

Glad that Beijing is back on Earth...finally lol.
*If you don't teach children four letter words, then they will never learn the meaning of love*

My two short fics on the boys (two down, two to go!)... Leonardo -(Stabbed) and Donatello -(His Final Thoughts )
shadowflame611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #11
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

once again, one of my favorite episodes. shock! I was so surprised to see Fugitoid again. I dont like Chaplin's voice, it sounds way too much like donatello/leonardo at times (i know its played by one of their VAs) and thats not good, he doesnt have an origional voice to the character and so much that I thought a turtle was saying the preview from last week. I was yelling at my TV "WHAT HAPPENED!" but then i said hun still needs to go on the run so its all set.

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

"Mission of Gravity". Does anyone else just LOVE the interaction between Saki, Hun, Baxter, Karai, and Dr. Chapmen? This has seriously made this episode and the Shredder episode before this.

The fact that they're all trying to kill each other off is hilarious, and the fact that Karai always gets away with everything.

Other than that they tied up the loose end of Beijing floating in the air, found out Fugitoid survived by transferring his memory into Don's gadget, and Baxter getting a new body. The Mouser 2.0's were pretty cool also.

I think some of you just aren't interested in TMNT anymore, to say an episode like this with excellent character development is boring means you just don't like the franchise anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:24 AM   #13
stege-chan
Foot Soldier

Meh, this eppy really wasn't too much fun... @_@ Not so much enough...plot. *sighs*

High points:

*WHY can't the Fugitoid just stay DEAD?!!! I can't stand him. x_x It was kind of funny though how Mikey was 'nonessential information' Whoopsie. Thank Kami-sama that that whole fax crap is over!

*Dude...Karai is my hero! I wanna be just like her when I grow up.

She stuffed the poor boys in a box. XD

..........Leo just needs to stop trying to reform her. Poor boy...he's got a crush but bad.

*Haha! Hun and Stockman are in trouuuuubleeeee! Can't wait to see what happens there. Bwa ha!

Three new episodes of turtles in the next three days! I can't wait!
Old 02-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #14
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Glad to hear Honeycutt survived. The Fugitoid's always been one of my favourite supporting characters in the TMNT world, so I got a little nervous when I heard he was "killed" recently in the show. Now it's just a relatively simple matter of retrieving his body (or building a new one) and transferring his memories/personality back into it, huh?

I don't get FoxBox here (or is that 4KidsTV now?), so I haven't been able to watch the show in some time. If someone would be able to give me details on Chapman and Baxter's new body (and screen captures, if at all possible!), I would be very appreciative.

Danke!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #15
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

My first thoughts: Months?! It's been MONTHS, and Beijing is still up there?!

Karai! I like Karai. I was sighing with relief when Leo dived down to catch her. I feel so bad for her... she doesn't know what to do with/about Saki.

Dr. Chapman is still likable... but his "that'd be so cool!" response to the thought of a whole city crashing down to earth made me wish someone would slap him. I don't like him so much this time around.

Quote:
what did shredder do to Hun at the end? Oh maaaaaaaaaaan...
I know... *winces* I don't like Hun terribly much, but he looks to Saki like a father also, and look how he's getting treated.

Mousers... you know, ever since a certain arcade game in the late 80's/early 90's, that would always eat my quarters for lunch when mousers showed up... I can't stand the little buggers. They're kinduv cute in a creepy sort of way (remember the one wagging its tail when it presented the red cloth to Baxter in April's ruined shop?) but there're just too many teeth and claws there. Giant mousers with spider legs... now that's creepy. There wasn't much redeeming cuteness to those guys. Ugh.

I wondered if Don was ever gong to hook something to his phone line to see just what that fax was. Good thing the signal kept trying, or he would have lost the Professor.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Probably would have been better if they reversed the reverse gravity
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #17
Turtleman100
Hench Mutant

I liked this episoded, it was better than the last episoded. Those Mousers 2.0 were cool I wish the Turtles fought them more in the episoded. Hun and Baxter, I wonder if they are going to join forces and try to get the shredder. Baxter new robot outfit is cool. I can't wait to see next saturdays episoded tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #18
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

The new mousers were put in the episode as a new enemy for Ninja Turtles 3.Well mhat do they look like.The flipper robots from the old games.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #19
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

looks like that Chapman chump is there to stay. Oh well..
Old 02-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #20
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

I actually like Dr. Chapman. His geeky attitude and childlike demenor is...I don't know, funny. The scene with him waving to Stockman, "Oh hi Dr. Stockman!"

But Baxter should have been dead. The guy just grabbed his brain and put it in the robot suit, and none too gently I might add. Seriously that should have resulted in brain damage. And why would he touch a brain without gloves anyways?

Nice to see this is what sets up the premise to "Hun on the Run." Question is...why would the turtles help him?
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote