The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #3401
IMJ
Emperor

Going out into my backyard and seeing my new Arbor Vidae growing in new planter boxes. Had it done yesterday so today was the first day I got to wake up and see the work as if it's always been there.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #3402
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

For as hectic as it's been...I got six (temporary?) foster kittens this evening? The previous foster couldn't handle them anymore (and also wasn't doing THE BEST to take care of them, to mine and my mom's chagrin), so I have them until a new permanent one can be secured.

And then we named them.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:48 PM   #3403
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Making me happy- Iron Maiden concert is tomorrow! (Technically tonight, since it's now Saturday, but....) Gonna rock my socks off!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #3404
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Day late, but got the exercise bike I ordered.

Spent all day and evening Saturday waiting for UPS, only for it to fail to show up and move to Monday. Grr. >.> Must have been last on the list. Didn't even come until later afternoon yesterday, but at least it finally did. Got it put together and seems like a pretty decent one for the price.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #3405
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

While I felt crummy through the day to the point of not being able to help with some housecleaning (deep crack in the heel of my foot didn't help), I felt better with one helluva bath that should help me get some pep for tomorrow.

With lots of salts and bath bomb, total coating in sugar scrub, slathering in coconut oil...I felt pretty godly. And then once my foot heals up, I should be able to get it pedicured.

Also, got a decent heating pad for my three kittens that are surviving (all three looking like they're totally different life stages - with one that we need to keep off the brink).

My adult foster is going to live with my youngest brother, who is getting divorced (oh noooo what ever will I do without the SIL whose dog killed my cat???)
Which is great because she started food striking again. Yesterday we gave her subcutaneous fluids (which we've also been giving to the weakest kitten to boost his appetite and keep him from getting dehydrated), and that has her eating a little bit.

So in spite of some physical and mental exhaustion, things are going well as far as my animals are concerned.

Also my other brother's girlfriend is hosting a Yom Kippur party at our house, when we've never really hosted big celebrations like that. So that's a big motivation for giant cleanup.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #3406
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Spent a relaxing day out in Newcastle
Old 10-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #3407
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Easy extra pay on an otherwise off day. Via meeting up with my supervisor and a couple others to get things set up on the brand new devices we get at the regional meeting next week. And then come home and relax on my own computer and page through a long, but easy interactive "work harassment training" thing and get paid for that time too.

Also, I love when people just randomly include the TMNT in stuff. This made me laugh.

Quote:
https://www.standard.net/news/educat...aa932f676.html
Students at Northridge High get a taste of CSI

Students were separated into teams called “units,” just like real — and dramatized — crime scene investigations.

The victim in another group’s crime scene was the Master Chief character from the video game “Halo.” His body was surrounded by broken glass, a signed document, a tiny piece of pizza and a three-pronged sais cut out of paper, suggesting that at least one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had been present at the scene.
Raph...what did you do. Or at least got mixed up in.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:34 AM   #3408
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I find it more shocking that someone murdered Master Chief! (Love the first three Halo games, so I am saddened by his passing.... RIP, Sir....)

Old 10-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #3409
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Long, but fun yearly work meeting with people I may or may not have met a year ago (some seemed familiar, aside from the two I know and a couple of others I saw last week), free food (and left over pizza and cookies I brought home), and was focused on learning how to use our new devices. Little sad saying goodbye to my old I've had since hired, but these new ones are nice Samsung A20 phones, just with the phone part deactivated.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:18 AM   #3410
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Haven’t been posting much these days, but wanted to share some good news - fiiiiinally got a horror script optioned by a major studio Still a long way from it becoming a reality but they seemed genuinely excited about it and my co-writer and I have been getting calls from agents since the deal was signed, which is a good sign it’s being talked about. And even if it doesn’t get made, I got paid a nice option fee (with the stipulation of coming on as Producer if it gets picked up!).

Sorry if this is coming off a bit “gloaty” but I’ve been busting my ass for over ten years trying to get something going and the past few months everything’s just been clicking into place. Just finally feeling good. Haven’t been drinking, getting high, or anything else that’s kept me numb. Just in a good place for once, and wanted to share
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:24 AM   #3411
Leo656
The Franchise

No, no, that is justifiably Good News after putting that much work in. Hope it works out.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:25 AM   #3412
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Haven’t been posting much these days, but wanted to share some good news - fiiiiinally got a horror script optioned by a major studio Still a long way from it becoming a reality but they seemed genuinely excited about it and my co-writer and I have been getting calls from agents since the deal was signed, which is a good sign it’s being talked about. And even if it doesn’t get made, I got paid a nice option fee (with the stipulation of coming on as Producer if it gets picked up!).

Sorry if this is coming off a bit “gloaty” but I’ve been busting my ass for over ten years trying to get something going and the past few months everything’s just been clicking into place. Just finally feeling good. Haven’t been drinking, getting high, or anything else that’s kept me numb. Just in a good place for once, and wanted to share
That's great news! All the best with that.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:26 AM   #3413
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Thanks, Leo
Old 10-19-2019, 03:29 AM   #3414
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
That's great news! All the best with that.
Thanks man. This all feels kinda surreal but I’m still more the “I’ll get excited and believe it when I’m standing on set” kinda guy.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:30 AM   #3415
Leo656
The Franchise

Think nothing of it. I had a bad day and now I gotta try and buy my way into Heaven one good deed at a time. I was halfway up and now I gotta start all over again.

Like "Crow: Stairway To Heaven", nah'mean?

But no, seriously, good luck with that.

Old 10-19-2019, 03:34 AM   #3416
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

That’s movie is a deep cut in two different ways, homie.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:50 AM   #3417
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
That’s movie is a deep cut in two different ways, homie.
Wasn't "Stairway To Heaven" the Crow TV show where the pilot was like a Community Theater version of the first movie? And Top Dollar turned into a snake at the end?

That was some sh*t, man.

Old 10-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #3418
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:

Congratulations friend, glad you persevered.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #3419
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah, congrats, Krutch! You deserve it! (Is it the same one I read? If so, that would be awesome!)

Ok, so making me happy today is getting to go to a cousin's wedding. Granted, it means I have to be around the step-dud, but I figure I can just avoid talking to him and let him sit in the corner being grumpy (like he usually does) like everyone else does. At least the rest of his family is cool. And it's "casual", so nothing too fancy.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #3420
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Gloat all you want, that's awesome! Grats!